Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Michael Jordan couldn’t get me to eat Wheaties so Spider-Man sure as hell isn’t either. :)

(Yes, I know it’s for collectors.)

There's this for $45 or $70

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1715010077311246693
giphy.gif

No, the Wheaties box comes with a code for an exclusive PS Stars collectible according to the article.
My bad. Thought you meant the usual "Play this new game and get this collectible".

Wonder if this promo is basically replacing that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a box of Mario cereal on my shelf I got for like $3 at the grocery store.

Why would I pay $45 for Spiderman Wheaties? Does it have marshmallow webbing?

Got up at 6am to play Spider-Man 2 before the few work meetings I have today.

It's got a lot of exposition in the beginning, but that's okay because it's so damn good, it doesn't matter.

That sequence sneaking around the high school was way too long, though.

I got a box of Mario cereal on my shelf I got for like $3 at the grocery store.

Why would I pay $45 for Spiderman Wheaties? Does it have marshmallow webbing?
Me, too! I ate the cereal since I just wanted to display the box and didn't want to look into how cereal box collectors preserve the food inside (I didn't care, I just wanted the box). It was quite bad lol

Just received Spider-Man 2 from Wal-Mart, along with Mario Wonder (didn't get that Elephant Mario card or even Daisy, boo). Still can't decide which one to play first this evening and that's a really good problem to have.

That bundle is a great deal.  

GT7 is an amazing VR game and Horizon was enjoyable when I played around with it on release.  (Haven't played much VR in the last few months... too nice outside to sit in and play games.)  

That bundle was an amazing deal. I hope some from here were able to get in on it.

A less good deal, but still technically a deal: Dell has a $50 gift card with purchase of the Dualsense Edge. Since some of you have rewards to burn it felt worth mentioning.

Spider-Man 2 has surpassed my expectations so far. I'm enjoying it a lot more than Ragnarok. Best Sony first party game this gen imo.

Spider-man 2 is everything from the past two games and more added into a slick game. The beginning starts fast and is a lot of fun that continues early on. I’m doing stupid tasks for teens at Brooklyn Vision academy and I’m having fun.

Just a heads-up that there actually is a "Play Spider-Man 2" PS Stars reward and it ends in 4ish days.
As for what the collectible is, I'll let you find out for yourselves. :bouncy:

Lol my Spider-Man 2 pre-order on Amazon got so messed up. For some reason it said it was shipping December 18th or something. I cancelled, but I actually didn't order again, mainly cause a bit too many games, and I have a few coming end of month. First time Amazon really screwed up on a  pre-order for a game for me shipping wise at least.

Lol my Spider-Man 2 pre-order on Amazon got so messed up. For some reason it said it was shipping December 18th or something. I cancelled, but I actually didn't order again, mainly cause a bit too many games, and I have a few coming end of month. First time Amazon really screwed up on a pre-order for a game for me shipping wise at least.
It’s the circle of life with retailers. Gamers were fringe retailers and then we had our heyday for a couple years with gamers club, Amazon trade ins, preorders and releases and now we’re back to second class citizens by most if not all retailers.

Spider-man 2 is everything from the past two games and more added into a slick game. The beginning starts fast and is a lot of fun that continues early on. I’m doing stupid tasks for teens at Brooklyn Vision academy and I’m having fun.
Yeah, I find myself getting distracted quite easily while swinging to an intended designation. I really enjoy the side missions, like crime stopping and taking pictures. I'm early on in the game but keep finding myself getting side tracked even though I'm anxious to move the story along. And I don't mind because it is all done so well.

As a side note, I did pick up the Collector's Edition and the included statue is freaking huge (had to adjust the shelves in my display cabinet to fit it). It has a ton of detail and really looks great, but it towers over the statue from the first Spider-man Collector's Edition. A bit pricey (bad CAG, bad!), and I wish it included the disk, but being digital I can just load it up without swapping discs so that's nice. I'll pick up the disc version to put in the steelbook eventually, maybe if they have a "complete edition" down the road with potential DLC. The DLC in the first game was really awesome, so I hope they have some planned for the game.

Game of the Year for me, no doubt. I also got Super Mario Wonder for both my sons and that is really fantastic as well, but I'm a HUGE Spider-man fan so this is my jam.

Spider-Man 2 came in the mail this morning. 37 GB patch to download
Yeah, and even with that patch, there's a lot of bugs. I've had at least 2 incidents where the game either didn't load all the enemies or I somehow flung one out of bounds, because it'll just hang there waiting for me to defeat everyone before moving on and there's legit no one there to fight. Have also gotten stuck on some textures and seen a handful of visual glitches.

Aside from the bugs and a few design/gameplay choices I don't like, the game is a freaking blast. It is such a beautiful game, like I'll just perch on a building and stare out at the city skyline. I was born and raised in the Hudson Valley and my father at one point worked in the city, so I'm not very intimately familiar with it, but I did visit many times, so I love finding places I recognize and I adore all the jokes about NYers. I love over the top caricatures of NY lol

I love the story so far, even if I feel there's a few too many characters to really develop everyone, and I'm constantly torn between rushing to the next story mission and just wandering around to stop crimes and do side stuff. I love the Brooklyn Visions and EMF sidequests the most. The city just feels so alive, like it did in the previous games, and everyone is just so likeable.

I'd give it a 9/10 so far. Maybe my game of the year over Tears of the Kingdom, but I can't make the decision until I've played Mario Wonder, which I'll get to when I'm done with Spider-Man. Oh and I'm totally getting the Switch port of Dave the Diver and I could potentially love that game lol

Yeah, and even with that patch, there's a lot of bugs. I've had at least 2 incidents where the game either didn't load all the enemies or I somehow flung one out of bounds, because it'll just hang there waiting for me to defeat everyone before moving on and there's legit no one there to fight. Have also gotten stuck on some textures and seen a handful of visual glitches.

Aside from the bugs and a few design/gameplay choices I don't like, the game is a freaking blast. It is such a beautiful game, like I'll just perch on a building and stare out at the city skyline. I was born and raised in the Hudson Valley and my father at one point worked in the city, so I'm not very intimately familiar with it, but I did visit many times, so I love finding places I recognize and I adore all the jokes about NYers. I love over the top caricatures of NY lol

I love the story so far, even if I feel there's a few too many characters to really develop everyone, and I'm constantly torn between rushing to the next story mission and just wandering around to stop crimes and do side stuff. I love the Brooklyn Visions and EMF sidequests the most. The city just feels so alive, like it did in the previous games, and everyone is just so likeable.

I'd give it a 9/10 so far. Maybe my game of the year over Tears of the Kingdom, but I can't make the decision until I've played Mario Wonder, which I'll get to when I'm done with Spider-Man. Oh and I'm totally getting the Switch port of Dave the Diver and I could potentially love that game lol
I had a glitch where I walked into a doorway, but then the door appeared and I couldn't exit the little alcove. I had to reload from the last checkpoint. The game is a total blast but it feels almost overwhelming at first. I'm not too far in, but the amount of things I can upgrade or unlock is jarring. I assume there's enough resources to get them all eventually, but it's decision paralysis for me.

I’ve only hit one minor bug in Spiderman 2 where my character kind of got stuck and floated up. Only lasted a couple seconds and then fixed itself. Probably put at least 6-8 hours in so far. That’s an incredible amount of polish, comparatively speaking, for a launch game in this day and age

I couldn't get the ps4 free version to work so I won't even bother trying for the ps5 ones. If an when I ever get around to getting one.

The dudes who live in fortified bunkers with their walls of systems and cartridges always freak out. I love connected consoles, patches, etc. Man if there was patches for ET back in the day I might have known what the hell was going on.
I don't expect the average person to care but get over yourself if you have an issue with other people caring about all the inevitable e-waste this decision will cause. I don't get why the average consumer would support a change like this; there isn't any benefit for us as it's obviously only being done to prevent jailbreaking/homebrew/piracy on unsold units released with inevitably compromised firmware.

Having the console work out of the box offline doesn't take any the ability for someone to connect it to the internet and get whatever patches they want.

I don't see the big issue with this either tbh
Similar reasons as to why people people freaked out about the Xbox One's always online. Minority of people around the world lack proper internet access plus it puts an expiration date on untouched consoles being functional (and ease of obtaining jailbreakable hardware if you're into that).

Like I said, completely understandable for the average person not to care about it.

sooo your mad because you can't mod easy and get free games?  or " homebrew " new consoles? just get a pc Linux since people hate even windows and mod away.

thier lot things they should do to be more consumer friendly but it the random 1% that share the exploits to the masses and make it very easy to do illegal things beyond just wallpapers and apps and why they crack down make it harder to mod " legit " just homebrew. even those " legit " apps find ways to share free movies among other things so it not a grey market of innocent gamers just having fun.

Imagine buying the digital console and being upset you have to connect to the internet to connect the disk drive.
Imagine buying a disc game thinking you own it only to have to download 98% of it from the internet since the disc is basically the access key for it

For the record, I still buy physical in some cases

I don't expect the average person to care but get over yourself if you have an issue with other people caring about all the inevitable e-waste this decision will cause. I don't get why the average consumer would support a change like this; there isn't any benefit for us as it's obviously only being done to prevent jailbreaking/homebrew/piracy on unsold units released with inevitably compromised firmware.
Having the console work out of the box offline doesn't take any the ability for someone to connect it to the internet and get whatever patches they want.

Similar reasons as to why people people freaked out about the Xbox One's always online. Minority of people around the world lack proper internet access plus it puts an expiration date on untouched consoles being functional (and ease of obtaining jailbreakable hardware if you're into that).
Like I said, completely understandable for the average person not to care about it.
You can't replace the disc drive in either the series x or ps5, both companies jumped the shark a long time ago.

Imagine buying the digital console and being upset you have to connect to the internet to connect the disk drive.
Imagine wanting more potential for future issues and not less.

Imagine buying a disc game thinking you own it only to have to download 98% of it from the internet since the disc is basically the access key for it

For the record, I still buy physical in some cases
Separate issue than the one here but I agree with you more or less on that. Ideally, games wouldn't ship in the busted state that they have been, but alas. I've mostly gone digital this generation too, due to price savings, digital-only games, remote game-sharing and convenience. Discs also have their own preservation issues (rot, if stored improperly).

That said, I don't weirdly begrudge physical-only people.

You can't replace the disc drive in either the series x or ps5, both companies jumped the shark a long time ago.
Agreed, but at least they work out of the box offline.

As far as we can tell, this is absolutely nothing like an "always online" situation, or the Day One patching issue. This is an initial activation process for a new device. Nothing recurring, unusual, or unseemly.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/new-ps5-external-disc-drive-requires-internet-connection-for-pairing

New external disk drive PlayStation 5 requires internet connection when setting up.
So, say your drive fails down the road. Will you be able to buy another drive or a used drive from another console to repair? Or does this pair the drive to only that PS5 for life and only way to repair it would be to send it in to sony. One of the things I loved about the new PS5 design is the ability to replace a faulty disc drive years down the road easily.

bread's done
Back