Playstation Rewards program is back!

Perhaps "hours" is pushing it a little, but it's certainly more than 25 minutes. It would take at least that long just to download the game demo (probably longer with the PSN servers), which was needed for one of the challenges. But my main point here is that regardless of how long it took, it simply didn't feel like time well spent.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Perhaps "hours" is pushing it a little, but it's certainly more than 25 minutes. It would take at least that long just to download the game demo (probably longer with the PSN servers), which was needed for one of the challenges. But my main point here is that regardless of how long it took, it simply didn't feel like time well spent.[/QUOTE]

It's funny that you think you actually have to download a demo to earn points.

[quote name='SgtRamirez']Can't wait for these free games and then the free games for the PSN being down. Great month to be a PS3 gamer...Unless, of course, you take offense to not being able to play anything online or stream Netflix. As Homer Simpson said, "D'oh!"[/QUOTE]

Uh, Netflix still works, so I'm told.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Perhaps "hours" is pushing it a little, but it's certainly more than 25 minutes. It would take at least that long just to download the game demo (probably longer with the PSN servers), which was needed for one of the challenges. But my main point here is that regardless of how long it took, it simply didn't feel like time well spent.[/QUOTE]

Doing polls and forum posts should be enough to get you to the 661-990 range over the course of the month (forgoing the pictures.... and videos havent been used since last years program). 25 minutes over the course of the month is generous given the quality of some of the house party community's posts.

That being said, I'm with admiralvic. You've posted enough pointlessness in this thread that your "costly" energy and time could would definitely be best served elsewhere. If it feels too low brow or time consuming, I might suggest sending in a request to leave the PS Rewards program to make room for somebody who will actually care to participate without complaining. There are quite a few people here who didn't get accepted and would love the open slot.

Just wondering if anyone else got an email saying that all of us participants are going to get the MLB Show game and also the Apocalypse game regardless of points!? I've attached the details from my email below, but great news all!

Congrats on this Month and a Huge Thanks from PlayStation®

We’re so glad to be back this month and so glad you participated on the Online Rewards Program. You rocked at blogging, posting pictures, answering polls and more!
We know you couldn’t earn as many rewards points as you wanted with the PlayStation®Network site not working properly. So in appreciation for your effort and patience, we’re not only giving you MLB® 11 The Show™, but next month’s game, MotorStorm® Apocalypse, as well. This way, you can put the pedal to the metal and maximize the number of rewards points you earn in May.
Look for your rewards coming in the mail next week and check out what's going on this month on the party site!

[quote name='jmarano7836']Just wondering if anyone else got an email saying that all of us participants are going to get the MLB Show game and also the Apocalypse game regardless of points!? I've attached the details from my email below, but great news all!

Congrats on this Month and a Huge Thanks from PlayStation®

We’re so glad to be back this month and so glad you participated on the Online Rewards Program. You rocked at blogging, posting pictures, answering polls and more!
We know you couldn’t earn as many rewards points as you wanted with the PlayStation®Network site not working properly. So in appreciation for your effort and patience, we’re not only giving you MLB® 11 The Show™, but next month’s game, MotorStorm® Apocalypse, as well. This way, you can put the pedal to the metal and maximize the number of rewards points you earn in May.
Look for your rewards coming in the mail next week and check out what's going on this month on the party site!

[/QUOTE]

I believe it was everyone, but were not sure if everyone gets both or only the 661+. Current belief is everyone, but I think it will just be the 661+

[quote name='admiralvic']I believe it was everyone, but were not sure if everyone gets both or only the 661+. Current belief is everyone, but I think it will just be the 661+[/QUOTE]

I've been signed up for the program and received the message, and have 0 points, which points me to believe everyone :D

I didn't get the email, and I had 0 points. :( I tried doing stuff but I never got credited any points. Also, is anyone else having problems posting blogs? I keep trying to and I get the message "Post could not be saved".

I had less than 100 points during the mlb month and i also got the email stating i'll be getting both games. Here's hoping the games show up in my mail box next week :D.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I didn't get the email, and I had 0 points. :( I tried doing stuff but I never got credited any points. Also, is anyone else having problems posting blogs? I keep trying to and I get the message "Post could not be saved".[/QUOTE]

I'm getting both games & I had zero points. I did however participate in posting on user topics, commenting on the official blog & voted in at least 1 poll but I never got credit except once for which challenge I can't remember but then the next day when I signed back in to the site my credits/points were gone!

[quote name='retail sucks']I'm getting both games & I had zero points. I did however participate in posting on user topics, commenting on the official blog & voted in at least 1 poll but I never got credit except once for which challenge I can't remember but then the next day when I signed back in to the site my credits/points were gone![/QUOTE]
I posted in the user topics and voted on the polls. I never got anything credited that I noticed. I really hope that I just lost the email and will actually be getting the games.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I posted in the user topics and voted on the polls. I never got anything credited that I noticed. I really hope that I just lost the email and will actually be getting the games.[/QUOTE]

I hope so too, I think everyone who tried deserves the games. I think the poll was the challenge I initially got points for, 30 points I believe, and then the next day it was back to zero.

I've had problems with HP in the past, first I was disqualified from the 2nd MOVE party for no reason which I got an email saying I had changed my info or some BS which was not true(happened to others here & on Slick Deals as well) and almost made me quit the site, then I wasn't accepted in the first round of Playstation Rewards though I'm an adult hardcore gamer of 25+ years with two PS3's :hot:

I think to get picked for these parties/events it's all about luck and when picking participants HP uses a list & the old "1-2 skip a few method" without even reading applications or looking at accounts.

Got my approval today.

I tried to do the polls, but didn't seem to get credit for them. Hhmmm.. Time to try and figure this out. Do the points usually show up instantly?

[quote name='SkankButta']Got my approval today.

I tried to do the polls, but didn't seem to get credit for them. Hhmmm.. Time to try and figure this out. Do the points usually show up instantly?[/QUOTE]

Delayed between 1 min to 1 hour

[quote name='SkankButta']Got my approval today.

I tried to do the polls, but didn't seem to get credit for them. Hhmmm.. Time to try and figure this out. Do the points usually show up instantly?[/QUOTE]
Nothing you do that gives you points seems to register immediately. I give it a few minutes at least. Usually I do everything, go watch a few YouTube videos, and then come back to make sure everything gave points, which they have by that time.

Also, make sure you were actually signed in when you did the polls. The site has a nasty habit of signing people out when they try to do the polls.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I had the full 990 points but haven't received the email. I better get my rewards >_>[/QUOTE]

I really wonder if everyone will get the games even if an email didn't come. I sent them an email, and they said anyone who had enough points for the lowest prize gets the games. The lowest prize is 0 to 330 or something, so everyone should qualify.

Hey...

I am new to this... How do i post a blog? I was just accepted and I want to do these tasks:

30 Points: Post a photo of you and your family having a MotorStorm® Apocalypse tournament.
30 Points: Tell us in a new blog post which game in the MotorStorm® series is your family’s favorite and why.
30 Points: Post a photo of an XMB playlist featuring your family’s favorite road rage tunes (please label all songs correctly).
30 Points: Tell us in a new blog post which movie your family finds most similar to MotorStorm® Apocalypse and why.
30 Points: Post a blog talking about what type of movies your family watches from the PlayStation®Network.

Any help for getting starting would be great! Thanks!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Hey...

I am new to this... How do i post a blog? I was just accepted an I want to do these tasks:

30 Points: Post a photo of you and your family having a MotorStorm® Apocalypse tournament.
30 Points: Tell us in a new blog post which game in the MotorStorm® series is your family’s favorite and why.
30 Points: Post a photo of an XMB playlist featuring your family’s favorite road rage tunes (please label all songs correctly).
30 Points: Tell us in a new blog post which movie your family finds most similar to MotorStorm® Apocalypse and why.
30 Points: Post a blog talking about what type of movies your family watches from the PlayStation®Network.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
For the love of god OP -.- post you dont need to do the challenges...

Activity Points left to earn in the next 2 days Total Points Earned
Upload a photo 0 60
Add a PartyTalk Post 0 90
Comment on a Sponsored Post 0 90
Comment on a PartyTalk Post 0 36
Vote in a poll 0 54

Those are the real tasks...

Upload 2 pics doesnt matter what.
http://www.houseparty.com/conversations/partytalk_add_post/psrewards2011 Post 3 of them.
reply to the post with the challenges listed.
reply to 3 posts on the page

[quote name='admiralvic']For the love of god OP -.- post you dont need to do the challenges...

Activity Points left to earn in the next 2 days Total Points Earned
Upload a photo 0 60
Vote in a poll 0 54

Those are the real tasks...

Upload 2 pics doesnt matter what.
http://www.houseparty.com/conversations/partytalk_add_post/psrewards2011 Post 3 of them.
reply to the post with the challenges listed.
reply to 3 posts on the page[/QUOTE]

Ahh...

Where do I upload the 2 pics?

Post 3 of what?

I replied to the post with the challenges listed!

I took all 3 polls!

What do you mean reply to 3 posts on the page?

Sorry for all of the questions! I am trying to grasp this program! I am new, and want to get used to it. Free PS3 first party games is AMAZING!

Thanks!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Ahh...

Where do I upload the 2 pics?

Post 3 of what?

I replied to the post with the challenges listed!

I took all 3 polls!

What do you mean reply to 3 posts on the page?

Sorry for all of the questions! I am trying to grasp this program! I am new, and want to get used to it. Free PS3 first party games is AMAZING!

Thanks![/QUOTE]

My party > Upload pics

Doesnt matter

You need 3 replies

k

Go to the party page and reply to 3 posts

[quote name='admiralvic']My party > Upload pics

Doesnt matter

You need 3 replies

k

Go to the party page and reply to 3 posts[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by "you need 3 replies"

Also, I posted on 3 sponsered conversations... and a normal conversation.... does that count as the 3 "replies"

Sorry- I am just trying to grasp all of this!

I also uploaded 3 motorstorm pictures!

Also, how often can we do these things? Once a week? When does the week start and end? I wish the OP had all of this information...

I've been trying to add blogs all day and it won't let me. It fucking sucks.

Edit: You find the info on when it starts/ends by clicking the "My Party" tab and scrolling down. The info's under your point total, FlameofDoom.

All of that mentioned above only adds up to 330. How do we create a blog post? Their links just take me to my dashboard and it says I'm already logged in. -_-

[quote name='flameofdoom666']What do you mean by "you need 3 replies"

Also, I posted on 3 sponsered conversations... and a normal conversation.... does that count as the 3 "replies"

Sorry- I am just trying to grasp all of this!

I also uploaded 3 motorstorm pictures![/QUOTE]

you have no idea how badly I want to smack you... you REPLY to the topics you post... THATS EVEN HOW THE ORIGINAL WAS WRITTEN...

Comment on a PartyTalk Post

Not seeing whats so **** hard to grasp here...

@ Flame/boy

It's based off periods thats why it ends with 990 points. There are 3 weeks where you do the same thing. Each time you hit 330 you're caped for that period.

[quote name='admiralvic']you have no idea how badly I want to smack you... you REPLY to the topics you post... THATS EVEN HOW THE ORIGINAL WAS WRITTEN...

Comment on a PartyTalk Post

Not seeing whats so **** hard to grasp here...

@ Flame/boy

It's based off periods thats why it ends with 990 points. There are 3 weeks where you do the same thing. Each time you hit 330 you're caped for that period.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I am just new to this. I am not used to how to navigate the site etc... Sorry for being bothorsome. You helped me out a lot though! Thanks!

[quote name='FadeToOne']It's funny that you think you actually have to download a demo to earn points.[/QUOTE]
One of the challenges was to take a picture of yourself playing the game with specific teams. How do you suggest one does that without either downloading the demo or renting/buying/borrowing the game?

[quote name='dyeknom']Doing polls and forum posts should be enough to get you to the 661-990 range over the course of the month[/QUOTE]
Perhaps. But that's not the case when you join the site halfway into the month, which I did. My only hope would've been partaking in the pictures, playlists, and whatnot.

[quote name='dyeknom']You've posted enough pointlessness in this thread that your "costly" energy and time could would [sic] definitely be best served elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
And it is best served elsewhere the rest of the day. Am I not allowed to take a break and spend some time on the forums?

[quote name='dyeknom']participate without complaining.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's great. I most certainly wasn't complaining, though. All I said is that I didn't want to do their tasks in an effort to get a game I don't care about, so I stopped. I also made it very clear that I didn't want to do the tasks because of that specific game. I was more than happy to do the tasks for MotorStorm: Apocalypse because it is a game I actually want and I felt that it was worth the effort (and now I don't have to worry about it). Just because I don't want every game offered, it doesn't mean that I don't think this is a great program. You seem to have an issue with context.

Let me make it easier... Sport game I don't want = not worth the effort. Racing game I do want = worth the effort. Posting on this forum = fun for a little while. Posting on their forum = not so fun. Beignets = tasty. You + me = instant BFFs.

[quote name='ZombieToast']One of the challenges was to take a picture of yourself playing the game with specific teams. How do you suggest one does that without either downloading the demo or renting/buying/borrowing the game?
[/QUOTE]

For the 3rd time, and 2nd time on this page. THE CHALLENGES ARE JUST OPTIONAL TASKS FOR FUN. Even without doing any pictures you only lose 180 points and when you only need 661 its still achievable.

edit just to end this...

18 random posts
9 random topics
9 poll posts

Over a 3 week period = 1 game. Its hard to come up with a reason why this is too much effort for an item that is valued at 30 currently.

DAMN IT!!! I signed up for this a week or so ago when the MLB contest was on, but just now got accepted. Now I find out all you fuckers got MLB and MotorStorm? lol. Lucky bastards! I'm hoping that MotorStorm comes with Move Heroes, as I've already won Move Hereos through subway. Would have liked to won MLB as well.

[quote name='admiralvic']For the 3rd time, and 2nd time on this page. THE CHALLENGES ARE JUST OPTIONAL TASKS FOR FUN. Even without doing any pictures you only lose 180 points and when you only need 661 its still achievable.

edit just to end this...

18 random posts
9 random topics
9 poll posts

Over a 3 week period = 1 game. Its hard to come up with a reason why this is too much effort for an item that is valued at 30 currently.[/QUOTE]
And like I said, I joined halfway through the month, which is only TWO weeks. I also never said that it was TOO MUCH effort; I said it's NOT WORTH the effort. It's not about the AMOUNT of time but rather the VALUE of it; you know, that whole quality-over-quantity cliché. If you're going to be my BFF, you need to pay closer attention to what I say.

I see no point in arguing this further because we're getting nowhere, I have a hard time imagining that either of us actually care all that much, and that game's promotion is over anyway. We can just say you won.

Yay free stuff?

[quote name='ZombieToast']
I see no point in arguing this further because we're getting nowhere, I have a hard time imagining that either of us actually care all that much, and that game's promotion is over anyway. We can just say you won.

Yay free stuff?[/QUOTE]

Well its more interesting than the people claiming the vividgamer LA Noire contest is too much effort, but yeah I don't so... I guess I agree.

G damn. Just got 330 pts.

You guys think its too late to get the 2 free games if we just got like 330 or wateve the max is just recently?

Damn, shouldda done this before.

[quote name='darknight88']G damn. Just got 330 pts.

You guys think its too late to get the 2 free games if we just got like 330 or wateve the max is just recently?

Damn, shouldda done this before.[/QUOTE]

it was the last promo... so getting points now will only get you move heroes

[quote name='admiralvic']it was the last promo... so getting points now will only get you move heroes[/QUOTE]

I hope the mayhem pack also includes MotorStorm. Last month people got MLB and MotorStorm. Move Heroes doesn't even compare.

Which are the polls we should be doing? The 3 on the "Party Central" page? It doesn't seem to be working for me...

Here is my status:

Activity Points left to earn Total Points Earned
Upload a photo 0 60
Vote in a poll 0 54

Is another poll around that I am missing??

[quote name='warpedsoul']I hope the mayhem pack also includes MotorStorm. Last month people got MLB and MotorStorm. Move Heroes doesn't even compare.[/QUOTE]

You think they are going to be giving away MotorStorm twice? I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Well the email says Motorstorm was this months game, and they were giving it away with MLB for being patient about PSN going down. I could see it being part of the Mayhem pack. The website is all about sharing and playing together, so they will probably ask the people who already got it to give it to a friend. What else is the Mayhem pack going to be? I expect the Move, but thats not "Mayhem". The theme is Unleash the Mayhem, and is all about Motorstorm.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flameofdoom666']Which are the polls we should be doing? The 3 on the "Party Central" page? It doesn't seem to be working for me...

Here is my status:

Activity Points left to earn Total Points Earned
Upload a photo 0 60
Vote in a poll 0 54

Is another poll around that I am missing??[/QUOTE]
No, those 3 polls on the Party Central page are the only 3 to complete. Looking at what you posted you already have the points from completing them.
If the 0 is in the left column and the 54 is in the right column then that means you already have the 54 points from completing the survey and have to wait till the next round starts before the polls give points again. Each poll only gives points once per round.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Well the email says Motorstorm was this months game, and they were giving it away with MLB for being patient about PSN going down. I could see it being part of the Mayhem pack. The website is all about sharing and playing together, so they will probably ask the people who already got it to give it to a friend. What else is the Mayhem pack going to be? I expect the Move, but thats not "Mayhem". The theme is Unleash the Mayhem, and is all about Motorstorm.[/QUOTE]

Considering the "Mayhem" theme and the grungy graphics on the promo art, Motorstorm was probably the top prize for this month before getting subbed for Move Heroes. So they move Motorstorm to active participants (and some not-so-active, it seems) to help them with May's challenges and Move Heroes gets slotted in. I could see the Mayhem pack staying with whatever they're planning on offering + a Move/Eye as a last-minute add-on for the now top prize of Move Heroes.

And nobody complains about Move not being "Mayhem" because everyone loves free stuff! :lol:

I would think that the Mayhem Pack is something to do with Motorstorm, like a bag or something like that. I would have never thought that the game would be sent out twice. That would be a bit overboard. But we shall see, I guess.

[quote name='popular penguin']Is there any reason someone should accumulate 990 points?[/QUOTE]

It's not that hard
It's not that much effort
and it shows companies to keep it up

As far the Mayhem pack... IT WILL NOT BE MOTORSTORM!!! If you think it is then I dont know what you're thinking. Motorstorm is a far better title to market with the program than Move Heroes.

Motorstorm:
- Based off the months theme.
- Newer
- Reviewed better
- Cost more to buy
- Not move required

Move Heroes:
- Reviewed poorly
- Cheaper and in many cases free
- Requires the move to boot the game

Most likely the mayhem pack will be something interesting like a shirt and maybe a bag. I think since they replaced Motorstorm with Move Heroes people are expecting an item to break the cost difference (20 usd). I wouldnt expect much, but its hard to really know.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']No, those 3 polls on the Party Central page are the only 3 to complete. Looking at what you posted you already have the points from completing them.
If the 0 is in the left column and the 54 is in the right column then that means you already have the 54 points from completing the survey and have to wait till the next round starts before the polls give points again. Each poll only gives points once per round.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, interesting. You were right that I should have had 330 points, but that wasn't the case! I was out for a few hours, but now, I seem to have the 330 points for the week- and it updated as well (it says 1 day left, instead of 2). There was some sort of delay. Besides, I did the polls 3 times- so maybe that helped too, haha.

Thanks!

Got all the points I figured I needed for the first week, so I'll be back for more later. At least I remembered to come back this time, though, I didn't get hurt since they're sending me the two games anyway. Wish I would've stuck with this since I got accepted at the very beginning. I thought it was harder, but I guess I didn't pay close enough attention.

It wouldn't make any sense to have a Move title as the reward, and not give an actual Move accessory as the Mayhem pack. Less than 1/4 of the people in the program would be able to even play it. I believe the Move was given away as a prize pack last year too with a couple games.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']It wouldn't make any sense to have a Move title as the reward, and not give an actual Move accessory as the Mayhem pack. Less than 1/4 of the people in the program would be able to even play it. I believe the Move was given away as a prize pack last year too with a couple games.[/QUOTE]

But wasnt that to a very small number of people (though PSrewards) and Houseparty had several move parties you might be thinking of.

bread's done
Back