PlayStation Now Subscription Program: All The Details

S

starmask2k3

Link here http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/05/playstation-now-subscription-program-all-the-details/#sf6733281

You’ll be able to choose from two subscription plans: one month for $19.99, or a three-month package for $44.99 (about $15 per month). 

Don't know if you will get a discount for PlayStation+ members

Also, to celebrate the launch of the subscription service, a free PlayStation Now theme will be available for PS4 users in early January. If you download the theme before January 31, you’ll be automatically entered into a drawing for a chance to win a one-year subscription to PlayStation Now. I hope you will give the new PlayStation Now subscription a try, and I look forward to hearing your continued feedback as we grow the service.

I just saw this on the IGN app and came here. The prices for rentals during the beta were just absurd, but this seems like a much better deal.

As some are doing, it is somewhat similar in pricing to Gamefly, so I think that was a smart move by Sony.  I don't think it will take off like Netflix, but it can have better results then gamefly.

I had hoped the price would be lower as well, or at least that there would be some sort of PS+ discount. However when actually comparing it to other options available, its not such a bad deal. The main issue is the current lack of games in the line up but that will expand as the product grows. 

What I do not understand is all the game media outlets and even like site admin on here that are acting like the price is something atrocious. If you take the 3 month option, you are essential paying the same for the service as you would a single MMO for a month and less than the 15.95 that Gamefly charges for the month for the 1 out at a time plan. Again, the lack of selection in available games is not quite there yet, but you get access to every game in the collection not just the one you have currently chosen to have out. There would be no "Long Wait" times either if a disc is popular or in low stock. 

Add that in with the ability to play on the Vita or PS TV and gets a little better. 

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that would get me to subscribe every now and then is if they added some of the weird PS2 titles I played long ago. Shadow Hearts... That'd be worth $20 to me.

It should of been 9.99 for 1 month ,3 months for 17.99 and 6 months for 34.99 and 1 year for 49.99

It should of been 9.99 for 1 month ,3 months for 17.99 and 6 months for 34.99 and 1 year for 49.99
yupp, Sony would definitely go out of business... Netflix is 8.99 a month and that is movies, that are only the fraction of the cost of video games. Not to mention Redbox charges $3 a day for games, and game fly charges $20 a month for one game at a time. So your pricing is practially asking for it to be free. the cheapest they could possible do this would be $150 a year, and then go up from there.

That's what they charge for PlayStation+
PSNow is offering a lot more games than PS+, thought the services are not similar. I am interested to see what happens with EA Access in the future. Obviously not as big a library as Sony but they are offering current gen games at a pretty competitive price point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool service.  If I had more free time and less of a backlog, I'd be all over this.  $15/month is a good value if you plan on playing at least 20+ hours per month.

The price is a lot lower then I was expecting. Seems a lot of people wanted a lower price and that just not very probable. They can't give the service away. Count me in though. I have a PS4, PS3, PSTV, & PS Vita, so being able to play any PSNow game on all those systems would be worth it to me. Can't wait until they add a few games I missed on PS3. Also there seems to be game a that both of my kids would enjoy playing as well. Looks like out of the gate it will only be available on PS4 as the subscription plan.

Yeah, I agree that the price is lot lower; but, it still isnt enticing enough to just jump in. They should look at current game rental programs and structure it along the same lines. The advantage sony would have is that the whole thing is digital so you dont really have to anything to get your game.

A 14.99/m subscription with option to get the whole year for 149.99 would be pretty awesome.

shocked having ps plus does not give some form of discount or say like so many hours a month. i think i will give it a try at least for a month. i hope they fixed the button input lag i had during beta.

shocked having ps plus does not give some form of discount or say like so many hours a month. i think i will give it a try at least for a month. i hope they fixed the button input lag i had during beta.
They are giving everyone a 7 day free trial, so you can check before you pay

I'll probably buy the 3 month package sometime later in the year when my holiday backlog starts running a little dry.  Already played most of the PS3 games I care about though so I'll really have to stretch to make it worth the money.

Seems like it could be very interesting on Vita but likely requiring constant Wifi will kill it a bit.

If they make all the PS3 games ever made available on PSNow, may be I can sell my ps3 after all. Any PS1/PS2 classics would be a bonus. I am not jumping on it anytime soon, either ways.

Way too much for me. I'm out.Sad Sony knows what games I played/own ever since I started ps+. But I still have to pay 20$ a month for the convience to play on ps4. Nope.

So it looks you will not be able to use that 10% off code on PlayStation now

Last edited:
bread's done
Back