Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
 It would be "599 US Dollars" all over again. :razz:

The PS5 slim digital + disk drive + stand = $560 US Dollars. Not far from the OMFGWTFBBQ price of $599 actually. :whee:

A Pro model PS5 would probably come closer to $800. Sony is the Apple of the console industry. They can charge whatever they want and the sheep will buy it.

The PS5 slim digital + disk drive + stand = $560 US Dollars. Not far from the OMFGWTFBBQ price of $599 actually. :whee:

A Pro model PS5 would probably come closer to $800. Sony is the Apple of the console industry. They can charge whatever they want and the sheep will buy it.
It helps when they live rent free in your head.

$599 in 2006 dollars is more like $912 today.

They Studios can charge whatever they want and the sheep Microsoft will buy it them.
FTFY

bobby-kotick-money-bags.jpg
bobby-kotick-money-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
$599 in 2006 dollars is more like $912 today.
Just goes to show you how egregious $599 was back in the day but even a $912 console wouldn't sell in today's economy. That's like saying you could buy a house for $100k back in 2006, that same house probably sells for a cool 1 million now. Doesn't mean that people's salaries increased 1000% since 2006.

In fact even during the great depression people were still able to buy a house. Buying a house in today's economy isn't even a possibility any more. Let that sink in.

One of the main benefits of the PS3 is that if you were going to invest in a blu ray player, it kind of made sense to just pick up a PS3.

Just goes to show you how egregious $599 was back in the day but even a $912 console wouldn't sell in today's economy. That's like saying you could buy a house for $100k back in 2006, that same house probably sells for a cool 1 million now. Doesn't mean that people's salaries increased 1000% since 2006.

In fact even during the great depression people were still able to buy a house. Buying a house in today's economy isn't even a possibility any more. Let that sink in.

One of the main benefits of the PS3 is that if you were going to invest in a blu ray player, it kind of made sense to just pick up a PS3.
My memory about that era is quite rusty but I think also food prices skyrocketed during the depression possibly due to shortages around the time to make it worse.

My memory about that era is quite rusty but I think also food prices skyrocketed during the depression possibly due to shortages around the time to make it worse.
I don't know mate. The US economy has always been strong. It's not like when the Russian Ruble fell during the collapse of the USSR and you needed a wagon full of cash just to buy a loaf of bread. It was nothing like that. Things were still affordable. One year's salary could almost pay for half the cost of a house.

A new house had a price tag of $3,900, which sounds attainable given that the average income was $1,731 per year. A new set of wheels would set you back $860, a movie ticket was just 25c, gas was 10c per gallon and a postage stamp was 3c.

djk4r1l8ju281.jpg

Dell delayed my order of Spider-Man 2 to November 6th. I don’t love that. I can deal with not having it on release, but I’m now worried about the possibility of a cancellation

Probably reward points.
No probably about it. The effort required to earn Dell funny money is laughably low, to the point where I don't mind the prices. However, it's been a huge pain to complete any order lately. I placed an order on 10/4 that didn't progress at all and on 10/9 I called them and they cancelled the order to free up the funds. I placed the order again, and this time the order didn't even progress to a point where I could even see it on their website. I'm going to start learning all the names of the people in the call center before too long...

I bought my OG PS3 from Dell. $600 system for $430; 160GB Uncharted bundle.

Good times.

Given that high end graphics cards are north of $700 these days, there's a market for a PS5 Pro, but a small one. It just needs to play all the current games at 60fps (or higher) locked and it'll sell.

“Vitamin D Milk”
As opposed to all the other kinds of milk you could buy in 1938?
Vitamin D is one of THE most important vitamins. It can prevent a slew of diseases including Covid. Milk does not naturally contain Vitamin D. It began being added to Milk in the 1930s. In some countries such as Canada and Sweden it is mandated by Law, in the US it is not. Calcium and Vitamin D have synergistic properties.

GI-Joe-meme-insert.jpg

Whatever you believe is up to you but Vitamin D boosts the immune system and 80% of people are Vitamin D deficient.

The NIH? The same NIH run by Anthony Fauci? The same Fauci that said lockdowns and masks would prevent the spread of Covid and ended up destroying lives and stunting childrens developments? Wait until people find out that HIV and Covid were actually manufactured in a lab run by Fauci. The largest criminal fine ever paid in human history was by Pfizer. The pharmaceutical company is the largest industry in the world, they are not your friend. They are there to keep drip feeding you like a bad case of microtransactions. The government banned Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine which were readily and cheaply available and cost millions of people their lives.

I suggest reading Robert F. Kennedy's book or watch the documentary on The Real Anthony Fauci. Fauci ran the same script he did with Covid as he did with Aids where the cure killed more people than the disease itself. Oh and Bill Gates ain't your friend either. He upgrade from creating computer viruses to human viruses.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/g0X8oIkCTm0o/

Sounds like a government conspiracy. I only drink malk that has vitamin r.
i dont understand why my bones are so brittle...

Whatever you believe is up to you but Vitamin D boosts the immune system and 80% of people are Vitamin D deficient.

The NIH? The same NIH run by Anthony Fauci? ***SNIP***
GTFO with that shit. It says PlayStation deals at the top of this thing.

Staying inside, and away from friends, family, responsibilities, people in general, and playing your PlayStation is a surefire way to not get COVID. 

I guarantee it!

What's the timeline for the remainder of the sales for the year?   Seems like we haven't had a big needle mover in a while.

Banner of the Maid is at a historic low and is pretty rad, for the record.

Vitamin D is one of THE most important vitamins. It can prevent a slew of diseases including Covid. Milk does not naturally contain Vitamin D. It began being added to Milk in the 1930s. In some countries such as Canada and Sweden it is mandated by Law, in the US it is not. Calcium and Vitamin D have synergistic properties.

GI-Joe-meme-insert.jpg
MILK IS FORTIFIED WITH VITAMIN D!? What else in my life is a lie!?

A peanut is neither a pea nor a nut.

Flouride was added to water supplies just to prevent tooth decay.

The prefix in- means not, or no in 99.9999999999% of all cases except for the most important, when something is inflammable or easily set on fire.

MILK IS FORTIFIED WITH VITAMIN D!? What else in my life is a lie!?

It says PlayStation deals at the top of this thing.
What's the timeline for the remainder of the sales for the year?

I'm now immensely looking forward to those Atari Recharged games going on sale. I got four of them for $4 each and I forgot how much fun a simple arcade experience can be. Sony, let me buy all of them cheap.

Hey! There's more of them on sale today! I had no idea.

I now have them all purchased!  

I'd like to thank all of you that argued about the Vitamin D.  It got CheapyD to comment and then I wanted to post something on topic and I ended up checking the store.

Great deals if you like WRC games last night picked up a bunch for 80 to 90% off. Now if I can just figure out how to get two wheels to work at the same time in some of these games like GT7.  F1 and Dirt 5 suck.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/fc08491d-94a7-4252-96dd-9d4f54b56041/1

Weekend Sale for PS+ members. Ends 10/17 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT.

The other sales:

The Crew Motorfest Deal of the Week (ends 10/19 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/323d87d7-ecb9-4dce-9e66-7bae38a89d9b/1

Fall Savings Sale (ends 10/26 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/c13f9671-de14-43a2-9e3d-b846ae0ef52c/1

Games Under $15 Sale (ends 10/26 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/5931f998-d583-4643-85e0-e890480fcff9/1

Apparently I have to buy PS+ for the first time in like 7 years. Are there any deals out there or am I stuck paying msrp like a sucker?
Since they recently raised the price of all of the PlayStation Plus tiers, the best that you can do is to wait for sales on PlayStation Network gift cards and then buy a Plus membership through the PlayStation digital store. I renewed my Plus Essential for another year right before the price increase kicked in. Dollar General and Kroger have discounts on PSN cards every now and again, but I don't know of any sales on PSN cards that are happening at the moment. Good luck, though.

Dells site is showing delivery as soon as October 17th for Spider-Man 2. Don't know if that's just an error. Thinking about redeeming some points for it.

Dells site is showing delivery as soon as October 17th for Spider-Man 2. Don't know if that's just an error. Thinking about redeeming some points for it.
I ordered on Oct 10. The next day I got an email that my order had been delayed with an expected delivery of Nov 6.

This sounds more like the Dell I know. If they cancel it on you and then do not want to refund your money then that would be exactly like the Dell I know.
While the date of Nov 6 was a little concerning, the game doesn’t even release till the end of next week. I’m cautiously optimistic that it ships. This year I’ve bought at least 6 physical items from them and had no troubles (✊ on 🪵). In the past when they had digital MS gift cards I would immediately use up my Dell rewards from Alienware on a card and never had issues. I know I’ve seen posts from others about canceled orders, but I think most were for digital games.

While the date of Nov 6 was a little concerning, the game doesn’t even release till the end of next week. I’m cautiously optimistic that it ships. This year I’ve bought at least 6 physical items from them and had no troubles (✊ on ). In the past when they had digital MS gift cards I would immediately use up my Dell rewards from Alienware on a card and never had issues. I know I’ve seen posts from others about canceled orders, but I think most were for digital games.
I finally closed my Dell and Alienware account because of the canceled orders/talking to customer service/calling/being told wait 24 hours and it will not get canceled/doing so/order still gets canceled.

bread's done
Back