Playstation Rewards program is back!

If I wasn't going to play the game(s) I received, I would still keep them. I have a sister that loves gaming as much as I do, and I always have my friends over so it's always a nice gesture to have more games.

[quote name='bfett9']May be a bit early to talk about next month but from the looks of it we are getting MLB The Show 12
http://www.amazon.com/MLB-12-Show-P..._9?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1327966681&sr=1-9
Unless anyone sees any other Sony ps3 titles I doubt they'll be giving us Uncharted 3, but I could be wrong![/QUOTE]

I hope not, lol. I didn't mind playing last year's game when we received. I honestly think I would sell that game if they gave us that. I hope you're wrong, lol. I have no idea what they're going to give away though.

[quote name='vic_x51']i dunno, i wouldn't call them stupid. They are probably just not THAT into videogames. I mean sure you tell someone you got whatever for free, and anyone will get excited & want to get in on it but unless its something they are really into then they won't care enough to do the work, however little it is.[/QUOTE]

They may not be that excited, but let's say that the TIV for GT5XL will be $32, that means this person is just throwing away easy $32 (or a nice gift for someone, and I'm not mentioning the other things that could be sold on eBay) it doesn't take much effort to do all the tasks and get to Tier 3 (actually I think it's easier than anything else I've seen, such as swagbucks or other sites, you name it.)

[quote name='bfett9']May be a bit early to talk about next month but from the looks of it we are getting MLB The Show 12
http://www.amazon.com/MLB-12-Show-P..._9?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1327966681&sr=1-9
Unless anyone sees any other Sony ps3 titles I doubt they'll be giving us Uncharted 3, but I could be wrong![/QUOTE]

I feel like a broken record when I see these posts ><

They gave away a year + old title.
They gave away a title we never heard of beore.
They didn't give away "the only choices" repeatedly.
They gave away 3rd party games...

what am I saying? Unless its rated M, it could happen...

They gave out sports games published by other companies presumably because they thought there was a desire for them or they fit well in the program. The Show seems likely to me for that reason, but it's by no means the only way they might go.

[quote name='LoganDX']Good point. Damn those ratings! :)[/QUOTE]

Yea, damn those ratings that keep us away from a real GTA rated AO

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']So is the rewards program pretty good?[/QUOTE]

It is if you like getting free stuff like this:
DSCF3344.jpg

Three of those games, Resistance 1 & 3 and Valkyria Chronicles, did NOT come from House Party.

I signed up for this in July 2011, but I don't fully understand what to do in order to get the games >.< Anyone have a quick breakdown/rundown on what to do? I really wanted that GT, but just realized it a little too late. I can definitely get in on this in the upcoming ones if I get into it. I think when I had originally signed up, I have just missed out on something so nothing was going on on that site so I was lost.

[quote name='Ellahjay88']I signed up for this in July 2011, but I don't fully understand what to do in order to get the games >.< Anyone have a quick breakdown/rundown on what to do? I really wanted that GT, but just realized it a little too late. I can definitely get in on this in the upcoming ones if I get into it. I think when I had originally signed up, I have just missed out on something so nothing was going on on that site so I was lost.[/QUOTE]

The OP explains it all (it also has links to the different areas), you have to do the polls upload 2 pictures, participate in blogs (start 3 and comment on 3 of other and 3 of Playstation's). Doing this will give you points. How many points you have in the end decides which prize tier you get.

Breakdown for this month. We're getting MLB 12 The Show.

For the February Jak and Daxter Collection™ theme, the rewards are:
0 – 660 points: Jak and Daxter Poster
661 – 1000 points: Jak and Daxter Poster and ModNation™ Racers Beta
1001+ points: Jak and Daxter Poster, ModNation™ Racers Beta and MLB® 12: The Show™ Game
Check out the weekly challenges [links to: February Tasks & Points party favor] and earn as many points as you can before time is up!

Not sure what this Modnation Racers Beta is though. Only version I know coming out is of the Vita. Anyone have a clue?

[quote name='jamehze']
Not sure what this Modnation Racers Beta is though. Only version I know coming out is of the Vita. Anyone have a clue?[/QUOTE]

WOOOH ! we're getting free vitas so we can beta test modnation racers on it !

j/k
i have no idea either. i am excited to get mlb 12', being a big baseball fan & a cag i always struggle with sports game purchases since i know they're value drop fast and when its finally cheap the next version is on the horizon.

sorry read the op post...i think i get it, my only issue now...

how do i do those things? or has the party thing not started this month yet?

[quote name='Ellahjay88']sorry read the op post...i think i get it, my only issue now...

how do i do those things? or has the party thing not started this month yet?[/QUOTE]

January's party is over. February's party is starting soon. Probably on the 6th.

I'm excited for MLB 12: The Show. At least it's a full blown retail game, so worst case scenario comes, you'll be able to sell it/trade it for a bigger profit than a HD collection or remix of a game.

Not sure what to think of the Modnation Racers beta. The only version I know of is the Vita version. Knowing them, that's what it'll be for. After all, they gave Madden 12 DLC to people who didn't win Madden 12.

[quote name='jamehze']Breakdown for this month. We're getting MLB 12 The Show.

For the February Jak and Daxter Collection™ theme, the rewards are:
0 – 660 points: Jak and Daxter Poster
661 – 1000 points: Jak and Daxter Poster and ModNation™ Racers Beta
1001+ points: Jak and Daxter Poster, ModNation™ Racers Beta and MLB® 12: The Show™ Game
Check out the weekly challenges [links to: February Tasks & Points party favor] and earn as many points as you can before time is up!

Not sure what this Modnation Racers Beta is though. Only version I know coming out is of the Vita. Anyone have a clue?[/QUOTE]

Awesome prizes. I'm debating should I sell it or just keep it on my shelf...decision decisions...

Now ponder this.....
notice the "
for the PS3™" is missing (MLB® 12: The Show™ Game) as well as the MNR BETA isn't a PS3 title either.

Can't complain cuz a free game is still a free game. And didn't we get MLB 12 The Show back in the beginning? Can't remember if it was 12 or 11.

[quote name='smokey6']Now ponder this.....
notice the "
for the PS3?" is missing (MLB® 12: The Show? Game) as well as the MNR BETA isn't a PS3 title either.[/QUOTE]

goid point theyre both on vita. man ithat'll be cruel if its a vita game. if its on ps3, im super excited for the show!

[quote name='smokey6']Now ponder this.....
notice the "
for the PS3™" is missing (MLB® 12: The Show™ Game) as well as the MNR BETA isn't a PS3 title either.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, looking forward to MNR on the 360! /s

ZOMG WE'RE GETTING A VITA!!!

I doubt they'd be THAT mean to just give us a beta and a game to the Vita. They probably just forgot to add the "for the PS3" part. As for Modnation, I've no clue to be honest.

[quote name='Tsel']ZOMG WE'RE GETTING A VITA!!!

I doubt they'd be THAT mean to just give us a beta and a game to the Vita. They probably just forgot to add the "for the PS3" part. As for Modnation, I've no clue to be honest.[/QUOTE]

Do they even add the "for the PS3" for every month of prizes? I know I've seen it, but I've never paid attention if it's a consistent thing.

I bet there is something new comming out for ps3 about mod nation racers. I mean the first time anyone heard news about gt5 xl was from house party .

[quote name='SmashMan']Do they even add the "for the PS3" for every month of prizes? I know I've seen it, but I've never paid attention if it's a consistent thing.[/QUOTE]

I've never noticed it either, to be honest.

Being a Yankees fan I'm not sure I could allow myself to put MLB12 on my shelf. I'll likely be selling it unless I hear some amazing things about the game.

Not a great prize hell it's a pretty crap month all around so I'll just end up selling what I can but money is money.

Edit - When the points needed are higher does that make the prize harder to get?

Baseball? Bleh, that goes for all sports games...

I haven't opened or sold any of my house party games, amazon the best place to sell to? Or how have you all done it?

MLB? Totally called it, but still.... blech. I'll still earn the points, I'll give it to my friend for his birthday or some shit.

Really strange they would give out a PSV beta code, but whatevs.

[quote name='diplo']I checked last month, and Jak & Daxter didnt have the "for the ps3", so yeah hopefully its ps3. it has to be.[/QUOTE]

Considering the Jak and Daxter collection is ONLY for the PS3 then I would assume so. Unless this was their way of announcing it for the PSVita, which would be cruel to us and just plain idiotic in general.

I'm assuming it's PS3. They wouldn't give us a Vita. There's no way. I'm not a baseball fan, but I've heard MLB The Show is one of the best sports series around. I'll think about it, if there's anything I really want to pick up I'll probably trade it in.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Considering the Jak and Daxter collection is ONLY for the PS3 then I would assume so. Unless this was their way of announcing it for the PSVita, which would be cruel to us and just plain idiotic in general.[/QUOTE]

Actually I'm pretty sure the J&D collection is coming on the Vita also. We haven't received it yet, so maybe it is a vita game also lol

[quote name='diplo']Actually I'm pretty sure the J&D collection is coming on the Vita also. We haven't received it yet, so maybe it is a vita game also lol[/QUOTE]
There has been no announcement for the collection on the Vita as far as I've seen. The only talk I've seen is people wondering if it'll be on the Vita. All rumors and speculation.
Oh, and the typical "IT'S BEEN CONFIRMED" talk with zero proof or faked info.

[quote name='Patriotsman12']Since the games we win usually have a scratched UPC, would Amazon still take them if you trade them in?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they still accept them for trade in.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']There has been no announcement for the collection on the Vita as far as I've seen. The only talk I've seen is people wondering if it'll be on the Vita. All rumors and speculation.

Yes, they still accept them for trade in.[/QUOTE]

Do they still count as new/very good condition?

[quote name='Patriotsman12']Do they still count as new/very good condition?[/QUOTE]

I've only traded in a couple but they accepted them as good condition in my experience.

[quote name='xcefkevin']Being a Yankees fan I'm not sure I could allow myself to put MLB12 on my shelf. I'll likely be selling it unless I hear some amazing things about the game.[/QUOTE]

Y? Is the game anti Yankee ? Or is a redsox player on the cover ?

bread's done
Back