PlayStation Move - Launching September 19, 2010 (US)

Are they gong to release a device or is there already one that is going to let you utilize the Wii, psMove & the Kinect all in one spot. Like some kind of holder of some sorts. If not who is with me to patent one!

For those that were looking forward to Flight Control HD, it doesn't look like it'll be coming to North America anytime soon since it seems like SCEA is blocking the NA release since pretty much every other country/region is getting/has gotten the game.

I'm really diggin' the Echochrome II demo.
Its weird, even though I calibrated the controller well, the "light source" didn't seem to come from the move controller, projected on-screen, but it was still very playable
I like how it's a new take in the Echochrome universe, but you don't have to actually collect Echos, just get to the exit.

EDIT: Anyone see this retail version of High Velocity Bowling?
http://www.amazon.com/High-Velocity..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1284967179&sr=8-1
Looks like it's just a disk version of the game with DLC and Move Support.
I hope the PSN version is getting the Move patch for free..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sinistar']I'm really diggin' the Echochrome II demo.
Its weird, even though I calibrated the controller well, the "light source" didn't seem to come from the move controller, projected on-screen, but it was still very playable
I like how it's a new take in the Echochrome universe, but you don't have to actually collect Echos, just get to the exit.

EDIT: Anyone see this retail version of High Velocity Bowling?
http://www.amazon.com/High-Velocity..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1284967179&sr=8-1
Looks like it's just a disk version of the game with DLC and Move Support.
I hope the PSN version is getting the Move patch for free..[/QUOTE]
EU has a free move patch on the store already. I assume we'll get it eventually. I'd be interested to see someone tally the total value of that DLC.

My nephews got their software bundle the other day so they bought it over. Sports champions was very interesting and a lot of fun. I can't wait for more games that use the Move controller. It was pretty funny when my nephews finally had enough and yelled that they wanted a turn to play the games too. lol

[quote name='Supplice']Finished RE5: GE with a friend on a fresh pro run. QTEs are a breeze by just waggling, also the same motion is used for attacking with your knife on the fly. Aiming is fluid and accurate as it shows the cross-hair where you are aiming at the screen. I have to say the Move has definitely made this game enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to hear it! Now I want the Move even more...

I'm moving in about a week, so I was planning on getting one when I get set up at my new place. I hope I'm able to refrain from buying it until then... I would rather not have to move even more stuff.

...I loved RE4:Wii and I think I'll really going to enjoy RE5: Move. :bouncy:

I bought RE:5 yesterday. I've got to say, it's hard Getting used to not being able to strafe and look around freely. I'm *really* looking forward to Dead Space. It's going to be brutal. :lol:

[quote name='Scorch']the lag is minute (not minute as in 60 seconds, minute, like my-newt, or insanely small) or none at all.

When my opponent was down, I turned my sword upside down and thrusted it down and I was surprised that it actually worked. It's pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I knew what you meant. Negligible is probably an easier word to use :)

I'm so close to going out to get this. I'm just hoping (but not getting my hopes up too high) that the Amazon PS3 Gold Box Event will have a Move bundle or something. I've been reading how great this is on so many sites.

Gamestop just sent mine out today, and it should arrive by Wednesday! Yay for Free Saver shipping! :applause:

I'll be hosting a Move party next week -- everyone's expectations are either really low or "What's a Move" so I hope it wows the crowd.

Overall I think w/ some things (esp swordfighting) there's a lot of promise. However I would never justify a purchase to anyone for these.

[quote name='nbballard']EU has a free move patch on the store already. I assume we'll get it eventually. I'd be interested to see someone tally the total value of that DLC.[/QUOTE]

Any news if we are getting it this week with the PSN update, or will it be an auto patch when launching the game?

[quote name='Sinistar']Any news if we are getting it this week with the PSN update, or will it be an auto patch when launching the game?[/QUOTE]

PSN+ Users get the move unlock key right now, which will work on the patch that hits tomorrow for high velocity bowling. It is a one month long PSN+ Exclusive unlock key for the move patch, which is out right now for free in europe.

Yah, i lol'd as well.

Someone did a tally on the DLC on the HVB disc, it comes out to 36 bucks with the game and DLC combined. So 39.99 for a retail disc isnt too bad, paying 4 bucks extra for a case, manual and a physical copy of it.

^ Tumble is a cool concept- but the execution is "meh". They need to patch in better menu navigation and camera controls. Also, sometimes when I needed to move something forward, I had to actually stand up from the couch and take a step forward. That was annoying.

So, this is for people that have used it and actually own one.

Im wondering how the tracking is and aiming on it is like. I dont know, its not easy for me to figure out how to ask the question.

Like on my wii if I was pointing the wiimote at the center of the screen the cursor would be off in a corner, I never liked it because my arm would automatically want to point where I wanted the cursor to go, but the wiimote was always off despite numerous attempts at switching the censor bar around and all kinds of stuff. It just never felt accurate. Aiming never felt natural on the wii to me, it always felt like a chore.

The Move is *much more* precise than the wii mote. I hated how inaccurate and mushy the wii felt. I would never play any game that involved precision on it. I've been playing RE:5 on the Move and aiming is natural, accurate and quick. I highly recommend it.

[quote name='torifile']The Move is *much more* precise than the wii mote. I hated how inaccurate and mushy the wii felt. I would never play any game that involved precision on it. I've been playing RE:5 on the Move and aiming is natural, accurate and quick. I highly recommend it.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I didnt like. Mushy is a good word, felt like I was constantly having to slowly readjust the reticule and I hated how to like aim in the middle of the screen I had to point the wiimote somewhere else.

If I can find a good package deal I would like to pick one up. But I need both controllers and the eye since I have none of those.

In a issue or two ago of game informer they really had nothing bad to say about it and talked about how much better it was in comparrison to the wiimote in every way. They were also saying in a lot of ways it was better than kinetic since it gave you more control for playing games that werent simple mini games because you werent just making hand gestures and the controllers felt more natural when playing something that just doing everything in the air with your hands. So I want to get one.

Sorry if it's already been asked, but : How's the "distance" issue I've read in reviews? Some games need you X feet away?

I'm concerned cuz my setup is in a fairly smallish room. Wii games are fine, but let's just say it's cramped for a full rock band group.

It'll depend on the game and how they use the controller/camera. I've only played three games (EyePet demo, Tumble, and Sports Champions) and they use them in different ways.

EyePet has you point the camera at the ground with a decent amount of space between you and the camera.

Sports Champions uses it to get you in frame and it seemed like it needed more room than I had, though I wouldn't be surprised if I could just adjust the camera to make it easier to work within my set-up.

Tumble just uses it as a simple cursor and 3D representation of the controller in the game for what you're doing that doesn't seem to require much space at all.

I want to buy this but I'm afraid that the limited space in my bedroom (where my gaming setup is) will limit the enjoyment/functionality of it.

Toys R Us is getting a $99 Eyepet Bundle

5012012341_cc38daec11.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...laystation-move-eyepet-bundle-from-toys-r-us/

I got a question for you guys, when playing move games are you getting a whole lot of green picture noise? I get the picture noise only in games, when I boot up the camera normally in other apps or in the menu it looks fine?

I got a lot of green noise in the EyePet demo. I was looking forward to that game, but between that, and my cats scaring the shit out of him, I decided to skip the game.

k so it's not just me. The picture looks so damn clear in the promo vids lol.....

And it's not lighting, I've tried high light and low light.

[quote name='blitz6speed']PSN+ Users get the move unlock key right now, which will work on the patch that hits tomorrow for high velocity bowling. It is a one month long PSN+ Exclusive unlock key for the move patch, which is out right now for free in europe.

Yah, i lol'd as well.

Someone did a tally on the DLC on the HVB disc, it comes out to 36 bucks with the game and DLC combined. So 39.99 for a retail disc isnt too bad, paying 4 bucks extra for a case, manual and a physical copy of it.[/QUOTE]

lol serious? I just booted up HVB for the hell of it and it made me download a patch.. I thought it was for Move support, lol why didn't they just put in in the patch like they did for the free patch for Planet Minigolf and Hustle Kings?

What will happen if I rent the BR version of HVB from GameFly before that? lol I wonder if will tie the patch and all the DLC to my PSN account? :D

[quote name='torifile']The Move is *much more* precise than the wii mote. I hated how inaccurate and mushy the wii felt. I would never play any game that involved precision on it. I've been playing RE:5 on the Move and aiming is natural, accurate and quick. I highly recommend it.[/QUOTE]
Just an update on the precision of the Move: I suck at shooters. I really do. I love playing them but I'm just awful at aiming with a controller. I finished chapter 2-1 on RE5 tonight. I got S rankings on both accuracy and enemies routed. It's that good.

[quote name='Zoglog']anyone try the beat sketcher demo? what a surreal experience ;)[/QUOTE]
I knew nothing about it and I wasn't that impressed with it for the first 5 minutes of messing around with it (i didn't know there was a palette option), but then I figured out what it was doing and was amazed.

I've shown it to everyone that's come over since then.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It'll depend on the game and how they use the controller/camera. I've only played three games (EyePet demo, Tumble, and Sports Champions) and they use them in different ways.

EyePet has you point the camera at the ground with a decent amount of space between you and the camera.

Sports Champions uses it to get you in frame and it seemed like it needed more room than I had, though I wouldn't be surprised if I could just adjust the camera to make it easier to work within my set-up.

Tumble just uses it as a simple cursor and 3D representation of the controller in the game for what you're doing that doesn't seem to require much space at all.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']I've got about 3 feet from the edge of my bed to the tv and dont have any problems with move.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, this is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. Now to just wait for a deal/actual games worth playing. Thanks again!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']The EyePet demo was a letdown to me. I really liked the Tumble demo though.[/QUOTE]

Eyepet is a nice 'demo'. That's what the entire game feels like. If you don't have anyone under the age of 10 in the household, it just doesn't do much to keep you interested. I think it would be a worthy purchase at $19.99, or at the current price only if you have kids.

Sports Champion feels a lot more polished, and worth the purchase. Out of the games they put out for launch, this seems to be the only thing worth owning at the moment.

I cannot recommend being an early adopter with only a single game being good at the moment. Sony really dropped the ball on making the add-on for HVB for PSN+ only for now. Without that, and the gun games not being released until late October, I would wait for a Sale until then or the Holidays.

[quote name='dragonjud']
I cannot recommend being an early adopter with only a single game being good at the moment. Sony really dropped the ball on making the add-on for HVB for PSN+ only for now. Without that, and the gun games not being released until late October, I would wait for a Sale until then or the Holidays.[/QUOTE]

With that being said, do you think as a Playstation Plus user I should go ahead and get it ? I already have PGA Tour 11 and Heavy Rain, and I also have that Bowling arcade game.....

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']With that being said, do you think as a Playstation Plus user I should go ahead and get it ? I already have PGA Tour 11 and Heavy Rain, and I also have that Bowling arcade game.....[/QUOTE]

It's a tough call then. I feel like the controllers are much more precise than the Wii ever were. If you don't have a huge backlog (like most CAGs), then I would get it. Otherwise, I'd wait for a good opportunity to get a discount on the controllers.
I remember reading somewhere that the implementation for Heavy Rain wasn't very good, so you may not end up playing it with Move.

[quote name='dragonjud']It's a tough call then. I feel like the controllers are much more precise than the Wii ever were. If you don't have a huge backlog (like most CAGs), then I would get it. Otherwise, I'd wait for a good opportunity to get a discount on the controllers.
I remember reading somewhere that the implementation for Heavy Rain wasn't very good, so you may not end up playing it with Move.[/QUOTE]

okay thanks for all the help, I think I will wait a month or 2 to see if any good deals come up.

After reading everything you guys have been posting, it seems like this is definitely something I can wait on. More power to you if you're glad you got it, but for me, there just aren't enough games and they barely announced anything move-related at tgs. I need something more than just integrating it into games that already work fine with a regular controller.

[quote name='dragonjud']It's a tough call then. I feel like the controllers are much more precise than the Wii ever were. If you don't have a huge backlog (like most CAGs), then I would get it. Otherwise, I'd wait for a good opportunity to get a discount on the controllers.
I remember reading somewhere that the implementation for Heavy Rain wasn't very good, so you may not end up playing it with Move.[/QUOTE]
I think the bigger issue is that there aren't a lot of triple-A titles availabe. If you haven't played RE5, or like Tiger Woods and HVB this is probably a great investment. For me, I got Sports Champions, and "Start The Party" (both are great)- but i'm itching for more titles. At launch, I bought EyePet and Kungfu Rider, but I returned them.

Waiting for The Shoot and Dead Space.

Almost done with Eyepet I agree with the videos giving false hope although it isn't as fuzzy as it once was on my camera just quite a bit blurry. Took me the longest time to figure out that you had to place the ball of the floor.

I just picked up a starter kit today. I'm in the process of setting it all up right now (damn slow system updates) and anxious to try it out.

Just curious on peoples thoughts about 1:1 controls. I have only tried one game, start the party, but it sure seems to be responsive enough to where its not broke, but no where near being 1:1. It feels like the wii still. I figured when I move the wand the cursor on the screen would move 1 to 1 with my hand, or am i putting to much on this thing? I have sports champions but thinking of not opening it and selling it. I'm pretty disappointed overall though. Hopefully they get some better games or the controls work.

I'mm getting the Move and some accessories from Eagl3 to review for my site. Anyone know if having a darker room will affect the tracking? I can always turn on the overhead light but it's florescent...

[quote name='SynGamer']I'mm getting the Move and some accessories from Eagl3 to review for my site. Anyone know if having a darker room will affect the tracking? I can always turn on the overhead light but it's florescent...[/QUOTE]

I've played Sports Champions at night in almost pitch black darkness perfectly, so your good (from my experience.)

Zoglog, that lady does not seem impressed at all with your weak Beat Sketcher creation.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Just curious on peoples thoughts about 1:1 controls. I have only tried one game, start the party, but it sure seems to be responsive enough to where its not broke, but no where near being 1:1. It feels like the wii still. I figured when I move the wand the cursor on the screen would move 1 to 1 with my hand, or am i putting to much on this thing? I have sports champions but thinking of not opening it and selling it. I'm pretty disappointed overall though. Hopefully they get some better games or the controls work.[/QUOTE]

With Sports Champions, the controls are pretty damn spot on. It feels much better than a Wii Remote. Comparing the Gladiator Battles to Wii Sports Resort's sword fighting was like night and day.

bread's done
Back