Playstation NGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpgfan

CAGiversary!
PSP NGP

It may be a little early to talk about this but some of you might have seen the live conference that was set in Japan a couple of days ago. The new PSP and it definitely tops the older version and N3DS. Even Amazon has the specs:

"Multi-touch 5-inch organic light emitting display (OLED) as the front display
Multi-touch pad on the rear of the device
Dual analog sticks
Two cameras (front and rear)
Software titles on small, dedicated flash memory-based cards
Three motion sensors, gyroscope, accelerometer and electronic compass
Wi-Fi and 3G* network connectivity
PlayStation Network access, including "LiveArea," "Near" and "Activity" log features Trophy Support
NGP will be able to play PSP titles, minis, PS one classics, video and comics from the PlayStation Store"
:drool:

While some of us are excited about the NGP (I can't imageine why they used the NeoGeo Pocket acronym), this isn't a general discussion forum. Just a heads up, before you get slammed with hate responses.

Video game deals ONLY. We don't even know the price of the thing, and it's not going to be a deal.

Before a bunch of fat people slam you, i just want to let you know this is the wrong forum. This one is for deals only, this'd be better suited for either the general industy news forum or the ps3 forum. Just wanted to let you know, without being a cockhat.

boo-man.gif

While a discussion is always nice, this really isn't the place to do it until a price is announced. Hence it not being a deal.

This must explain why the black friday psp bundle only has a trade in value of $34 on amazon right now. Surprisingly the dsi xl went up to $100 tradein.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Before a bunch of fat people slam you, i just want to let you know this is the wrong forum. This one is for deals only, this'd be better suited for either the general industy news forum or the ps3 forum. Just wanted to let you know, without being a cockhat.[/QUOTE]

Mission failed.

Any estimate on the price range?
$300 and under is where I want it but it seems to be like $400-$500 or even more...

it's just one thread.

it won't kill anyone to have it here.

jesus.

Any estimate on the price range?
$300 and under is where I want it but it seems to be like $400-$500 or even more...

For $300 you can buy a PS3 Slim so it would be a WTF (...palin) moment where you could buy a blu-ray player or a handheld device that acts like a smartphone but isn't. So I'm hoping for $250. I'll buy it anyways since I already have a PS3 and I love my PSP -1000. I bought the ps3 at launch so I've already proven that I'd pay a ridiculous amount for something that'll be half-off in two years time. Oh well. Sony already announced that they'll take a hit on it, sales-wise but plan on recuperating the costs with software, as they've always done. Cross fingers.

As if this thread was needed since the 3DS thread has already been hijacked by PSP2 talk. Stop being hard-headed fanboys.

It's, at the very least, 10 months away from the PSP2 release.

Yeah, we already have a vibrant thread going on about it here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284977

I admit, I often only look at the Deals forum myself and so when any concrete preorder info comes out (price and release date plus stores taking preorders for that price) it can have a Deals thread like the 3DS does.

But, c'mon, the system is several months away - it makes perfect sense to look for such a thread about just newly announced hardware in the PSP section of CAG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back