PlayStation Move - Launching September 19, 2010 (US)

[quote name='Chroma914']So besides the bundled Sports Champions, what are the other "must have" Move titles? I'm on the fence about this, SC seems cool from what you all are saying, and a second Move playthrough of Heavy Rain sounds great, but will this collect dust by Christmas?[/QUOTE]

The Shoot demo was awesome.

What Move patches have been released for current games so far?

Looking at the trophy list, Kung Fu Rider is a PSN game that was put on disc to sell for $40 since there are only 13 trophies and there isn't a platinum among them. I'm not sure if any other of the launch games are like that since there aren't that many of them on PS3Trophies.

[quote name='KongaKing']Anyone who has TUMBLE, can you use the nav controller to rotate the camera? Or is it move controller only?[/QUOTE]

i use move controller to control the camera

[quote name='KongaKing']Anyone who has TUMBLE, can you use the nav controller to rotate the camera? Or is it move controller only?[/QUOTE]

I just tried it and it didn't work.

Seems like move controller only.

Planet Minigolf has move patch up (i didnt like it), and so does Hustle Kings (not bad). I tried pain and no update, neither for high velocity bowling, which has its update out in europe for free, and sounds like it will be $$$ for US users next week.

I didnt know Hustle Kings was being patched for Move. I may have to reinstall that and give it a shot again when I get Move.

[quote name='DrMunkee']I just tried it and it didn't work.

Seems like move controller only.[/QUOTE]
That's an error in design. That game was pretty fun, but the menu navigation needs a patch, and the camera work needs to be improved.

my party pack arrived today, very kiddie oriented for the kiddie party :D

60307_433450664141_533879141_5230030_2336954_n.jpg

but... not my thing, more for the wifey and kids.
sooooooooo I picked up sports champions to try myself

I must admit I like glowing orbs :D

58303_433553159141_533879141_5232082_1915381_n.jpg

must say, the gladiator game is actually pretty fun. shows lots of potential for the move

on the flipside I cannot point out enough to NOT get kung fu rider aka slider.... horrible game, tried it at e3 and it was like a subpar wii game in terms of control and everything

I was so surprised when I realized Kung Fu Rider was a full retail release. When I saw the videos and information on it I thought it was PSN release for sure.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I was so surprised when I realized Kung Fu Rider was a full retail release. When I saw the videos and information on it I thought it was PSN release for sure.[/QUOTE]

It probably was. It doesnt even have a plat trophy. They just wanted to pad out the launch lineup and put that as a move game. The controls are overly complicated for the sake of being complicated, would have worked damn well on a DS3.

Wow, got the Playstation Move Bundle and I'm really enjoying Sports Champions a ton. Each sports game on there is, for the most part deep in terms of gameplay and the way you hold the motion controller and swing along the x and y axis (I think that makes sense [color me surprised because I had not done a lot of reading on the Playstation Move, this was probably old news to most of you.]) :lol:

But yeah, I'm a bit surprised how much I'm enjoying myself.

I was not feeling The Shoot demo though. I was trying out TV Superstars and it's fun how you can put your face on there and three different types of facial expressions along with your voice. Then I was walking down the runway and quit the game. :oops:

Picked up the move bundle on friday, was pretty not digging it so much at first, but then my friend started playing the gladiator game on sport champions and it was a blast. Really enjoying it a lot more now. I played it so much my right shoulder got tired so I had to switch to left handed. Overall, the sports champions is pretty fun. Only have the one move controller and everything works pretty well. Some of the games feel like they would work better with two controllers.(gladiators, volleyball, archery) The volleyball was the worst of the games to me by far. Overall I would say it's pretty legit hardware and the games are pretty fun.

Playing the tiger woods at my friends house right now with the move, kind of janky but it works. The more we play the better we are getting at it, but it's still pretty fun.
It's a lot more engaging with the move, but harder. (go figure)The putting feels real good, maybe easier even than dual shock. Seems like for this game you have to have a dualshock on for some reason to get through the menus and stuff.

Real happy with the move, still got a lot of demos to check out but the games i've played I have like.

Also, the camera is grainy as fuck and looks like shit. Wish I could buy a better camera to replace this piece of shit. Looks like your playing inside kane and lynch 2.

Eyepet is enjoyable I have to recalibrate the game and mess with the lighting but after 10 mins you can usually get a good set up. Can't wait for Shoot and Time Crisis.

For Sports Champions, in order to play some of the multiplayer games, are 2 Move controllers required, or can each player alternate using the controller for their turn? I'm on the fence about picking this up today and that will make or break it for me.

[quote name='Chroma914']For Sports Champions, in order to play some of the multiplayer games, are 2 Move controllers required, or can each player alternate using the controller for their turn? I'm on the fence about picking this up today and that will make or break it for me.[/QUOTE]

Some of the games are turn based (frisbee golf) and some only require 1 controller (ping pong).

For Gladiator, and Archery, there are control options that allow for 1 controller to be used by each player. Otherwise- you need 4.

[quote name='Chroma914']For Sports Champions, in order to play some of the multiplayer games, are 2 Move controllers required, or can each player alternate using the controller for their turn? I'm on the fence about picking this up today and that will make or break it for me.[/QUOTE]

Some of the games (like gladiator, Archery and the Volleyball) are enhanced by optionaly using two, but it's not required no.
I.E the 2nd controller operates the shield, the other operates the sword in the gladiator game :].

Obviously you will need 2 for two player tabble tennis for instance, but you can alternate one between two people for other games like the Disc Golf (which as it happens, is more fun than it sounds XD)

The 1 motion controller works surprisingly well with most of the games (I haven't played volleyball yet) but it's definitely way more realistic and fun with the two motion controllers, especially with archery and gladiator. I haven't tried volleyball yet. Spent the whole day playing and getting the hang of all the other ones.

[quote name='jh6269']So, everyone that got Move, how is the lag? Is it pretty responsive?[/QUOTE]

the lag is minute (not minute as in 60 seconds, minute, like my-newt, or insanely small) or none at all.

When my opponent was down, I turned my sword upside down and thrusted it down and I was surprised that it actually worked. It's pretty awesome.

RE5: Gold is fun, but the Move controller is pretty sensitive which takes some getting used to. Once you get used to the sensitivity, using the wand in tandem with the Nav controller is excellent.

It's like playing Resident Evil in the arcade, albeit with more accurate controls.
No lag found on this title with the controls.

[quote name='raistlin']RE5: Gold is fun, but the Move controller is pretty sensitive which takes some getting used to. Once you get used to the sensitivity, using the wand in tandem with the Nav controller is excellent.

It's like playing Resident Evil in the arcade, albeit with more accurate controls.
No lag found on this title with the controls.[/QUOTE]

damn.. that sounds awesome. I would bite on this if I hadn't already done my platinum trophy and several other plays. I don't think the controls would be enough to carry me through another round..

Speaking of which, am I to assume both the old and gold RE5 games share the same set of trophies? It's not like how Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV had their own set right?

[quote name='nbballard']damn.. that sounds awesome. I would bite on this if I hadn't already done my platinum trophy and several other plays. I don't think the controls would be enough to carry me through another round..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nbballard']damn.. that sounds awesome. I would bite on this if I hadn't already done my platinum trophy and several other plays. I don't think the controls would be enough to carry me through another round..[/QUOTE]

QFT. I still remember all that time I spent trading items w/ my friend to save enough money to buy all the weapons.

I'd be a worthy rental, though.

You MUST have the navigation controller to play RE5 Gold, right? Is this the only game that requires the navigation controller?

[quote name='Scorch']You MUST have the navigation controller to play RE5 Gold, right? Is this the only game that requires the navigation controller?[/QUOTE]

No game requires the navi. You can use a dual shock 3 instead of it (and i used it with heavy rain move edition, it works fine).

[quote name='Zoglog']Is the heavy rain patch out already?[/QUOTE]

Heavy Rain isn't scheduled to get the Move patch until the Sept 22nd. Not sure how blitz6speed would have played it already unless it was available at an event. I just checked as well, nope no patches yet.

[quote name='nbballard']i think he was in the EU store playing the demo.[/QUOTE]

Darn skippy i was. Euro store has Heavy Rain Move Edition demo up for grabs.

Ah I haven't created an EU acct yet. That reminds me I need to get around to looking up my JP acct details again, wondering how the Home mall is progressing there. (haven't been since the beta) W00t for free stuff heh.

Charging the Move now....waiting to pop in Sports until after the 3 year old goes to bed....seems safer. May pop back in Heavy Rain after the patch. If not, with 2 units I am sure I can find enough to do for a while.

I want God of War with Move support.. and Uncharted.. and Infamous.. ohhh man, Infamous.. :drool:

They could do SO much with Infamous.. the move bubble ball wand globe thingamadoojer should remain unlit, and each time you shoot lightning, it flashes blue.. someone forward this idea to Sucker Punch asap.

bonus points for letting me have free range of the main characters hand.. would totally bring my hands together, yell "hadouken!" and shoot lightning

Last edited by a moderator:
im digging archery, also just picked up the last copy of heavy rain from sam's club for 29.88, haven't even played the normal version of that one. I also got start the party to try with the kids. Its a fun concept, but even on easy, it was too difficult to control for my daughter-she did like seeing herself on the screen a lot though. I wasn't very impressed with the TV game show demo I tried or the shoot, which controlled well but wasn't that great of a rail shooter.

I just finished playing with the move for 3hrs and it gets a huge thumbs up from me.:applause:

I played over an hour with the kids playing Start the Party. My three year old son could not understand how to start a game but if I got it going he could play a few of the games. He had a blast! He loves the bug swatting game and the paint game. My five year old daughter understood a bit more and she could grasp some of the basics. I still had to start a game for her and navigate the menus. Both kids loved it. Yelling, screaming, laughing for over an hour got the nod of approval from the wife for the investment.

I played Sports Champions for a while and as a fat older gamer I got a good work out. I dozen rounds of the sword game every day and I could lose some serious weight. I was using two controllers and It felt very fast and comfortable.

If they can get this system to work well with the right(Killer Game) this will crush Wii.

Finished RE5: GE with a friend on a fresh pro run. QTEs are a breeze by just waggling, also the same motion is used for attacking with your knife on the fly. Aiming is fluid and accurate as it shows the cross-hair where you are aiming at the screen. I have to say the Move has definitely made this game enjoyable.

bread's done
Back