PlayStation Store Taxes

WiiShopChannels

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Does the PlayStation Store charge taxes when you buy something? If so, am I able to change my state to another state that doesn't charge taxes? I live in Texas and I believe I get charged taxes in the PSS. What states don't charge taxes?

If you use PSN cards you can change your state to somewhere like Oregon. If you use a credit card, then obviously you have to use your real billing address.

Set it to Virginia. I use my credit card (real billing address) and don't get charged if the account was created as an account from Virginia

Just choose Delaware, no sales tax period. One of the few awesome things about living in the most boring state (sports betting in the fall will help). I swear if ever move I will never have enough money to buy anything simply because I wont think about tax.

Oregon doesn't charge tax either, if you're looking for another option. I told the console that I live there, but still have the billing address of my debit card set to my real address in Illinois. Works just fine!

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']so u just change ur address to the tax free state, but u can leave ur billing address the same right?[/QUOTE]
That's what I did. It's a bit more than simply changing the state, as you need a proper City and Zip Code as well, but it worked fine for me.

We don't get charged tax in NV, which is weird since we have sales tax and Sony Style stores here. I wonder what the deciding factor actually is.

bread's done
Back