Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I just had this one over-hyped and it's feeling different initially than the "Japanese Assassin's Creed" it got labeled as. I'll keep going and looking forward to things opening up a bit more. I heard that Chad Stahelski is doing an adaptation too, which also sounds amazing

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I just had this one over-hyped and it's feeling different initially than the "Japanese Assassin's Creed" it got labeled as. I'll keep going and looking forward to things opening up a bit more. I heard that Chad Stahelski is doing an adaptation too, which also sounds amazing
I would not say it is over-hyped but most of the time I played this I felt like I was playing a "Japanese Assassin's Creed" for sure. Not a complete clone but the influence is hard to not notice.

I'm backwards on Tsushima. I really liked the opening, but then it just didnt do anything different and I quit in act 3 due to being so bored. Looking cool only carries gameplay for so far.

I haven’t been able to finish Ghosts of Tsushima. I liked it but it just didn’t grab me and other games at the time were. But I’ll get back to it…someday.

@everyone ⚠️ - An issue with the PlayStation Network is causing some users to be permanently suspended. These suspensions, however are false and PlayStation is looking into it. In the meantime if you're worried about your account it is best to not log into the service until a resolution has been made.
Between discovery content and. . .all your content, Sony sure is making a strong case why they're the worst storefront to buy digital. I'm not even surprised anymore.

Is it safe to login to PlayStation Network yet? Has Sony even commented on the "hack" that happened a few months back?
I saw people on Reddit reporting some that had been banned had already been reinstated. Also, people reported the original user mentioned in the article was back in as well. I've been in and seen no issues (claimed my PS+ games yesterday, played a game last night, used video apps), but I don't know how widespread the issue was.

Installed the 2TB drive I got from Amazon for $88. Taking the cover off wasn’t bad and only surprise was on the SSD bay, my model didn’t have a little groove for the washer to go in. Instead it has a couple bumps for the washer to sit next to.

sweet. new PS1 anniversary PS5.

I'm still going to get my hands on one of those 20th anniversary PS4 consoles one day when I get some money... I've had a matching controller and headset saved all this time. As someone who grew up with the original, these things look so rad. Though the sharper angles and edges on the PS4 one make a lot more sense to me.

I liked what the PSX looked like but a PS5 version with the same color scheme is even worse than the default PS5 color scheme.

I do think the USB cable to charge the controller is cute. It is just missing a memory card underneath.

Decking the PS5 out in PlayStation grey really just kinda highlights how much worse of a design it is than any other console with the branding. I hope the next major revision is not only smaller, but nicer to look at,

The Game Awards sale is live (ends 12/12 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

Deku Deals, New Lows

Highlights
  • Chants of Sennaar - $15.99 - 20% off
  • Cult of the Lamb - $14.99 - 40% off
  • Dead Island 2 - $41.99 - 40% off
  • Dead Space - $31.49 - 55% off
  • Deathloop - $11.99 - 80% off
  • Dishonored 2 - $2.99 - 90% off
  • Doom - $3.99 - 80% off
  • Doom Eternal - $9.99 - 75% off
  • Midnight Fight Express - $11.99 - 40% off
  • Monster Hunter World - $9.99 - 50% off
  • Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition - $19.99 - 50% off
  • Monster Hunter World - Iceborne - $14.99 - 50% off
  • Remnant II - $29.99 - 40% Off
  • Resident Evil 4 - $29.99 - 50% off
  • Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - $38.49 - 45% off
  • Stray - $19.79 - 34% off
  • Tchia - $14.99 - 50% off
  • Thirsty Suitors - $23.99 - 20% off
  • Tunic - $20.99 - 30% off

Last edited:
The only thing I ever learn from DLC that comes out more a month or two from when I finish a game is that I pretty much forgot how to play the games and just end up sucking at the DLC.

Ragnarok Valhalla looks cool though.

That Sega trailer at first looked stupid as fuck but damn, it hit hard with all the reveals.

EDIT2* holy shit, more FFVII Rebirth!!

ED*T3* LOL WTF is going on in this Rebirth trailer... I kinda don't care but off the rails it looks from the OG, but holy shit so amped for this game.

Last edited:
The only thing I ever learn from DLC that comes out more a month or two from when I finish a game is that I pretty much forgot how to play the games and just end up sucking at the DLC.

Ragnarok Valhalla looks cool though.

That Sega trailer at first looked stupid as fuck but damn, it hit hard with all the reveals.

EDIT2* holy shit, more FFVII Rebirth!!

ED*T3* LOL WTF is going on in this Rebirth trailer... I kinda don't care but off the rails it looks from the OG, but holy shit so amped for this game.
I have to wonder given some of the messaging during that FFVIIR trailer if they're looking to alter the story and not kill you know who. They certainly focused a lot on her and used pretty strong hints directly from them. I'm all for it so I don't need my gameshark to bring them back as a playable character.

Also glad I haven't started FFXVI now that the new dlc was announced (and immediately coveted by Sony until EOY24 smh). I'll wait for the royal xbox edition whenever.

I have the same issue. I don't play too many brand new games, but the Horizon expansions were rough for this exact reason. I still enjoyed them, but remembering all the various in-game mechanics took a while.

RE4 VR Mode demo is out now:

The Free VR Mode DLC is also out now:

Clearly, the new FFVII writers ship Cloud and Aerith hard. It's looking very much like the "no major story changes" claim they made after Remake came out was a lie. But, I'm the biggest Zack fangirl on the planet, and seeing him have such a prominent role in the trailer just warmed my cold, dead heart. Oh god, but Loveless being the play you perform at the Gold Saucer...here's an awesome story change: Genesis drops down from the ceiling and does a little...you know what...

Speaking of lies, I will continue to point out the blatantly false claim from the FFXVI devs that the game was a complete experience at launch and they had no interest in making DLC or other supplemental material unless the fans wanted it. It was clear content had been cut and sure enough, here comes DLC to fill in that gap. I won't be going back to this game until the expansion is complete, and even then, I'm in no hurry. By the last third of the game, it became a major chore to keep playing.

Very excited for Visions of Mana, almost looks like a Secret sequel or remake. Monster Hunter Wilds got my husband real excited, but man that wait for it. Happy to see it's not on Switch this time (no shade on Switch, but Rise just didn't look right on it).

Clearly, the new FFVII writers ship Cloud and Aerith hard. It's looking very much like the "no major story changes" claim they made after Remake came out was a lie. But, I'm the biggest Zack fangirl on the planet, and seeing him have such a prominent role in the trailer just warmed my cold, dead heart. Oh god, but Loveless being the play you perform at the Gold Saucer...here's an awesome story change: Genesis drops down from the ceiling and does a little...you know what...

Speaking of lies, I will continue to point out the blatantly false claim from the FFXVI devs that the game was a complete experience at launch and they had no interest in making DLC or other supplemental material unless the fans wanted it. It was clear content had been cut and sure enough, here comes DLC to fill in that gap. I won't be going back to this game until the expansion is complete, and even then, I'm in no hurry. By the last third of the game, it became a major chore to keep playing.

Very excited for Visions of Mana, almost looks like a Secret sequel or remake. Monster Hunter Wilds got my husband real excited, but man that wait for it. Happy to see it's not on Switch this time (no shade on Switch, but Rise just didn't look right on it).
SE has proven to me that their word is open to the highest bidder.

Monster Hunter Wilds got my husband real excited, but man that wait for it. Happy to see it's not on Switch this time (no shade on Switch, but Rise just didn't look right on it).

I didn't have a problem with Rise being on Switch but thank god Wilds is a true current gen game. I want the devs to stretch their legs at much as possible, Rise was fun but the end game was so hollow compared to what World wound up with in the end.

Holy shit, that Wilds trailer got me hyped. That focus on a detailed, living ecosystem, and FINALLY a dinosaur-style monster with full feathery covering (even if it was just a mount), the biologist in me is so damn excited. Like MonHun has always been interesting to me due to its attempts to stay somewhat grounded in designing its monsters and environments, and World, for me, was just the pinnacle of the series so far for having such amazing ecosystem-building, even with its low amount of content, but this just looks next level in the trailer, and with it being the third original HD entry in the series, I’m guessing it’ll have a LOT more content than World. I might have to pre-order this, and I never pre-order anymore.

Plus the mount jumping through the rocks like that? And gliding? I mean, a bit suspicious that a real animal would be able to pronate its hands enough to jump like that using all four limbs, as well as still have its wrists stable enough for forelimb-based gliding, but still, that was cool.

DLC practices should be in a way that it feels like you've gotten a complete, finished game experience without buying any of it. It should be excess, supplemental material. Additional side content or epilogue story. And I don't want to see or hear any of it nudging me during my main playthrough, which breaks both immersion and narrative.

There are very few companies who do this the right way.

DLC practices should be in a way that it feels like you've gotten a complete, finished game experience without buying any of it. It should be excess, supplemental material. Additional side content or epilogue story. And I don't want to see or hear any of it nudging me during my main playthrough, which breaks both immersion and narrative.

That's probably because what you consider to be "the right way" is something you made up and not at all relevant to the people making video games.

That's probably because what you consider to be "the right way" is something you made up and not at all relevant to the people making video games.
Sounds like apologia to me.

And I think you mean relevant to the people funding video games.

DLC should be additional, the dessert after your five course meal.

Don't pull out the mash potatoes and attempt to tell me they're ice cream later.

Sounds like apologia to me.

And I think you mean relevant to the people funding video games.

DLC should be additional, the dessert after your five course meal.

Don't pull out the mash potatoes and attempt to tell me they're ice cream later.
Again DLC "should be" whatever the people making the DLC want it to be. If you don't want it don't buy it.

What about sweet potatoes?
Pie, extra.

Casserole, deluxe edition upgrade.

Baked, included in base, butter as an in game unlockable after quest line "please pass the potatoes."

Again DLC "should be" whatever the people making the DLC want it to be. If you don't want it don't buy it.
They call games with required DLC episodic games. So you're right, if they're honest about it, no worries.

But they typically aren't. So can it with the apologia for corporations who give two poops about you.

Last edited:

I rarely go back to a game once I finish it...mainly becuase remembering the controls is difficult. Although I thought Spider-Man (The City that Never Sleeps) was done well. .

As much as I enjoyed Cyberpunk (one of the few it seems) I just can't go back.

Only going back to GoW because it's free

Games leaving PS Plus Extra/Premium in January
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • It Takes Two
  • Jett: The Far Shore
  • The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories,
  • Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
  • Omno
  • Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire - Ultimate Edition
  • SnowRunner

Dunno if this is old news, but one of the point challenges in the PS app asks you to play a game from the PS Plus Catalog and lists Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins as one of the selected games. There was a rumor last month that this game would be added to PS Plus, but it didn't happen this month and I don't know the source for it.

bread's done
Back