Playstation Rewards program is back!

[quote name='admiralvic']So outside all the pointless annoying chatter... I got some good news. I emailed Houseparty as no one else seemed to and they told me it IS the special edition of LBP 2.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this info for us. I was close to buying a cheap copy of this game a while ago. Still need to finish the first one. ;)

[quote name='knightsmith']here we go again. I did my challenges at 10 am est and it's now after 1 and I still don't have any points.[/QUOTE]

I did most of the tasks yesterday and still haven't seen my balance budge from zero. It used to show up within 30 minutes of doing them. So it's not just you.

4 days left in this period so I hope this gets fixed soon.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Thanks for posting this info for us. I was close to buying a cheap copy of this game a while ago. Still need to finish the first one. ;)[/QUOTE]

I was actually going to grab LBP2 off of Amazon the day before HP revealed the prizes for the month, so I'm really happy I didn't.

I also never finished the first one, but I'm not going to bother. I was going through the game and then one day just started searching and seeing what people were making...never went back to the main game.

[quote name='SmashMan']I was actually going to grab LBP2 off of Amazon the day before HP revealed the prizes for the month, so I'm really happy I didn't.

I also never finished the first one, but I'm not going to bother. I was going through the game and then one day just started searching and seeing what people were making...never went back to the main game.[/QUOTE]

Good point. That's why I'm always leery of what games I buy for the PS3 especially if I get it free or dirt cheap early on. The last game I bought for PS3 was Mass Effect 2 for $5. Hey, I'm cheap. ;)

Ok i'm not getting about 100 of my points, i didn't get my photo uploads and comment party talk and start a party talk one. It has never happen until now.

[quote name='uEih']Ok i'm not getting about 100 of my points, i didn't get my photo uploads and comment party talk and start a party talk one. It has never happen until now.[/QUOTE]

Try checking again, I finally got the credit for the tasks I completed a couple days ago. Just a few more and I'll have all of them done for this week.

I have a tough situation.

Someone stole my FedEx package from last month, and I know who did it, because they lied about the situation and now they wont even answer their door after my girlfriend just asked them politely if they knew anything about it. They even hid in their bedroom after she saw them through the window watching TV and knocked on their door.

It seems the package was delivered to the wrong address near me, or someone just took it from in front of my door.

Is there any way FedEx or House Party would send me another copy of GT5? I can't believe FedEx doesn't require a signature to pick up these packages.

I don't think the law can do anything to help because it was probably delivered to their address (the delivery people always are mixing up our similar apt numbers) and they didn't even have to sign for it, so that's not mail fraud I'm assuming.

Does anyone have any experience working with FedEx and house party on something like this? Or am I just out of luck? It's not like they're a retailer who I paid money to or anything, but I'd like to get my game. =/

[quote name='Orofin']I have a tough situation.

Someone stole my FedEx package from last month, and I know who did it, because they lied about the situation and now they wont even answer their door after my girlfriend just asked them politely if they knew anything about it. They even hid in their bedroom after she saw them through the window watching TV and knocked on their door.

It seems the package was delivered to the wrong address near me, or someone just took it from in front of my door.

Is there any way FedEx or House Party would send me another copy of GT5? I can't believe FedEx doesn't require a signature to pick up these packages.

I don't think the law can do anything to help because it was probably delivered to their address (the delivery people always are mixing up our similar apt numbers) and they didn't even have to sign for it, so that's not mail fraud I'm assuming.

Does anyone have any experience working with FedEx and house party on something like this? Or am I just out of luck? It's not like they're a retailer who I paid money to or anything, but I'd like to get my game. =/[/QUOTE]

I had a friend run into a similar situation as you. Basically, he just BSed the guy, saying he had a lawyer, and would get a warrant if he didn't hand over the package now yadayaya, although there probably are better options and I wouldn't recommend this

[quote name='MrPiggles']I had a friend run into a similar situation as you. Basically, he just BSed the guy, saying he had a lawyer, and would get a warrant if he didn't hand over the package now yadayaya, although there probably are better options and I wouldn't recommend this[/QUOTE]

Actually that's something I've done. On my old street, the FedEX dude would leave packages on our front porch, and I lived in an apartment building. I was 18 and I ordered Smackdown VS RAW 2007 for myself, and FedEX claimed it was delivered. That same day, the people who lived on the first floor had Smackdown VS RAW 2007 suddenly, and I know none of them were into wrestling. I heard it from the hallway, so I knocked and asked if they had my package, they denied it and turned off their TV. Mighty suspicious, no? Later on I came down and I said I had spoken with the police (I hadn't yet) and I would have a small claims lawyer sue them if they did not return the package. They did.

[quote name='hk1200']Actually that's something I've done. On my old street, the FedEX dude would leave packages on our front porch, and I lived in an apartment building. I was 18 and I ordered Smackdown VS RAW 2007 for myself, and FedEX claimed it was delivered. That same day, the people who lived on the first floor had Smackdown VS RAW 2007 suddenly, and I know none of them were into wrestling. I heard it from the hallway, so I knocked and asked if they had my package, they denied it and turned off their TV. Mighty suspicious, no? Later on I came down and I said I had spoken with the police (I hadn't yet) and I would have a small claims lawyer sue them if they did not return the package. They did.[/QUOTE]

lol that's hilarious:applause:

They wont answer the door for my girlfriend so I doubt they'd answer it for me. Maybe I'll just slip a letter under their door with my phone # and a legal threat.

Well, you should be able to contact FedEx and they would handle it, I remember UPS delivered something mistakenly to my house and they just came back later and picked it up. So, FedEx should be responsible for getting it. It may be a hassle to deal with because it would require forms and stuff to be filled out, but it's better than you having to take care of it and worrying about physical retaliation or whatever.

[quote name='hk1200']Actually that's something I've done. On my old street, the FedEX dude would leave packages on our front porch, and I lived in an apartment building. I was 18 and I ordered Smackdown VS RAW 2007 for myself, and FedEX claimed it was delivered. That same day, the people who lived on the first floor had Smackdown VS RAW 2007 suddenly, and I know none of them were into wrestling. I heard it from the hallway, so I knocked and asked if they had my package, they denied it and turned off their TV. Mighty suspicious, no? Later on I came down and I said I had spoken with the police (I hadn't yet) and I would have a small claims lawyer sue them if they did not return the package. They did.[/QUOTE]

....WOW people are idiots. If the people who stole it had any common sense they'd realize it would cost you more in lawyer fees then it would just going to the store and buying the game again and should of known you were lying or dumb yourself. Of course if they had common sense they wouldn't have stole from you in the first place.

[quote name='Orofin']lol that's hilarious:applause:

They wont answer the door for my girlfriend so I doubt they'd answer it for me. Maybe I'll just slip a letter under their door with my phone # and a legal threat.[/QUOTE]

I agree. That's why I'm glad someone is always here when I have packages delivered. I would hate for someone to steal my stuff. I'm glad I had to sign off on my Limited Collector's Edition of Mass Effect when it came in the mail. Regardless if you paid for something or not, purple shouldn't have the audacity to steal. Damn low lives.

I didn't want to make a separate thread because I figure everyone in here already has a House Party account.

Just got this e-mail and signed up - looks like MS is going to jump on the House Party wagon too.

https://houseparty.com/event/kinectrush

Host a Kinect™ Rush: A Disney•Pixar Adventure House Party

Celebrate the release of Kinect Rush: A Disney•Pixar Adventure, as you turn your living room into a VIP premiere event! Invite your family and friends to join Pixar icons in this one-of-kind gaming experience! Become unique characters in fast-paced adventures with Kinect for Xbox 360. Enjoy some delicious game-inspired treats, and celebrate the movies that inspired the game.

And you'll love your exclusive Party Pack, which will contain:
  • Kinect Rush: A Disney•Pixar Adventure video game
  • Disney/Pixar Postcards
  • Kinect Rush: A Disney•Pixar Adventure poster
  • Branded lanyards for VIP passes

Hosting opportunities are limited. Apply now

You must own a Kinect for Xbox 360 in order to host this event. ESRB Rating: EVERYONE with Cartoon Violence

[quote name='gsr1379']I would apply for that xbox one but I don't want to have a physical party.[/QUOTE]

Well I hope it's not too bad - I am not going to post pictures and videos of my and friends' kids online for MS to advertise with but other than that I'll play along. They say you just have to invite 10 people and post about it online and not order more than one kit. I'll do all of that except for videos/pictures of kids. They can have pictures of me playing a kid's game if they really want it that bad.

[quote name='Mugatu']Well I hope it's not too bad - I am not going to post pictures and videos of my and friends' kids online for MS to advertise with but other than that I'll play along. They say you just have to invite 10 people and post about it online and not order more than one kit. I'll do all of that except for videos/pictures of kids. They can have pictures of me playing a kid's game if they really want it that bad.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't do that. None of my friends have kids so i wouldn't be able to do that anyways.

Here's to atleast 4 adults playing Kinect Rush at my house on the 21st xD'
I'll just tell msft that a ton others couldnt make it last minute... (unless they can :eek:)

[quote name='Josh1billion']MLB 12 hasn't shipped yet, has it?[/QUOTE] Haven't heard anything, but I'm not expecting it until next week. Could be wrong, but it feels like week 2 is the usual arrival of the prizes for the previous month.

^great idea. If it we get it then great, if not that's okay. You aren't required to send the trade in.

Thanks.

edit: dammit, the trade has to be mailed by March 18th. Next week and there have been no HP emails regarding our prizes. Oh well.....

[quote name='emeraldgsl']^great idea. If it we get it then great, if not that's okay. You aren't required to send the trade in.

Thanks.

edit: dammit, the trade has to be mailed by March 18th. Next week and there have been no HP emails regarding our prizes. Oh well.....[/QUOTE]

There are ways to extend trades. look in the OP of the amazon trade in thread.

WOW.
I'm glad these are so easy to do
Looked at clock noticed it was 11:45pm
And instantly HOUSE PARTY CRAP
11:51pm and i was done with points posted... phew...
(i need to stop leaving these last minute)

*edit
didn't give me the points for the Photo upload... :( maybe they update later despite being passed 11:59pm

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrPiggles']I don't get why people trade-in games to Amazon. Don't you make more money if you just sold it on Amazon, instead of trading it in?[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure selling it on Amazon incurs fees, and the money you make from it would be negligible compared to just trading it in.

[quote name='soliunasm']I'm pretty sure selling it on Amazon incurs fees, and the money you make from it would be negligible compared to just trading it in.[/QUOTE]

That's not true at all. For example, if you were to charge $55 for MLB 12 on Amazon, you would make a profit of about $45, whereas trading it in gets you only $32. Plus, if you sell it, you get cash, while trading in only gets you Amazon credit. You can use this to calculate your profit after fees on Amazon.

I was hoping GS was going to do the guaranteed $30 like they do for most new games. But I guess not BB is only giving $20

[quote name='Kolma']WOW.
I'm glad these are so easy to do
Looked at clock noticed it was 11:45pm
And instantly HOUSE PARTY CRAP
11:51pm and i was done with points posted... phew...
(i need to stop leaving these last minute)

*edit
didn't give me the points for the Photo upload... :( maybe they update later despite being passed 11:59pm[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post asking if anyone else's points aren't counting again but bam on teh last refresh everything showed up all at once after about 30 minutes of waiting.

I heard this game was actually really fun with the Move so I'm going to try it first. I can trade it in later if I want and holding out for trade in deals from Gamestop (if you're not in a hurry) will usually pay off as well as selling to Amazon.

i am not into baseball games so i am selling mine for $45 to a guy on craigslist who buys most of my games and he is already waiting for me to get it

[quote name='Mugatu']I was just about to post asking if anyone else's points aren't counting again but bam on teh last refresh everything showed up all at once after about 30 minutes of waiting.[/QUOTE]

Nope never gave me the photo upload points, im at 270
Not a huge deal i can still make it to 3rd tier if i do everything else (1260 max now rather than 1320)

Does anyone have any experience working with FedEx and house party on something like this? Or am I just out of luck? It's not like they're a retailer who I paid money to or anything, but I'd like to get my game. =/[/QUOTE]

You probably wont get anything for your trouble. Houseparty is not responsible for lost/stolen mail. Fedex might give you something, but more than likely they will pay the insurance to Houseparty. If you dont get the game from your a-hole neighbor I would suggest filing the paperwork with Fedex anyway. If you are worried about your packages getting stolen, either get a PO box, or leave a note to deliver your package to a neighbor you trust (who is home all the time) or your landlord or onsite management person. So far only a few games have required signature, lately they just leave my packages on the porch in plain sight from the street (luckily I live in a non-shady area).

I'm not a cop/lawyer/mailman, but if I were in your shoes, I'd definitely put up a fight. Regardless of the lack of signature, I believe there's still a law being broken here.

Here's the law in question: involuntary bailment. (Found this via google; here's a Yahoo Answers question's answer that pointed me there -- notice there's a statute of limitations, which could be just a number of days, so get on it quickly). As I understand it, the person accepting the package is legally obligated to make some effort to return the package to you. If your name's on it, and they're your neighbor, that requires a minimal effort on their part. There could also be laws in place that criminalize the deliverer's negligence (something to google), assuming they delivered the package to an address other than the one written on the package.

I'd go to both the police and FedEx (the latter via phone if necessary) as soon as possible, thoroughly explain the situation to both of them, and see if they can do anything to help. Worst case scenario: they can't figure out who accepted the package (or they can't prove it), you waste an hour of your time, and perhaps the delivery driver is more careful from now on. If that's the case, see if you can get some surveillance footage on the day that the next package is scheduled to be delivered (or have a friend stand by, with or without a camera).

I know people will think this is going overboard, since it's just one game that you were given for free anyway, but I believe that type of brazen thievery demands accountability. And if you don't put an end to it now, how long will they continue stealing your packages in the future?

[quote name='MrPiggles']That's not true at all. For example, if you were to charge $55 for MLB 12 on Amazon, you would make a profit of about $45, whereas trading it in gets you only $32. Plus, if you sell it, you get cash, while trading in only gets you Amazon credit. You can use this to calculate your profit after fees on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of doing this for this game but I was concerned that I'd get crap for the cut in the UPC. I guess if I point that out in the description and someone buys it, it's not a big deal.

[quote name='jling84']Who do I email when points aren't posted correctly for answering the polls?[/QUOTE]

[email protected]

[quote name='MrPiggles']That's not true at all. For example, if you were to charge $55 for MLB 12 on Amazon, you would make a profit of about $45, whereas trading it in gets you only $32. Plus, if you sell it, you get cash, while trading in only gets you Amazon credit. You can use this to calculate your profit after fees on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this post, I was actually thinking about starting to sell things on Amazon and eBay. I'll make sure to look this over.

[quote name='Mugatu']I heard this game was actually really fun with the Move so I'm going to try it first. I can trade it in later if I want and holding out for trade in deals from Gamestop (if you're not in a hurry) will usually pay off as well as selling to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I was going to trade my copy in as well, but I'm going to keep it for the Move controls. I tend love motion games, lol.

I'm going to give it a try, but I'll most likely either go with craigslist. I want to start selling things on eBay/Amazon, but I want to do a bit more research first.

anyone got email notification or shipment or anything yet for last month? when should I expect to get anything :p (sorry I'm still new to this)

bread's done
Back