Playstation Move Mayhem Edition $89 at Best Buy

shadow17x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Not sure if this was posted anywhere else but the PS3 move Mayhem edition is $89 at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Co...8444836601&skuId=3991358&st=mayhem&cp=1&lp=15

Includes the PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter, one PlayStation Move motion controller, one PlayStation Move navigation controller, one PlayStation Eye camera, Resistance 3 game and Killzone 3 game.

There is a similar Resistance bundle called the Doomsday edition that does not include Killzone. Should be available for pickup or online order.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you guys mean by tiring? It's just to heavy to hold that sharpshooter up at the TV for long periods? Also I heard on Killzone 3 online the PS Move gives you a pretty good advantage for sniping.

Anybody who doesn't have a move should pick this up. The variety in games is pretty diverse and there are alot of good games that integrate Move very well.

Even if you don't end up liking KZ3/R3 you can easily just sell them along with the sharpshooter since there aren't really any other games besides MAG that warrant it.

[quote name='erickdj']So probably not worth it to play both KZ3 and Resistance 3 entirely with the sharpshooter controller? I'm mostly concerned about the single player experience with the sharpshooter, since I don't play multiplayer, I suck at playing online multiplayer anyway.

Is it LBP2 worth playing with the Move?[/QUOTE]
LPB2 is great with the move. And it makes creating your own levels a ton faster and easier.

[quote name='erickdj']This is what worries me, seems more like a novelty item and not something that can be enjoyed over long periods of time.[/QUOTE]
I bought a move awhile ago. I still play KZ3 multiplayer with it.

It takes awhile to get the settings right but after awhile I do better with Move then the DS3.
[quote name='Killerlampshade']This is what I'm wondering too. It's pretty much the only thing I'd use the Move for aside from maybe Sorcery when it comes out.[/QUOTE]
It works well. It works alot better with KZ3 then Resistance. Resistance doesn't work as well.

Heres what I suggest to people who want to use it for KZ3/R3.

Be Patient. It takes a bit to get it to work well. You need to fiddle with the settings but after you get it working well for you it works really well.

[quote name='yantelope']What do you guys mean by tiring? It's just to heavy to hold that sharpshooter up at the TV for long periods? Also I heard on Killzone 3 online the PS Move gives you a pretty good advantage for sniping.[/QUOTE]
I can see how it could get tiring to hold up the Sharpshooter. Not because of the weight but because you need to aim it at the screen constantly.

I do admit after an hour or so my arms start to get tired.

Move is really a let down. It's too awkward for FPS games. It also loses calibration (drift) on rail shooters like Time Crisis and HOTD Overkill. Sharpshooter is cool. but it's just too cumbersome and awkward to use after extended play.

I price adjusted my 12/23 purchase without a problem, but the clerk acted a little weird.

I told him it's cheaper now, and he looked in the computer and said "so you saw it for. . . $89.99?" Like he wasn't sure what price I saw, since I just said it was cheaper now then when I bought it.

Makes me wonder if it's in their system as going even lower soon.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Anybody who doesn't have a move should pick this up. The variety in games is pretty diverse and there are alot of good games that integrate Move very well.

Even if you don't end up liking KZ3/R3 you can easily just sell them along with the sharpshooter since there aren't really any other games besides MAG that warrant it.

LPB2 is great with the move. And it makes creating your own levels a ton faster and easier.

I bought a move awhile ago. I still play KZ3 multiplayer with it.

It takes awhile to get the settings right but after awhile I do better with Move then the DS3.

It works well. It works alot better with KZ3 then Resistance. Resistance doesn't work as well.

Heres what I suggest to people who want to use it for KZ3/R3.

Be Patient. It takes a bit to get it to work well. You need to fiddle with the settings but after you get it working well for you it works really well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, it's very useful to make my decision. One more question, though, Does the move/sharpshooter work with the KZ3 demo? I'm wondering about that because if I can try KZ3 with the move before I actually open the KZ3 package I could still sell it sealed if I don't like it. I'm contemplating keeping just the Move components and selling the two games and the sharpshooter.

Does Best Buy give rain checks on sale items that are out of stock? I don't want to order online since their free shipping usually takes a while and often my shipments arrive damaged.

[quote name='erickdj']Thanks for the reply, it's very useful to make my decision. One more question, though, Does the move/sharpshooter work with the KZ3 demo? I'm wondering about that because if I can try KZ3 with the move before I actually open the KZ3 package I could still sell it sealed if I don't like it. I'm contemplating keeping just the Move components and selling the two games and the sharpshooter.[/QUOTE]
I myself can't answer that. But I would imagine so

KZ3 is a great game whether you use Move or not.

I still can't come around to pulling the trigger for this bundle. I just opened up my KZ3 HE and don't know if this sharpshooter bundle is worth it yet.

[quote name='erickdj']Thanks for the reply, it's very useful to make my decision. One more question, though, Does the move/sharpshooter work with the KZ3 demo? I'm wondering about that because if I can try KZ3 with the move before I actually open the KZ3 package I could still sell it sealed if I don't like it. I'm contemplating keeping just the Move components and selling the two games and the sharpshooter.[/QUOTE]

KZ3 demo supports move but I remember it not working to well for me. Once I got the full version it seemed to be fine. So either the move implementation was fixed in the retail or it may have just been an issue on my end.

I bought this on black friday for 119.99. Price matched 2 weeks later to the 99.99. Went in today and price matched again no problem to the 89.99. So for those of you who picked it up or already price matched it will still work.

[quote name='hostyl1']BTW: How is pricematching handled if you use an RZ cert + cash? Do they refund as much as they can in points and then give back cash (say you had only used a $5 RZ cert) or do they refund cash first?

Corolary: If they refund RZ cert first, do you get a new expiration date? Or does it simply go back *as* points.[/QUOTE]The way they normally refund would be RZ cert then cash but it can be easily done to give cash back assuming the CSR is nice. The RZ points are just refunded not a cert.

[quote name='erickdj']I've got Little Big Planet 2, which has Move support and has some levels which are only playable with the Move. Is it LBP2 worth playing with the Move?[/QUOTE]

I grabbed the LBP2 Special Edition Move bundle when it dropped to $85 on Amazon, and it's fun with the Move...but, in the main game, you're still basically running around with an analog stick, jumping with a button, and using the shoulder buttons (the Move controller is largely used for extra functions like making sackboy look around or wiggle his hips). It's more worthwhile for the Move exclusive levels that have real Move integration, especially if you want to play the Rise of the Cakeling pack, Prehistoric Moves, or are interested in some of the fan created Move levels...or if you want to use it for editing.

So I finally bit on this deal. I remembered my dad as a rewardzone card and has made quite a few large purchases in the past, so I checked his reward points balance and was pleased to see he had enough for a $20 certificate. SCORE!!! So I ended up getting this bundle for $75 SHIPPED! Now that's what I call a steal considering everything that comes in the box.

[quote name='Jsidera']I'm getting a few Amazon GCs for my Bday. Anyway to get Amazon to price match?![/QUOTE]

Get Amazon to price match a Best Buy exclusive bundle? No.

Found one left at a Best Buy a bit down the way. it was actually hidden behind a bunch of Goldeneye bundles. Used a 20 reward Certificate and payed 70 plus tax.

back up to $99 on the best buy website. their are no stores around me that even have one, but when i went to vegas for a trip, they must of had 40+ of these.

Bought this at $89 and I have a mini review that might help others. So far the games I have tried have had 1:1 response and very tight controls using the Move. Absolutely wonderful with House of the Dead Overkill (I have always loved light gun shooters and the combination of the Sharp Shooter and red/green 3D glasses made me giddy). Looking forward to trying many other games with Move support and that is where I am sad. There are not that many games that support Move (or support Move WELL). My conclusion is that the $89 price tag for everything is a steal and well worth it for me and my House of the Dead love, but others might not find a lot a good games that support Move. I am hoping for more support in the future.

[quote name='Rainman']back up to $99 on the best buy website.[/QUOTE]

Wow! That was close, I'm so glad I ordered one a couple days ago, nearly missed on this deal. $89 sale price + $20 RZ certificate really made this a steal. The UPS tracking says I'll get it by monday.:applause:

bread's done
Back