Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Gran Turismo 7 PS5 is $39.99 and $29.99 for PS4 at Amazon, Target and Gamestop. Here is the amazon link. I will be getting it at Target.
I have read amazing things about this game for PSVR2 so I'm excited to check it out. There are other games on sale too like God of War Ragnorak, Jedi Survivor so check out the list on Target.com.

Looks like it's also on sale for $39.89 in the PSN store. I bought a disc at Target. Installing it now.

Last edited:
Highlights from the new additions to the Holiday Sale:
New Lows

Highlights from the new additions to the Holiday Sale:
New Lows
Added to the main post.

I'm totally going to end up buying the Legion of Dawn Edition of Anthem for no good reason... considering I already have the regular edition.

Telltale’s The Expanse is at an all-time low ($14.99) right now, if anyone cares. It just seemed to drop off the face of the earth as soon as it came out and the rebooted studio is once again struggling, but it’s a good, complete telltale game and the Expanse is the best sci-fi anything these days.

Telltale’s The Expanse is at an all-time low ($14.99) right now, if anyone cares. It just seemed to drop off the face of the earth as soon as it came out and the rebooted studio is once again struggling, but it’s a good, complete telltale game and the Expanse is the best sci-fi anything these days.
I've always love the old telltale games. Never seen the expanse though. Would I need to have seen it to enjoy it?

I've always love the old telltale games. Never seen the expanse though. Would I need to have seen it to enjoy it?

Yeah probably, unfortunately. They even got a few of the actors to reprise their roles, so it’s very much an extension of the show. The events in the game take place before the show though, so if you were planning on binging it eventually the game could act like sort of a prequel to it or maybe even get you interested in watching. But so much of the enjoyment of the game is being able to play as fan favorite Drummer and see what she was up to before the show. There is also a DLC episode where you control another beloved character, and that one especially feels like something made for longtime fans.

That doesn’t sound that weird. Bill Nye, Elvira, Scarecrow (from Batman), and Scooby Doo, that was a weird crossover.
I've never heard of that one but Scooby-Doo is basically known for its weird crossovers though. I'm shocked globe trotters weren't present.

Yeah probably, unfortunately. They even got a few of the actors to reprise their roles, so it’s very much an extension of the show. The events in the game take place before the show though, so if you were planning on binging it eventually the game could act like sort of a prequel to it or maybe even get you interested in watching. But so much of the enjoyment of the game is being able to play as fan favorite Drummer and see what she was up to before the show. There is also a DLC episode where you control another beloved character, and that one especially feels like something made for longtime fans.

Looks like it is better to buy the Deluxe edition since that includes the DLC

anybody else getting duplicate messages about games being on sale from your wishlist from the app? i think it has told me alan wake 2 is on sale about a dozen times today and the game has been on sale for 2 weeks

Completed the main story of Forspoken last night and what a fun ride. I was seriously invested in the narrative at the end, even if I did predict a lot of the twists (but it was stuff I wanted to happen, so it's all good). Very happy I got the DLC since I want to see more of the story and lore. It's not on sale right now, but the Digital Deluxe Upgrade is, and that includes the DLC along with the digital OST and art book. It's $10 vs $12.49 for just the DLC, so hey, $2.49 savings. As I've said before, it's probably a solid 7/10 game, but my personal score would be closer to an 8/10 due to it having a lot of gameplay and exploration mechanics I really like. Can't wait to spend the weekend cleaning up the map and then jumping into that DLC story.

Completed the main story of Forspoken last night and what a fun ride. I was seriously invested in the narrative at the end, even if I did predict a lot of the twists (but it was stuff I wanted to happen, so it's all good). Very happy I got the DLC since I want to see more of the story and lore. It's not on sale right now, but the Digital Deluxe Upgrade is, and that includes the DLC along with the digital OST and art book. It's $10 vs $12.49 for just the DLC, so hey, $2.49 savings. As I've said before, it's probably a solid 7/10 game, but my personal score would be closer to an 8/10 due to it having a lot of gameplay and exploration mechanics I really like. Can't wait to spend the weekend cleaning up the map and then jumping into that DLC story.
Been debating getting it on sale, but waiting for it to drop lower lol

Forspoken feels like fodder for a more expensive Humble Bundle. I was going to pick it up for $15 or whatever it went for over the holidays, but it was sold out. I think I'm only getting one more thing the current sale, which is likely the most current Trails game.

anybody else getting duplicate messages about games being on sale from your wishlist from the app? i think it has told me alan wake 2 is on sale about a dozen times today and the game has been on sale for 2 weeks
I am, but not on the app. Every time I turned on my PS5 and every time I stopped playing a game, I got a notification that the Season Pass for Stranger of Paradise is on sale. This happened all day yesterday, I haven't checked today.

I am, but not on the app. Every time I turned on my PS5 and every time I stopped playing a game, I got a notification that the Season Pass for Stranger of Paradise is on sale. This happened all day yesterday, I haven't checked today.
it's weird, it is every 5 minutes now, or it was before i just decided to take alan wake 2 off my wish list and that solved the problem. i guess this is high pressure sales in digital times.

Forspoken is feels like something that will end up on the PlayStation + Extra tier at some point.

I just finished Sea of Stars and am struggling to see why it was so highly rated. The writing is not great, one character is annoying as hell, the 2 mains are interchangeable and besides obsessing over the annoying character have no other personality traits, and battles became a chore. Very glad I didn’t buy it and just played it on Extra.

Forspoken feels like fodder for a more expensive Humble Bundle. I was going to pick it up for $15 or whatever it went for over the holidays, but it was sold out. I think I'm only getting one more thing the current sale, which is likely the most current Trails game.
I agree, also waiting for Forspoken to crater further.

Ive played through Reverie a few times now, both the JP version with fan translation and this year's release. The gameplay is a step up and the best version of the Cold Steel era formula. The story is a mix of good & bad. Basically an extension of CSIV ideas and level of narrative quality. But at least the bad doesn't drag out for as long as it did in CSIV. Most people who really like Sky the 3rd really enjoy Reverie.

Not only am I getting the same notification every 5 minutes, but I took the offending game off my wishlist and the app is still pestering me to buy it. 😆

Can someone explain how these PSN sales work price wise? For example, Moss book 1&2 bundle was $19.19 in October and again in November. It's currently on sale for $20.79. There will be another Spring sale. If the game is on sale again during that time, what price will it be? Does the price gradually increase during the year and then get discounted later in the year only to go back up during the next sale? A fisherman's tale was the cheapest it's ever been in May 2023. Why didn't that game get cheaper over the holidays? Is it just random for every sale?

Much like Steam sales PSN and other long term sales during Winter generally give some generically decent price for sale. It usually isn't the lowest of the low, but low enough to entice some sales. To give an example PSN has Golden Week sales and generally gives pretty good prices for Japanese and other niche games. Some of those games are higher in the current sale, though most are around their lowest. Some games just get stuck on prices and don't go much higher or lower than them.

I'm not surprised, but even IGN didn't have great things to say about Suicide Squad.

January PS Plus - Extra and Premium Games
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (PS4, PS5)
Resident Evil 2 (PS4, PS5)
Hardspace: Shipbreaker (PS5)
LEGO City Undercover (PS4)
Just Cause 3 (PS4)
Session: Skate Sim (PS4, PS5)
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (PS4)
Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong (PS4, PS5)
Surviving the Aftermath (PS4)

PS Premium - Classic Games
Rally Cross (PS4, PS5)
Star Wars: Episode 1 The Phantom Menace (PS4, PS5)
Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Collection (PS4)
Legend of Mana (PS4)
Secret of Mana (PS4)

I'm playing Tiny Tina's Wonderlands with my gf and it's great (we beat the game and are doing the DLC and working on the Chaos Chamber). I loved Borderlands, bought the BL2 with the season pass and put it aside at some point and never went back. This was my first BL game since then, and it's a blast.

I'm also excited to see Lego City Undercover. I played part of it on the Switch but never finished it. I've considered it on sale a few times, but I don't know when I'll get around to it.

I'll have to check out the others, but it looks like a good month for me with the essential and extra games.

I'm playing Tiny Tina's Wonderlands with my gf and it's great (we beat the game and are doing the DLC and working on the Chaos Chamber). I loved Borderlands, bought the BL2 with the season pass and put it aside at some point and never went back. This was my first BL game since then, and it's a blast.
I've been playing it on the PC and enjoying it. It's a fun twist on BL and the voice acting has had me laughing more than a few times.
I'm also excited to see Lego City Undercover. I played part of it on the Switch but never finished it. I've considered it on sale a few times, but I don't know when I'll get around to it.
I finished the game on the WiiU and absolutely loved it. Such a fun game, the loading times are the worst though... ugh.

I've been playing it on the PC and enjoying it. It's a fun twist on BL and the voice acting has had me laughing more than a few times.

I finished the game on the WiiU and absolutely loved it. Such a fun game, the loading times are the worst though... ugh.

Lego City Undercover on WiiU holds the record for longest loading times ever. Great game though. One of my favorites and plays best on next gen consoles. Highly recommended.

That's right, it was on the Wii U! I think it was one of the few games I played on it. Hopefully the load times are better on the PS5.

bread's done
Back