Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Wow. I was able to complete a purchase on the 349 PS5. We'll see if they actually pick one for in-store pickup or not.
I was able to apply the discount and could have bought it but ultimately decided against it. I would have just kept it as a sealed backup for jailbreaking down the line but I pretty much own all the PS4/5 games I care to play through various sales and figured someone else may get more joy from it now. Also, this is the old model IIRC and not the newer slim model.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to apply the discount and could have bought it but ultimately decided against it. I would have just kept it as a sealed backup for jailbreaking down the line but I pretty much own all the PS4/5 games I care to play through various sales and figured someone else may get more joy from it now. Also, this is the old model IIRC and not the newer slim model.
It is the older model. My nephews won't care. Their mom has been in and out of the hospital all year and this is gonna blow their socks off for Christmas.

Biggest advantage of the slim is the ability to sell part of your console in hard times.
"I've wined and dined with kings and queens, I've sold my disc drive for financial means."

dusty-rhodes-hard-times.gif

Geez. Went to renew my PS+ like I do every year during the BF sale. Good lord that's a lot of money! I know in the big picture, it's a great deal, considering its a little over two full price games, but seeing triple digits for the price makes me take a hard pause.
This is what happens when Sony only increased the prices for the Year for each tier while leaving the 1 Month / 3 Months prices for each tier the same and Many already canceled their PS+ memberships renewals since the price increase. Sony wants to push members towards paying the monthly plans for their goal to get in on the "Game Pass" $$$$$, IMO.

PlayStation not offering Black Friday PS+ discount to existing subscribers, for first time ever (right after 33% price increase)

"I've always renewed my PS+ every Black Friday for the past decade, as Sony always offers a good discount to new AND existing subscribers. Not this year."

"Despite some misleading articles, the only way to get the discount as an existing subscriber is to upgrade your membership to a higher tier."
"Very scummy of Sony to do this right after a massive price hike."

Last edited:
My PlayStation essentials expires in a few days as I also renewed during Black Friday sales each year.

Going dark for the first time since back during the ps3 days.

My PlayStation essentials expires in a few days as I also renewed during Black Friday sales each year.

Yup when I saw that renewal rate…… no freaking thanks. I feel Xbox has it at a sweet spot. They also offer a lot more games worth the value. The ONLY way Sony could justify this cost is if they add Sony first party releases day one, like Xbox does. Otherwise I’ll be playing online only on Xbox I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mine expires in December. I just traded my PS5 to GameStop during the +$50 trade promo, and I was planning to buy a slim Spider-man 2 bundle, but given that my plus is about to expire and the Pro is probably coming next year, I will go dark as well, and wait until the pro comes out.

just checked out sony pictures core for the first time, it is literally bravia core reskinned and none of my bravia core purchases carry over. i guess they learned from bravia core that no one would pay their fees so they gave it away to plus subscribers.

Games Leaving PS Plus Extra/Premium December 19
  • Caladrius Blaze
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo HD Edition
  • El Hijo: A Wild West Tale
  • Foreclosed
  • Friday the 13th: The Game
  • Legends of Ethernal
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  • The Escapists 2
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon
I loved Like a Dragon, but depending on how much game time you get, it might be tough to play through it before it goes away. On the plus side, Yakuza games go on sale quite often, so you can probably get it for cheap in the future.

PowerWash Simulator was my game of the year last year, though the PC version controls better with a mouse and keyboard than the console versions do with a controller and gyro support. Well worth trying and checking out the Tomb Raider and FF7 DLC.

PowerWash Simulator was my game of the year last year, though the PC version controls better with a mouse and keyboard than the console versions do with a controller and gyro support. Well worth trying and checking out the Tomb Raider and FF7 DLC.
I saw PowerWash Simulator and immediately thought of Frisky. I'll probably give it a try. Lego Drive looked good when it came out, but I was put off by the microtransaction stuff, so free sounds much better.

Just finished playing Alan Wake again to prep for Alan Wake 2, Playing the AWE expansion on Control now. Might jump on Xbox to play the American Nightmare game too. Hopefully by the time I'm done with everything Alan Wake 2 goes on sale. Got 10% off some PSN credit (and 5% back with Amazon card), but hoping for a bigger discount.

Cool. I have to re-ignore people since that didn't carry over.

At least ignoring is much easier than before and doesn't show them posting at all anymore which is nice.

Oops. It seems PS was only going to charge me $135 for Premium next month but I already hit "Cancel Plan Change" thinking that's what I needed to do to downgrade to Extra. 🫠

Grabbed cross code and it's DLC as well as chained echoes. Excited to play some RPGs on the portal.
I played Chained Echoes streaming from my Xbox on an Android streamer via Game Pass (before I got the G Cloud) and it's a perfect fit for handheld. Having the option to play remotely or on the big screen basically turns the PS5 (or Xbox, as it were) into a Switch-like experience and I'm here for it. Especially for menu based games that don't aren't cinematic 4k powerhouses.

I loved Chained Echoes so much, I might buy it while it's on sale to have it on Playstation for a replay in the near future and to support the developer. I'm not a diehard trophy / achievement hunter, but I 100%'d this one and actually love the idea of doing it again on Playstation.

The battle system takes awhile to be interesting, it feels a little too basic early on, but it's got strong FFX vibes and a lot of customization with both equipment and earned abilities. Characters also have unique attributes and skills which makes party formation important.

It's so damn good.

The battle system takes awhile to be interesting, it feels a little too basic early on, but it's got strong FFX vibes and a lot of customization with both equipment and earned abilities. Characters also have unique attributes and skills which makes party formation important.

It's so damn good.
Ok, I went from interested in this game to very interested. FFX is one of my favorite games of all time, so any other game that can be compared to it must be good. I may wait on a Switch sale to get it though, since I probably won't be getting a Portal any time soon and would like to play it handheld.

PS Plus Season of Play starts tomorrow:

Starting from tomorrow through January 5, 2024, we’re celebrating the holiday season with a month full of activities for our PlayStation community. As part of the PlayStation Plus Season of Play, PlayStation Plus members can redeem free avatars for PS5 and PS4 consoles, join eSports tournaments, earn points on PlayStation Stars, save on PlayStation Gear merchandise, and enter a competition for your chance to win amazing prizes. Activities for those who are not PlayStation Plus members are available as well.

New PS5 and PS4 Avatars

(No PlayStation Plus membership required)

December 5, 2023 – January 5, 2024

Players can redeem a voucher code for new PS5 and PS4 avatars that commemorate some of the popular titles offered through PlayStation Plus, including games like Ghost of Tsushima, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege (available on Ubisoft+ Classics), Final Fantasy VII Remake, and more. Visit the PlayStation Plus website or check the PlayStation Season of Play page on your PS5/PS4 console for the voucher code, which can be redeemed from December 5, 2023 – January 5, 2024.

PlayStation Gear Discount

Players can keep the celebration going between December 5, 2023 – January 5, 2024, with a 15% discount on official PlayStation Gear using promo code SEASONOFPLAY15. Visit gear.playstation.com for more details and terms.

Enter to Win a PS5 Console & 12 Months of PlayStation Plus Premium / Deluxe

December 19, 2023 – January 5, 2024

Join the Season of Play celebration for the opportunity to win a PS5 console and 12 months of PlayStation Plus Premium / Deluxe for access to hundreds of game titles through the Game Catalog and Classics Catalog. This campaign will be available December 19, 2023 – January 5, 2024 – to participate, head over to the PlayStation Plus website and answer a total of five questions about the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog.

Here are the participating regions: United States, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Italy , Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan

You can find information on the competition rules here as well as the Terms [TB1] that apply.

Free Online Multiplayer Weekend

December 9, 2023 – December 10, 2023

Get ready for another online multiplayer weekend, starting December 9 at 12:01am through December 10 at 11:59pm local time. Online multiplayer is available without a PlayStation Plus membership during this time, so players can go head-to-head or play alongside other players online.

PlayStation Tournaments

(PlayStation Plus membership required)

December 12, 2023 – December 17, 2023

There will be PlayStation Tournaments happening from December 12th 12:01am to December 17th 11:59pm local time, featuring titles like EA Sports FC 24, NBA 2K24, Madden NFL 24 and MLB the Show 23.

Players who participate have a chance to win a PlayStation Plus Premium / Deluxe membership. The signup process is similar to traditional PlayStation Tournaments, featuring custom tournament cards and an in-game button that includes a list of available tournaments for participating titles. Upon entering the PlayStation Tournament, players will face off in 1v1 brackets on a set schedule.

In addition, everyone who participates in a PlayStation Tournament during this timeframe will be entered into a prize draw to win a PlayStation 5 Digital Edition console (vertical stand sold separately). Visit the official site to learn more about the competition.

Prize draw is only valid in Canada, United States, Austria, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom.

PlayStation Stars Campaign

(PlayStation Plus membership required to redeem PlayStation Plus Monthly Games)

As part of Season of Play, PlayStation Plus members can earn 50 bonus points on PlayStation Stars by redeeming and playing any of the December PlayStation Plus Monthly Games:

• LEGO 2K Drive
  • Powerwash Simulator
  • Sable

As a reminder, if you are both a PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Stars member, you can earn PlayStation Stars points with eligible purchases on PlayStation Store, including purchases that go toward a PlayStation Plus membership.

Sony Pictures Core Benefits for PlayStation Plus Members

(PlayStation Plus Premium / Deluxe membership required)

Sony Pictures Core provides access for players to buy or rent up to 2,000 movies* straight from their consoles, and as a PlayStation Plus member, you’ll get additional benefits. Starting December 1 for a limited time, each week PlayStation Plus members will have access to big discounts on 7 movies for 7 days. Check back every Friday for new discounts hand-picked for PlayStation.

PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe members have access to a curated catalog of 100 movies* to stream on demand from Sony Pictures Core. Today, we’re excited to share that starting December 5th in the U.S., U.K., Canada, Australia and New Zealand, additional select content from Crunchyroll will be added to this catalog, which includes episodes from popular series such as Eighty Six, Iruma-kun and To Your Eternity. Additional regions will launch at a later date

For more details about PlayStation Plus Season of Play, our webpage will be live starting December 5 at 2AM PST / 10AM GMT / 7PM JST: https://www.playstation.com/ps-plus/whats-new/

We want to wish all our players a happy holiday season. We hope you’ll enjoy the PlayStation Plus Season of Play, and everything else we have lined up for 2024.

Happy gaming!

Nice. The biggest takeaway there for me is that Premium members finally get select Crunchyroll content starting tomorrow. Wonder what will be added. And supposedly there will be big discounts on some movies.

I looked up what the deeply discounted movies are. Most are $2 or $3 to rent, $5 or $7 to own. No Hard Feelings was $10 and Gran Turismo is $8. The rest of this week's deals are:

-65 starring Adam Driver
-Bloodshot starring Vin Diesel
-Spiderman: No Way Home
-Ghostbusters: Afterlife
-The Craft Legacy

The free movie collection for Premium members was also updated with some movies added and others removed. The original Ghostbusters is on there now, as well as Rent the musical. There's a zombie movie called Patient Zero starring Matt Smith (Doctor Who), Natalie Dormer (Game of Thrones, The Tudors), and Stanley Tucci.

I personally will never buy movies on PlayStation. They’re locked there and if they ever decided to pull content, like they just did with Discovery shows, they’re gone. I only buy from bigger digital movie retailers like iTunes and Vudu. Heck, even Microsoft participates in Movies Anywhere.

Buy something that’s MA on other platforms and you can even watch them on PlayStation using the Apple TV app or Amazon Prime Video. Prices are usually just as good or better than PS anyway.

They haven't sold movies on PSN for a long time now. No reason to buy digital movies at any point unless there is a ridiculous sale or you have credit on a service to make it cheap, but it's much better to buy physical Blu-rays or DVDs with a Movies Anywhere code so that you don't get the effects of the stupid WB Discovery moves to constantly pull content to save themselves some tax money. Got The Last of Us Complete First Season for less than the cost of one month's sub of Max so that I can watch it whenever I want without dumb CEOs trying to dictate where and when I can watch it.

Unfortunately, some studios still refuse to include Movies Anywhere codes and pull shit like including an iTunes code like that's good enough for people that don't use any of Apple's services.

I looked up what the deeply discounted movies are. Most are $2 or $3 to rent, $5 or $7 to own. No Hard Feelings was $10 and Gran Turismo is $8. The rest of this week's deals are:

-65 starring Adam Driver
-Bloodshot starring Vin Diesel
-Spiderman: No Way Home
-Ghostbusters: Afterlife
-The Craft Legacy

The free movie collection for Premium members was also updated with some movies added and others removed. The original Ghostbusters is on there now, as well as Rent the musical. There's a zombie movie called Patient Zero starring Matt Smith (Doctor Who), Natalie Dormer (Game of Thrones, The Tudors), and Stanley Tucci.
Patient Zero by Jonathan Mayberry? If so, I’ll check it out.
*edit* Nope, it’s not. Probably worth checking out though.

Last edited:
Fortnite is out now as a free to play game:

@everyone ⚠️ - An issue with the PlayStation Network is causing some users to be permanently suspended. These suspensions, however are false and PlayStation is looking into it. In the meantime if you're worried about your account it is best to not log into the service until a resolution has been made.

@everyone ⚠️ - An issue with the PlayStation Network is causing some users to be permanently suspended. These suspensions, however are false and PlayStation is looking into it. In the meantime if you're worried about your account it is best to not log into the service until a resolution has been made.
There's an article about it already.

Probably smart to wait it out until an official announcement of all clear.

Does Ghost of Tsushima take a while to get going? I'm maybe 2 hours into Act 1 and it's not doing much for me. It looks fantastic, but I'm not finding it that fun to play. So far it seems light on combat and heavy on recon and finding clues.

Does Ghost of Tsushima take a while to get going? I'm maybe 2 hours into Act 1 and it's not doing much for me. It looks fantastic, but I'm not finding it that fun to play. So far it seems light on combat and heavy on recon and finding clues.

It's been awhile since I've played GoT but it definitely takes awhile before you unlock all of your abilities. There's good variety, you can approach combat with range, stlealth or melee. For most games I play on normal but you eventually become so overpowered that I bumped the difficulty up to hard and found the game more enjoyable that way. The game is gorgeous. It's the kind of game you just want to immerse yourself into the world.

I wouldn't advocate forcing yourself if you're not having fun but 2 hours is really not that far. You'll run into plenty of combat, don't worry about that.

GoT is one of the few games I almost quit early on for the cheap gut punch early. Pushed through and loved the game.

One of the few games I actually platinumed (spelling?). Course that was on the PS4. I really want it on the 5, but know I won't play it again because already did everything.
For the record the only games I ever quit are:
Max Payne...the whole dream sequence, baby crying (I was a new dad at the time, yes I am old)
Wolfenstein (can't recall which one exactly)... when they make you shoot your dog
Forspoken...all the swearing, like ridiculous amount.

I agree with everyone else: keep going. I'm the kind of person who often forces herself to finish games, even if I'm not enjoying them, but GoT was not one of those games. Granted, I loved it from the beginning, but it gets better and better the more you play. I actually really didn't like most of the characters and side stories, but the overall narrative, gameplay, and exploration were so addictive to me, it made the side material I wasn't feeling much more bearable. The final battle and the very end of the game are 100% worth playing the whole thing. Also, if you do end up liking it in the long run, I can't recommend the Iki Island expansion enough. The story is also amazing, the characters are better, and it's just more awesomeness.

Of course, if you give it a few more hours and still aren't feeling it, by all means, put it down. Life is too short to waste on a game you're not enjoying (need to tell myself that sometimes lol).

bread's done
Back