Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
The slim system I ordered from Dell arrived today.  Set it up and my kid is playing Spiderman 2.  I was on the fence but that discounts and cashback bringing it to $428 made it a no brainer.  

Does the digital version of Persona Dancing Endless night collection come with Persona 4 Dancing all night?

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2611-CUSA12380_00-PDANENDLESSNIGHT

Or was the only way to get it via code with the physical copy?
It says it does. "Test your rhythm gameplay skills with the ultimate Persona Dancing bundle! Includes: Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight, Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight, & Persona 4: Dancing All Night!"

No it ain’t:
*Get $50 Extra Trade Credit when trading in any Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, or PlayStation 5 console: Applies to trade credit only, excludes cash trades. *10% Extra On Trades: applies to trade credit only.
I see that the web site promo banner graphic for this offer changed to match the one from the e-mail. The note still mentions PS4, Xbox One, and Switch. Web site may have outdated info from a previous promo?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a digital code for the COD MW3 game and lockpick operator pack. Am going to put it on the trade forum unless someone here wants it. I think $50 is a fair price for it.  Will help me offset the upgrade.

I see that the web site promo banner graphic for this offer changed to match the one from the e-mail. The note still mentions PS4, Xbox One, and Switch. Web site may have outdated info from a previous promo?
With gamestop who knows?
Call and ask or take it in and see your fortune unfold at the pos system.

So, I have an original PS5 disc Spidey bundle coming tomorrow (for my son's birthday to take to college)

Is there a good reason that I would want to chase down and get the PS5 slim bundle instead?

(Other than it's smaller and the stock SSD is a little bigger...I'd add an extra SSD anyway)

I mean his birthday is the day after tomorrow and I'd have to find a BestBuy that has in stock and return the one that's coming whenever it arrives.

So, I have an original PS5 disc Spidey bundle coming tomorrow (for my son's birthday to take to college)
Is there a good reason that I would want to chase down and get the PS5 slim bundle instead?
(Other than it's smaller and the stock SSD is a little bigger...I'd add an extra SSD anyway)

I mean his birthday is the day after tomorrow and I'd have to find a BestBuy that has in stock and return the one that's coming whenever it arrives.
The only thing I can think of is the smaller form factor being nice for a small dorm room, but other than that and the extra storage space, there's no real reason to. The OG PS5 is a great console.

It's the same price correct? The Slim is a better deal. More memory, smaller and maybe newish parts. It doesn't come with a stand though. The top half has a glossy finish which he may or may not like so it's not all matte or whatever the OG PS5 is. He could also technically sell the disc drive to someone with a digital only slim I believe if he needed some cash and wanted to go all digital.

It's the same price correct? The Slim is a better deal. More memory, smaller and maybe newish parts. It doesn't come with a stand though. The top half has a glossy finish which he may or may not like so it's not all matte or whatever the OG PS5 is. He could also technically sell the disc drive to someone with a digital only slim I believe if he needed some cash and wanted to go all digital.
It is literally the same shit in a smaller package sans the extra 150gb of memory. Do what I did and buy a 4TB NVME. Teardowns have shown zero reason to upgrade out of necessity.

If you don't already have a PS5, then yea get the slim unless you prefer the older look.

It is literally the same shit in a smaller package sans the extra 150gb of memory. Do what I did and buy a 4TB NVME. Teardowns have shown zero reason to upgrade out of necessity.

If you don't already have a PS5, then yea get the slim unless you prefer the older look.
Oh I 100% agree that it's not an essential upgrade if you already have one. If the Gamestop deal wasn't happening, I wouldn't even consider it. The guy was asking if he should just swap it for the newer slim and my advice was a yes. His son doesn't have one yet so I think he should get the updated model.

Yeah when the slim was announced I had zero interest, but trading the OG for $407 and getting the slim for $500 with MW3 (which I already sold for $50, essentially making the console $450) was a no brainier. So basically $43 for a new controller, new warranty, smaller console, slightly more storage, and probably about $10 in Gamestop rewards points.

I feel we haven’t seen the best PS5 deals of the season. At least one retailer is going to be throwing in a store gift card or digital game with the $500 bundle.

Yeah when the slim was announced I had zero interest, but trading the OG for $407 and getting the slim for $500 with MW3 (which I already sold for $50, essentially making the console $450) was a no brainier. So basically $43 for a new controller, new warranty, smaller console, slightly more storage, and probably about $10 in Gamestop rewards points.
If I can sell MW3 for $40-50, I may take my launch PS5 in tomorrow to trade. The deal is getting more and more tempting.

I feel we haven’t seen the best PS5 deals of the season. At least one retailer is going to be throwing in a store gift card or digital game with the $500 bundle.
It's possible, but Playstation direct shows these bundles (spiderman/COD) as part of their black Friday sale ending 11/27. Depending on how aggressive retailers want to get something else could be thrown in, but didn't want to risk potentially losing the trade in deal at gamestop.

Really considering doing this but would keep mw3 so I’d be out $90ish

I found another difference with the slim PS5; the front now is 2 USB-C ports. Launch PS5 has 1 of each. I don't like that change but there you go.

I finally bit the bullet on the PS5 because I don't need Sony telling me when I can and can't use my disc drive. I could care less about the look of either version (though I really considered paying $150 over MSRP for the Spider-Man version PS5). I know my way around a PC and can handle the internal storage upgrade, the extra 150 GB is not worth the internet connection requirement for the drive.

Thanks everyone for the input on the PS5 choice.

I'll just stick with the original.  Maybe my son will need a regular rectangle USB port at some point.

(I use my PS5 to charge non USB-C things)

Plus, hey, no one should have to online register their drive.

He can buy his own super SSD.  Plus I think that I'll break the PS5 by taking off the plates.  He had to do it for me.

PSA - today is the last day to save $5 on the purchase of two $25 PSN gift cards in-store at Dollar General.  I picked up two myself this morning.

I saw that the Star Ocean PS4 games are on sale for the lowest that they've ever been, so I figured that I better hop on the gift card deal.

So, Gamestop is still the best deal if you include a PS5 trade in right? 

I'm kid of tempted to do the trade in for the Spiderman just to upgrade my launch PS5. 

So, Gamestop is still the best deal if you include a PS5 trade in right?

I'm kid of tempted to do the trade in for the Spiderman just to upgrade my launch PS5.
I just did a reset on my system, headed in to do the same thing. I don't think I'll pick up the Spider-man console immediately, though, just in case they do have a BF deal.

I just did a reset on my system, headed in to do the same thing. I don't think I'll pick up the Spider-man console immediately, though, just in case they do have a BF deal.
Someone said you have to trade towards a PS5 to get the $50 bonus.

Looks like this trade offer hit Slick Deals, so if you’re looking to do it, stock may start to dry up.

Looks like this trade offer hit Slick Deals, so if you’re looking to do it, stock may start to dry up.
No way is Sony going to allow stock to dry up for Black Friday. But agreed you should trade in now. Just ask how much to trade in the console alone- without also buying a new ps5 console.

I went to GameStop to see if I could find anything of note; that failed.

The new shiny controllers are a disappointment. The good news is that they are matte enough to hide finger prints.  The bad news is that the shiny bit is just the front cover.  The back is a matte color equivalent that really doesn't work for me.

I passed on getting one, even though I could get it for $45.

No purchase needed, I just did the trade. And I renewed my Pro, begrudgingly, mostly to have pro during Black Friday in case there ends up being any benefit to that. The store I went to finally got Meta Quest gift cards ($15 minimum), so I got to use my monthly on one of those for the first and last time, since this is the last month you can use it on digital credit.

Edit: BTW, since I traded my PS5, y'all can thank me when the trade value goes up tomorrow ;)

No purchase needed, I just did the trade. And I renewed my Pro, begrudgingly, mostly to have pro during Black Friday in case there ends up being any benefit to that. The store I went to finally got Meta Quest gift cards ($15 minimum), so I got to use my monthly on one of those for the first and last time, since this is the last month you can use it on digital credit.

Edit: BTW, since I traded my PS5, y'all can thank me when the trade value goes up tomorrow ;)
Pro gives you 10% bump on the console trade so it's good you renewed if it had lapsed

Pro gives you 10% bump on the console trade so it's good you renewed if it had lapsed
Thanks, I know. It hadn't lapsed, but it was about to in 2 days. I have 172K points to use up before 12/1, and I've been getting nervous about it, but I just now came to the realization that "using" them just means redeeming for the coupons, so I'd still have a few months left before the coupons expire, I think.

Thanks, I know. It hadn't lapsed, but it was about to in 2 days. I have 172K points to use up before 12/1, and I've been getting nervous about it, but I just now came to the realization that "using" them just means redeeming for the coupons, so I'd still have a few months left before the coupons expire, I think.
Yes, I redeemed points for an online certificate a couple of days ago and it lists a 1/31/24 expiration.

You don't, my PS5 trade showed $407 before they scanned the new console.
Wait, So you do NOT have to trade in for the new console? Last time they had this +$50 deal I basically had to buy the new console then.

Not that it matters to anyone, but I had a Xbox Series S, that I traded in for the bonus $50 and basically had to buy another PS5 right then. Was trying to trade towards the special edition spider man console but it wasn't out yet. So, right now I have my launch PS5 and a new in the box PS5.

I like that I do have the option of selling the disc drive in the future if I ever need quick cash or decide to go all digital which I can't see ever happening but it's nice to know the option is there.

I'm definitely extending my PS+, but I think I'll stick to the Essential tier this time. I feel like I end up playing more games, when I don't have such a huge library to have to pick from. I have the same issue with Game Pass. It's like a choice paralysis.

I'm hoping for BG3 to be in this sale, maybe FF16 as well.

Interested in AC Mirage, but with the way Ubisoft games drop in price over time, I think I can wait.

Does the digital version of Persona Dancing Endless night collection come with Persona 4 Dancing all night?
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2611-CUSA12380_00-PDANENDLESSNIGHT
Or was the only way to get it via code with the physical copy?
It should as I have the ps4 version. I wish I had bought the vita versions back when since I heard they have touch screen support. 4 is supposedly the only one worth playing. 3 is stingy with songs and content and 5 mirrors it. But having played 3 it vomits notes in multiple directions plus the scratch thing so I would not recommend it unless you really live rhythm games on ps4.

Finished and Platinumed Spider-Man 2. The boss battle has improved from the first game.

I would also suggest to complete the slack line trophy before you complete all the side quest and get near the end game if you are going to platinum it. I could not find a way to complete it and had to make a different save after the end game.

Finished and Platinumed Spider-Man 2. The boss battle has improved from the first game.

I would also suggest to complete the slack line trophy before you complete all the side quest and get near the end game if you are going to platinum it. I could not find a way to complete it and had to make a different save after the end game.
I got the achievement well ahead of time, but if someone needs it after finishing main and side content, you can always sneak up on any non car chase crimes and knock it out that way

I'm this close to trading in the PS5 for this deal and copping the credit for a future deal on XSX for my brother-in-law. The only thing holding me back is uncertainty around being able to play FFXVI at some point on Xbox but maybe it's time to say fuck it.

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/11/13/playstations-black-friday-deals-2023/

PlayStation Plus

During PlayStation’s Black Friday promotion from November 17 – 27, players who join PlayStation Plus can save up to 30% on 12-month membership plans. Current PlayStation Plus members can save 25% when upgrading a current plan to PlayStation Plus Extra, or save 30% when upgrading to PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe.

With PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium/Deluxe, you can discover hundreds of PS4 and PS5 titles through the Game Catalog* and Classics Catalog*, including acclaimed games like Horizon Forbidden West, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Sea of Stars, and many more. With the recently launched Sony Pictures Core app, PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe members also have access to the Sony Pictures Catalog** with over 100 movies to stream on demand.

PlayStation Store

Big discounts are also headed to PlayStation Store for Black Friday. Starting November 17 – 27, grab deals on PS5 and PS4 games, including hit titles like EA Sports FC 24, NBA 2K24, Assassin’s Creed Mirage, and much more. Make sure to head over to PlayStation Store when the sale begins to view the full selection and find out your local deals.

bread's done
Back