Playstation Rewards program is back!

Eh, I'll probably just sell it to him for $20. I feel like Resistance should be $5 by now and Resistance 2 is a good game, but it's getting quite old now too.

not that i'm complaining, but isn't houseparty breaking their rule of no M Rated games for the Ps3 Rewards by giving out resistance dual pack??

Would expect them to give Uncharted Dual Pack, but hey I've already played them so I'm happy with resistance.

I don't know that "no M-rated games" was ever a rule, but just something many people (myself included) assumed based on HouseParty's family-friendly image.

Just did a quick count - starting from December 2010's "Ultimate New Year's Eve" PS3 party and running through March 2012, I will have received 19 games from HouseParty (20 if you count PS Move Ape Escape...I never tried it.). I'm going to miss my free monthly game. :(

[quote name='SmashMan']I don't know that "no M-rated games" was ever a rule, but just something many people (myself included) assumed based on HouseParty's family-friendly image.

Just did a quick count - starting from December 2010's "Ultimate New Year's Eve" PS3 party and running through March 2012, I will have received 19 games from HouseParty (20 if you count PS Move Ape Escape...I never tried it.). I'm going to miss my free monthly game. :([/QUOTE]

I think you're right - as far as I can remember (and I haven't been in on this from the beginning) that was just speculation as to why we saw so many family friendly games and no M rated games up to this point. I don't recall ever seeing anything official saying there will not be any.

And I agree, this is definitely one of the better (by far) promos/contests I have ever take part in - I hope they do this again in the future, maybe for Vita stuff?

Yeah, if you note the fine print, it does say you're *supposed* to be 18 or older, so M rated games are perfectly acceptable there.

[quote name='bfett9']not that i'm complaining, but isn't houseparty breaking their rule of no M Rated games for the Ps3 Rewards by giving out resistance dual pack??

Would expect them to give Uncharted Dual Pack, but hey I've already played them so I'm happy with resistance.[/QUOTE]

The "rules" were just guidelines that we found to be true. Nothing was ever actually a "rule" and if you actually read the tread... almost every "rule" was broken at some point. The only exceptions are hardly substantial too.

They offered games prior to release dates (Everybody dance, MLB, GT 5 XL).
They offered nonfamily friendly titles (Uncharted, inFAMOUS)
They offered digital titles (ape escape.)
They offered nonmove titles.
They offered a M rated game (this one was established over will or won't we get Resistance 3, which is somewhat ironic lol).
They offered the same game twice (littlebigplanet 2)
They offered nonsony published games.
They did one month without a game (remember Madden was only a raffle and no game was offered that month besides that.)
They offered an older release (Ratchet and Clank).
They offered 2 games at once (happened a few times).

In fact, I think only two guidelines still exist...

Every item was based off the ps3 (naturally) and every prize was given away via subway at some point. This is true if you ignore the fact GT 5 was a different version... but still true in my book.

[quote name='xenozfan2']I hope they change their minds and bring it back next year. Did they ever say why they weren't?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe anything official ever said they weren't. For all we know, they could just kick off a new 2012 version next month.

[quote name='macontosh2000']Have they started shipping things yet?

I never received an e-mail[/QUOTE]

Not yet, hopefully today.

[quote name='Mugatu']Not yet, hopefully today.[/QUOTE]

I will update when I receive the tracking update in my email. It would be awesome if they continued this program though.

I feel pretty good about being active and receiving all prizes. I started the month after the MLB 2011 and Motorstorm, and received every single prize since. My one regret is not getting Motorstorm, but I wasn't part of this promotion then. Still, beggers can't be choosers- and this has been an amazing ride!!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I feel pretty good about being active and receiving all prizes. I started the month after the MLB 2011 and Motorstorm, and received every single prize since. My one regret is not getting Motorstorm, but I wasn't part of this promotion then. Still, beggers can't be choosers- and this has been an amazing ride!![/QUOTE]

I started a lot later - wish I would have known about this a lot earlier.

I actually remember seeing the thread but assuming it was just BS like the Xbox Rewards thing.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I don't believe anything official ever said they weren't. For all we know, they could just kick off a new 2012 version next month.[/QUOTE]

actually via twitter they said it was over. they did say stay tuned for updates though.

[quote name='ritchardf']actually via twitter they said it was over. they did say stay tuned for updates though.[/QUOTE]

We read into this too much. Just be patient. If it goes away, it does. We'll find other shit to do.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I feel pretty good about being active and receiving all prizes. I started the month after the MLB 2011 and Motorstorm, and received every single prize since. My one regret is not getting Motorstorm, but I wasn't part of this promotion then. Still, beggers can't be choosers- and this has been an amazing ride!![/QUOTE]

The only game I've missed is LBP2, so I'm happy that they're offering it again.

[quote name='Mugatu']I started a lot later - wish I would have known about this a lot earlier.

I actually remember seeing the thread but assuming it was just BS like the Xbox Rewards thing.[/QUOTE]

Haha I did the same thing. Read some of the thread and said "eh". then a few months later seen some one, Who posted a pic of some games and bookends etc. Then read in to it more. Thought "damn it i missed out on so much"

[quote name='ZombieToast']The only game I've missed is LBP2, so I'm happy that they're offering it again.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. I didn't receive an email from House Party about my rewards. I'll have to shoot them an email later on because I did get all of the points last month.

Never got shipping info, but searching by reference code shows that my MLB 12 is out for delivery right now - so just FYI to everyone else who would want to check theirs.

If you started the month that inFamous 2 (which I had already received from the Subway promotion) was given, that was the same month I started too. I barely missed the month before. Had just got my PS3 around that time & this program has helped me start building my PS3 game collection (Lost both the Madden & NBA 2K games months though). Hope the program continues or another nice one takes it's place but like you said if it doesn't continue it's been a heck of a ride.

[quote name='SmashMan']Never got shipping info, but searching by reference code shows that my MLB 12 is out for delivery right now - so just FYI to everyone else who would want to check theirs.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you aren't just seeing last month's still? Mine hasn't even shipped yet.

[quote name='hk1200']Are you sure you aren't just seeing last month's still? Mine hasn't even shipped yet.[/QUOTE]
Well, my info for last month just erased and it says that there is no info on my package. So, it's probably getting updated, the packages are being shipped, or in processes of getting shipped.

[quote name='hk1200']Are you sure you aren't just seeing last month's still? Mine hasn't even shipped yet.[/QUOTE]

I know how to read, yes. ;) My tracking number is: 180125438865337. Check it out.

As of yesterday it was still my old package info. Today it's new.

[quote name='SmashMan']I know how to read, yes. ;)

As of yesterday it was still my old package info. Today it's new.[/QUOTE]

Ah I didn't mean to be an ass about it haha, I just skeptical. Apologies. Hopefully mine ships soon then!

[quote name='SmashMan']Never got shipping info, but searching by reference code shows that my MLB 12 is out for delivery right now - so just FYI to everyone else who would want to check theirs.[/QUOTE]

I see my last month's delivery info is gone. Hopefully that means mine was at least prepped for shipping. Its strange because I usually get mine a day or two before everyone else starts posting that they received the prizes.

Weird. I don't have any tracking info (from this month or last). Hopefully it'll update soon. My apartment doesn't have buzzers so I have to hold for pickup.

Oddly enough - it wasn't my shipping info. Contacted FedEx and they told me that it was delivered to another address, and not addressed to me - so someone else must've just gotten into the party and won the prizes.

Never entered my mind as an option because it hasn't happened at any other time in the past year.

On the plus side, it wasn't delivered and then stolen or something, which is what I originally thought.

I got the email about the rewards on the 13th saying how they would ship sometime around the 14th. It's now the 16th and the shipping info can't be found at all. I guess they are getting to mine late . . . hopefully.

Says mine will come the 20th

Also updated the Wiki for the correct link to the sponsored posts. Got pretty tired of it not being the proper link and I'm sure this will help other people (a little late being the last month but I'm optimistic that this will continue)

[quote name='admiralvic']usually they just send a L or XL[/QUOTE]

Bummer
Was hoping to get a Medium so that I can actually wear it. Guess I'll use it as a gym shirt or or just sleep in it. =/

[quote name='slowdive21']Ok, How are you guys checking?[/QUOTE]

this, i thought i was the only clueless one in the room :) ....im assuming they didnt send any confirmation, are you guys using the old tracking #s from the previous months emails?

[quote name='ritchardf']this, i thought i was the only clueless one in the room :) ....im assuming they didnt send any confirmation, are you guys using the old tracking #s from the previous months emails?[/QUOTE]

Read the OP, it is at the bottom.

[quote name='canvasch']damn i wish i got in on this.... hopefully next round i can :)[/QUOTE]

As of right now, there are no more rounds.

[quote name='WakYasuk']Mine still hasn't shipped apparently :([/QUOTE]
i thought mine had shipped but it turned out to be a package for some one else.

bread's done
Back