Playstation Rewards program is back!

[quote name='soliunasm']It's different that usual, this one actually looks like they poked it with whatever they use to melt it(Probably a soldering iron), rather than just simply slash it like all the other games I had.

Strangely enough, this only happened with MLB 11 and MLB 12.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they are being more thorough now. Mine is on a diagonal and it looks like yours.

[quote name='Tsel']FedEx guy was in a plain, white van and didn't even bother to knock. [/QUOTE]

That was a delivery contractor hired by FedEx. UPS and the USPS use them too.

On-topic, received my tracking info yesterday and is currently en-route. :cool:

[quote name='ritchardf']delivered! finally i can play some mlb 1....oh, 5 gig mandatory install, 10 gig recommended install, ok, 20 minutes, then i can finally play some mlb 1.....oh, update 1.whatever, downloading....[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. Such is life on the PS3.

House Party must have been in a hurry this time. Resistance is absolutely mint condition. Did anyone else get a freaking HUGE box this time? I had those two little games bouncing around in a box about 2 feet long with a piece of packing paper bouncing with them.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']House Party must have been in a hurry this time. Resistance is absolutely mint condition. Did anyone else get a freaking HUGE box this time? I had those two little games bouncing around in a box about 2 feet long with a piece of packing paper bouncing with them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the box was really long not sure if it was bouncing though or anything like that since someone in my family opened it again. Oh well already managed to sell The Show.:D

[quote name='Puppet Master']Oh yeah the poster is basically an enlarged version of the Jak & Daxter collection case.[/QUOTE]
About how big is the poster, is it a good size?

[quote name='MaggotSai']About how big is the poster, is it a good size?[/QUOTE]

It is like a mini poster you would get at a convention. I think it is about 12 by 18.

My stuff was in a long box too. The box may be useful for storage...Too big for CD cases, but it might work for NES games/sleeves.

[quote name='andrewl923']So I see this in my tracking:

Barcode label unreadable and replaced

What does that mean?
[/QUOTE]I think it means that the barcode label was unreadable and it was replaced. Just a guess, though.

[quote name='andrewl923']So I see this in my tracking:

Barcode label unreadable and replaced

What does that mean?
[/QUOTE]

It means the barcode or address became smudged or damaged and wouldn't go through the verifier. I had it happen once. My package was delayed a day and showed up with a second shipping label attached to it. The first label was covered in BBQ sauce for some reason.

[quote name='ohram']It means the barcode or address became smudged or damaged and wouldn't go through the verifier. I had it happen once. My package was delayed a day and showed up with a second shipping label attached to it. The first label was covered in BBQ sauce for some reason.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='ohram']It means the barcode or address became smudged or damaged and wouldn't go through the verifier. I had it happen once. My package was delayed a day and showed up with a second shipping label attached to it. The first label was covered in BBQ sauce for some reason.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I don't know what else to say.

[quote name='Believeland']My MLB wasn't slashed. I wonder if I could just exchange it at Wal-Mart for another game. Guess it could just list on Ebay, but I hate those fees.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really here to tell someone else what to do... but you know better than that, or maybe not. But for sure you shouldn't talk about it publicly like that... It's not necessarily an "exchange" if you didn't get it from there.

Damn I wish they didn't slash the upc. I would have preferred a security sticker over it. I will have to replace the case now as my ocd is kicking in.

Who cares about the UPC being slashed anyway? I've traded in these games to Gamestop and even Amazon who are often anal about everything with no problems.

We got it for free and you can easily sell it if you wish to, who cares if the plastic is a bit damaged?

I received mine today, all was in good condition. Happy to finally have Resistance 1 & 2, and now I can take my rental copy of MLB 12 back to Blockbuster. Bring on this months prize pack!

[quote name='Mugatu']Who cares about the UPC being slashed anyway? I've traded in these games to Gamestop and even Amazon who are often anal about everything with no problems.

We got it for free and you can easily sell it if you wish to, who cares if the plastic is a bit damaged?[/QUOTE]

AMEN!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='djricekcn']what next month prizes[/QUOTE]

There probably won't be a next month. As far as we know, this is the end of this year's program.

[quote name='Mugatu']Who cares about the UPC being slashed anyway? I've traded in these games to Gamestop and even Amazon who are often anal about everything with no problems.

We got it for free and you can easily sell it if you wish to, who cares if the plastic is a bit damaged?[/QUOTE]

I hear ya.
I sell a lot of these games on ebay, and I just disclose it in the item description. Doesn't affect the sale price at all.

I obviously care or I wouldn't be switching out the cases. I don't usually trade or sale my games. I also don't buy used games. So the OCD comment has some truth to it.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I obviously care or I wouldn't be switching out the cases. I don't usually trade or sale my games. I also don't buy used games. So the OCD comment has some truth to it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but...if you switch the cases...you'll have another game with a slashed part of it...so how does that help your OCD? ;)

---

Games came in today. I'm gonna put MLB The Show 12 in, in a little bit. Resistance looks fun but I'm in the middle of playing Uncharted 1 and I don't wanna suddenly start something else in the middle. I hope Resistance 2's multiplayer is still populated.

[quote name='hk1200']Yeah but...if you switch the cases...you'll have another game with a slashed part of it...so how does that help your OCD? ;)
[/QUOTE]

I actually have 2 spare cases right now. Hopefully Sony sells them or I will end up buying cheap clearance games for cases. The case being damaged bugs the hell out of me. It's odd since I used to buy all my N64/snes/nes games used without boxes so I am not sure how this started lol

[quote name='hk1200']Yeah but...if you switch the cases...you'll have another game with a slashed part of it...so how does that help your OCD? ;)

---

Games came in today. I'm gonna put MLB The Show 12 in, in a little bit. Resistance looks fun but I'm in the middle of playing Uncharted 1 and I don't wanna suddenly start something else in the middle. I hope Resistance 2's multiplayer is still populated.[/QUOTE]

You can buy just case on ebay.

[quote name='hk1200']Yeah but...if you switch the cases...you'll have another game with a slashed part of it...so how does that help your OCD? ;)[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the "OFFICIAL MLB STICKER" that's on the case. How is he going to remove that?

Sorry, I'm not helping matters at all, am I? :p

Did anyone else open the Resistance Dual Pack? I was planning on gifting it and want to know if the UPCs are slashed for each of the games.

I love MLB 12: The Show! I've never even cared much for Baseball but it's a beautiful looking game and the game is actually pretty fun. I played Chicago at Boston today and I got a homerun with the coverboy, Adrian Gonzalez.

Got my package today; I just wish I had joined sooner so I could have gotten even more free games!

Probably going to sell/trade-in MLB on Amazon.

Was going to do the same with the Resistance games, but I might end up keeping them and playing them. I can't decide.

[quote name='gsr1379']I just tried mlb 12 does have nice graphics. but i do not like sports games. it will be going away[/QUOTE]

even if you dont like the gameplay, check out the franchise mode and diamond dynasty. they are actually pretty deep, if that is something you're interested in anyway.

Dammit to hell, MLB The Show makes me realize how much I suck at modern baseball games, even on the easiest settings. It's hard for me to tell if the ball's out of the strikezone or not and I want to hit everything. :|

[quote name='macontosh2000']I have a game with the barcode slashed, where can i trade it into without problems?

And i got my poster and Resistance dual pack today!:D[/QUOTE]

I traded it into Best Buy as disc only with no problem. It will only get you $22 but I preordered Assassins Creed 3 and got an extra 40% but that promo might have ended tonight. It will get you $30 if you purchase a game $39.99 or more.

just got my package this early morning. got the poster and both MLB and the resistance dual pack. the DLC code i used and worked,i wound up giving the MLB game to my friend scott and i kept the dual pack.

might wind up after he's done with MLB trade it in and get cash somehow lol

I noticed something re: the Resistance super voucher in the dual pack, perhaps the reason they shipped them out so fast: it expires March 31, 2012 haha

Thanks for the heads up on that code - I haven't bothered redeeming it yet but now I will.

On a side note, MLB 12 looks awesome but I suck so bad at sport games I will have to trade it in after trying to play it for a few hours.

For anyone wondering, I ebayed my MLB for $55 + $3 shipping within about 4 hours of posting it. So, that's a good route for those of you that don't like baseball.

[quote name='FadeToOne']For anyone wondering, I ebayed my MLB for $55 + $3 shipping within about 4 hours of posting it. So, that's a good route for those of you that don't like baseball.[/QUOTE]

Wow I can't believe someone would pay basically retail for a sports game, especially one with an inch long melted slash through the case. From what I've seen listed it seems like you could find it brand new or a mint copy on Ebay for a little cheaper. I'm just going to trade my sealed copy to Amazon for $33 and and make up the difference of not selling it by preordering something that offers some credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='retail sucks']Wow I can't believe someone would pay basically retail for a sports game, especially one with an inch long melted slash through the case. From what I've seen listed it seems like you could find it brand new or a mint copy on Ebay for a little cheaper. I'm just going to trade my sealed copy to Amazon for $33 and and make up the difference of not selling it by preordering something that offers some credit.[/QUOTE]

I think he got lucky and found a sucker.

[quote name='FadeToOne']For anyone wondering, I ebayed my MLB for $55 + $3 shipping within about 4 hours of posting it. So, that's a good route for those of you that don't like baseball.[/QUOTE]

i sold mine on craigslist for $45 cash

Damn, nice!

I just sold it to Gamestop and got $36 and change.

I know it's a lot less but I hate eBay and I didn't want to bother selling through Amazon - I got it for free anyway.

It's too bad sport games are so complicated (IMO) that I cannot stand them, I really wanted to like this but it was too much.

Nice!

bread's done
Back