Playstation Rewards program is back!

[quote name='Slashlen']I think he got lucky and found a sucker.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that seems to happen with popular games a lot on eBay. I'll watch 4-5 listings of a certain game to see if I might want to bid, then I see the ending auction prices for $10 over the current going price that a leading online store like Amazon has new or even less plus free shipping. I'm like "wtf are you over paying for?!"

Maybe I should sell my copy on there too LOL :D

I usually try to sell stuff on GTZ but I never tell that I won it or it was from a giveaway & etc. I've seen some flaming for guys selling won copies or games that are given away like this, which is dumb IMO, but one guy sold his copy on there yesterday and only got $30, he did tell it was from a promo in his listing which is a no-no if you want it to sell regular price without low balling :)

I really just hate selling House Party stuff on eBay after the whole PS MOVE party "situation" were they gave it out early and people sold their's on eBay and got in trouble. I believe that may have started the whole UPC slashing LOL. And for some reason I thought it was in the agreement not to sell items via the PS Rewards too but i may be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played MLB was fun for about 5 innings but I'm not into baseball games like i used to be as a kid, gonna trade it into gamestop along with Jak HD collection with them doing the 50% extra trade in bonus right now, gonna add in Ocarina of Time since i've got an extra copy laying around since zelda 3DS bundle.
Gonna net me about 90$ on those 3 thanks to that deal + Powerups 10% :D

Will prob sell the code for the online pass on ebay for like 5$

[quote name='retail sucks']I noticed that seems to happen with popular games a lot on eBay. I'll watch 4-5 listings of a certain game to see if I might want to bid, then I see the ending auction prices for $10 over the current going price that a leading online store like Amazon has new or even less plus free shipping. I'm like "wtf are you over paying for?!"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the lowest buy it now price when I listed it was $56. I think some people are just lazy and don't know they can find better deals.

[quote name='retail sucks']I noticed that seems to happen with popular games a lot on eBay. I'll watch 4-5 listings of a certain game to see if I might want to bid, then I see the ending auction prices for $10 over the current going price that a leading online store like Amazon has new or even less plus free shipping. I'm like "wtf are you over paying for?!"
[/QUOTE]

That's how eBay has always been. I've seen an auction end at $25 + shipping when the auction page has a link to the seller's web store where the item is listed for $15 w/ free shipping. I bought a DVD that averaged about $15 on various online stores. I paid $12 and the company accidentally sent me two copies. I eBayed the other for $28. Comparison shopping is not a difficult skill, but some people don't even seem to bother trying.

[quote name='admiralvic']Last week / new week bump reminder thing...

So I wanted to know, how many others hit 14,850 (I think thats the total) points?[/QUOTE]

I'm positive I did. I joined in March? Wish I would've joined sooner. I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread if they do the program again. Definitely one of my favorite programs.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Yeah, the lowest buy it now price when I listed it was $56. I think some people are just lazy and don't know they can find better deals.[/quote]

[quote name='louiedog']That's how eBay has always been. I've seen an auction end at $25 + shipping when the auction page has a link to the seller's web store where the item is listed for $15 w/ free shipping. I bought a DVD that averaged about $15 on various online stores. I paid $12 and the company accidentally sent me two copies. I eBayed the other for $28. Comparison shopping is not a difficult skill, but some people don't even seem to bother trying.[/QUOTE]

That's cool though, I mean if they have the $$ and want to over pay that's more $$ for us! Everything that I've sold game wise on eBay has been older games that I've owned or won on Twitter and didn't have much demand but if I get my hands on something new like MLB 12 again I'm definitely putting them up on eBay!

I won a pair of Blake Griffin signed NIKE HyperDunks from Subway's Twitter account last week and was thinking about putting them up for $200-$250 on Ebay which I'm not really sure of their value besides the shoes being worth $130 + whatever his sig adds to the value but forget that now if I sell them I'm putting up for at least $300 LOL. If someone doesn't take them at that price I'll just re-list for a little less until someone does. :applause:

Anyway it is sad to see the program end. Maybe Sony will have a few parties at least when PS4 releases. I knew Sony reporting losses in all divisions last month wasn't good news as far as the program getting renewed. Oh well it was great while it lasted!

Just got email from House Party seems like no renewal in sight...oh well it was a good run of some great free games! thanks for the tips!
This is the final week, which means it’s time to step up to bat for one last swing, while scoring as many possible in the last few days! Sadly, March is the final month of the PlayStation® Online Rewards Program, so make sure you go out with a bang and as many points as possible.

[quote name='bfett9']Just got email from House Party seems like no renewal in sight...oh well it was a good run of some great free games! thanks for the tips![/QUOTE]

Yes, but at least they're going out with a bang. Regardless of the random item, we're getting two very good games.

[quote name='admiralvic']Yes, but at least they're going out with a bang. Regardless of the random item, we're getting two very good games.[/QUOTE]

Very true, got to be thankful for what we got and the ride we had.

Listed my copy of MLB 12 on Amazon yesterday.

Priced it at $50.00 + their $3.99 shipping (which they reimburse me)

Sold it this morning. I will make $45 in profit.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Yeah, the lowest buy it now price when I listed it was $56. I think some people are just lazy and don't know they can find better deals.[/QUOTE]

Throughout years of selling on auction sites and elsewhere, I've come to learn that a lot of the people who pay MSRP are either oblivious parents picking up the games for their kids or just folks with an expendable income (buying $100+ knick knacks, jewelry, and the like) who just don't care. But hey, who's to say anything when both parties come out satisfied? :bouncy:

Sad to see the Playstation party go away, especially when joining so late in contrast to everyone else. But it still saved me a pretty penny, since I was planning to pick up MLB12 before getting it for free.

When looking at their history on House Party, I noticed that Sony held previous Playstation-related events like the New Years dance party, and with MS joining in on the action with the Kinect Rush party, I suppose it's always possible to see them return to the venue in the future. Guess all we can do is wait and see.

[quote name='admiralvic']Yes, but at least they're going out with a bang. Regardless of the random item, we're getting two very good games.[/QUOTE]

It sucks but least their good for selling wouldn't pay a dime for any of the games I've gotten from them personally. Is a shame the only useful thing Sony does now is going though since programs like plus are fucking shit now.

[quote name='Puppet Master']It sucks but least their good for selling wouldn't pay a dime for any of the games I've gotten from them personally. Is a shame the only useful thing Sony does now is going though since programs like plus are fucking shit now.[/QUOTE]

Are you on drugs?! Plus is constantly getting better...

Feb had Far Cry 2, which is old, but it's also a full retail title and something of a demo for Far Cry 3. Feb also gave away every Sega classic, hamster ball, Simpsons arcade game (day 1 free), Battle Fantasia and a few more games I think.

March gave us Sly Cooper 1, which again is old, though it's also again a full retail title. Journey was offered a week early and considering the demand thats a perk. We also saw some neat perks like some free cars for Motorstorm RC. When you consider Vita users got that game for free, this DLC usable to many gamers.

Now we have April and that adds Shank 2. When you consider Shank 2 is pretty new, but more importantly very fun/well received, it's a fantastic addition. We're also getting Shift 2, though it's a year old game... it's still a full retail title too.

So in the last 3 months we've seen...

18 titles with trophies for free. 4 of which have platinums.
3 good quality PS1 classics (FFV, Unjammer, Silent Hill)

and all of this came for a whole what... 17 dollars for 3 months? You can hardly complain about the ongoing rise in quality. That is if you think this is worse, when was plus better?

-sigh- I guess I'm just not allowed to max out my points. Commented on three posts, Created three posts, Uploaded Two Photos, Commented on the sponsored post, and did the three polls...

Only got credit for the three polls. This happened last month with some items but not this many, so I JUST hit 990 points, I can't pass that threshold. Absolutely stupid.

When that's happened to me, I just add more posts, more photos, etc. and eventually get most of the points. What's annoying for me is when my polls don't count, I can't do those over again.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Just saw that the Resistance Super Voucher expires this Saturday.
Is it worth the trouble of trying to sell it on eBay?[/QUOTE]

Even if it worked, I couldn't see it having value. Resistance 2 should be basically dead, so it's not like theres any reason to get multiplayer DLC.

Yeah, aye if it doesn't matter to you just use them. You won't be able to sell 'em for much and Resistance 2 is basically dead. if you like the gameplay enough to get Resistance 3, it has a Resistance 3 multiplayer character code.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Just saw that the Resistance Super Voucher expires this Saturday.
Is it worth the trouble of trying to sell it on eBay?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to redeem it even though I hardly play online.

Seems like Sony has been making all of their vouchers last longer lately, so for all you guys know, it may still work after Saturday.

[quote name='bfett9']Just got email from House Party seems like no renewal in sight...oh well it was a good run of some great free games! thanks for the tips![/QUOTE]

I agree that it sounds like this is the end, but didn't this iteration of the program change its name to Playstation Online Rewards Program? This was my first time in the program, so I don't know what it was before, but maybe it might come back as something other than Playstation Online Reward Program in the future. It might get tweaked.

I'm hoping some sort of similar program pops up, while most of the games, I didn't particularly care for, free stuff is still free stuff.

On a side note, anyone know what the collector item is?

[quote name='Strigol']I'm hoping some sort of similar program pops up, while most of the games, I didn't particularly care for, free stuff is still free stuff.

On a side note, anyone know what the collector item is?[/QUOTE]

This is just a guess, but they may just send out random leftovers from previous months to get rid of their stock. I know someone posted they got a sackboy plush from them after emailing them.

If they put "PlayStation collectible" they can get away with sending one person a pint glass, or plush, or whatever.

It would make sense if the program is truly ending to purge whatever is left.

[quote name='Strigol']On a side note, anyone know what the collector item is?[/QUOTE]

I know its a long shot, but I kinda hope its Cole's bag from the InFamous 2 Collector's Edition. But, like I said, it's just wishful thinking.

[quote name='Double O Slevin']I know its a long shot, but I kinda hope its Cole's bag from the InFamous 2 Collector's Edition. But, like I said, it's just wishful thinking.[/QUOTE]

man i would LOVE that ! ..... :mad: don't get my hopes up.

[quote name='Double O Slevin']I know its a long shot, but I kinda hope its Cole's bag from the InFamous 2 Collector's Edition. But, like I said, it's just wishful thinking.[/QUOTE]

I said this a while back and ill say it again... I wouldn't be shocked if it was Drakes Journal. If you followed this program and subway, then you would know that every game appeared in this giveaway too. We're missing some DLC (understandable) and GT 5 was a different version (minor detail), plus we never got collectors editions (nit picking now), but this would be the last remaining item. When you figure we're getting UC 3 this month too... it seems even more likely.

@ Slowdive

it's meant to create mystery and interest, not leave them an easy out. Also while not likely, it could allow them to offer people who did more a better item. Additionally such cheapness is quite contradictory to their previous generous attitude.

Month 1 = 2 games because PSN was down.
Month like 7 = Free Pint glasses (wasn't offered as a prize, only the raffle was). Plus they gave us a set not a singular one.
Month 11 = Free Resistance because a beta was delayed.

I wouldn't necessarily expect it to be something we've received before (although it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest), but I certainly wouldn't expect anything decent. Every time they have been vague about prizes, they have been pretty lame (except for those pint glasses). It'll be great if we get something cool or something sellable, but for the time being, I don't think we should expect much more than a keychain or chapstick.

Hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

I know this isn't exactly the House Party thread, but I thought you guys should know I got an email to get into the Kinect Rush House Party just a few minutes ago. If you registered for it I'd advise you to check your email because there are a limited number of spots available.

So does anyone else have a random black square on the Jak and Daxter poster? it's around Daxter's face on the Jak II cover art.

[quote name='Puppet Master']It sucks but least their good for selling wouldn't pay a dime for any of the games I've gotten from them personally. Is a shame the only useful thing Sony does now is going though since programs like plus are fucking shit now.[/QUOTE]What kind of games do you like exactly?

[quote name='admiralvic']I said this a while back and ill say it again... I wouldn't be shocked if it was Drakes Journal. If you followed this program and subway, then you would know that every game appeared in this giveaway too. We're missing some DLC (understandable) and GT 5 was a different version (minor detail), plus we never got collectors editions (nit picking now), but this would be the last remaining item. When you figure we're getting UC 3 this month too... it seems even more likely.

@ Slowdive

it's meant to create mystery and interest, not leave them an easy out. Also while not likely, it could allow them to offer people who did more a better item. Additionally such cheapness is quite contradictory to their previous generous attitude.

Month 1 = 2 games because PSN was down.
Month like 7 = Free Pint glasses (wasn't offered as a prize, only the raffle was). Plus they gave us a set not a singular one.
Month 11 = Free Resistance because a beta was delayed.[/QUOTE]

LIKE I SAID... its WISHFUL THINKING, and a LONG SHOT, but that's what I personally would HOPE for. Anything is better than nothing, but hey, leave it to you to piss in someones cornflakes, as usual.

But, MEH, maybe you're right, MEH, maybe it's a note card that reads "Thanks for playing!" with a faux Kevin Butler signature on it. MEH!

Here's a question...last month, I did all the requirements at like 11PM on Sunday night. By Monday morning, I still didn't have the points...I emailed HP, letting them know, and they replied that they'd apply the points "behind the scenes." Without those points, I'm at 900 for the period. With those points, I'm well over the requirement for the tier 3 prize.

Anyone ever run into a similar situation? I'm worried I won't get my tier 3 prizes, and I was really excited about LBP2.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Here's a question...last month, I did all the requirements at like 11PM on Sunday night. By Monday morning, I still didn't have the points...I emailed HP, letting them know, and they replied that they'd apply the points "behind the scenes." Without those points, I'm at 900 for the period. With those points, I'm well over the requirement for the tier 3 prize.

Anyone ever run into a similar situation? I'm worried I won't get my tier 3 prizes, and I was really excited about LBP2.[/QUOTE]

I think hp is pretty nice with that kind of stuff so I wouldn't worry about it.

[quote name='Double O Slevin']LIKE I SAID... its WISHFUL THINKING, and a LONG SHOT, but that's what I personally would HOPE for. Anything is better than nothing, but hey, leave it to you to piss in someones cornflakes, as usual.

But, MEH, maybe you're right, MEH, maybe it's a note card that reads "Thanks for playing!" with a faux Kevin Butler signature on it. MEH![/QUOTE]

I don't know where exactly I was saying anything against it, I only quoted you because you were the last comment on that subject in the thread...

Just email HP letting them know. They are pretty damn lax
I emailed them in February about how i wanted the Sackboy plush and i didnt participate because that was the only thing i wanted (i totally forgot to participate in december)

They said no problem and sent one my way.

If you deserve the points and it was a goof on their end, I'm 99% confident they will just toss it in your favor

ON A SIDE NOTE
anyone figure out what the collector's item is going to be?
*edit looked back and someone is guessing it's Cole's bag
That would be pretty cool if it was a collector's edition of something just without the game
For all we know it could be the rest of LBP2 collector's edition, they already sent us sackboy plush and the game twice now with this month.

Here's hoping for a PS move set (go out with a bang eh?)

[quote name='Kolma']Just email HP letting them know. They are pretty damn lax
I emailed them in February about how i wanted the Sackboy plush and i didnt participate because that was the only thing i wanted (i totally forgot to participate in december)

They said no problem and sent one my way.

If you deserve the points and it was a goof on their end, I'm 99% confident they will just toss it in your favor

ON A SIDE NOTE
anyone figure out what the collector's item is going to be?
*edit looked back and someone is guessing it's Cole's bag
That would be pretty cool if it was a collector's edition of something just without the game
For all we know it could be the rest of LBP2 collector's edition, they already sent us sackboy plush and the game twice now with this month.

Here's hoping for a PS move set (go out with a bang eh?)[/QUOTE]

The special edition includes a good deal of the CE unlocks for LBP 2 CE, so outside of the box, that's basically the collectors edition already.

[quote name='admiralvic']The special edition includes a good deal of the CE unlocks for LBP 2 CE, so outside of the box, that's basically the collectors edition already.[/QUOTE]

I meant the physical bonuses, the Sackboy plush and the Bookcase.
not hoping for that though since i did buy the CE (bought it before i even got a PS3)

[quote name='Kolma']I meant the physical bonuses, the Sackboy plush and the Bookcase.[/QUOTE]

Well they already gave out the plush and the bookends. So I would hope we don't get it again. But maybe they might, I wouldn't doubt it.

[quote name='Kolma']I meant the physical bonuses, the Sackboy plush and the Bookcase.
not hoping for that though since i did buy the CE (bought it before i even got a PS3)[/QUOTE]

as Cpt said, the Plush was the lowest tier prize and the one above it was the bookends. Those make up every physical item I can think of (save the box), so it would be very strange to regive those items.

[quote name='admiralvic']as Cpt said, the Plush was the lowest tier prize and the one above it was the bookends. Those make up every physical item I can think of (save the box), so it would be very strange to regive those items.[/QUOTE]

Problem solved: Collectible = empty LBP2 CE box! :drool:

[quote name='SmashMan']Problem solved: Collectible = empty LBP2 CE box! :drool:[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize the bookends were given out too that month
Here's hoping we don't just get a box....
(will continue hoping we get CE of LBP2 SE that comes with move controller)

bread's done
Back