Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Just finished FF 7: Rebirth. Fantastic game & a hell of a ride. I had a 74 hour playthrough. Thats skipping half of the side quests/activities. Not going to go for the platinum right a way. Seems daunting. 9/10

Just finished FF 7: Rebirth. Fantastic game & a hell of a ride. I had a 74 hour playthrough. Thats skipping half of the side quests/activities. Not going to go for the platinum right a way. Seems daunting. 9/10
I have had exactly 1 hour for gaming since that game was released. I have no idea how people can make that much time for it.

Glad you enjoyed it as much as you did though!

If a game runs reasonably fine on the PS4, it's fine if a PS4 copy comes out. Now some newer only PS5 stuff may not run as well, so that for sure should be PS5 only. Stuff like the niche stuff will likely keep the PS4 going for a while more. The prices for the system are very decent right now though for people to join the PS5 generation. If I wasn't an early adopter I would be buying one now.

If a game runs reasonably fine on the PS4, it's fine if a PS4 copy comes out. Now some newer only PS5 stuff may not run as well, so that for sure should be PS5 only. Stuff like the niche stuff will likely keep the PS4 going for a while more. The prices for the system are very decent right now though for people to join the PS5 generation. If I wasn't an early adopter I would be buying one now.
That, and since PS4 games work on PS5s, from a business standpoint, there's no reason not to release a PS4 version or only a PS4 version if the game gains nothing or little from running on a PS5.

We're in a very weird console generation right now. I don't think two generations have ever been this close in power and capability.

It makes me feel like Sony will release a handheld that plays all PS4 games
Given the success of the Portal, I don’t think it’s too crazy to think they might be planning, or at the very least considering, a second/pro version with storage and processing power to handle downloads of PS4 games. I’m not counting on it at this point, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it happened either.

NBA 2K24 Kobe Bryant Edition | PS4, PS5

Play as your favorite NBA and WNBA teams in NBA 2K24, with fully up-to-date rosters and legendary historic teams. Showcase your deep arsenal of moves, with revamped interior defense and dribble combo controls for more rewarding and responsive skill-based gameplay. Grab your squad and enjoy pure, authentic hoops action across a variety of modes, including limitless personalized MyPlayer options in MyCareer. Collect an impressive array of legends and build your perfect line-up in MyTeam and more.

Marvel’s Midnight Suns | PS4, PS5

Fight alongside seasoned superheroes and supernatural warriors in this exciting tactical RPG. Marvel’s Midnight Suns is a new tactical RPG set in the darker side of the Marvel Universe. Team up – and live among – the Midnight Suns, as you battle against demonic forces of the underworld to stop Lilith, Mother of Demons from resurrecting her master Chthon. Pushed to the brink, The Avengers team up with the Midnight Suns – Ghost Rider, Magik, Blade and Nico Minoru – to desperately revive the Hunter, a legendary hero and forsaken child to Lilith. In the face of fallen allies and the fate of the world at stake, it will be up to you to rise up against the darkness!

Resident Evil 3 | PS4, PS5

Relive the horrifying downfall of Raccoon City in a stunning reimagining of the 1999 survival horror classic. In the nightmarish hours leading up to and following the events of Resident Evil 2, only you can help surviving S.T.A.R.S. officer Jill Valentine escape a city beset by a gruesome viral outbreak. But zombies aren’t the only threat out for your blood. The towering, near-indestructible bioweapon, Nemesis T-Type, is also on the hunt. This brutal monstrosity uses an arsenal of high-powered weaponry to relentlessly pursue you across Raccoon City, meaning nowhere is truly safe.

LEGO DC Supervillains | PS4

It’s good to be bad… Embark on an all-new DC/LEGO adventure by becoming the best villain the universe has seen. Players will create and play as an all-new super-villain throughout the game, unleashing mischievous antics and wreaking havoc in an action-packed story. Set in an open world experience within the DC universe, the Justice League has disappeared, leaving Earth’s protection to their counterparts, who have proclaimed themselves as the ‘Justice Syndicate’. It’s up to you and a crazy group of misfits to uncover the intentions of Earth’s new, strange, wannabe superheroes. Joined by renowned DC Super-Villains: The Joker, Harley Quinn, and countless others from the Injustice League, players will set out on an epic adventure.

Mystic Pillars: Remastered | PS5

Mystic Pillars is a unique blend of intriguing puzzles and an immersive storyline set in Ancient India. The game is a reimagination of the Indian traditional board game – “Ali Guli Mane” or the internationally known variant “Mancala”. Play as a mysterious traveller whose journey across the world lands you in the Kingdom of Zampi. Resolve the drought plaguing the once-prosperous Kingdom of Zampi by solving puzzles and destroying the magical pillars blocking the water. This remastered version presents the hand-drawn artwork in vivid 4K, and offers an improved UI and cutscene art. The game is greatly influenced and inspired by Hampi – a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and Indian culture. Mystic Pillars is available in 21 languages and showcases lesser-known languages like Telugu, Kannada, Tamil, Catalan, etc. Experience the story with voiceovers in Kannada – an Indian language, or English.

Blood Bowl 3 | PS4, PS5

The iconic death sport returns with the new video game of fantasy football faithfully using the latest board game rules and new content. Crush your way to the top and leave your opponents in the graveyard, taking control of a team from 12 factions, each with its own unique characteristics. Create players; customize their appearance, emblems and armor; recruit cheerleaders and your coach; then compete in the fiercest competitions in the Old World. Enjoy a single player campaign or compete against other players online.

Super Neptunia RPG | PS4

This side-scrolling action RPG is set in a meta-world where gorgeous 2D rules supreme, leaving you to team up with three other goddesses to fight back in the name of 3D. Leap between platforms, explore dungeons and take on foes in turn-based battles. Change up your attack style by switching the leader of your four-strong party, then strengthen your Goddesses by utilizing Skills and Abilities that can be unlocked with weapons, armor, or accessories.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot* | PS5

Relive the story of Goku and other Z Fighters in this action RPG based on the successful anime and manga series. Explore the new areas and adventures as you advance through the story and form powerful bonds with other heroes from the Dragon Ball Z universe.

*The PS4 version of Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is already available on PlayStation Plus Game Catalog.

PlayStation Premium | Classics

Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier | PS4, PS5

Jak and Daxter are back in an adventure that picks up the action where the previous trilogy left off. Whether battling Sky Pirates in a customizable aircraft or blasting Aeropans with the punishing Gunstaff, their journey will take them beyond the edge of the Brink – and into a war bigger than they could have imagined. Originally released for PSP, this enhanced version includes up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters.

Cool Boarders | PS4, PS5

Experience the PS1 snowboarding racer, enhanced to include up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters. Carve, shred and catch air down five alpine tracks, choosing from 10 hardcore snowboards, each with its own unique attributes and design. Battle yourself for better runs using Ghost Data.

Gods Eater Burst | PS4, PS5

Aragami, unknown life-forms, have suddenly appeared. These predators eat and destroy everything in their path, including the homes of humans who are left helpless. In this dire situation, the biochemical organization, Fenrir, has succeeded in developing a bioweapon created from Aragami cells. This weapon is known as God Arc and is used by special warriors referred to as God Eaters. On the verge of extinction, humanity has now found the only means to fight back against the Aragami. Form teams of up to 4 players and cooperate to fight against the Aragami in this high-speed hunting action game.

Originally released for PSP, this enhanced version includes up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy | PS4

Become Phoenix Wright and experience the thrill of battle as you fight to save your innocent clients in a court of law in the classic courtroom adventure series. Play all 14 episodes, spanning the first three games, in one gorgeous collection. Solve the intriguing mysteries behind each case and witness the final truth for yourself.

JoJos Bizarre Adventure AllStar Battle R

Charismatic heroes, a striking art style, and unforgettable catch phrases return in another installment of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. Based on the All Star Battle system released in 2014, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle R reinvigorates the gameplay experience with adjustments to the fighting tempo and the addition of hit stops and jump dashes. With new audio recordings from the animated series’ Part 6 voice actors, the full atmosphere of the internationally beloved anime is realized. Both fans of the original All Star Battle and newcomers will be able to enjoy the experience.

We are happy to announce that, starting April 1st, My Hero Academia Season 1 will be available on Sony Pictures Core to PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe members. Additionally, we are pleased to share that select series from Crunchyroll will be available to PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe via Sony Pictures Core in the following additional regions starting March 13th: Mexico, Spain, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and France. PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe members have access to a curated catalog of 100 movies to watch on demand from Sony Pictures Core and curated content from Crunchyroll will be included.**

Given the success of the Portal, I don’t think it’s too crazy to think they might be planning, or at the very least considering, a second/pro version with storage and processing power to handle downloads of PS4 games. I’m not counting on it at this point, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it happened either.
If they do, it will be a mistake again. Success of the Portal is a misnomer because while it tends to be sold out everywhere, there weren't exactly a lot to go around. Sony was surprised by demand but I think they're right to keep supply at it's current rate. A ramp up in production will eventually flatten as demand is met. This is certainly not the situation of when PS5/XSX landed.

Essential Picks sale is live (ends 3/28 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

Hades 50% off Deal of the Week (ends 3/21 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

Deku Deals

New Lows

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is $29.99

Last edited:
Essential Picks sale is live (ends 3/28 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

Hades 50% off Deal of the Week (ends 3/21 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

Deku Deals

New Lows
Thanks for the updates, Frisky!

It makes me feel like Sony will release a handheld that plays all PS4 games

I don't care what they'd do when the focus would obviously have to center around digital libraries. That's not how I roll.

Anyone is going to fail if you try to copy what Switch is doing, but do a worse job. Or try to emulate an inferior version of Gamepass. Gaming ecosystems are already fragmented and their populations more splintered than ever. There is not additional opportunity somewhere, as all three systems and the Steam Deck are doing a good job with their audiences.

If you want to launch a new handheld that's going to force customers to re-buy everything then you're going to have a bad time. it's the same issue that's going to force the Switch 2 to play Switch 1 carts. Or else Nintendo would be starting all over again at zero.

I actually started Midnight Suns before we got it for free! I also got the edition with the DLC, so not a complete waste of money at least. I like the game quite a bit, love the gameplay, lukewarm on the social/school aspects, and there seem to be way too many resources, but don't want to miss anything so I'm not skipping them. Only have Deadpool from the DLC so far, but he's great.

I actually started Midnight Suns before we got it for free! I also got the edition with the DLC, so not a complete waste of money at least. I like the game quite a bit, love the gameplay, lukewarm on the social/school aspects, and there seem to be way too many resources, but don't want to miss anything so I'm not skipping them. Only have Deadpool from the DLC so far, but he's great.

I’m playing through it now too thanks to it being in a humble choice bundle, and yeah the deckbuilding and battle system are divine, but the social stuff is so strange. Maybe it’s because I’m not that into superheroes (I’m one of the last people left on this planet who have never seen a Marvel movie), but these characters are kind of annoying. So much quipping and quirky banter, it never stops. Even when I’m trying to forge stuff or reading research details, characters are still yapping in the background. And they’re all so needy for constant compliments and hangouts, on top of the in-game social network that is always sending notifications about some meaningless nonsense they keep posting. I feel like if it actually did take place in a school like Xavier Academy or whatever then this social stuff would make sense, but a lot of these characters are middle aged and still acting like teenagers. Just a very bizarre tone overall.

But I’ll keep playing because the actual card-based gameplay is fun as hell.

I don't have faith in them after the way they handled the Vita. Even the VR stuff they support it for a little and then it stops relying on 3rd parties to continue to make games for it. Strong first party games are what makes or breaks it. Look at xbox and the issues they're having not having strong first party games. PSP era was great and then the Vita came and they gave up on it too soon. If they do decide to make a new handheld they better not have proprietary storage.

I’m playing through it now too thanks to it being in a humble choice bundle, and yeah the deckbuilding and battle system are divine, but the social stuff is so strange. Maybe it’s because I’m not that into superheroes (I’m one of the last people left on this planet who have never seen a Marvel movie), but these characters are kind of annoying. So much quipping and quirky banter, it never stops. Even when I’m trying to forge stuff or reading research details, characters are still yapping in the background. And they’re all so needy for constant compliments and hangouts, on top of the in-game social network that is always sending notifications about some meaningless nonsense they keep posting. I feel like if it actually did take place in a school like Xavier Academy or whatever then this social stuff would make sense, but a lot of these characters are middle aged and still acting like teenagers. Just a very bizarre tone overall.

But I’ll keep playing because the actual card-based gameplay is fun as hell.
Well given how most of the characters in marvel are severely mentally unstable (justifiably given their background usually) that doesn't surprise me.

I'm streaming some of the Llamasoft: The Jeff Minter Story if you want to see the new Digital Eclipse Gold Master Series title following the great Making of Karateka collection.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a great collection like The Making of Karateka, though instead of featuring mainly two games from a developer, you get a few dozen of Jeff Minter's early works that he made on various micro PCs in the 80s and early 90's. It even includes Tempest 2000 on the Atari Jaguar and a game from the Konix multisystem that he was working on before the system was canceled.

Last edited:
I'm going to do what I always do for most Pro/Enhanced consoles which is wait on the sidelines, maybe trade in to get one eventually, but likely just save the money, be jelly of the owners for a while, and just put that money eventually towards the next console. Sometimes I'm so late to a console generation that the pro model is my first model, but I was ahead of the game for PS5 for once.

I got the PS4 Pro two years after the initial release. It was the special 500 million Pro version and I was glad I waited, but I want to get the PS5 Pro day one. I have been saving my Bings Rewards point for it so that should help.

Redoing my basement this year, so I'll definitely pick up the Pro when it's released and then move my original PS5 to the family room (or the bedroom.)

I've been waiting for a Pro, since I've had little other reason to get a PS5 already having a PS4 Pro and Series X, so I'll see what they release and how much it is.

Any info on hdd size? Didn’t see it mentioned in the articles I’ve looked through. That’s the selling point for me.

Until Sony releases info I assume it's all bullcrap.

I hear that. It's safe to assume a "Pro" model is coming, but I'd rather just wait for the official word... with that said, please just go back to a more normal, rectangular console shape. I don't need my console to make some kind of art statement...

There is some weight to the information because the site and that reporter were the first one to report the PS Portal along with the exact specs months ahead of any news or rumors of Sony making another handheld device.

But I can understand if people want to wait for a official announcement and specs. I won't be surprised if they delay it and launch it near GTA VI.

Last edited:
There is some weight to the information because the site and that reporter were the first one to report the PS Portal along with the exact specs months ahead of any news or rumors of Sony making another handheld device.

But I can understand if people want to wait for a official announcement and specs. I won't be surprised if they delay it and launch it near GTA VI.
We understand that and we know there's a pro model is coming its just the specs of what was said makes it hard to believe. The specs of the OG ps5 was wrong until Sony came out with the factual. Also understand a lot of rumors been true this gen. It seems more like a ps6 TBH but at the end of the day I rather not put much into the specs part until official word.

Edit: got this from Twitter

"MLID said 67 tflops dual issue FP16, or 33tflops fp32. PS5 is 10tflops fp32, but RDNA3 and up is dual issue fp32, meaning this would have the gaming performance of 16 RDNA2 tflops, which lines up with the 45-50% more gaming performance number here."

Last edited:
"MLID said 67 tflops dual issue FP16, or 33tflops fp32. PS5 is 10tflops fp32, but RDNA3 and up is dual issue fp32, meaning this would have the gaming performance of 16 RDNA2 tflops, which lines up with the 45-50% more gaming performance number here."

This jargon may as well be another language lol. I guess I’m officially an old fart now because I don’t care about any of this.

This jargon may as well be another language lol. I guess I’m officially an old fart now because I don’t care about any of this.
IDK much myself but what I gather. Its not as big of a leap as people hyping it up to be. Its only like 6 tflops more then what the OG ps5 is which takes it to 16 tflops. It also mean it can be real specs.

Whatever the specs are I'd be interested to see how this affects games. Especially those games that give you the option of performance/graphics. Were these options systems built with this pro version eventually coming in mind or are these games going to need to be patched in order to take advantage of it? I want to know the scope of how this effects already existing games when you have developers like Konami releasing PS1 games running worse than they did on PS1 on a PS5.

Whatever the specs are I'd be interested to see how this affects games. Especially those games that give you the option of performance/graphics. Were these options systems built with this pro version eventually coming in mind or are these games going to need to be patched in order to take advantage of it? I want to know the scope of how this effects already existing games when you have developers like Konami releasing PS1 games running worse than they did on PS1 on a PS5.

I don't think power matters when developers are just rushing out ports, remakes, etc. in the laziest way possible.

I don't care about 60FPS in games so no Pro for me. It doesn't look like it will have the leap that PS4 to PS4 Pro had. I'm good with what current PS5 can do. My next console will be the new Nintendo system.

Yeah, waiting for the last three years hasn't had any benefits. In regards to a newer model, reliability, hardware upgrades, or any significant discount.

There is also no new "Pro" model on the horizon. It's fine; saying that just means a person isn't serious about buying a Playstation right now. But there is no Pro model in the works anytime soon.

Sony hasn't been looking at upgrading the hardware, and there's no need to. The issue for the entire 2.5 previous years has been just getting SSD expansion down to reasonable prices. It's not like they're going to look into fabricating more expensive APUs right now. Most of these customers still don't even have HDR displays.

I expect there to be some real good sales on consoles for the holidays. Like $400 disc version and a first party game. What the console manufacturers are concerned with now is ramping up their install base.
I'm just going to put this here...

good job completely missing the spirit of that post, and the continued discussion. Which is the fact that the majority of consumers cannot make use the added benefits of a Pro, and should be upgrading their displays instead. It's the same way in 2024 as it was back in 2020. That has been hands down the biggest performance bottleneck for most gamers among their gaming setups for several years. Well past time to upgrade their displays, first.

The vast majority of people who didn't already buy a PS5 almost certainly have no need for a mid-gen refresh Pro.

bread's done
Back