Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
So what you're saying is that a pylon could have done the same job as Jim Ryan? Bruh... Spider-Man, GoW and Horizon came out in 2018, Jim Ryan became CEO of Playstation in 2019 after he forced Shawn Layden out. He's basically riding the coattails of his predecessors. Thanks for proving my point.

Million dollar NFTs are now worth pennies and the live service games are about to begin imploding!

-Epic games just announced they are laying off nearly 1000 employees.

-Developers of Fall Guys just announced they've layed off the entire studio.

-Sega just announced the cancellation of their upcoming live service game... Hyenna

-Capcom's recent GAAS game, Exoprimal... is a flop.

And yet Sony has 12 live service games in development. Say that again.. TWELVE! Ain't nobody got time to play no twelve live service games! Three years since TLOU2 and still no word on Factions? People tore 343 apart, but at least they managed to release a fully functioning single and multiplayer game. Jim Ryan basically skipping town now that Xbox is finally starting to compete.

Jim Ryan’s presidency at PlayStation could have lasted longer but unfortunately it was powered by the same battery they use in the DualSense controllers.
"Skipping town now that Xbox is finally starting to compete." Looks at weekly sales 340.3k Playstation vs 122.6k Xbox...yeah they sure are catching up.

OMG you (he) took this too far.
forgiveness-forgiveness-please.gif

I just finished Chorvs. It's is a really cool open worldish space shooter. Got it for $10 a couple years ago. I really enjoyed it. I'm two trophies from the platinum. It's not too long either around 15-20 hours. You guys should give it a shot. I'm having fun clearing out the backlog.

Some new releases:

My Hero Ultra Rumble is out now as a free to play game:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10002357

Free PS+ pack that seems to give you 20 pulls for whatever gatcha mechanic it has:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0700-CUSA27946_00-GASHA20000000000

Includes:
• 200 Roll Tickets (10 tickets = 1 pull)

*This content will be available for download until Wednesday, January 10, 2024.
*A PlayStation®Plus subscription and MY HERO ULTRA RUMBLE is required for use of this product.
Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai is out now for $59.99:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10005547

Pizza Possum is out now for $6.99 or $6.29 with PS+:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10007967

Everhood: Eternity Edition is out now for $12.99:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10005887

Forgive Me Father is out now for $24.99 as a 90's style FPS with a Lovecraftian theme:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10007143

Disney Speedstorm's now free to play:

PS5: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2006-PPSA09297_00-1890663337895584

PS4: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2006-CUSA36359_00-9426954326712568

Free PS+ pack from July 31:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2006-PPSA09297_00-PLAYSTATIONPLUS2

I just finished Chorvs. It's is a really cool open worldish space shooter. Got it for $10 a couple years ago. I really enjoyed it. I'm two trophies from the platinum. It's not too long either around 15-20 hours. You guys should give it a shot. I'm having fun clearing out the backlog.
Nice, someone else who has actually heard of Chorvs, and even played it! Such a great, unique, underrated game. Basically it’s open-world Star Fox in deep space with humans. I’ve got almost 2k people on my PS friends list and I was still apparently the only one I saw to have ever played this game, which is a legit travesty. Definitely deserves more recognition.

The only thing that bugged me about the game was the moronic story and one of the most terrible main characters imaginable. Like, imagine if Space Hitler suddenly decided “hey, maybe genociding billions of people with my space cult was bad, I should instead join the resistance and pretend like I was never History’s Greatest Monster.” That’s basically the plot. But it’s ultimately a space shooter with buttery smooth controls and great visuals so who cares about the story anyway. I just ignored all that nonsense and blasted some post-rock and deep house and zoned out in space every night with some Colorado herb and it ended up being one of my favorite games of that year.

Everyone go play Chorvs.

Agreed, but tell that to the people who still worship Reggie & Iwata to this day.
The reason why people worship Reggie and Iwata is because they were passionate about the industry and great human beings first, CEO's second. Jim Ryan on the other hand looks like he barely even knows how to hold a controller.

Despite Epic Games having the most successful game on the entire planet, despite having the most successful game engine on the planet and despite having a very successful PC storefront, they chose to layoff nearly 1000 employees in order to increase profits for shareholders.

When Nintendo was going through hard times because of the Wii U, Iwata chose to cut his salary in half in order to keep his developers. Many of them say they will never forget what he did.

https://twitter.com/DJ_Link/status/1707456697168486902?s=19

Everyone go play Chorvs.
Agreed. Chorvs is a great game! If you enjoyed that then maybe go checkout Everspace. It's also available on PS Plus. The DLC is currently on sale for like $3. I'll be playing it over the weekend. If you played that and want more, the sequel is available on Game Pass.

Happy dogfighting soldiers! :twoguns:

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason why people worship Reggie and Iwata is because they were passionate about the industry and great human beings first, CEO's second. Jim Ryan on the other hand looks like he barely even knows how to hold a controller.

Despite Epic Games having the most successful game on the entire planet, despite having the most successful game engine on the planet and despite having a very successful PC storefront, they chose to layoff nearly 1000 employees in order to increase profits for shareholders.

When Nintendo was going through hard times because of the Wii U, Iwata chose to cut his salary in half in order to keep his developers. Many of them say they will never forget what he did.

https://twitter.com/DJ_Link/status/1707456697168486902?s=19
We're talking about the fans who worship Reggie and Iwata. If you're in the industry and they helped you I get it. If you're a normal person sitting behind a keyboard it's odd to worship or obsess over the CEO of a billion dollar company that doesn't give two craps about you. People in the industry that this Jim has interacted with seem to like and respect him. Even his main competitor at Xbox. Just because in your opinion he doesn't know how to hold a controller didn't mean he was not a great person to many.

Sorry to the regulars for adding to the thread derailment.

Nice, someone else who has actually heard of Chorvs, and even played it! Such a great, unique, underrated game. Basically it’s open-world Star Fox in deep space with humans. I’ve got almost 2k people on my PS friends list and I was still apparently the only one I saw to have ever played this game, which is a legit travesty. Definitely deserves more recognition.

The only thing that bugged me about the game was the moronic story and one of the most terrible main characters imaginable. Like, imagine if Space Hitler suddenly decided “hey, maybe genociding billions of people with my space cult was bad, I should instead join the resistance and pretend like I was never History’s Greatest Monster.” That’s basically the plot. But it’s ultimately a space shooter with buttery smooth controls and great visuals so who cares about the story anyway. I just ignored all that nonsense and blasted some post-rock and deep house and zoned out in space every night with some Colorado herb and it ended up being one of my favorite games of that year.

Everyone go play Chorvs.
Space Hitler is a good description for the prophet. Lol! Yeah the controls are really tight the quickness and snap turning remind me of an old PS4 game I played, the name escapes me though. Very good use of the dualsense too. The haptics, triggers and speaker combo really adds to the immersion. The story was strange and not it's strong point. I agree with that. I thought Star Fox Zero was pretty bad. But I did get vibes of the good Star Fox games. Definitely a hidden gem.

2k friends on PSN though? That's crazy. Lol

Yeah, at the end of the day, Jim Ryan was ultimately just your typical out of touch, short-sighted, profit trend-chasing Western-focused suit.

Was he was ousted for bad calls or thought it was a good time to get out with the inevitable drop ahead, who knows?

So what you're saying is that a pylon could have done the same job as Jim Ryan? Bruh... Spider-Man, GoW and Horizon came out in 2018, Jim Ryan became CEO of Playstation in 2019 after he forced Shawn Layden out. He's basically riding the coattails of his predecessors. Thanks for proving my point.

Million dollar NFTs are now worth pennies and the live service games are about to begin imploding!

-Epic games just announced they are laying off nearly 1000 employees.

-Developers of Fall Guys just announced they've layed off the entire studio.

-Sega just announced the cancellation of their upcoming live service game... Hyenna

-Capcom's recent GAAS game, Exoprimal... is a flop.

And yet Sony has 12 live service games in development. Say that again.. TWELVE! Ain't nobody got time to play no twelve live service games! Three years since TLOU2 and still no word on Factions? People tore 343 apart, but at least they managed to release a fully functioning single and multiplayer game. Jim Ryan basically skipping town now that Xbox is finally starting to compete.

Jim Ryan’s presidency at PlayStation could have lasted longer but unfortunately it was powered by the same battery they use in the DualSense controllers.
I'm with ya there.

Not everyone gets to have a live service game. Not everyone gets to be Fortnite, or Call of Duty. All of these studios developing games as 'service-first' can fuck right off. I'm so tired of it.

For instance, How am I supposed to get excited about The Division 3 after the way that Ubisoft handled the previous one? Cutting content and monetizing everything. Weekly and monthly Community Management and updates over basically nothing. You're destroying entire brands and IPs through fleecing customers. Which is why most ppl won't pay more than ~$20 for a Ubisoft game anymore. You destroyed your own brand; through gold editions, DLC malpractice, incomplete games, and vicious price slashing.

If you don't have something as good as like World of Warcraft then what are you even thinking. All these assholes developing games around revenue streams first. Cashing out after three years and getting entire, previously successful, studios shuttered permanently.

The other huge problem is all these basic ass gamers who support that stuff.

For me there's no quicker way to kill my interest in a game than the words live service. It means they're going to release a barebones game and monetize the fuck out of it. 

We're talking about the fans who worship Reggie and Iwata. If you're in the industry and they helped you I get it. If you're a normal person sitting behind a keyboard it's odd to worship or obsess over the CEO of a billion dollar company that doesn't give two craps about you. People in the industry that this Jim has interacted with seem to like and respect him. Even his main competitor at Xbox. Just because in your opinion he doesn't know how to hold a controller didn't mean he was not a great person to many.

Sorry to the regulars for adding to the thread derailment.
I’m not in the industry but I definitely admire Iwata for the way he carried himself and conducted his business for the most part.

Don’t think there is anything wrong with admiring someone that you feel does things right.

2k friends on PSN though? That's crazy. Lol
Back when PSN communities were a thing I started one and it ended up pretty active and popular. Several thousand members. So I got a like a dozen friend requests per week and I just accepted them all cuz why not. The community still lives on through Discord thanks to one of my moderators, though I’m no longer involved as I don’t want social media shit on my phone.

Anyway, having like 2k friends is interesting to see what people play and what they don’t. Man, people love GTA. Some of em have just played nothing but GTA every day for the past decade. It’s wild. Still, when I played online mp it was always easy to find someone to play with, whether it was Fall Guys or Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur or Crash Team Racing.

But then it’s sad to see some games get no love at all. Like Chorvs. Also I’m apparently the only one who plays AEW Fight Forever. Like, I get it, the game launched kind of janky and overpriced, but it’s a solid wrestling game. I know for a fact there a ton of wrestling fans and AEW fans on my friends list, but literally no one bothered playing it.

If it makes you feel better, I bought Avengers on both Playstation and Xbox for $8 total and will probably never play either one, but my stupid brain won't let me not when I know its being delisted.

Avengers is still $4 on Steam but I think I'm gonna pass. I don't really like having my library cluttered with mediocre games I'll never play.

I passed on Avengers, too. Can't play as Spider-Man in the story mode and I have waaaaaaaaay too many games to play already. I'll put that $4 toward a game I will play and enjoy.

Not only did I buy a physical copy of avengers, I bought it at launch. So it could always be worse. Only saving grace was steelbook and GCU

I didn’t mind Avengers. I just played through the campaign with my son. It’s fine for what it is, just nothing special. I doubt I’ll go back to it.

Stoked to get my portal.  As a dad who always has his kids/wife on the living room TV until later at night, it is gonna be sweet to be able to play PS5 on my couch while the kids watch a show lol

Stoked to get my portal. As a dad who always has his kids/wife on the living room TV until later at night, it is gonna be sweet to be able to play PS5 on my couch while the kids watch a show lol
Definitely going to be a great couch console while the TV is occupied. It's also going to be awesome to watch sports and game at the same time and in bed at night. Going to be playing way more PS5. I also like playing games like sea of stars and some indie games on a handheld so now I can get trophies instead of playing on switch.

If the Portal did more or was cheaper, I might get one. Meanwhile, the G Cloud streams PS5 great and just got an update for video out over USB-C. Looking forward to testing it out.

I’m not in the industry but I definitely admire Iwata for the way he carried himself and conducted his business for the most part.

Don’t think there is anything wrong with admiring someone that you feel does things right.
Yeah, I admire Iwata, but I don't worship anyone. Iwata started as a programmer and made or helped make some of the best NES titles. He understood games better than most on the business side because he enjoyed making them and it seemed like he never lost that childlike wonder of creating things peopled loved.

Yeah, I admire Iwata, but I don't worship anyone. Iwata started as a programmer and made or helped make some of the best NES titles.
That's understandable, but I've seen people say this just to say it. I don't think they really know what games he programmed for the NES. He was a programmer on Pinball, Golf, Balloon Fight, Mach Rider and NES open golf. Also some Japan only racers like F-1 race, & Famicom grand prix. I don't think anyone would seriously call those some of the best NES games. His first game he was appointed to produce was Kirby's Adventure which is unanimously a top 20 NES game. His producing credits in the SNES era are where the heavy hitters on his resume start. Your sentiment and admiration come from a good place though. I respect that.

I’ve got almost 2k people on my PS friends list and I was still apparently the only one I saw to have ever played this game, which is a legit travesty. Definitely deserves more recognition.
I think something is up with how it records who plays Chorvs. My brother owns it and is the one who told me about it… yet I’m the only one on my friends list who plays it.

That's understandable, but I've seen people say this just to say it
I respect him just because of his work in the early days of the Pokemon series and his general success with Nintendo. Though the 3DS had a rocky start, I think it's safe to say that 3 of the 4 Nintendo systems launched under his tenure were massive successes.

I'm going to be out of town for two weeks dog-sitting for a friend and I wish the PS5 was smaller. I'd love to bring it with me but it's the anti-portable and I'm not driving so I don't have unlimited trunk space. I might bring the G Cloud and try to remote play from my console since I did get it up and running.

That's understandable, but I've seen people say this just to say it. I don't think they really know what games he programmed for the NES. He was a programmer on Pinball, Golf, Balloon Fight, Mach Rider and NES open golf. Also some Japan only racers like F-1 race, & Famicom grand prix. I don't think anyone would seriously call those some of the best NES games. His first game he was appointed to produce was Kirby's Adventure which is unanimously a top 20 NES game. His producing credits in the SNES era are where the heavy hitters on his resume start. Your sentiment and admiration come from a good place though. I respect that.
Spoiler tags so to minimize thread hijacking:

That's fair, he didn't directly, solely make many beloved games, I think I just have a soft spot for HAL Labs games, especially Lolo and Air Fortress. Even the ones that aren't memorable have a certain playable, charming quality about them compared to a lot of the shitty games that got put out which were never good to begin with. If you really want to go down the rabbit hole, read up on Metal Slader Glory if you aren't familiar. Such an odd piece of gaming history.

His time at HAL in the 90s also had him overseeing most of the Kirby games and working closely with Sakurai. Smash Bros might not exist if the two of the hadn't been playing around with demos. It's rare for a corporate CEO to be so involved in the creation of household names / system sellers / etc. and I think he and Reggie played well off of each other. The fact that the current JP president has no name recognition and Doug Bowser has no personality / presence in the industry after Reggie says more about Iwata and Reggie's love of gaming than it does of the current people in charge.

I respect him just because of his work in the early days of the Pokemon series and his general success with Nintendo. Though the 3DS had a rocky start, I think it's safe to say that 3 of the 4 Nintendo systems launched under his tenure were massive successes.
Agreed. He really helped usher in the gaming-is-for-everyone mentality that the DS spearheaded. In the book that came out ~2 years ago, he's on record talking about how much he valued maintaining relationships with his employees and making them feel valued and heard. I've worked in enough places where the managers don't care what anyone thinks and it's usually to the detriment of morale and usually the entire organization.

Anyway, umm... #kratos

I think he and Reggie played well off of each other. The fact that the current JP president has no name recognition and Doug Bowser has no personality / presence in the industry after Reggie says more about Iwata and Reggie's love of gaming than it does of the current people in charge.
"If it's not fun, why bother?"

Nintendo lost some of its charm when Iwata passed and Reggie stepped down. The Directs lack a lot of personality now.

Aside from Phil Spencer it seems like game company execs really try to stay out of the spotlight now. The days of Kaz Hirai and Reggie gifs are long gone.

Dollar General is taking 10% off of all PlayStation Network, PlayStation Plus, Xbox Game Pass, and Xbox Live gift cards this week until 10/7/23.  $25 dollar PSN and Xbox Live cards are the denominations that are shown in the ad.  In-store only.

And, yes, there are probably better deals to be had somewhere, but there you go.  :roll:

Is horizon forbidden west complete edition getting a physical release? I can’t find anywhere that states jt

What is the best place to buy PSN credit? Costco for the 10% off still?
Costco is $90 for $100 worth of credit. They will be 20% off once it gets closer to Christmas. Best Buy has 15% off if you have their membership. Dollar General will probably have some sort of deal too, but I don't pay attention to that store since I don't have one nearby.

what he has given us, Spiderman, horizon, gow amongst other games got themseleve through a pandemic, a shortage. IMO evem if it was someone else not much would be different
Those were too short term to give an idea of what he's done. Now that he's gone, whatever comes next is what he really gave to Sony. And from where we're looking, it's all live service games. Big yikes.

bread's done
Back