Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
However, fighting through a European city with bombs exploding stone buildings looking for bad guys to kill really makes me want a remake of Resistance:Fall of Man. Insomniac reamkes TLOU a near infinite amount of times. Just give us one remake of Resistance.

Been selling some of my discs and it's annoying that you can't buy digital copies of the Resistance and Killzone PS3 games.

Will wait for it to be free or included in pass, its a SIDE SCROLLER with way too much dialogue, how in 2024 you cant make this game like Assassins Creed, that would have been awesome. pass.
This is a dumb take. Prince of Persia actually started as a side scroller! The game is getting great reviews. Not every game can have a behemoth $300 million dollar budget. A 3D Prince of Persia is already in development but it had to be rebooted since the original dev team wasn't qualified enough for the project. It's an Ubisoft game, either wait a couple of months and it'll be on sale for 80% off or subscribe for a month of Ubisoft+ and you can knock out Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed Mirage and Avatar Frontiers of Pandora all within a month.

I remember reading Popular Science magazines back in the day showing how we'd all be driving aroung in flying cars by 2024 and yet here we are...

Technically not a side scroller. The screen does not scroll in original PoP.
26ufdipQqU2lhNA4g.webp

I'm enjoying the story of FF16 although it is the least Final Fantasy game I've ever played. I know 15 didn't have much of a story but I really got to fight a lot of monsters on the road.
The last 1/3 of the game is a big disappointment from the rest of the game, tbh. They obviously needed to wrap it up but it feels like it goes off the rails compared to the more grounded rest of the game.
100% agree here. I greatly enjoyed XVI for a while, even with how cutscene-heavy it was since the story was very good. But, the lack of real RPG elements and exploration really started to wear on me and at around the last third/quarter, the story completely falls off a cliff. It very much was a game that needed to end several hours before it did. Overall, I enjoyed XV more. XV had a weaker story, but I connected to the characters more (the final scenes with the bros hit me right in the feels). Plus, while it was quite different from previous FF games, it at least still felt like one, albeit a very modern take on the series. XVI is too modern, to the point that it feels more like a spin-off than a numbered entry.

I picked up Astronite (PS5) for $10 at gamestop last week. It's a challenging, but fun little Metriod like game with a retro visual style. Definitely give it a try if you can. It's was a 5 hour platinum. There were some fun little surprises in there for old school gamers too. Had a big smile on my face.

I finished Kena last month and I would say it have a lot of mixed elements from many different games. I am not a very skilled gamer and thought although some of the boss battle could be challenging it is nowhere challenging or hard as I think people make it to be. Boss battle felt like the old school bosses where you just have to learn the different pattern with each new boss encounter. I thought the optional bosses in God of War and GoW Ragnarök were more difficult and challenging.

The boss battles were the trickiest part of the game, but not super difficult or anything.

I will say that I turned down the difficulty to easy for the final boss battle mainly because I found it to be overly long and annoying, something like three phases long (with interstitial bits) where death made you repeat way too much, especially when trying to learn what the deal was in a given later phase. Zero regrets about that.

Is anyone actually wanting another Assassin's Creed, or for more games to be more like Assassin's Creed?
I thought AC Mirage was great last year, a nice return to the original format of the series. I wouldn’t mind more like Mirage, but the open-world settings (Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla) are just too big for me.

I picked up Astronite (PS5) for $10 at gamestop last week. It's a challenging, but fun little Metriod like game with a retro visual style. Definitely give it a try if you can. It's was a 5 hour platinum. There were some fun little surprises in there for old school gamers too. Had a big smile on my face.

Hey, thanks for calling this out! Looks like it could be cool/fun and a good use of my $5 Pro cert that will probably expire otherwise. Just have to find a copy in stock somewhere.

I'm playing through AC Mirage right now and I'm actually really enjoying it, but I have basically played this game before with the ezio trilogy and other earlier assassin's creed games. It doesn't really do anything new or exciting, but in typical Ubisoft fashion if you can get it cheap it's a fun game I'd you like the old games. If they had just come out with an assassin's creed game last year I probably wouldn't have touched this one. I'd really like to see these games have more of a purpose whether that's a big gameplay change or story shift.

I'm enjoying the story of FF16 although it is the least Final Fantasy game I've ever played. I know 15 didn't have much of a story but I really got to fight a lot of monsters on the road.

However, fighting through a European city with bombs exploding stone buildings looking for bad guys to kill really makes me want a remake of Resistance:Fall of Man. Insomniac reamkes TLOU a near infinite amount of times. Just give us one remake of Resistance.

Actually, Naughty Dog is the creator of TLOU

Is anyone actually wanting another Assassin's Creed, or for more games to be more like Assassin's Creed?
I actually really like the Assassin's Creed games. Something about clearing all of the little markers off the map makes my brain happy. I can admit that the newer titles can be almost too lengthy, to where they start to overstay their welcome, so I know they're definitely not for everyone. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with their Japanese AC game, or if it's just going to make me wish I was playing Ghost of Tsushima instead.

I stand by the sentiment, my Spider-brother.

It's too important of a IP to be left by the wayside. We should also get remakes of Infamous 1, SSX, Sly Cooper and the other Ratchet games.

Seems like a first party Sony FPS game would be welcome change from all the open world games and action adventure games we see from Sony... hell.. what was the last FPS game from a Sony studio? Killzone Shadow Fall? It seems like Insomniac can juggle multiple franchises just fine so it's surprising that they haven't done something with Resistance in so long even with everything else they got going on. HOLY SHIT make a Resistance VR game, that would be dope.

Speaking of things we'd love to see... I saw a pop-up on the CAG front page for Order 1886 and it just got me thinking, how much I'd love a sequel to that game. Yeah it was only 6 hours, mostly cut-scene game but man, it was an awesome experience. Sucks it got so much backlash at release due to the price tag (which I agree was too high). Might have been a different story if they priced it at $30 or something but guessing Sony marketing didn't want that since it might make people think it's a budget title... too bad really. Ready At Dawn made some awesome games on the PSP too.

To be fair if you aren't call of duty or halo it's not making a bazillion rupees. So I can see why they stopped and moved on to the next trend.

Though according to Google killzone liberation was rerelease for premium.

100% agree here. I greatly enjoyed XVI for a while, even with how cutscene-heavy it was since the story was very good. But, the lack of real RPG elements and exploration really started to wear on me and at around the last third/quarter, the story completely falls off a cliff. It very much was a game that needed to end several hours before it did. Overall, I enjoyed XV more. XV had a weaker story, but I connected to the characters more (the final scenes with the bros hit me right in the feels). Plus, while it was quite different from previous FF games, it at least still felt like one, albeit a very modern take on the series. XVI is too modern, to the point that it feels more like a spin-off than a numbered entry.
At this point I've owned both FFXV and FFXVI at one point but played neither. . .which I don't really have a solid explanation for TBH. I think maybe games like Souls, Dragon's Dogma, and FFXIV all ruined the SP nature of FF games for me in that each has MP components. But then again, I 100% FFVIIR so nostalgia at least stands the test of time for me. Maybe FFXIII and that series just soured me to the idea of ever having a good FF experience again from new mainline games. I honestly don't know. What I can say for certain is SE has absolutely pissed me off with their inconsistent release platforms and playing guessing games of where, or when, a game will come out.

Also, I'm losing my mind right now remembering there was an actual pre-order up for FF7R on Xbox that came with the previous game + integrade. Now I can't find that listing so I'm not even sure what I was remembering. Did it get pulled, or was it only suggested it would be going up and never did?

Last edited:
Remember, during Microsoft's battle to acquire Activision Blizzard, Sony argued that they needed access to Call of Duty on their platforms because they would never be able to make an FPS as popular to compete with it, and existing IPs such as Battlefield also wouldn't be up to the task. However true that may or may not be, they threw all of their developers (and many third party developers) under the bus saying that, as well as poor Battlefield (which, to be fair, has never been shittier after 2042 broke all of our hearts). As long as CoD is still on Playstation, Sony isn't going to even make an attempt to develop a similar FPS. We may get old Killzone/Resistance ports and remasters, but a brand new game in either franchise or, God forbid, a new multiplayer FPS IP, may never happen, at least not for a very long time.

There is a new multiplayer FPS IP, Concord, that is scheduled to be released in 2024.

To put thing in perspective, Killzone and Resistance combined did not sell anywhere close to Halo 3 numbers, which Halo 3 was the peak of the series, and currently Nintendo and Sony 1st parties games has been selling more copies within their first year of release than what Halo 3 has sold in its sale lifetime.

I enjoyed Resistance 2 and 3, but kind of understood why there isn't a sequel or port, especially since those games were also released on the PS3.

Last edited:
You might be remembering a rumor or something because that never happened.
I think what happened was the whole 'amends' at the Xbox showcase where it was heavily suggested those games would be making their way back. Then the preorders for FF7R went up with digital copies in tow and I balked in hopes the same would come to MS. I think this is a byproduct of only being interested in what's releasing on Game Pass next, caring nothing for what games are releasing otherwise until they do.

There is a new multiplayer FPS IP, Concord, that is scheduled to be released in 2024.

To put thing in perspective, Killzone and Resistance combined did not sell anywhere close to Halo 3 numbers, which Halo 3 was the peak of the series, and currently Nintendo and Sony 1st parties games has been selling more copies within their first year of release than what Halo 3 has sold in its sale lifetime.

I enjoyed Resistance 2 and 3, but kind of understood why there isn't a sequel or port, especially since those games were also released on the PS3.
Ok, hadn't heard of that one. We'll see if it lasts more than year.

And yes, Halo was dominating that console generation, but it, like Battlefield, has fallen to horrific developer choices. Two former FPS titans ground up by the Call of Duty machine. Sony isn't going to take any kind of risk by trying to dethrone CoD, we all know that. I just wanted to point out that they admitted no one, least of all them, could compete with CoD as a way of keeping the franchise on Playstation. It was an expected move, but it rubs me the wrong way to see the company have so little faith in their own dev teams. Honestly, it's thinking like this that allows CoD to stay on top with its annual lowest effort possible, but truly competing with it requires the kind of resources few companies would be willing to spend.

I think we should at least get remasters of Killzone and Resistance, just because it'd be easy money for Sony. Throw in the first two Infamous games so we'll finally have modern access to the majority of great PS3 exclusives.

Ok, hadn't heard of that one. We'll see if it lasts more than year.

And yes, Halo was dominating that console generation, but it, like Battlefield, has fallen to horrific developer choices. Two former FPS titans ground up by the Call of Duty machine. Sony isn't going to take any kind of risk by trying to dethrone CoD, we all know that. I just wanted to point out that they admitted no one, least of all them, could compete with CoD as a way of keeping the franchise on Playstation. It was an expected move, but it rubs me the wrong way to see the company have so little faith in their own dev teams. Honestly, it's thinking like this that allows CoD to stay on top with its annual lowest effort possible, but truly competing with it requires the kind of resources few companies would be willing to spend.

I think we should at least get remasters of Killzone and Resistance, just because it'd be easy money for Sony. Throw in the first two Infamous games so we'll finally have modern access to the majority of great PS3 exclusives.

I would not say have little faith, but most likely their own developers wanted to do something different. Like Guerrilla Games with Horizon and Insomniac with the Spider-man games. We see it with Bungie and how they wanted to leave a very successful Halo franchise behind to do something else.

It's been a while, but Sony did not owned Insomniac at that time and asked Insomniac if they wanted to work with them to make a Spider-Man game.

Last edited:
I wanted want to say lose faith but most likely their own developers wanted to do something different. Like Guerrilla Games with Horizon and Insomniac with the Spider-man games. We seen it with Bungie and how they wanted to leave a very successful Halo franchise behind to do something else.

It's been awhile, but Sony did not owned Insomniac at that time and asked Insomniac if they wanted to work with them to make a Spider-Man game.
Yeah, it's totally fair if a developer wants to do something different. I just meant that if any of Sony's first party devs wanted to try and make a great FPS (or revive one of their old ones), they were basically just told by the big bosses that they shouldn't even try. Just for that reason, I hope Concord does well.
You know what we REALLY need? is more multiplayer online shooters.

because lord knows we don't have enough of those. being developed in the west.

If there's one problem the gaming industry has is that there is no room for another shooter to compete. 🤡
Oh, I hear that. You know that game The Finals? I hate how it's getting so much attention because its voice acting is done by AI and I don't think we should be supporting that. We have plenty of vapid, multiplayer FPS games, enough that we don't need to be supporting The Finals. But, I don't want to open up that can of worms lol

PS Plus Extra and Premium games go live today:
  • Hardspace: Shipbreaker (PS5, added 16th January)
  • Just Cause 3 (PS4, added 16th January)
  • LEGO City Undercover (PS4, added 16th January)
  • Resident Evil 2 (PS4, PS5, added 16th January)
  • Session: Skate Sim (PS4, PS5, added 16th January)
  • Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (PS4, added 16th January)
  • Surviving the Aftermath (PS4, added 16th January)
  • Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - Next-Level Edition (PS4, PS5, added 16th January)
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong (PS4, PS5, added 16th January)
Premium
  • Legend of Mana (From the PS1 and on PS4, added 16th January)
  • Rally Cross (From the PS1 and on PS4, PS5, added 16th January)
  • Secret of Mana (PS4 remaster, added 16th January)
  • Star Wars: Episode 1 The Phantom Menace (From the PS1 and on PS4, PS5, added 16th January)
  • Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Collection (PS4, added 16th January)

Yeah, it's totally fair if a developer wants to do something different. I just meant that if any of Sony's first party devs wanted to try and make a great FPS (or revive one of their old ones), they were basically just told by the big bosses that they shouldn't even try. Just for that reason, I hope Concord does well.
Watched the trailer to Concord, tells me nothing about the game...could be a space shooter (I know it says it isn't jsut saying)

. I also understand the idea about not supporting A.I., but the other side is that if it helps developers keep their costs down maybe the consumer cost of video games will stay put

Also someone please talk me off the edge of buying Prince of Persia knowing full well in 3 weeks Ubi will chop that price in half like they seem to always do lol

Also someone please talk me off the edge of buying Prince of Persia knowing full well in 3 weeks Ubi will chop that price in half like they seem to always do lol
I've been really interested in that one, but I have a feeling this one might have some legs to stay at a higher price for a bit due to the great buzz that it has. Of course, every UBISoft title does drop in price in about 6 months when they release their next "big" game.

That's not talking me off the edge and telling me to be patient (so mad when Mirage was discounted right away, feel like I should know better) :p
Based on the number of games in my collection, I'm not the best person to talk to about telling someone NOT to buy a game. :LOL:

Also, with the game releasing at a $50 price point, it might stay there for a bit longer... but I wouldn't be shocked to see it on sale for $30 within the first 6 months of release.

I'm in the same boat with Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth. I keep telling myself I have plenty of other things to play and I don't need it right away. If I'm going to play it now and the money isn't an issue, I don't mind paying full price. Time is more of a problem for me at this point, so I'd rather spend it playing the games I want to play.

I really wanted Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora but I decided to wait for a sale and about two weeks after release I got it for $39.99 at BBY.
POP Lost Crown will go on sale. It will happen. Give it like two - three weeks.

I thought AC Mirage was great last year, a nice return to the original format of the series. I wouldn’t mind more like Mirage, but the open-world settings (Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla) are just too big for me.

I'm playing through AC Mirage right now and I'm actually really enjoying it, but I have basically played this game before with the ezio trilogy and other earlier assassin's creed games. It doesn't really do anything new or exciting, but in typical Ubisoft fashion if you can get it cheap it's a fun game I'd you like the old games. If they had just come out with an assassin's creed game last year I probably wouldn't have touched this one. I'd really like to see these games have more of a purpose whether that's a big gameplay change or story shift.
I just finished AC Mirage and hope there will be some DLC. Yes it just like some of the older games but was really fun going back to a stealth based AC. A friend and I were talking about what would be next and I think a Samurai version would be cool.

You know what we REALLY need? is more multiplayer online shooters.

because lord knows we don't have enough of those. being developed in the west.

If there's one problem the gaming industry has is that there is no room for another shooter to compete. 🤡
Same can be said for remasters of games just 3 years old. I can't fathom why people would hand out 10/10's again for a game they already reviewed. Shouldn't the review be of the remaster itself? I think scrolling headlines I only saw one review that actually did that and gave it a 4/10 because it's such an obvious stopgap money-grab. The perfect score reviews all touched on the noticeable upgrades, but lamented the game already looked incredible on PS4 Pro.

FFS GoW got that free update that arguably adds more to the gameplay than this $10 wrapper.

Same can be said for remasters of games just 3 years old. I can't fathom why people would hand out 10/10's again for a game they already reviewed. Shouldn't the review be of the remaster itself? I think scrolling headlines I only saw one review that actually did that and gave it a 4/10 because it's such an obvious stopgap money-grab. The perfect score reviews all touched on the noticeable upgrades, but lamented the game already looked incredible on PS4 Pro.

FFS GoW got that free update that arguably adds more to the gameplay than this $10 wrapper.

Reviewers will never turn down the chance to give a LoU thing a perfect score. Game, tv show episode, meaningless upgrade, whatever it is, they’re not going to miss the chance to tell you its unparalleled artistry cures cancer and ends world hunger.

Watched the trailer to Concord, tells me nothing about the game...could be a space shooter (I know it says it isn't jsut saying)

. I also understand the idea about not supporting A.I., but the other side is that if it helps developers keep their costs down maybe the consumer cost of video games will stay put

Sure. In three weeks Ubisoft will chop the price of Prince of Persia in half to 50%. So don't buy it right now.

bread's done
Back