Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I bought a few games from the sale. My PS5 store app died in the middle of me perusing games on sale so I guess that was my cue to stop shopping lol. I have so many games on PS, Steam, and XBox I really don't need to purchase any more games for a really long time if at all.

That guy said he's not interested in fanboy wars, but he is always going on about how Xbox is better than PS in the Xbox thread. It is just laughable that he thinks VR2 and Portal count towards PS5 systems sold. He also predicts that Xbox will be the dominant platform by the end of this generation, which is just 5 years from now, but Series X and S units sold were only 21 million combined before the start of the summer, according to official Xbox Brazil branch. You can't make this up.
I do recall hearing something funky about how they were reporting portal and vr hardware sales, so there's probably some truth to it. Don't really care much considering that's not the measure for success anymore.

I feel like such a putz for buying Shemue 3 at launch and then buying the DLC for $7.49 and not even playing all the dlc yet. It just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper. I am sure we all have games like that though.

several non sony affiliated financial websites have reported the sales figures of consoles are 3 to 1 in favor of sony. also, several sources report that 50million number as sold through. and just lol at portal and psvr 2 being included in those numbers, just keep spreading those rumors.

That guy said he's not interested in fanboy wars, but he is always going on about how Xbox is better than PS in the Xbox thread. It is just laughable that he thinks VR2 and Portal count towards PS5 systems sold. He also predicts that Xbox will be the dominant platform by the end of this generation, which is just 5 years from now, but Series X and S units sold were only 21 million combined before the start of the summer, according to official Xbox Brazil branch. You can't make this up.

Sweet baby jesus... are you serious? I guess typing anything that's not "PS5 is the best console ever! 10/10" is considered console warring. :ROFLMAO: That's why the xbox thread is more active, because it feels like an actual community of real genuine people while this one just feels like a cult for a plastic box. I've stopped posting in this thread almost entirely just not to piss people off.

I literally could not have been more transparent. There was a report by Matt Piscatella that PS Portals would be tracked as console sales and I made sure to label it as a rumor. I'm just offering a different perspective. For example we know that Sony counts God of War, Spider-man and Horizon console bundles as individual game sales and they've also stopped reporting on PS Plus subscriber numbers. Clearly Sony has an interest in making these numbers look good for the investors. Read for yourself... I didn't just make this shit up:

Xbox is my preferred console. I never lied about that. Same way that Playstation is your preferred console even though you post in the Xbox thread. I'm assuming that you also own an Xbox? I didn't see you post your end of year yearly wrap-ups in either thread. I still play on my PS5 daily and am in the top percentile for hours played and games completed.

My PS4 Pro sounded like a jet engine going mach 10! My Xbox One S sucked, the Xbox One X was a great console, Xbox just forgot to release games for it. :ROFLMAO: Despite having fond memories of bringing my TV and Xbox 360 over to my friends house for pizza night and 12-16 player halo with the boys and The Last of Us on PS3 being my favorite game of all time, neither of them were my console of the generation.. the Gamecube was. Nintendo just knows how to put out magical unique games that don't cost $300 million dollar budgets to make. Nintendo is pushing the boundaries through creativity. Something that Playstation used to be good at.. Sly Cooper, Jax, Ico, SOTC, GOW.... now it's just more sequels, remakes and remasters.... all to say that I have no allegiance. I play all games. How many people can say they have the Platinum for Knack 1 & 2? Surely that should buy me some street cred right? :)

Why do I predict that Xbox will dominate by the end of this generation? Because I'm a consumer, not a shareholder. Which console raised the prices of games and their subscription service this generation? Which console releases all of their first party games day and date into their subscription service and let's you play the game you bought, anywhere including PC without forcing you to buy multiple copies of the same game!? Which franchise is the top selling franchise of all time? Call of Duty. Which platform owns Call of Duty now? Microsoft owns more studios than PS after the ABK acquisition so they will be pumping out more games. This isn't some Nostradamus level prediction, just some basic 3rd grade level common sense. Whichever console brings you the most value and joy is up to you. It doesn't have to be just one.

I was finally able to take my dualshock 4 that won't charge or turn on despite troubleshooting all I could with my PS5 and every suggestion online(wouldn't even charge plugging into an outlet) over to a friends that has a PS4. Well, I was able to get it to charge through the console itself but it would not turn on. I figure that maybe I can wait for it to completely charge and then try it but I think that maybe the PSN button is broken. I might just have to buy a new DS4 if I can't fix the PSN button if that is indeed why it won't connect to my PS5 or my friends PS4. Sucks because I really like this blue one and there would be no reason for it to just stop working. I still have no idea why it would only charged plugged into a PS4 but at least I know it's not the battery.

Might be worth looking into purchasing a replacement ps button and see about repairing yourself. Ifixit usually has reliable OEM parts and videos on how to do the repairs.

Might be worth looking into purchasing a replacement ps button and see about repairing yourself. Ifixit usually has reliable OEM parts and videos on how to do the repairs.
I plugged it into an outlet and it's charging there now too! I have no idea what is going on. It's like the PS4 woke it up or something. Once it's fully charged I might take it apart and see if I can push the PSN button with the shell off. Buying the parts and then trying to fix it doesn't seem worth the $20 or so it will cost to buy a used controller or even $30 for a brand new one in the box like I see selling on offerup near me.

Apparently Bill & Ted's Excellent Retro Collection will be removed from stores before January 1st.

As of right now, it's still up for $9.99. I don't know if it's any good, and didn't really know it existed. Just a heads up for people who get FOMO.

Apparently Bill & Ted's Excellent Retro Collection will be removed from stores before January 1st.

As of right now, it's still up for $9.99. I don't know if it's any good, and didn't really know it existed. Just a heads up for people who get FOMO.

It does not sound good

They are shitty LJN games that didn’t need to be ported. Don’t waste your money on these.

I literally could not have been more transparent. There was a report by Matt Piscatella that PS Portals would be tracked as console sales and I made sure to label it as a rumor. I'm just offering a different perspective. For example we know that Sony counts God of War, Spider-man and Horizon console bundles as individual game sales and they've also stopped reporting on PS Plus subscriber numbers. Clearly Sony has an interest in making these numbers look good for the investors. Read for yourself... I didn't just make this shit up:

Ritchardf & whitereflection are both right. You're grasping straws for no reason. 50 million sold is confirmed. Your number is a complete ass pull. You don't even believe there are 15 to 20 million PS5 consoles just sitting on store shelves unsold 😏. It's clearly stated in the link you posted that the PS Portal will be counted as a NEW console platform. So why would that be lumped in PS5 sales numbers? Also PSVR 2 isn't mentioned as being counted as a console so you are making shit up 🤫. Lastly all of the big three count games in console bundles as individual sales. Wii Sports & Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are two of the best selling games of all time and were heavily bundled for years on respective platforms. Why hate on Sony when they do it? If you're going to be a hater at least get your facts strait.

Last edited:

Wow that was fast. Just came on PSN Feb 16, 2023.

I was so excited to get FF 16 for Xmas.
Is there a point in the game where I get to actually play and not watch cutscenes?

(I just met Cid -it's not a spoiler, there's always a Cid- so hopefully there's more exploration and actually killing things coming up)

Is there a point in the game where I get to actually play and not watch cutscenes?

(I just met Cid -it's not a spoiler, there's always a Cid- so hopefully there's more exploration and actually killing things coming up)
It's much more of a narrative driven game than any FF before it. If you enjoy the voice actors and story you will enjoy it, if it's already bugging you how many cutscenes there are I doubt you will have a good time.

It's much more of a narrative driven game than any FF before it. If you enjoy the voice actors and story you will enjoy it, if it's already bugging you how many cutscenes there are I doubt you will have a good time.
I would concur with that assessment. I really enjoyed the story for the game and cared for the characters, so I kept going and loved it more and more as I played.

Going to wait on the DLC until they get some discounts though.

I plugged it into an outlet and it's charging there now too! I have no idea what is going on. It's like the PS4 woke it up or something. Once it's fully charged I might take it apart and see if I can push the PSN button with the shell off. Buying the parts and then trying to fix it doesn't seem worth the $20 or so it will cost to buy a used controller or even $30 for a brand new one in the box like I see selling on offerup near me.

Mine was doing the same thing just a week ago. I took it apart. The rubber pad that the ps button rest on wasn’t working right. Clean the pad and pushed it down a little and no problems since.

The game doesn't do a good job explaining how to customize abilities. Once you get some new abilities, you can mix-and-match them and combat gets more varied. Also, your ability points can be reset and redistributed without any penalty, so don't hesitate to try out new abilities, wipe them, and do another configuration. A battle FAQ may be helpful to get the most out of it.

Once you get through the first ~20% or so, side quests can be initiated but don't get locked out unless it warns you that a significant event is about to happen. If you just met Cid, you're extremely early, it's easily a 60 hour playthrough if you only casually do sidequests. Some of them are meaningless fetch quests, some of them provide new abilities or serious exposition. There's probably a good spoiler-free guide by now on which quests are considered essential.

It's a good game but not a great game. The luster of the production wears off after awhile, boss battles are a tad too long, and I really wish there were more options for equipment or ANY kind of party management.

But it's worth finishing. A few of the boss battles are so bonkers that they are worth the slow parts. Definitely a few "did that JUST HAPPEN?" moments.

Sweet baby jesus... are you serious? I guess typing anything that's not "PS5 is the best console ever! 10/10" is considered console warring. :ROFLMAO: That's why the xbox thread is more active, because it feels like an actual community of real genuine people while this one just feels like a cult for a plastic box. I've stopped posting in this thread almost entirely just not to piss people off.

Xbox is my preferred console. I never lied about that. Same way that Playstation is your preferred console even though you post in the Xbox thread. I'm assuming that you also own an Xbox? I didn't see you post your end of year yearly wrap-ups in either thread. I still play on my PS5 daily and am in the top percentile for hours played and games completed.

My PS4 Pro sounded like a jet engine going mach 10! My Xbox One S sucked, the Xbox One X was a great console, Xbox just forgot to release games for it. :ROFLMAO: Despite having fond memories of bringing my TV and Xbox 360 over to my friends house for pizza night and 12-16 player halo with the boys and The Last of Us on PS3 being my favorite game of all time, neither of them were my console of the generation.. the Gamecube was. Nintendo just knows how to put out magical unique games that don't cost $300 million dollar budgets to make. Nintendo is pushing the boundaries through creativity. Something that Playstation used to be good at.. Sly Cooper, Jax, Ico, SOTC, GOW.... now it's just more sequels, remakes and remasters.... all to say that I have no allegiance. I play all games. How many people can say they have the Platinum for Knack 1 & 2? Surely that should buy me some street cred right? :)

Why do I predict that Xbox will dominate by the end of this generation? Because I'm a consumer, not a shareholder. Which console raised the prices of games and their subscription service this generation? Which console releases all of their first party games day and date into their subscription service and let's you play the game you bought, anywhere including PC without forcing you to buy multiple copies of the same game!? Which franchise is the top selling franchise of all time? Call of Duty. Which platform owns Call of Duty now? Microsoft owns more studios than PS after the ABK acquisition so they will be pumping out more games. This isn't some Nostradamus level prediction, just some basic 3rd grade level common sense. Whichever console brings you the most value and joy is up to you. It doesn't have to be just one.
Bro nobody cares what your preferred console or mine is.

There is basically no question that Sony has sold PS5s at a rate of more than 2 to 1 vs Xbox series consoles. This isn’t really a question. It’s a fact. Could Xbox catch up? Sure. Could they close the gap over the holiday? Sure.

But for you to suggest that they are selling at an even rate is pure nonsense. That’s why people are mocking you.

It's a good game but not a great game. The luster of the production wears off after awhile, boss battles are a tad too long, and I really wish there were more options for equipment or ANY kind of party management.
My biggest issue is the whole "you beat ______ AHAHAHA no you didn't!" repetition. Like, I'm not all THAT far in but I basically assume anymore that any fight of significance where I'm told so-and-so has been slain is really just the first half, or maybe first third, of the fight, because you'll immediately fight them again. Slain? You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means.

People be like "there aren't any good games to play"

2023 was one of the best years of gaming I have ever seen. That list is incredible. So many great games I need to play still. I think I want to buy Resident Evil 4 and Rogue Legacy 2 this week.

Then there's people with a shitty TV like, "There's no reason to upgrade to a PS5 right now" or "there aren't any quality exclusives I need to play". It makes me laugh every time. Know how I know you aren't a gamer?? Sounds so old, out of touch, and behind the times. The depth of quality on that list is astonishing.

Also, considering that list....you know what I REALLY want to play right now is to repeatedly pay for a self-described SERVICE game in Diablo 4. LMAO. fuck off Blizzard.

Last edited:
Also, considering that list....you know what I REALLY want to play right now is to repeatedly pay for a self-described SERVICE game in Diablo 4. LMAO. fuck off Blizzard.
I'm just glad that I got it off of Alienware Arena for free. It's fine, but I never would have paid for it.

2023 had a lot of great titles that came out that year - but, I dunno....2007, 1998, and 2000 were also some :"heck of a great year" each for gaming across PC and consoles.

EDIT - Not sure why gamers still look at Diablo still; Diablo died when Roper, Brevik, Schaefer Bros. and a lot of the OG Blizzard crew left and Activision corp-took over at that place. Diablo 3 (by Blizz South) was disappointing out-the-box and didn't get solid until RoS - and even after it, it still ain't D2. Same for COD, since MW2 (IW's OG - was that 2009?) right when a lot of IW followed West/Zampella over to EA - Activision destroyed that franchise and milked it dry too, like its name was Tony Hawk.

Last edited:
A ton of great games came out this year. The vast majority of them weren’t exclusives for any particular console and that’s fine. A game like Baldur’s Gate 3 or Resident Evil 4 doesn’t have to be an exclusive to be a great game.

2023 had a lot of great titles that came out that year - but, I dunno....2007, 1998, and 2000 were also some :"heck of a great year" each for gaming across PC and consoles.

EDIT - Not sure why gamers still look at Diablo still; Diablo died when Roper, Brevik, Schaefer Bros. and a lot of the OG Blizzard crew left and Activision corp-took over at that place. Diablo 3 (by Blizz South) was disappointing out-the-box and didn't get solid until RoS - and even after it, it still ain't D2. Same for COD, since MW2 (IW's OG - was that 2009?) right when a lot of IW followed West/Zampella over to EA - Activision destroyed that franchise and milked it dry too, like its name was Tony Hawk.
You're forgetting how awesome 2017 was. Hell, 2008 had Fallout 3 and Dead Space which are on a lot of people's top games of all time lists. Really, pretty much any year you could go through and pick out amazing games. This year though, wow, absolutely amazing too.

My plan for December was to start with Alan Wake Remastered and I haven't even gotten around to it yet. been hearing such great things about Alan Wake 2.

They really need to publish a physical version. As much as they want to factor that out, they are losing sales. from people like me. I sure as hell am not buying it on EGS lol.

2008:
Dead Space 1 was great. Also, so is Mirror's Edge 1; severely underrated game. L4D was awesome too. Far Cry 2 was disappointing, even though it was still good. P4 and GTA4 are awesome, of course. SH: Homecoming still ain't on SH1,2,3 level; and NFS: Undercover wishes it could be NFS: Most Wanted 2005. TR Underworld was good, though.

Fallout 3 was great, but I'll take NV over it any days. As much as F3 was a blast, Emil can't write dialogue and plots for junk; and they recycled the Water Chip Plot from F1 and GECK Plot from F2.

2017:
Prey from Arkane is awesome. Andromeda still ain't on ME Trilogy/Legendary's level. Evil Within 2 and Wolf II: TNC were awesome. Injustice 2 rocked. HB: Senua was out-standing.

People be like "there aren't any good games to play"

2023 was one of the best years of gaming I have ever seen. That list is incredible. So many great games I need to play still. I think I want to buy Resident Evil 4 and Rogue Legacy 2 this week.

Then there's people with a shitty TV like, "There's no reason to upgrade to a PS5 right now" or "there aren't any quality exclusives I need to play". It makes me laugh every time. Know how I know you aren't a gamer?? Sounds so old, out of touch, and behind the times. The depth of quality on that list is astonishing.

We already have RE4 (Wii) at home.

We already have RE4 (Wii) at home.

Yup. Already got RE4 (Retail - PC version) and Steam-version (RE4: UHD aka "RE4 2005").

And Dead Space 1 and Persona 4 already came out in 2008, also. Already got those classics too. More remakes, re-releases and remasters.

Not every game really needs a Remake, even if it still turns out great. Most of the leg-work's done for them already w/ story and character stuff w/ DS1 and RE4 - and that goes for other Remakes, too. I mean, you can shuffle & toss some stuff around in story and character - it still likely won't change much, as they likely won't drastically change everything...b/c then it technically won't be a "Remake" and it'll be more like a "Reimagining" or "Delta" (as MGS3 seems to be doing). Also, the controls were already very modern on Dead Space 1 and Resident Evil 4 back when those launched and doubt much needs changing now - what was there really to do there with say RE4 and Dead Space, TBH? Just spruce up the graphics quality and the game would still be likely again great in the Remake provided they don't mess the technical stuff up, right?

And didn't Star Ocean: 2nd Story come out in the late 90's? And all those ancient FF's which got Pixel Remasters were released dog's ages ago too.

Glad they're available again and all & been spruced-up and all b/c dev's and publishers should never let their old classics die - but, they ain't entirely new sequels or new IP's here.

My plan for December was to start with Alan Wake Remastered and I haven't even gotten around to it yet. been hearing such great things about Alan Wake 2.

They really need to publish a physical version. As much as they want to factor that out, they are losing sales. from people like me. I sure as hell am not buying it on EGS lol.

Haven't played or bought AW Remastered yet (I'm not even sure if it's even necessary for me, TBH?) - but man, the PC port of Alan Wake was great and American Nightmare was good too.

Fallout 3 absolutely blew me away. I had never played a game like that before. In fact, I loved it so much that I suffered through multiple game crashes, losing hours and hours of play time and having to figure out certain things to do to get it to run on the ps3. I replayed The Game of the Year Edition on Xbox series X and man, that's what I wish it would have run like when I played it on PS3. I am replaying New Vegas Game of the Year Edition on Series X and so far, I still think Fallout 3 is the better game but NV is awesome.
I'm a little confused though about when there is no turning back for certain quests and getting the achievements. In Fallout 3 I knew I could just get an achievement and then go back to a previous save like getting certain level Karma Etc but I don't really know how to do that right now in New Vegas. I don't want to have to do multiple playthroughs to get all of the achievements.

NV's got much better actual RPG'ing and choices, story, characters, and everything. NV even adheres closer to the classic Fallout 1 and 2 Lore (and its nuances!) and those styling of comedy (F1 was more dark & twisted, meanwhile F2 had more references & parody comedy). Makes sense, given Tim Cain, Josh E. Sawyer, and Avellone were involved with Black Isle Fallouts (either on F1, or F2, or both) and FNV with Obsidian.

Nuance is really a key to Fallout games - and Bethesda sledgehammers that into other ground, streamlining & dumbing that stuff down by painting BoS as good guy in F3 and evil guys in F4 - when they really supposed to be just a bunch of gray tech-hoarders often hiding somewhere (in bunkers, metros, etc) that manipulate key events like a secret society would do & intervene when they feel like they need to. I really wish they created a new crew of splintered some of those crews away from BoS as their own crew, TBH.

Also, Emil can't write his way out of a paper bag, TBH. Sure, he can come up w/ interesting plots & storylines and idea - but the dialogue's all kinds of "meh." It's like watching a film by M. Night Shamalyan - great ideas and whatnot, but please hire some writers that can actually write worth a darn. They should've found a way to keep Will Shen - he did the excellent F4: Far Harbor DLC; we need more of THAT kind of quality from Bethesda.

F3 set the foundation of a modern open-world shooter-FPS - which was taking some of those cues from those buggy-messes of open-world shooter-RPG's like say Boiling Point: RTH (aka Xenus 1) and STALKER: SoC. Just...you know, this might be one of the few polished Bethesda titles on Day 1. Sure, wasn't perfect - but it certainly was great...and better than most of their recent stuff.

EDIT -- NV doesn't do a real overall Karma system; it's more gray and nuanced. You basically deal w/ other Factions and whatnot - and your standing's with each Faction; it's doing what STALKER: SOC and Boiling Point RTH did.

bread's done
Back