Playstation Rewards program is back!

Two good games this month!?! I'm happy but i already have uncharted 3, lol.. that should have been a given because of all the giveaways they had for that game. LBP2, even though i didn't play LBP that much i'll keep it for my collection. Hopefully i'll get to continue another year if they decide to do it this year. I NEVER get accepted to any house parties and when i mean never i mean i've applied to numerous parties, probably around 10-20 and never got accepted. Except for this Playstation one and i'm glad i got in this one.

[quote name='hk1200']I think if you go to their Playstation Page and it says you've earned 0 points this month, thats a sign that you're in.

So just a question. Should I REALLY play Uncharted 1 & 2 before 3? Also, should I finish LBP 1 before 2? I haven't done either of those, but I own LBP. I don't own Uncharted 1 & 2. I was thinking of possibly trading in MLB 12 The Show and picking up the dual pack of both games...but I'll only do that if it's really plot heavy.[/QUOTE]

Never beat LBP [Bunker annoyed me to no end] so I say no it's easy to understand what little "story" it has couldn't hurt to beat Uncharted 1/2 though.

[quote name='hk1200']So just a question. Should I REALLY play Uncharted 1 & 2 before 3? Also, should I finish LBP 1 before 2? I haven't done either of those, but I own LBP. I don't own Uncharted 1 & 2. I was thinking of possibly trading in MLB 12 The Show and picking up the dual pack of both games...but I'll only do that if it's really plot heavy.[/QUOTE]

LBP1 isn't required at all. There is practically no story to share between the two.

I would highly recommend U1 & U2. Both are great games with good stories, and playing both will actually help you recognize the characters that pop up in U3.

[quote name='bittripfan']So what do you guys do about posting the pictures?[/QUOTE]

I've seen some folks upload just about anything. However, I try to keep whatever I'm putting up relevant to the theme.

[quote name='hk1200']I think if you go to their Playstation Page and it says you've earned 0 points this month, thats a sign that you're in.

So just a question. Should I REALLY play Uncharted 1 & 2 before 3? Also, should I finish LBP 1 before 2? I haven't done either of those, but I own LBP. I don't own Uncharted 1 & 2. I was thinking of possibly trading in MLB 12 The Show and picking up the dual pack of both games...but I'll only do that if it's really plot heavy.[/QUOTE]
You don't need to finish LBP 1, but you get some free stuff in LBP 2 from what I've heard.

Likewise, you also don't need to play Uncharted 1 or 2, although a bunch of the characters and their dynamics won't really be as great because they make references and so forth.

[quote name='bittripfan']So what do you guys do about posting the pictures?[/QUOTE]
I usually post pictures of some of the stuff I got from the program, it seems the most simple thing to do.

[quote name='Firecrest']I've seen some folks upload just about anything. However, I try to keep whatever I'm putting up relevant to the theme.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks. I might use something on google images.

Okay so last month was the first month I was accepted into the program. I was able to get the maximum amount of points to get the third tier w/MLB 12 The Show. Does anybody have an idea of when we can expect to receive the games?

Due to the uncertainty, I traded in Uncharted 3, LBP2:SE and Infamous 2 at Gamestop and only ended up owing $1 and some change for a PS3 copy and a Vita copy @ the 79.99 bundle price.

[quote name='IGetBiddies']Okay so last month was the first month I was accepted into the program. I was able to get the maximum amount of points to get the third tier w/MLB 12 The Show. Does anybody have an idea of when we can expect to receive the games?

Due to the uncertainty, I traded in Uncharted 3, LBP2:SE and Infamous 2 at Gamestop and only ended up owing $1 and some change for a PS3 copy and a Vita copy @ the 79.99 bundle price.[/QUOTE]

It varies... I really wish we wouldn't get these stupid up in the air questions >

[quote name='Yggy87']darn, not accepting any new applications... that filled up quickly.[/QUOTE]

Even if you got accepted this month, there is no way you would be able to make the required points. Plus the party is over after this month, so that's why they probably stopped taking applications.

So excited about getting UC3. I was too late with the find the ring promotion, all the copies had already been won. I have been wanting to get the game, but money has been tight. So glad they are giving it away with houseparty.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']LBP1 isn't required at all. There is practically no story to share between the two.

I would highly recommend U1 & U2. Both are great games with good stories, and playing both will actually help you recognize the characters that pop up in U3.[/QUOTE]

Those are some of the best games available for the PS3! I really enjoyed. I played through them as free copies because I worked at Hollywood Video when they came out. Uncharted 3 was the icing on the cake. I already finished the game so I'm just going to give that game to my dad. It's awesome having a dad that's a gamer as well.

So I have finally been the unlucky recepient of a survey that wasn't counted for some reason. It won't make much of a difference in the end, but how do you guys go about getting this problem rectified? Who do I contact and what do I tell them/send them?

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='SgtRamirez']So I have finally been the unlucky recepient of a survey that wasn't counted for some reason. It won't make much of a difference in the end, but how do you guys go about getting this problem rectified? Who do I contact and what do I tell them/send them?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen last month.

E-mailed [email protected]

They told me the usual clear your cookies, etc. and of course none of those fixed it so I e-mailed them back and they said they'd manually add the points back.

Not 100% sure if that ever happened since they said it would occur after the party ended but when it ends I can't see last month's totals but they probably do it.

Just in case anyone was curious, I emailed HP to try and get an idea of when we'd receive our prizes from last month and below is the response I received....

Thank you for your email. We're so glad to hear that you were able to earn enough points for the top prize!

You should be receiving an email detailing your prizes later this week. Prizes will begin processing and shipping sometime next week. As soon as your particular prize leaves our distributor, you will receive an email with your FedEx tracking number (this email is separate from House Party emails).

Thanks for the positive feedback! We'll be sure to pass it along. Hang tight for your prize, and party on!

Please get back in touch with us by replying to this email if you have any additional questions!

Sincerely,

Susan
House Party Community Support
[email protected]
facebook.com/housepartyfun
@HousePartyFun

I sent an email asking if March was the last month of PS Rewards, this is what I got back:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the PlayStation Online Rewards Program! We're glad that you enjoyed it, and were able to participate for awesome prizes in the past year.

March is the last month of the PlayStation Online Rewards Program. This past year's program will not be continuing past March 31st. There are currently no similar programs available here on houseparty.com. Don't worry - should something like this become available in the future, we will let you know. Just be sure that you're subscribed to House Party emails! If you've been receiving emails regularly from us here at House Party, you're on the right email lists.

Keep an eye out for more great gaming events at www.houseparty.com/events. You can also keep up with us on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/housepartyfun) and Twitter ( www.twitter.com/housepartyfun). Thanks again, and party on!

Please get back in touch with us by replying to this email if you have any additional questions!

Sincerely,

Susan
[email protected]
@HousePartyFun

So yeah, looks like March is definitely the last month

Doesn't really surprise me. I'm going to miss trading in all of those games for credit towards other stuff. Heh.

Hmm, with this ending, it kinda makes me wonder how many folks were using multiple accounts to get extra stuff.

[quote name='MrPiggles']I sent an email asking if March was the last month of PS Rewards, this is what I got back:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the PlayStation Online Rewards Program! We're glad that you enjoyed it, and were able to participate for awesome prizes in the past year.

March is the last month of the PlayStation Online Rewards Program. This past year's program will not be continuing past March 31st. There are currently no similar programs available here on houseparty.com. Don't worry - should something like this become available in the future, we will let you know. Just be sure that you're subscribed to House Party emails! If you've been receiving emails regularly from us here at House Party, you're on the right email lists.

Keep an eye out for more great gaming events at www.houseparty.com/events. You can also keep up with us on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/housepartyfun) and Twitter ( www.twitter.com/housepartyfun). Thanks again, and party on!

Sincerely,

Susan
[email protected]
@HousePartyFun
So yeah, looks like March is definitely the last month[/QUOTE]

Maybe Sony is reevaluating whether or not to continue with this type of program.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Doesn't really surprise me. I'm going to miss trading in all of those games for credit towards other stuff. Heh.

Hmm, with this ending, it kinda makes me wonder how many folks were using multiple accounts to get extra stuff.[/QUOTE]

It is possible that people have multiple accounts for this but wonder where some get spare addresses.

[quote name='MrPiggles']I sent an email asking if March was the last month of PS Rewards, this is what I got back:

So yeah, looks like March is definitely the last month[/QUOTE]

It is possible that they would not announce anything about a new party until this current one finishes. What they say does not necessarily mean no new party. It just says that there is no other party like this on houseparty at the moment.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']It is possible that people have multiple accounts for this but wonder where some get spare addresses.[/QUOTE]
All you have to do is use addresses of friends and family members. You'd just have to hope all of those applications get approved.

[quote name='ZombieToast']All you have to do is use addresses of friends and family members. You'd just have to hope all of those applications get approved.[/QUOTE]

It seems unlikely that someone made several accounts, filled out several apps, only to hope that multiple accounts got in.

[quote name='PieterMc']It is possible that they would not announce anything about a new party until this current one finishes. What they say does not necessarily mean no new party. It just says that there is no other party like this on houseparty at the moment.[/QUOTE]

It said:
March is the last month of the PlayStation Online Rewards Program.

If it had said "March is the last month of the PlayStation Online Rewards Program for 2011" Then I'd have thought there may be a chance of the program continuing, but chances seem slim right now.

[quote name='MrPiggles']It said:

If it had said "March is the last month of the PlayStation Online Rewards Program for 2011" Then I'd have thought there may be a chance of the program continuing, but chances seem slim right now.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just optimism, but I'm thinking (and hoping) that's all it means. There's always a possibility that customer support isn't clued in about future programs.

If not, I'm still pretty fortunate to make it in last month, so I'm grateful.

[quote name='admiralvic']It seems unlikely that someone made several accounts, filled out several apps, only to hope that multiple accounts got in.[/QUOTE]
I don't see what's so unlikely about it. Those applications only take about two minutes to fill out and then it's just a matter of keeping an eye on your inbox. I'd be shocked if there aren't at least a few people here taking advantage of the program like this.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I don't see what's so unlikely about it. Those applications only take about two minutes to fill out and then it's just a matter of keeping an eye on your inbox. I'd be shocked if there aren't at least a few people here taking advantage of the program like this.[/QUOTE]

Right, but you need a shipping address to do this. Unless someone owns multiple houses or ships them to a family member or friend's house, I doubt it. If there were people doing this they're assholes for ruining it for the rest of the people with their greed (pending that people with multiple accounts did encourage them to stop the program).

[quote name='hk1200']Right, but you need a shipping address to do this. Unless someone owns multiple houses or ships them to a family member or friend's house, I doubt it. If there were people doing this they're assholes for ruining it for the rest of the people with their greed (pending that people with multiple accounts did encourage them to stop the program).[/QUOTE]

well there are also people in this program and they do not even own a ps3

How did we jump from "Program with pre-determined ending date is ending on that date" to people signing up with multiple addresses to scam the system?

While it's certainly possible to scam it (as it is in almost any system like this), I just don't know how that became a talking point. We've known for a year that the 2011 Program was running through March 31.

Last time it ended we were informed that it would start again. All the people that were in it from the last year were automatically included when it started again. I hope they continue the program at some point because video game parties are few and far between. This was just fantastic. And you guys really need to stop talking about cheating. You're tainting my good memories!

[quote name='femmebot33']Last time it ended we were informed that it would start again. All the people that were in it from the last year were automatically included when it started again.[/quote]

Were we? (Serious question) I signed up for the 2010 one but didn't bother participating, and I know I automatically made it into the 2011; but judging by the FAQ in the OP, the 2011 program didn't start right after 2010. 2010 ended in January and 2011 picked up again in April. There's nothing to say something similar wouldn't happen again.

I hope they continue the program at some point because video game parties are few and far between. This was just fantastic.

Agreed. :cool:

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Points aren't posting it seems. The top of the leaderboard is at 330. Wonder what's going on.[/QUOTE]

Uhhh....

[quote name='SmashMan']How did we jump from "Program with pre-determined ending date is ending on that date" to people signing up with multiple addresses to scam the system?

While it's certainly possible to scam it (as it is in almost any system like this), I just don't know how that became a talking point. We've known for a year that the 2011 Program was running through March 31.[/QUOTE]

It jumped because you know how CAG gets with morality. I tossed in my 2 cents because it seems like someone would have a LOT of free time to make a bunch of accounts, to be entered into a random chance to get in, then systematically earning 330 several times over on various accounts, all with various places to send games/items they earn without losing the item... all to make what? 25 dollars in resale profit? I just can't see it happening.

Additionally the topic changed because so many posters don't look into things. I don't mean to sound rude, but last months "there isn't enough time this is bullshit HP!" posts and now emeraldgsl latest post shows that people are just posting pointless crap to post pointless crap. I rather have the morality / scam posts, than lazy idiots...

We're still in the first week aren't we, the next week doesn't begin until the 12th.
2-11 week one
12-18 week two
19-25 week three
26-31 week four

[quote name='Redeema']We're still in the first week aren't we, the next week doesn't begin until the 12th.
2-11 week one
12-18 week two
19-25 week three
26-31 week four[/QUOTE]

Exactly...

[quote name='jling84']I didn't get 18 points for one of the polls. Who do I email to resolve the problem?[/QUOTE]
As long as it isn't because you got the answer to the first poll (What position does MLB® 12 The Show™ cover player, Adrian Gonzalez, play?) wrong and it has been a while (more than a day) you can email them. I have never had an issue with points, but from what I have heard from those who have House Party is pretty good with fixing the issue.

So outside all the pointless annoying chatter... I got some good news. I emailed Houseparty as no one else seemed to and they told me it IS the special edition of LBP 2.

[quote name='admiralvic']So outside all the pointless annoying chatter... I got some good news. I emailed Houseparty as no one else seemed to and they told me it IS the special edition of LBP 2.[/QUOTE]

Oh SNAP. That's pretty cool!

[quote name='admiralvic']So outside all the pointless annoying chatter... I got some good news. I emailed Houseparty as no one else seemed to and they told me it IS the special edition of LBP 2.[/QUOTE]

The one that includes the Move DLC? Nice.

Sweet, I have the normal one, but haven't bought any DLC for it.

[quote name='M3wThr33']The one that includes the Move DLC? Nice[/QUOTE]

PlayStation Move support: Now you can choose to play LittleBigPlanet 2 with all new Move controls and enjoy the over 6,000 Move games created by fans like you…FOR FREE! Endless Fun!
LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack: Rise of the Cakeling: A whole new adventure in which a rogue cake threatens doom and destruction, and you Sackfolk must once again attempt to restore peace to Craftworld, featuring 5 new levels + 7 mini-levels, and tons of goodies. Plus, all of the cool new Move tools to let you Create and Share your own “Move” games for the rest of the community to Play! This suite of new creative tools give you the power to create your own Move games, record fluid motions, and paint your own stickers, while using a boatload of new stickers, materials, decorations, costumes, music, sound and sequencer objects that will vastly broaden your creative palette, and make your Popit burst at the seams.
Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story Level Pack– five new levels + two mini-levels + one Alien costume and more goodies.
Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story Costume Pack – Buzz Lightyear, Slinky Dog, Hamm, and Rex costumes for Sackboy!
Pets Costumes — The full line of costumes (12) from the Cats Costume Pack, Dogs Costume Pack, and Even More Animals Costume Pack
that

So it comes with the Disney/Pixar Toy STory costumes and those pet ones? That's sick. I don't have Move but I'll use the Buzz Lightyear costume haha. I also heard that LBP1 Costumes work? If so I'm gonna have a Solid Snake with Buzz Lightyear's body lmao

Expected but good will make it easier to sell.

Pretty cool if it's true that it's the special edition LBP2, but is it the retail pack? Because didn't that come with the sackboy and bookends too? Maybe we'll get another pack of those?

[quote name='uEih']Pretty cool if it's true that it's the special edition LBP2, but is it the retail pack? Because didn't that come with the sackboy and bookends too? Maybe we'll get another pack of those?[/QUOTE]

I think you are talking about the lbp2 ce. http://www.amazon.com/LittleBigPlan...ED7S/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1331089503&sr=8-4

The special edition is the one that came out recently (kinda like a goty edition). It comes with 30$ content in dlc. http://www.amazon.com/Little-Big-Pl.../ref=sr_tr_sr_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1331089607&sr=8-2

bread's done
Back