Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Fallout 3 absolutely blew me away. I had never played a game like that before. In fact, I loved it so much that I suffered through multiple game crashes, losing hours and hours of play time and having to figure out certain things to do to get it to run on the ps3. I replayed The Game of the Year Edition on Xbox series X and man, that's what I wish it would have run like when I played it on PS3. I am replaying New Vegas Game of the Year Edition on Series X and so far, I still think Fallout 3 is the better game but NV is awesome.
I'm a little confused though about when there is no turning back for certain quests and getting the achievements. In Fallout 3 I knew I could just get an achievement and then go back to a previous save like getting certain level Karma Etc but I don't really know how to do that right now in New Vegas. I don't want to have to do multiple playthroughs to get all of the achievements.

I was the same way with F3 and NV. I played F3 on my PS3 which I think was the worst version: least stable and slowest but loved it. I remember once playing for an hour without saving and the game crashed... and I lost an hours work of progress. At the time, it was reported that auto-saves caused issues/eventually killed save files so I had it off, not sure it was true or some internet rumor but the game was buggy enough were I believed it.

I didn't care for NV as much. A lot of people said it was so much better than F3 because of the choices mattered more, which may have been true, but often it felt like the game forced you into a "make a decision: bad choice A or bad choice B"... which was like "ok, so we know how this gonna work out". Plus the game somehow being an even buggier mess than F3 was something to behold. Still had a blast though.

Fallout 3 absolutely blew me away. I had never played a game like that before. In fact, I loved it so much that I suffered through multiple game crashes, losing hours and hours of play time and having to figure out certain things to do to get it to run on the ps3. I replayed The Game of the Year Edition on Xbox series X and man, that's what I wish it would have run like when I played it on PS3. I am replaying New Vegas Game of the Year Edition on Series X and so far, I still think Fallout 3 is the better game but NV is awesome.
I'm a little confused though about when there is no turning back for certain quests and getting the achievements. In Fallout 3 I knew I could just get an achievement and then go back to a previous save like getting certain level Karma Etc but I don't really know how to do that right now in New Vegas. I don't want to have to do multiple playthroughs to get all of the achievements.
Supposedly a next gen version is on the way for both PS5 and Series X

Supposedly a next gen version is on the way for both PS5 and Series X
FO3 or NV? I have been reading the NV rumors for a while now. I wish they would have remastered/updated NV like they did with FO3. I am really impressed what they did with the Xbox 360 version. NV 360 does run better but it didn't get the same treatment as FO3.

I didn't care for NV as much. A lot of people said it was so much better than F3 because of the choices mattered more, which may have been true, but often it felt like the game forced you into a "make a decision: bad choice A or bad choice B"... which was like "ok, so we know how this gonna work out".

That's exactly the point. Witcher often does the same stuff too.

You're in a very bleak world and it's not always the old-school BioWare thing of "Do the nice thing, get a nice result" or "Do bad and get an evil results".

Sometimes, you got all bad choices here; a real dilemma. It's just...well, which crap sandwich has the least go "wrong" here?

Naw, sometimes well you've got multiple different decision types - the evil decision's the easiest decision and the least amount of stuff goes badly, despites trying to the morally "right" thing. Or the "nice" decision's the hardest path to go down or gets the worst results (i.e. maybe more people die, going this route or something). Heck, sometimes best decision is to go neutral - Witcher 1 did that here and there, too. This also makes the game unpredictable.

OG Witcher 1 was brutal. You could make a decision, then 3-5 hours or more later, you see your results from that - and likely, your save-scumming before the quest decision-point was useless b/c....well, since you see the result way later, do you really want to go backwards some 3-5 hours or so to re-do this all? Naw, you're stuck w/ the decisions and its results - live with it, like it or not.

You're in a very bleak world and it's not always the old-school BioWare thing of "Do the nice thing, get a nice result" or "Do bad and get an evil results".

Sometimes, you got all bad choices here; a real dilemma. It's just...well, which crap sandwich has the least go "wrong" here?

Naw, sometimes well you've got multiple different decision types - the evil decision's the easiest decision and the least amount of stuff goes badly, despites trying to the morally "right" thing. Or the "nice" decision's the hardest path to go down or gets the worst results (i.e. maybe more people die, going this route or something). Heck, sometimes best decision is to go neutral - Witcher 1 did that here and there, too. This also makes the game unpredictable.

OG Witcher 1 was brutal. You could make a decision, then 3-5 hours or more later, you see your results from that - and likely, your save-scumming before the quest decision-point was useless b/c....well, since you see the result way later, do you really want to go backwards some 3-5 hours or so to re-do this all? Naw, you're stuck w/ the decisions and its results - live with it, like it or not.

Last month outta nowhere I had this lady cashier at Barnes & Noble ask me "Paragon or Renegade?" with a giant sly smile spread across her face.. "Huh?" I asked in bewilderment for a moment. Then I realized what she meant. I was wearing my N7 logo black t-shirt. I hadn't thought about those words in a decade. I've gotten a ton of compliments or remarks on that one shirt but she was by far the cleverest. Her few short remarks showed what a true fangirl she was for the series. In spite of the "my boyfriend this", "well my boyfriend that" drivel that always seems to follow those types of interactions. Can't have anyone thinking that you are single ofc ;)

She was a straight-up 4 that quickly became about an 8. never seen that kind of (random, public) enthusiasm for the game.

I realize that, but I was saying I don't get WHY people say the choices in NV matter more than F3, because you knew it was gonna bad thing A or bad thing B. Now your example of neutral options- yes, that's why I'd say would have made NV, more neutral option. Why the hell can't I say "nah, fuck this- I'm gonna sit this one out, you guys kill each other and I'll watch".

Witcher 1 sucked ass because of hard the world itself was to navigate/do some side-quests. I am not a person who's patient when it comes to exploring to find things (like Morrowind), I need things to be super obvious (as in Skyrim). Thank god I played the series in order, because it's crazy how much things improved from 1 to 2 to 3.

B/c Bethesda doesn't really do stuff to the point where stuff matters that much. Sure, it might change a few things - but you often do NOT get blocked out of doing content, as they often let you join every Faction and Guild. They literally build their games around the player to be able to do most content in playthrough 1 -

If you're unhappy about a certain decision you thought of is not there and missing - i.e. such as, you want to let them all fight it out and watch - well, dev's have to come up w/ that branching path. Take it up with them.

FNV's more realistic than F3 though. You're gonna decide at some point before the end who to side w/ Faction-Wise or just side with Yes Man Robot (which is basically "Screw everybody, I'm gonna Lone Wolf it!")

F3 even broke one of the OG F3 base-game endings b/c you can't even die, even if you take a certain path anymore - b/c Broken Steel DLC allows for gamers to actually finish the game. Even ME2 has the guts to basically not let you go into ME3, if your Shepard dies in the Crazy-Awesome Final Mission in ME2.

I followed the video step by step and took apart and cleaned my Dualshock 4 and put it back together but it still won't turn on. I admit defeat so looked up how much it would be at Amazon or Target since I have a gift card there and it is still selling for $60-$65!

That means a dualsense is only $10 more and is a much more newer and better controller. It also means that when the Dualsense goes on sale for $50, it's less expensive than a DualShock 4. That's ridiculous of Sony and really reminds me of Nintendo's practices.

Luckily, I see brand new ones sealed in the box for $30 on OfferUp so I'll just get one there and save my gift cards for other stuff.

I'm playing Fallout 3 on PS3 right now and holy cow it's rough. I started a whole new save just for the dlc and I'm still crashing every 10 minutes
You likely need to face the music and play that on PC instead. The GOG version I believe runs fine, and I'm sure the Steam/Epic/whatever versions are fine as well. I'm sure Skyrim on PS3 (where I played it for a while) likely plays terribly too. There is a rumor that Fallout 3 will be remastered in 2024 too, so that's something as well.

You likely need to face the music and play that on PC instead. The GOG version I believe runs fine, and I'm sure the Steam/Epic/whatever versions are fine as well. I'm sure Skyrim on PS3 (where I played it for a while) likely plays terribly too. There is a rumor that Fallout 3 will be remastered in 2024 too, so that's something as well.
Fallout 3 GOTY Steam-version and Epic-version is on version 1.7.0.4, which isn't FOSE-Friendly at all (i.e. not mod friendly). Bethesda fixed a lot of stuff for those going vanilla here, but it's NOT mod friendly; it broke FOSE-required mods. If you want FOSE mods, prepare to downgrade w/ Anniversary Patcher (to get to version 1.7.0.3) if you got F3 GOTY on Steam or Epic. You likely should disable auto-updates on F3 GOTY on Steam too, if you're going to use 1.7.0.3 - to avoid Steam from auto-updating & forcing it back to 1.7.0.4.

Here's the Anniversary Patcher Downgrade to version 1.7.0.3 on Nexus - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/24913

If looking for FOSE (for F3 version 1.7.0.3) - https://fose.silverlock.org/

Best idea for most would be to just buy Fallout 3 GOTY on GOG, which currently is sitting at version 1.7.0.3; that version is already FOSE-Friendly "out-the-box" and comes equipped from GOG w/ mods already to fix performance stuff and so it actually runs w/out tinkering "out-the-box". So, you could run it vanilla or mod it up - choice is yours. I think this is the best place to start.

Also, for those buying F3 on GOG: this would be great idea to download those version 1.7.0.3 installers and them back 'em up, sticking them on external SSD, external HDD, thumb drive, DVD, BR, whatever - so you can always just reinstall that, if you need to...in case for some reason, Bethesda gives version 1.7.0.4 to GOG in the future.

For me, it's FOSE - I like my UI mods and Quickloot for F3 GOTY. They're essential to me.

EDIT:
I should note, I've had lots of problems w/ Epic-version of F3 GOTY, when trying to mod. Even w/ Anniversary Patcher, FOSE didn't always recognize my F3 GOTY install from Epic. Never had that problem w/ F3 GOTY from Steam, after Using anniversary Patcher.

Though, on W10 and W11 - I did have other problems w/ F3 and NV both, no matter what version I tried (Epic and Steam for F3, FNV with Steam, GOG for FNV, whatever). Namely, I had to run the game itself in windowed mode to get it to boot properly AND also had to use BLG (BorderLess Gaming App) running in the background & config BLG to notice F3 and NV on boot in its profile (i.e. just move the running game from left-pane to right-pane), so whenever BLG is running, it forces the game into BLG's pseudo full-screen feature.

I should note - BLG really is useful, when fullscreen out-the-box is broken. This is how I fix a lot of older games that don't like working in full-screen. I have to force the game into Windowed Mode on W10 and W11 and then use BLG to force the game into its own psuedo-fullscreen. Works great for Dungeon Siege 1 and 2, F3 and FNV, and especially Deus Ex: IW on PC.

Oh, the link for BLG - https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases/tag/9.5.6

Last edited:
Was wondering why this thread was so active. All talk defending how great PS is and how great multi-platform games of the past were. Irony has met its match.

I don't feel like it needs one at all. The Series X really made FO3 a lot better. Then again, people that don't have an Xbox wouldn't be able to play it. Not sure if FO3 got the treatment on PC but I don't see why it wouldn't.

I'm playing Fallout 3 on PS3 right now and holy cow it's rough. I started a whole new save just for the dlc and I'm still crashing every 10 minutes
If you have a Series S or X OR an Xbox One X and prefer the convenience of consoles, it's definitely the best way to play FO3. 4k, 60fps, and the 360 version was always the more stable console version to begin with. Series S thankfully runs enhancements for 360 games which got them (but not Xbox One games with X enhancements... it's very confusing).

I recall part of the issue with the PS3 was that the longer the playthrough, the bigger the save file became, and once it hit a certain size, became very unwieldy. I know it got some patches but it was never totally fixed.

If you have a Series S or X OR an Xbox One X and prefer the convenience of consoles, it's definitely the best way to play FO3. 4k, 60fps, and the 360 version was always the more stable console version to begin with. Series S thankfully runs enhancements for 360 games which got them (but not Xbox One games with X enhancements... it's very confusing).

I recall part of the issue with the PS3 was that the longer the playthrough, the bigger the save file became, and once it hit a certain size, became very unwieldy. I know it got some patches but it was never totally fixed.
That went for all Bethesda games on PS3, especially Skyrim that they gave up on ever fixing through patches after a year trying. That era was a good time to be a PC master race nerd.

Everyone here talking about God of War DLC and Fallout 3, and I'm over hear playing Forspoken. Yeah, ok, that is something I do now.

I'll just copy-paste my thoughts on it from the Japanese niche thread:

Started Forspoken on Christmas, which I got for $15 at Best Buy, and, um...I'm really enjoying it! I keep asking myself why people hated it so much, but then I remember I'm playing a heavily-patched version. I don't hate Frey at all (she's a New Yorker like me, she's going to curse her brains out at everything, it's like punctuation for us), though Cuff is kind of a dick. The world is huge and quite beautiful, but it does have that Ubisoft feel of "go to this map marker, then this one, then this one..." Combat is very fun, if a little repetitive, and the haptic feedback is great, but after long, intense battles, I do get a bit of the claw hands from mashing the triggers to attack. Music is pretty, kind of reminds me of the kind of background music you would hear in PS1/PS2-era Final Fantasy games. Story and characters are pretty basic, but I'm really enjoying the lore and worldbuilding. So far, I'd give it a 7/10 (though I have a very high tolerance for video game jank, so maybe it's more like a 6/10). It was clearly WAY too heavily-memed; a lot of the seemingly-terrible dialogue is actually not bad in context. If you were plopped into a fantasy world and were suddenly able to shoot magic and parkour in midair, what would you say? That's it's fucking awesome! So, I guess I'm totally the target audience for this game lol

Everyone here talking about God of War DLC and Fallout 3, and I'm over hear playing Forspoken. Yeah, ok, that is something I do now.
I beat Forspoken last week. It's a solid game. Combat starts slow, but It really opens up once you get the first Tanta's magic. The graphics and soundtrack are pretty good. I played on 40 fps mode. Frey is annoying as a character. Her dialog is absolutely horrible. She's like a 5 year old that just found out what cussing is. Her dynamic with cuff makes it less grating though. The world is big and beautiful, but the story only takes you to around half of it. If you stick to the story the game is actually really short & easy. The post game opens up the world & has some new difficult things to do. I paid $13 last month for it and enjoyed it. Honestly if Forspoken launched in it's fixed state I would consider it a good $50 game. Frey is awful though.

Last edited:
If you're playing the GoW Valhalla DLC, these maps that I found on reddit are very helpful. It's a lot easier if you try to go for the red rifts first due to the difficulty spike.

God_of_War_Valhalla_Map_Rifts_1.pngGod_of_War_Valhalla_Map_Rifts_2.png

Last edited:
The new CAG spoiler is just a blur now.

That’s… so dumb. Spoiler tags used to let you collapse a wall of text, large picture, or embedded videos so that you weren’t stretching the page. Embedded media has always been annoying on mobile since the page loads the text, then the spot where you last left off, then the page stretching media, leaving you scrolling to figure out where you actually last left off, and Cheapy didn’t bother fixing THAT in 4.0, I can tell you that for free. Taking away one of the few saving graces that helped manage that? Not happy about that.

[customspoiler=Do these even still work?]No, no they do not. Damn it, Cheapy.[/customspoiler]

It's a huge pain just from jumping to last unread. And then the few seconds later the Twitter and other crap loads and bumps the page down.

Good way to start out the new year, just got the platinum for Kena Bridge of Spirits. Really great game if you enjoy Zelda like exploration and souls like boss battles.

The new CAG spoiler is just a blur now.
FY7sjg.gif

Did the staff actually PLAY all top 10 nominees? Sites like IGN and Gamespot and Gamexplain put up best game of the year without the staff actually playing all the games which makes zero sense to me.
We've played all of the games on our individual lists, but not every game out there. We're not all well off or have the time to play everything, so we do what we can since we pay for most of them ourselves.

We've played all of the games on our individual lists, but not every game out there. We're not all well off or have the time to play everything, so we do what we can since we pay for most of them ourselves.
The top 10 games that were nominated this year. That's what I'm wondering if all of the people that voted on the games played. For instance, if someone didn't play Baldur's Gate 3 or tears of the kingdom, they shouldn't be able to vote on that top 10 list since they didn't play two of the games.
If you click the link you'll have your answer.
I did click on the link. That still doesn't answer the question if everyone that voted actually played all 10 of the games. They said they were 29 games and they narrowed it down to 10 but again, did every single person that voted in these top 10 games actually play and beat all of the 10 games?

The top 10 games that were nominated this year. That's what I'm wondering if all of the people that voted on the games played. For instance, if someone didn't play Baldur's Gate 3 or tears of the kingdom, they shouldn't be able to vote on that top 10 list since they didn't play two of the games.

I did click on the link. That still doesn't answer the question if everyone that voted actually played all 10 of the games. They said they were 29 games and they narrowed it down to 10 but again, did every single person that voted in these top 10 games actually play and beat all of the 10 games?
I think the way they do it is they all make their own top 10 list (of which they obviously played all 10) and an overall top 10 list is made for the site based on common games on each list amongst the staff.

bread's done
Back