Playstation Network Summer Sale. (Expires 8-9-2010)

Rouzhokuu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
-PS3

Fat Princess – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.
PixelJunk Shooter – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
Groovin’ Blocks – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
Madden NFL Arcade – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.
Wakeboarding HD – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.

-PSP

The Eye of Judgment Legends – $14.99 sale; $29.99 reg.
echoshift – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.
Patchwork Heroes – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars – $14.99 sale; $29.99 reg.
Lunar Silver Star Harmony – $14.99 sale; $29.99 reg.

-minis

Tetris – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
Dracula Undead Awakenings – $2.49 sale; $4.99 reg.
Monsters Probably Stole My Princess – $2.49 sale; $4.99 reg.
Zombie Tycoon – $2.49 sale; $4.99 reg.
Bloons – $1.49 sale; $2.99 reg.

Expires Monday, August 9, 2010.

Put those discounted PSN cards to work!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...t-princess-pixeljunk-chinatown-wars-and-more/

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']I'll consider PixelJunk Shooter and Chinatown Wars. Pretty good price for those.[/QUOTE]
I would get the psn version of Chinatown Wars from what I've read. The load time is horrible for the umd.

[quote name='lordopus99']hmm... to get Fat Princess or not... that is the question...:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

This was my exact thought... anyone have any opinions? Do a lot of people still play?

[quote name='TheBiz']Has anyone bought the Fat Princess DLC "Fat Roles"? Is it any good?

In for 1, finally, for Fat Princess. And if you don't have it already Pixel Junk Shooter is excellent.[/QUOTE]

I got the Fat Roles DLC a while back and have to say it is definitely a good add-on. Give you 3 more classes (Giant, Ninja, and Pirate) so it made gameplay more fun. The pirate is pretty good, but my kids like using the Giant. Not sure what other features it added, but the extra job classes made it worthwile for me and my kids alone.

On a side note: I don't have a PSP so is there any place I can check to see if I can DL a Mini game and make sure it plays on my PS3? I've heard some games do and some don't play on PS3

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']On a side note: I don't have a PSP so is there any place I can check to see if I can DL a Mini game and make sure it plays on my PS3? I've heard some games do and some don't play on PS3[/QUOTE]

search wikipedia

[quote name='bikeinurtrunk']Got Chinatown wars and it is amazing I'm one of those suckas who when I saw the trailers thought it looked dumb boy was I "ignant" it's one of the best gta's I've played liked this more than gta4 kinda sad. I can't believe they have lottery Scratchers in this game btw.[/QUOTE]

Awesome game I have it for :ds: the lottery tickets are cool one of my addictions in the game was The Drug Wars game. Seriously, Drug Wars should be in every GTA game from here on out.

My only issue with Chinatown Wars after the first 30 minutes is the driving camera, as I'd prefer if I could control it with the shoulder buttons and avoid the swirly camera that is the default.

I was hooked on the drug wars thing after the mission where Kenny had me pick up the coke at 5 bucks a bag and then I sold it for $999 I profited $5000. I like when the drug dealers hav their little commentary if u don't buy anything from them, really great writing!

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']On a side note: I don't have a PSP so is there any place I can check to see if I can DL a Mini game and make sure it plays on my PS3? I've heard some games do and some don't play on PS3[/QUOTE]

if you go under "games" then "minis", there are two categories of minis for the ps3 and the psp.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Am I the only one who picked up Eye of Judgment? Def a good and beefy card game. I miss playing digital card games.[/QUOTE]

How is it in comparison to the PS3 version? I liked the PS3 one, but I found it incredibly difficult at times...

How is Bloons? I played it on my computer and it's a lot of fun. How is it on the psp?

Also, it says on the PS Blog that Bloons is $1.49 but on the PSN store, it shows $1.99. What gives?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mtxbass1']How is it in comparison to the PS3 version? I liked the PS3 one, but I found it incredibly difficult at times...[/QUOTE]

It's not as impossible as the PS3 version. The AI plays more human and less robotic. It's actually very fun to play the CPU plus the fact that matches go by alot faster on the PSP version is great.

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']

Also, it says on the PS Blog that Bloons is $1.49 but on the PSN store, it shows $1.99. What gives?[/QUOTE]

On the official PSN blog, I'm seeing $1.99...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']It's not as impossible as the PS3 version. The AI plays more human and less robotic. It's actually very fun to play the CPU plus the fact that matches go by alot faster on the PSP version is great.[/QUOTE]

Would it be safe to assume that US expansions (if they release any) will not be compatible with the Europe version of the game? (I want the UMD). :)

Picked up Monsters (Probably) and Patchwork Heroes. Both great deals, the latter especially. Patchwork Heroes has a quick to dl low-mb demo on PSN that anyone even slighty curious should try out.

picked up lunar, patchwork, and eye of judgement.

EOJ is awesome. i've owned the ps3 version forever but have never got around to playing it because of setup time. this version is absolutely perfect for me, and it's addictive and challenging. loving everything about it.

Picked up "Tetris" and "Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess" yesterday. Tetris is Tetris so if you've played it before and enjoy it you'll like this one. Monsters though left me disappointed. I knew it was a mini and all but I thought that at 101MB the game would last me at LEAST a few hours. Sadly I was finished with it in less than 20 minutes. I guess the reason it's such a big file is because of all the laugh tracks they must have for the main guy (he does a lot of laughing). Shame too, because it's a fun game to play, just terribly, terribly short.:whistle2:(

Picked up Lunar, Patchwork Heroes and Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess. I got addicted to Patchwork and Monsters very quickly, I had a tough time completing the first combo to the fullest so this should keep me entertained for hours just trying to perfect it.

Downloading Patchwork Heroes to my PSP right now. Wondering what else is worth it before the sale ends.

Does anyone have an opinion on Echoshift for the PSP?

I have checked as far back as page 5 of this thread and found nothing about it, promoting or bashing the game. I played Echochrome since it came with my PSP and it was pretty good.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Downloading Patchwork Heroes to my PSP right now. Wondering what else is worth it before the sale ends.

Does anyone have an opinion on Echoshift for the PSP?

I have checked as far back as page 5 of this thread and found nothing about it, promoting or bashing the game. I played Echochrome since it came with my PSP and it was pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Play the demo. It gets high reviews, but I'm passing on it myself. The demo really turned me off to the idea of it. It felt like the premise had been done before.

[quote name='Vector']Picked up "Tetris" and "Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess" yesterday. Tetris is Tetris so if you've played it before and enjoy it you'll like this one. Monsters though left me disappointed. I knew it was a mini and all but I thought that at 101MB the game would last me at LEAST a few hours. Sadly I was finished with it in less than 20 minutes. I guess the reason it's such a big file is because of all the laugh tracks they must have for the main guy (he does a lot of laughing). Shame too, because it's a fun game to play, just terribly, terribly short.:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I beat the game in like 15 minutes, but there's definltely replay value by going for the high scores and unlocking the in-game trophies and scrapbook images.

Is pixeljunk shooter worth it guys? I heard you could finish it in 2-3 hours, though I can't complain for that price point. Or should just buy some other pixeljunk game? Thanks for any input!

[quote name='NEgami']Is pixeljunk shooter worth it guys? I heard you could finish it in 2-3 hours, though I can't complain for that price point. Or should just buy some other pixeljunk game? Thanks for any input![/QUOTE]

Best PSN game.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Best PSN game.[/QUOTE]

Bought the game after playing the demo. Thanks for your feedback.

I picked up Chinatown Wars and Tetris. I hope another sale comes along on Tuesday.

Oh and god the Tetris music is awful I wish it was just the classic gameboy chiptune sound

[quote name='gravel']I went with PJ Shooter and Fat Princess, I haven't tried them yet, but I hope they're good.[/QUOTE]

both are excellent, fat princess is a blast :)

Picked up Tetris, Patchword and Echoshift, probably going to get EoJ and Monsters (probably) Stole My Princess.

Question:

The sale ends tonight at 12 right? I need to get two more games...

[quote name='Serpentor']Picked up Tetris, Patchword and Echoshift, probably going to get EoJ and Monsters (probably) Stole My Princess.

Question:

The sale ends tonight at 12 right? I need to get two more games...[/QUOTE]

In the past, the sale will end when the new update shows up, so more like around 5-6PM ET. Amazon updates at night though, so their prices may change earlier.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']In the past, the sale will end when the new update shows up, so more like around 5-6PM ET. Amazon updates at night though, so their prices may change earlier.[/QUOTE]

Oh crap, I hope I can catch the sale this evening...

wait, the store doesn't update until Tuesday PM times..I bet they just put 8/9 to cover themselves, but I think it will last for most of the day tomorrow..

Luckily, I got everything I wanted, passed up Patchwork Heroes..may get Bloons in the nick-of-time if I get the urge to spend some money..

Dled Patchwork Heroes, and Monsters probably stole my princess. I am really enjoying Patchwork. I didn't think I'd get hooked but it's a great buy @ $5 dollars.

I'll likely pull the trigger on EoJ tonite, and possibly Pixel Junk.

Anyone have any thoughts on Lunar?

Picked up GTA: Chinatown Wars. I can transfer the game to my friends PSP as many times as I want right?

PS was CAG.com not working for anyone else yesterday?

[quote name='ivanctorres']Anyone have any thoughts on Lunar?[/QUOTE]
Lunar is one of, if not my favorite RPG of all time. I have the original for Sega CD and played the shit out of it. Highly recommend.

bread's done
Back