Playstation Move Calibration HELP!!!!

Sk

CAGiversary!
Heres what I've done so far....
1. Calibrated the Move in the XBM->Accessories ->Green ball test (it calibrates fine).

2. Calibrated and Played Child of Eden Perfectly fine several times (it still works fine every time).

3. Now her comes the issues....I tried playing several First party titles (resistance 3, Killzone 3, and Infamous ) with no success...The system won't calibrate the move for these games. I don't even have cross hairs on my screen. The orb on the move controller just stays some orange color and doesn't do jack sh!t in terms of aiming...I don't have any moving cross hairs on the screen. I also, know the camera is working since if I get out of its range it says so on the screen.

4.I placed the PS-Eye on top of my tv and on the bottom of the set and it still isn't working with 1st party games.

5.I tried playing these games on a different TV in a much larger room and I still get the orange orb with no cross hairs on the screen.

Basically, I have no aiming. I know the move works fine since I've played child of eden on it several times with a great deal of accuracy. I can't find any articles about fixing this issues so I now come here. I know my move works since it works fine with Child of Eden, but it won't work with any first party games...Also, both my systems and games are update and fully installed on the console.

Lastly, even in my "smallest" room I'm still 3-6 feet away from the TV and camera, so space isn't an issue. Also, my Navigation and Move controllers are fully charged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have the PS-Eye setup in the proper mode? I forget whether it is supposed to be blue or red, but it does make a difference.

I have not had the problem you are having, so that's the only idea I have.

[quote name='jmbreci']Do you have the PS-Eye setup in the proper mode? I forget whether it is supposed to be blue or red, but it does make a difference.

I have not had the problem you are having, so that's the only idea I have.[/QUOTE]

Yes wide angle is the setting I have it on. As I said, I know what I'm doing. It works fine with Child of Eden but doesn't work with first party games.

[quote name='Sk']As I said, I know what I'm doing. [/QUOTE]

You never stated in your original post that you had it in wide-angle mode. I'd say you are throwing stones from a glass house with that attitude. Don't worry, I won't offer any more suggestions since you know what you are doing.

[quote name='jmbreci']You never stated in your original post that you had it in wide-angle mode. I'd say you are throwing stones from a glass house with that attitude. Don't worry, I won't offer any more suggestions since you know what you are doing.[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, I didn't mean to come off as a d!ck. I'm just very forward when I write. I didn't mean to put forth any sort of attitude. Like I said that was never my intention. I'm not a little kid who starts crap on forums, I'm a fairly mature adult. I hope you have a great holiday.

On a side, note the move is one of the most disappointing sony products I've ever used in a long time. I'm a hardcore Playstation lover (& Nintendo in recent years) and I've never been this disappointed by something put out by the Playstation/Sony brand.

Did you try checking the options to see if you had to enable them from there? If you have a DS3 on at the same time, those games may be defaulting to the DS3 when presented with two different controllers to choose from, so making sure that's off before starting the game may also help.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did you try checking the options to see if you had to enable them from there? If you have a DS3 on at the same time, those games may be defaulting to the DS3 when presented with two different controllers to choose from, so making sure that's off before starting the game may also help.[/QUOTE]

I actually got it to work. I had to reset the controller and move the camera around a bit. It amazes me how sensitive to movement this thing is. You definitely need to calibrate the controller and adjust all the settings. Its not as plug and play as the Wii. You can tell its more for the hardcore crowd.

bread's done
Back