Playstation Move Accessories 50% off @ Gamestop.com

[quote name='Saratinous']Went to my store today and the only mention of 50% off was right there with the Move stuff (at least one worker didn't even know about it and was surprised when I mentioned it/as she saw it ring up).

But yep, this kind of deal was my buy in point. Picked up 2 Moves, 1 Nav, 1 Sharpshooter, one of the basic gun attachments, the charger dock, and a couple games. Came out pretty good I think (and bought them out of most of those).[/QUOTE]
I went to the closest GS and the employees didn't even know it was 50%. They had to scan it to check the price. The funny part was once, they went to grab me the charger from the display they noticed the HUGE wall display with interactive video that says 50% move accessories and games for $9.99. I had to laugh then because they work in this small store and didn't know about it. I got the nav, and charger at that GS and had to drive to another GS to get the motion controller and sharp shooter. I wasn't going to get the sharp shooter but what the hell... it's 50% off! The video of the someone using the sharpshooter with a shooter looked somewhat interesting. I'm not into the whole motion thing but I prefer the move over the rest(and I'm primarily an 360 guy).

I feel stupid for not jumping on this when I first knew about it because I told myself I don't need any more Move stuff.

I just really want a cheap sharpshooter now.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Yup, no workie anymore!...Damn it!!! It's still a good deal especially if you can find it locally so you don't have to wait for shipping. Use this code for FREE SHIPPING on orders of $25+: VSHIP

The 1st time I entered that promo code, it didn't work. I tried it a 2nd time & it worked so you guys/gals might have to do that as well. BTW, GS has multiple warehouses nationwide. Most of their accessories ships out of Grapevine, Tx & games ship from all over the place.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. VSHIP worked for me.

[quote name='Curufinwe']Thanks. VSHIP worked for me.[/QUOTE]

Ya, fo sho! Had I known about the 20% off promo code earlier today then I wouldn't have purchased all of this stuff during my lunch break...Damn it!!! I got the last Sharpshooter & pistol attachment (Sony-branded; red & white gun) at the store though. I think I prefer the Precision Shot 3 over the Sony version of the pistol attachment now that I have both. Ehh, whatever I guess since the Sony version was only $7.50.

The 20% off code never worked for me. I tried it half a dozen times.

Now I have to get a PS Eye from Amazon... $25.98 including standard shipping.

Thanks for this thread! I rarely check the GS e-mails or flyers, and the local stores weren't advertising this at all.

Picked up the last Sharpshooter (original box design) plus a Move and Nav. Testing them out right now on KZ3. I need more practice with it, but it certainly adds to the experience. Glad I bought them!

I think this has been already asked, thanks ahead. Is there any difference between the sharpshooters that come in different packaging?

I kind of wish the sharpshooter had different colors like the Dual Shocks. Jungle green or red would be nice.

Do you all think the charge station is worth it even at half price? Thinking about getting a charge station and a sharpshooter, even though I don't have Resistance 3/Killzone 3/Socom 4 yet.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I think this has been already asked, thanks ahead. Is there any difference between the sharpshooters that come in different packaging?[/QUOTE]

I haven't taken a close look at the new packaging, but based on the original one I just bought, I can't imagine there is any difference in functionality. Everything is pretty solid, design-wise. (The way the Move plugs into the gun's usb port is a work of art!)

I think even the colors are the same.

The only extra item I can see them changing is the stickers. The original gun comes with a couple of sheets of stickers to you can customize it as ISA, Helghast, or SOCOM 4. The newer box may come with different stickers (or none at all).

[quote name='WV Matsui']Can someone please post the ad again?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

NVM found it

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/091411/pdf/olfsi_091411.pdf?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-uZ65KTLOQe4f5XQ8XOPJkA

[quote name='CaoPi']I'm tempted to put a red dot if I pick one up, looks pretty legit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqRqYgxqG5w&feature=relmfu[/QUOTE]

Me too. I noticed the rail on the box image and started googling it. Lol. I just wonder how it would work in-game. It seems like Sony designed it to accept scopes/sites but then the games would need the ability to shut the "crosshairs" off in-game.

And as far as Move possibly being dead already that's all on Sony. You know if the hardware was on pc, the modding community would have Move emulating the DualShock3 already, so you could in essense play any game using the point to aim controls. The setup could be on the OS side of things.

The same with backward compatibility, we should be playing PSone games @ 1080p, in 3D even, with what the PS3 can do. Hell, I sold my PSone and was playing everything on bleem! and Connectix VGS, up until I rented Silent Hill and it wouldn't run but that's a whole other story. :lol:

What is Gamestop's return policy on this stuff, 30 days? So far I am not as thrilled as I thought I would be with the move and sharpshooter, although DS: Extraction is pretty great. The thing does not feel that accurate, ala arcade light guns or even the Guncon.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Got a Move controller and a Navigation controller from my local Gamestop. I missed out on the Kmart deal, so this is nice.

Employee said there's supposedly six new games with Move support being released next year, according to E3. I didn't watch E3, so I won't know if that's true.

Can anyone vouch for more Move titles next year to be released? I figured the Move was dead or going to be remade/re-release a new model, given this discount.[/QUOTE]

Just go to the GameStop site and click on the Move section. There's a huge list of games and accessories that are out or coming soon. Games on the horizon include the movie game Puss 'N Boots, Grease Dance, and Sorcery (this is the one I've been looking forward to since the Move was announced).

Guys, if you own LittleBigPlanet2, run, don't walk to the PSN store and download the new Move pack.
It's a little steep at $10 but well worth it.
A ton of Move content and opens up the online community created Move levels.

[quote name='prayformojo']What is Gamestop's return policy on this stuff, 30 days? So far I am not as thrilled as I thought I would be with the move and sharpshooter, although DS: Extraction is pretty great. The thing does not feel that accurate, ala arcade light guns or even the Guncon.[/QUOTE]

If you opened it, it's yours brother!

[quote name='WV Matsui']If you opened it, it's yours brother![/QUOTE]

No, gamestop will accept returns for opened new accessories. I think you can get a refund within 30 days, but it may be less than that.. I can't remember.

I have a question for all of you kinect / now move owners. How did you mount both the kinect and eye to your tv?

[quote name='c3r1h5']I have a question for all of you kinect / now move owners. How did you mount both the kinect and eye to your tv?[/QUOTE]

There are mounts you can buy for both the Move and Kinect; they're not too expensive and easy to set up. Unless you have a tube HD in your living room like me (lol), then you need to find a shelf mount or put it underneath.

[quote name='sunghost']No, gamestop will accept returns for opened new accessories. I think you can get a refund within 30 days, but it may be less than that.. I can't remember.[/QUOTE]

Just looked at the back of my receipt, looks like 7 days on opened new accessories for full refund. Pretty quick considering I can return opened accessories to Target/Wal-mart for 90 days.

The one real bitch of a thing is that if Gamestop sells you a gutted copy of a new game you loose your right to not open it and return it as new, yet you paid the new price.

Perhaps I should be just glad to unload my Gamestop credit.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You have 30 days to return accessories to Gamestop and you can still get a refund.[/QUOTE]

Opened accessories included?

[quote name='MSUHitman']You have 30 days to return accessories to Gamestop and you can still get a refund.[/QUOTE]

I just read the back of the receipt and it specifically states that "opened new accessories may be returned for a refund within 7 days of purchase or exchanged for the identical item within 30 days of purchase."

The first day of the sale I picked up 2 Move Controllers, 1 Energizer Charging Station, and Playstation Move Heroes. I skipped on the Nav Controllers... a GS employee said it was mostly used for shooters or you could just use you existing dualshock.

Which games actually take advantage of the Nav controller that you wouldn't use a dualshock for?

[quote name='Skaughtto']The first day of the sale I picked up 2 Move Controllers, 1 Energizer Charging Station, and Playstation Move Heroes. I skipped on the Nav Controllers... a GS employee said it was mostly used for shooters or you could just use you existing dualshock.

Which games actually take advantage of the Nav controller that you wouldn't use a dualshock for?[/QUOTE]

The nav controller is basically half of a dualshock, it serves no purpose that a dualshock can't provide. It's just way more comfortable to hold the nav controller than it is to navigate with half of the dualshock in one hand. So technically you don't "need" it, but I think you will want it eventually

I wonder if there are any non-Move games that would work with the Navigation controller? It would be cool to play a PSone game or PSN game with just one hand.

[quote name='prayformojo']Just looked at the back of my receipt, looks like 7 days on opened new accessories for full refund. Pretty quick considering I can return opened accessories to Target/Wal-mart for 90 days.

The one real bitch of a thing is that if Gamestop sells you a gutted copy of a new game you loose your right to not open it and return it as new, yet you paid the new price.

Perhaps I should be just glad to unload my Gamestop credit.[/QUOTE]

I did return a new gutted copy once, but trust me it took 3-5 minutes to explain that the circular clear sticker was still on the case, proving that it was never opened.

I ordered the Move controller, Nav controller, Sharpshooter, and Charging station yesterday while that 20% off accessories code was working. So far they've shipped the Charging Station and Sharpshooter, but there's no tracking number? Has this happened to anyone else?

They haven't shipped the nav controller or move controller yet. They still say "pending." I paid for the cheap $2.99 shipping and I bet they are flooded with orders so hopefully this is all normal.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I wonder if there are any non-Move games that would work with the Navigation controller? It would be cool to play a PSone game or PSN game with just one hand.[/QUOTE]

I haven't read anything that indicates that it would work but the nav only has an x and circle button (and an L1/R2 button) so that kind of limits the amount of games it'd work with anyway. I'll certainly try it out when I get mine though

Is the PlayStation Move Shooting Attachment worth it for $7.49? I already bought a sharpshooter, but I'm assuming the Move Shooting Attachment might be fun for games like "The Shoot," or the mini games in "The Sly Collection," both of which I have.

I probably wont buy Dead Space extraction or House of the Dead Overkill because I already have them on the wii.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Is the PlayStation Move Shooting Attachment worth it for $7.49? I already bought a sharpshooter, but I'm assuming the Move Shooting Attachment might be fun for games like "The Shoot," or the mini games in "The Sly Collection," both of which I have.

I probably wont buy Dead Space extraction or House of the Dead Overkill because I already have them on the wii.[/QUOTE]

I'm considering one as well for HotD overkill but I notice amazon has some 3rd party ones for cheap and they have pretty decent reviews

Like this set of two shells for $9.73:

41PBlCOmXkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I can always return them if they're crap but it's a pretty good value for both attachments. The shotgun attachment looks pretty cool to me, but functionally it's designed wrong since the trigger is the rear Nav buttons which aren't used as a trigger for any games

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']The nav controller is basically half of a dualshock, it serves no purpose that a dualshock can't provide. It's just way more comfortable to hold the nav controller than it is to navigate with half of the dualshock in one hand. So technically you don't "need" it, but I think you will want it eventually[/QUOTE]

I can verify that playing a game like Heavy Rain with a Move in one hand and a Dualshock in the other is a huge pain the butt. I don't have a Nav controller right now but I suspect that HR is not the only game where it's really convenient to have access to your X and O and shoulder buttons and not having to hold a Dualshock in some weird kung-fu grip.

[quote name='warreni']I can verify that playing a game like Heavy Rain with a Move in one hand and a Dualshock in the other is a huge pain the butt. I don't have a Nav controller right now but I suspect that HR is not the only game where it's really convenient to have access to your X and O and shoulder buttons and not having to hold a Dualshock in some weird kung-fu grip.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the only game I tried playing with the dualshock in one hand and move in the other is Killzone 3 (the beta) and it was so annoying.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm considering one as well for HotD overkill but I notice amazon has some 3rd party ones for cheap and they have pretty decent reviews

Like this set of two shells for $9.73:

41PBlCOmXkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I can always return them if they're crap but it's a pretty good value for both attachments. The shotgun attachment looks pretty cool to me, but functionally it's designed wrong since the trigger is the rear Nav buttons which aren't used as a trigger for any games[/QUOTE]

I saw that combo on amazon, but it received some poor user reviews. Something about the shotgun type attachment being set up poorly where it's almost unusable. I would stick with the official Gun attachment. 3rd party stuff is always a crap shoot. My local GS has a used, 3rd party gun and the trigger squeaks like crazy each time you pull it. Junk.

[quote name='warreni']I can verify that playing a game like Heavy Rain with a Move in one hand and a Dualshock in the other is a huge pain the butt. I don't have a Nav controller right now but I suspect that HR is not the only game where it's really convenient to have access to your X and O and shoulder buttons and not having to hold a Dualshock in some weird kung-fu grip.[/QUOTE]

I agree. At $15 I would definitely not skip on the navigation controller. I'd imagine holding half of a dualshock 3 controller in my hand for extended lengths of time would probably end up making it sore..

[quote name='sunghost']I agree. At $15 I would definitely not skip on the navigation controller. I'd imagine holding half of a dualshock 3 controller in my hand for extended lengths of time would probably end up making it sore..[/QUOTE]

Nav controller is great for RE Gold. I would actually much rather play games like this with the Nav-Move combo instead of the Sharpshooter. That thing is awkward and has some design flaws.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Is the PlayStation Move Shooting Attachment worth it for $7.49? I already bought a sharpshooter, but I'm assuming the Move Shooting Attachment might be fun for games like "The Shoot," or the mini games in "The Sly Collection," both of which I have.

I probably wont buy Dead Space extraction or House of the Dead Overkill because I already have them on the wii.[/QUOTE]

I just got this yesterday:

51dvyybWqbL._SL500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/MOVE-Precision-Shot-3-Playstation/dp/B003UF24SI/ref=pd_sim_vg_7

It received good ratings (60-people) on Amazon & many of them were saying it's better than the Sony version. I got lucky & found a used one for $9 (after my PowerUp discount from GS) locally. It works very well with, "The Shoot" & I like the detachable Nav holder so I can use it on both types of shooting games (with & without the nav). Since this game can do 2-players simultaneously, I also bought the Sony-branded shooting attachment & about to try it here soon. I'll let you know which one is better IMO. Then again, you can't really beat $7.49 for a 1st-party accessory, LOL!

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']I just got this last night:

51dvyybWqbL._SL500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/MOVE-Precision-Shot-3-Playstation/dp/B003UF24SI/ref=pd_sim_vg_7

It received good ratings on Amazon from lots of peeps. I got lucky & found a used one for $9 (after my PowerUp discount from GS) locally. It works very well with, "The Shoot". Since this game can do 2-players simultaneously, I also bought the Sony-branded shooting attachment & about to try it here soon. I'll let you know which one is better IMO. Then again, you can't really beat $7.49 for a 1st-party accessory, LOL![/QUOTE]

Oh boy....that's the squeaker I saw at GS. Good luck with that one.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']I just got this yesterday:

51dvyybWqbL._SL500_.jpg

It received good ratings (60-people) on Amazon & many of them were saying it's better than the Sony version. I got lucky & found a used one for $9 (after my PowerUp discount from GS) locally. It works very well with, "The Shoot" & I like the detachable Nav holder so I can use it on both types of shooting games (with & without the nav). Since this game can do 2-players simultaneously, I also bought the Sony-branded shooting attachment & about to try it here soon. I'll let you know which one is better IMO. Then again, you can't really beat $7.49 for a 1st-party accessory, LOL![/QUOTE]

Good advice. I didn't even realize the 7.49 gun was made by Sony. I'm looking forward to hearing your comparisons of the guns.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Oh boy....that's the squeaker I saw at GS. Good luck with that one.[/QUOTE]

LOL, yes it squeaked...at the store that is. Even then, it wasn't annoying or anything & there's a 7-day return policy just in case I don't like it. However, when actually using it with my sound sytem on (I didn't turn up the volume insanely loud on purpose to avoid the squeaking), it was fine to the point I barely noticed it if at all. Try it out in your home (environment w/sounds coming from your tv/sound system) before you knock it. From what I remember, I don't think anyone was complaining about a squeak on the 10 - 12 (out of 60) reviews I read on Amazon. Highly recommend it! Worst case scenerio, you can always return it.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Good advice. I didn't even realize the 7.49 gun was made by Sony. I'm looking forward to hearing your comparisons of the guns.[/QUOTE]

There's also the Madcatz (I think) version GS has for $8. Gimme a couple hours because I gotta run some errands here soon.

[quote name='warreni']I can verify that playing a game like Heavy Rain with a Move in one hand and a Dualshock in the other is a huge pain the butt. I don't have a Nav controller right now but I suspect that HR is not the only game where it's really convenient to have access to your X and O and shoulder buttons and not having to hold a Dualshock in some weird kung-fu grip.[/QUOTE]I'll swing by GS and pick up one or two then. Thanks for all the feedback.

I have 2 of the shooting attachments, so here's my 2 cents. I've been playing Dead Space Extraction with it and the Nav. I prefer it a lot to just holding the Move or using the Sharpshooter. The Sharpshooter gets heavy and having to have my left hand in front of my right makes it even heavier over time. I can play with the Nav in my left hand, resting on a chair or bed. It seems like it's a lot easier to get accurate shots with the shooting attachment, as opposed to just the Move, just because holding the shooting attachment feels more natural than just holding the Move to point and shoot. Same reason I preferred using my Perfect Shots on the Wii, instead of just holding the Wiimote. Only problem is with games that you have to push the buttons on the Move, luckily one of the L buttons on the Nav does the same thing as the Move button on the Move for Dead Space Extraction.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']LOL, yes it squeaked...at the store that is. Even then, it wasn't annoying or anything & there's a 7-day return policy just in case I don't like it. However, when actually using it with my sound sytem on (I didn't turn up the volume insanely loud on purpose to avoid the squeaking), it was fine to the point I barely noticed it if at all. Try it out in your home (environment w/sounds coming from your tv/sound system) before you knock it. From what I remember, I don't think anyone was complaining about a squeak on the 10 - 12 (out of 60) reviews I read on Amazon. Highly recommend it! Worst case scenerio, you can always return it.

There's also the Madcatz (I think) version GS has for $8. Gimme a couple hours because I gotta run some errands here soon.[/QUOTE]

Well outside of the squeaky trigger there's the flimsy front grip, which also holds the nav controller. It houses the nav controller straight up, which is extremely awkward. I've never seen anybody use a nav controller with it pointed straight up..lol. Glad you are enjoying it, however.

[quote name='lukewin']I have 2 of the shooting attachments, so here's my 2 cents. I've been playing Dead Space Extraction with it and the Nav. I prefer it a lot to just holding the Move or using the Sharpshooter. The Sharpshooter gets heavy and having to have my left hand in front of my right makes it even heavier over time. I can play with the Nav in my left hand, resting on a chair or bed. It seems like it's a lot easier to get accurate shots with the shooting attachment, as opposed to just the Move, just because holding the shooting attachment feels more natural than just holding the Move to point and shoot. Same reason I preferred using my Perfect Shots on the Wii, instead of just holding the Wiimote. Only problem is with games that you have to push the buttons on the Move, luckily one of the L buttons on the Nav does the same thing as the Move button on the Move for Dead Space Extraction.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Sony shooting attachments are great. I was hoping that games like Time Crisis Razing Storm would allow a control config to also use the nav controller. My thought was I could use the nav controller for reload/duck. You can use the nav in the menus and it even has X button listed as one of the buttons to reload, but it wouldn't work once I got playing. Would have been nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scored a PM at Best Buy using the GS ad (Sharpshooter/Nav Controller). Pretty painless, even got some additional dollars taken off as BB already has the Nav Controller on sale from MSRP. All in all used GC's to pay this off so $0 is good in my book.

[quote name='sead21c']Scored a PM at Best Buy using the GS ad (Sharpshooter/Nav Controller). Pretty painless, even got some additional dollars taken off as BB already has the Nav Controller on sale from MSRP. All in all used GC's to pay this off so $0 is good in my book.[/QUOTE]

Same here, as for BB. Wand, Nav Controller and Sharp Shooter with a twist. Had to call GS, and they wouldn't give prices over the phone. Manager was called over and he says that he follows Joystiq and that Joystiq said it was online only. I responded by saying that I follow CHEAP ASS GAMER and that everyone there is saying that it is in store too. The mere mention made his bowels shake and he ceded to my demands. IATCG please don't castigate me for using the CAG name in a store.

Now to find a cheap PS Eye camera. Any suggestions?

[quote name='willc23']Same here, as for BB. Wand, Nav Controller and Sharp Shooter with a twist. Had to call GS, and they wouldn't give prices over the phone. Manager was called over and he says that he follows Joystiq and that Joystiq said it was online only. I responded by saying that I follow CHEAP ASS GAMER and that everyone there is saying that it is in store too. The mere mention made his bowels shake and he ceded to my demands. IATCG please don't castigate me for using the CAG name in a store.

Now to find a cheap PS Eye camera. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

A used one is $21 shipped at Hastings: http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/p...&departmentName=GAME&productVariantId=9357130

There's a 3rd party merchant selling one that's fulfilled by amazon for $19.17: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...?ie=UTF8&qid=1316049169&sr=8-1&condition=used

bread's done
Back