Playstation Rewards program is back!

i got all my maxed out points of 1038. i only joined last month but despite that i've read the CAG forum here and me and everyone here will miss this party,if it does come back then that would be awesome but if not then everyone had a fun time,i know i did with the resistance dual pack,MLB 12 the show,and now with UC3 and LBP 2 CE.

[quote name='hellmutt']If you got the Resistance dual pack, redeem the code inside by Mar 31 or you might miss out on the free DLC.[/QUOTE]

I was actually planning on keeping my copy sealed, do you happen to know what the DLC is for?

EDIT: Never mind, got off my arse and did some research. All the R2 DLC plus the R3 voucher for the SRPA Capelli skin. I already have all this, so I'm going to pop it open and give the DLC to my friend.

[quote name='Kolma']
ON A SIDE NOTE
anyone figure out what the collector's item is going to be?
*edit looked back and someone is guessing it's Cole's bag
That would be pretty cool if it was a collector's edition of something just without the game
For all we know it could be the rest of LBP2 collector's edition, they already sent us sackboy plush and the game twice now with this month.

Here's hoping for a PS move set (go out with a bang eh?)[/QUOTE]

While we're dreaming I hope it's a first edition Vita bundle ;)

I just got a little survey about Playstation Rewards in my email. If you want a chance of another year of the program, when they ask you how many times you mentioned Playstation Rewards to friends, families, etc., make sure you answer in the triple digits. :D

[quote name='MrPiggles']I just got a little survey about Playstation Rewards in my email. If you want a chance of another year of the program, when they ask you how many times you mentioned Playstation Rewards to friends, families, etc., make sure you answer in the triple digits. :D[/QUOTE]

Already done. The only negative I noted was that it was sad to see the program come to an end. :\

[quote name='SaiF']If I didn't get a chance to join before and they renew it this year will they open new applications?[/QUOTE]

Well the program ends tomorrow and if they do this again it will be a fresh start so I think we'd all have to re-apply. Truth is though we don't know, all we know is it ends tomorrow :cry: although Sony did say to stay tuned but that could just be generic corporate speak and they have nothing planned.

Also, guys, for evaluation surveys like this, you may FEEL compelled to fill in everything, but if they ask if there's anything to improve, SAY NO. Period. Seriously, the bigwigs actually LOVE that, as unrealistic as it is.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Also, guys, for evaluation surveys like this, you may FEEL compelled to fill in everything, but if they ask if there's anything to improve, SAY NO. Period. Seriously, the bigwigs actually LOVE that, as unrealistic as it is.[/QUOTE]

Let's be perfectly honest here... outside of the completely random prizes and houseparties god awful design... this is the perfect program.

Minimal work, high payout.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Also, guys, for evaluation surveys like this, you may FEEL compelled to fill in everything, but if they ask if there's anything to improve, SAY NO. Period. Seriously, the bigwigs actually LOVE that, as unrealistic as it is.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, marketers want honest opinions not pats on the back.

[quote name='Mugatu']I disagree, marketers want honest opinions not pats on the back.[/QUOTE]
Sure, they want honest opinions, but they want them from very specific hand-picked people who fit a certain mold. Diversity rarely plays a role in market research.

I'm speaking in general terms, mind you.

I have a BS in Marketing, but I will stay out of this and just say:

High ups (like CEO,COO) want pats on the back, marketers want honest data that can be manipulated to make themselves look good. ;)

Don't get me wrong, loved the program, but I want more games! I hope it gets renewed so I can get Starhawk, Sly Cooper 4, Title Fight, LittleBigRacing, and whatever other games are coming out.

[quote name='hellmutt']If you got the Resistance dual pack, redeem the code inside by Mar 31 or you might miss out on the free DLC.[/QUOTE]
Another reminder of this^^.

[quote name='dano1mark1']will we ever get the littlebig kart racing beta code or no since the problem is done[/QUOTE]

I don't see why you would think that matters... if they knew we wouldn't get the promo code in the next 2 weeks, why give us resistance as a prize for waiting? Most likely there was a HUGE delay, I mean the game went from a mysterious MNR beta to the assumed LittleBig Cart Racing. Assuming that the two are the same, something like this might have happened.

Sony starts untitled cart racing game.
Sony starts HouseParty program.
Game gets listed as MNR or something like that from the start.
The game shifts to being Littlebig Cart Racing and is delayed over having to change things.
Originally planned to mention a beta when it was showcased, things were delayed over the shift in design.
Our MNR beta gets delayed to an unknown time, so we were given Resistance as it is most likely a long wait.

While the above could be completely wrong... all I am saying is that they wouldn't have given us resistance if it wasn't a long wait. Case in Point, we got jack shit when Ratchet and Clank beta was having issues.

[quote name='slowdive21']I have a BS in Marketing, but I will stay out of this and just say:

High ups (like CEO,COO) want pats on the back, marketers want honest data that can be manipulated to make themselves look good. ;)[/QUOTE]
Good way of putting it. It's one of the few lessons I remember from the Statistics class I took several years ago.

"Thanks for all the action! We hope you had fun earning points and rewards! The PlayStation® Online Rewards Program has been a smash success thanks to your participation, and we’ve loved having you along for the ride these past 16 months.

Make sure to check back here to keep talking, communicating and sharing about your favorite PlayStation® games, and keep your eyes peeled for more House Party events."

Posted by PlayStation about an hour ago. Hints at the possibility of more House Party events! :bouncy:

[quote name='Ross_ON_Psn']"Thanks for all the action! We hope you had fun earning points and rewards! The PlayStation® Online Rewards Program has been a smash success thanks to your participation, and we’ve loved having you along for the ride these past 16 months.

Make sure to check back here to keep talking, communicating and sharing about your favorite PlayStation® games, and keep your eyes peeled for more House Party events."

Posted by PlayStation about an hour ago. Hints at the possibility of more House Party events! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
You're reading too much into that. They are clearly referring to the other programs that they run through their web site. However doubtful it may be, there could possibly be another PS3 promotion in the near future, but even if that does happen, the text you quoted still isn't hinting at it.

[quote name='hellspawnuchiha']Has anyone gotten the email about what we won yet? I'm hoping it says what the "collectible item" is...[/QUOTE]

Dirty socks with "Sony" written on it with a faded Sharpie.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Around when do they accept more applications? Monthly? Yearly?[/QUOTE]

House Party does it monthly but this Playstation program is over, if you were looking forward to that, I'm sorry bro.

Oh shoot, I forgot that the voucher for resistance dual pack expired on march 31st even though like 5 people on here mentioned that....Oh well lol, just going to leave it sealed then...

[quote name='Redeema']I'm hoping that the collector's item is just the Uncharted 3 collector's edition. That's my guess as what it is anyway.[/QUOTE]

It could be just the ring and belt buckle from the CE, similar to how they sent out just the LBP2 plushie from the LBP2 CE a couple months back.

[quote name='WakYasuk']Oh shoot, I forgot that the voucher for resistance dual pack expired on march 31st even though like 5 people on here mentioned that....Oh well lol, just going to leave it sealed then...[/QUOTE]

Same here, lol. I remember the night I got in from work thinking, "I should redeem that code." I passed out right after that. Oh well. I still have my original copy of RE2 (Circuit City) sealed along with the the RE3. I'll get around to playing them eventually.

If you haven't used the voucher and it expired you could probably contact Sony and they'll fix it for you - I know this happened to some people with EA Online Passes that expired in new games.

[quote name='WakYasuk']Oh shoot, I forgot that the voucher for resistance dual pack expired on march 31st even though like 5 people on here mentioned that....Oh well lol, just going to leave it sealed then...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Same here, lol. I remember the night I got in from work thinking, "I should redeem that code." I passed out right after that. Oh well. I still have my original copy of RE2 (Circuit City) sealed along with the the RE3. I'll get around to playing them eventually.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mugatu']If you haven't used the voucher and it expired you could probably contact Sony and they'll fix it for you - I know this happened to some people with EA Online Passes that expired in new games.[/QUOTE]

I know it had an expiration date, but have you tried to redeem it yet? Sometimes they leave it open for a while longer for those procrastinators... post your results so those others who may have forgot can benefit.

I redeemed it before it expired.

However, in the PS3 code giveaway thread someone handed one of those out and someone else replied that it was expired so I think if there was leeway its' gone now.

Just got the email..
This time around, no matter how many points you earned this month (1 point and above), EVERYONE will receive the best rewards package!

and re: PS3 collector item

*** PlayStation® Collector’s Item is only available to legal U.S. [and Canadian] residents with a PlayStation®Network (“PSN”) account who are 18 or older have earned the required rewards points as part of the Online Rewards Program. The approximate value of the reward is $10 USD.

[quote name='BiggyP2P']The fine print also says that you need a psn account for the collectors item. So it could be a downloadable game of sorts.[/QUOTE]

Just their generic text. Says the same for the koozie. :)

[quote name='BiggyP2P']The fine print also says that you need a psn account for the collectors item. So it could be a downloadable game of sorts.[/QUOTE]
The koozie also requires a PSN account... so I doubt that fine print is accurate.

Edit: ninjad.

The Koozie says the same thing.

bread's done
Back