Playstation Rewards program is back!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's what confuses me though. If you're playing different games, then what's the point in chatting via a voice chat option? I could see if you were playing as a squad on a BF or COD game or something, since then you could strategize. But if it's just to sit there n bullshit while playing seperate games, I just don't see a point to it.

Besides which, the PS3 honestly needed to have more internal memory and it takes a bit to load into the XMB as it is while in a game. So I could only imagine if they actually made cross game chat on there. The system would probably bog down and/or crash.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

It's actually a lot nicer than you think. When I play Skyrim, it's nice having some buddies to talk to, of if I'm playing COD and someone else is playing Madden, we can still talk. I'm usually in a party 90% of the time on XBL, and 90% of the time, at least one person is playing a different game. It's nice to still talk with your friends, even if they have different tastes than you.

I guess I'm a very solitary gamer then, as I don't like to be bothered when playing a game. Only time I might shoot a message to a friend is when we're playing the same game(BF1943 recently), but voice chat would be impossible with some of my friends on PSN since I don't believe many of them have or use headsets.

Yeah, I don't know how people can stand to voice-chat with each other while playing games. When I'm playing a game, the last thing I want to do is talk to people. I don't even like it when playing online (which I don't do much of because of its pointlessness).

Yeah, if I'm playing through a campaign or a single player where I'm heavily interested in the storyline then I play by myself while not in a party...but generally if me and my friends aren't going out or hanging at someone's house then Xbox Live parties are the way to go.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Yeah, I don't know how people can stand to voice-chat with each other while playing games. When I'm playing a game, the last thing I want to do is talk to people. I don't even like it when playing online (which I don't do much of because of its pointlessness).[/QUOTE]
I used to wear my headset religiously when playing GTA, but after far too many screaming lil twits or people blaring their music at eardrum shattering levels I stopped using it altogether a while ago.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I used to wear my headset religiously when playing GTA, but after far too many screaming lil twits or people blaring their music at eardrum shattering levels I stopped using it altogether a while ago.[/QUOTE]

That's one of the beauties of party chat. In party chat, all the other crap online is filtered out, and you only hear the people in your party.

I really wish Dark Souls/Demon's Souls had voice chat. I could only imagine how many expletives would be shouted at those games. It would be awesome to strategize when a Black Phantom entered into your world though. The last game I used for Voice Chat was Uncharted 3. A lot of my friends text me when I'm gaming, and they hardly call. I don't mind that because I would hate to talk on the phone when I'm gaming. Just my two cents though.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I really wish Dark Souls/Demon's Souls had voice chat. I could only imagine how many expletives would be shouted at those games. It would be awesome to strategize when a Black Phantom entered into your world though. The last game I used for Voice Chat was Uncharted 3. A lot of my friends text me when I'm gaming, and they hardly call. I don't mind that because I would hate to talk on the phone when I'm gaming. Just my two cents though.[/QUOTE]

I doubt there would be many. The souls series isn't actually hard, but requires you to play their way. Many people think they can just rush everything or the first time you do it it's hard, but beyond this it's a extremely doable game.

[quote name='admiralvic']I doubt there would be many. The souls series isn't actually hard, but requires you to play their way. Many people think they can just rush everything or the first time you do it it's hard, but beyond this it's a extremely doable game.[/QUOTE]

It isn't hard at all, just cheap. The best advice I can give people is run through a level until you die to see what is ahead. If you are a slow moving/ cautious gamer like me you will be really pissed when you die a cheap death (like falling into a hole) and can't recover the lost souls.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Is this the PS Rewards thread? :oldman:[/QUOTE]
no, this is Patrick!!!
In all seriousness since the event is pretty much done, we're mostly having some conversations :)

[quote name='slowdive21']It isn't hard at all, just cheap. The best advice I can give people is run through a level until you die to see what is ahead. If you are a slow moving/ cautious gamer like me you will be really pissed when you die a cheap death (like falling into a hole) and can't recover the lost souls.[/QUOTE]

You can always do the force close to attempt to get those back, lol. ;) Anyways, it's a phenomenal game. I can run through Demon's Souls no problem. Higher level character build + familiarity of the game. I haven't finished Dark Souls yet. I'll get to it when I have more time.

[quote name='hellspawnuchiha']no, this is Patrick!!!
In all seriousness since the event is pretty much done, we're mostly having some conversations :)[/QUOTE]

I'm not a Krusty Krab :argue:
Good laugh

Just got my email too!
Ship date Apr 11, 2012
Estimated delivery Apr 14, 2012

Service type FedEx Home Delivery
Weight 1.0 lbs/.5 kg

Received my shipping confirmation email also. My package should be here Saturday! I'm really hoping Sony and Houseparty bring this program back cause it's been a great year of free goodies!

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Shipment Dates
Ship date Apr 11, 2012
Estimated delivery Apr 13, 2012

Woohoo![/QUOTE]
You lucky son of a gun

Just got an email saying my package will be here Friday. Sad to see it go as I was late finding out about the program and was only in for a couple of months but was listed as pending until mid march.

Only got partial done this last month but got lucky to get everything and I'm grateful. Doubt this program will return considering Sony's current financial woes. Still love the gaming division regardless of all the flack they get. Sadly the rest of the company is nothing like the company of the 80's - 90's.

Use to love their tv's, cd players, dvd players, vcr's, boom boxes, walkman etc back in the day. Now you couldn't pay me to buy one of their tv's after what some friends went through with them in the last year or so.

Maybe Hirai will return them to their former glory of leading in technology and turn the company around. Read a report that said 3rd Qtr 2013 they should start to show a profit again so maybe the program will return at a later date, sure hope so.

I havent gotten an email yet either, however i maxed out as usual on points this month so hopefully ill get the package or email shortly.

[quote name='jamisonfitz']I havent gotten an email yet either, however i maxed out as usual on points this month so hopefully ill get the package or email shortly.[/QUOTE]

Everyone who got ever one point should get everything this month.

Next Tuesday arrival for me.
Most excited about the collectible thing. Likely it's something stupid, but it's probably not something I have at least.

Woo, just got my email, says it will be here Saturday. I'll probably sell the games somehow (never sold any of them before but I already own these 2).

I'm actually surprised at how early they sent the packages this month since the last 3 months, they have sent them around the 19th of the month.

I don't know if it was answered or not (I did not see one).
But for those of you who were asking about the Resistance Dual Pack codes with the 3/31/12 expiration.
THEY DO STILL WORK.
I just inputted mine in at 1250 CST on 4/12/12 and they both worked.
Don't know for how long, but as of this time THEY STILL WORK.
Go Go Go!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WonkyToad']I don't know if it was answered or not (I did not see one).
But for those of you who were asking about the Resistance Dual Pack codes with the 3/31/12 expiration.
THEY DO STILL WORK.
I just inputted mine in at 1250 CST on 4/21/12 and they both worked.
Go Go Go!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks I updated to OP here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9246749&approved=1#post9246749

[quote name='WonkyToad']I just inputted mine in at 1250 CST on 4/21/12 and they both worked.
Go Go Go!!![/QUOTE]Are you from the future? :shock:

Anyone else feeling...something? i don't know how to describe it, but this last package feels different. I guess it's just my anticipation and the fact that it's the last one we'll get for the time being. :(

Can't wait to receive the package on Saturday!

bread's done
Back