PlayStation TV $20 / bundle $30 at Walmart B&M

AndyD33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
367 (100%)
The bundle with a dualshock 3, Lego movie game, sly cooper game, and an 8gb card is now $30.

The Ps tv by itself is now $20.

Updated prices 4/2/16

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like you have the best Wal-Mart in the world. I feel most would try to forcefully refund you and take the product back and remove them all from the shelves. Or just tell you "so, what do you want me to do?"
That's the question they ask me whenever I take anything to the register to buy it. Then, they tell me that they can't ring me up because they're going on break.

I just picked up one of the bundles on sunday. Got it $15 since the game vouchers where expired. After purchase in the electronic dept. I opened it immediately. Showed the cashier they where expired and he gave me a gift card for 50% of the price. So basicly got a new ps3 controller, 8gb vita memory card, and ps tv device for $15
Arent you lucky since Sony extended the codes on the Lego game. I don't know about the sly game mine only came with the Lego game and it works now

bought 2 at the walmart on 42 in garner nc. one for my brother and one as a back up. i bought one the first time they went 50 and got another 64gb card too. 

I just picked up one of the bundles on sunday. Got it $15 since the game vouchers where expired. After purchase in the electronic dept. I opened it immediately. Showed the cashier they where expired and he gave me a gift card for 50% of the price. So basicly got a new ps3 controller, 8gb vita memory card, and ps tv device for $15
Bitch.

My Walmart has 3 PS Vita TV Bundle but the the sticker price shows $99.

If the bundle was scanned, would it show the $30?
It should. Mine had $49.99 stickers, but scanned at $29.99 no matter what you scanned (including the $49.99 tag). Doesn't hurt to ask for them to price check. Worst that can happen is it rings up too high and you tell them you don't want it.

Got a pstv bundle for $30. Might return it though. I don't know. Anyone know where I can get cheap memory cards? Checked Walmart clearance but didn't find any. Did find a ps move essentials pack marked at $30 that I got for like $15. Seriously considering psvr now lol

Got the second to last bundle.

Noticed when I got home that it was an obvious return. Opened it up and and there were no game vouchers.

I went around looking for the memory cards. Drove a ton of miles and when I get there to both different stores the brick seek gets updated to zero units...

Is this worth buying if I have a Vita?
For most people, probably not. I bought mine, hooked it up exactly once, and haven't touched it since.

Here's my problem with it:

Lack of support.

A bunch of games (Vita and PSP) are not supported on it. A whitelist hack can get around that, but to my knowledge, that will lock out those people that wanted to connect it to their PSN account and take advantage of digital games associated with their account.

No Netflix support. This would be a perfect Netflix box. It does support Hulu, however.

It still uses those stupid Vita memory cards (which makes sense, as it is basically a Vita without a screen) which with the exception of the Walmart blowouts are stupidly expensive.

---

That being said, if you want to use it for the PS4 extension, that may be one thing. I haven't tried that aspect out. If you want to play the supported Vita games on your HD TV set, that would be another aspect. I basically bought this for the sole idea of playing through the Persona games again.

This deal is crazy good if you can manage to find the bundle with the DS3 controller, as you are getting the controller at a discount, and then the Vita stuff is a freebie. But as far as a general usage case, I'm still scratching my head.

Is this worth buying if I have a Vita?
Best feature is being able to play Vita games on the big screen. You just can't play them all without modding the device. That said, if you already have a PS3, you can play your PS1 games from PSN on that, but like many of the other people said, it's a decent price for what it is in this case.

won't vita games blown up on a big screen look butt ugly? most vita games don't look visually appealing on the handheld itself to begin with.

Wait do Walmarts usually have the clearanced memory cards with the PS stuff or in a seperate section with other clearanced electronics?

Wait do Walmarts usually have the clearanced memory cards with the PS stuff or in a seperate section with other clearanced electronics?
Mine had put all the video game clearance on one endcap with the clearanced Disney Infinity and Skylanders. The memory cards were pegged. I would check Brickseek for the prices and availability of the 4, 8 and 16 gb cards before heading out to the store.

Picked up another bundle at the Wal-Mart on Federal Highway in Pompano Beach. There were at least two more bundles left.

I just want the controller so if anyone wants the vouchers, PSTV, and memory card let me know and we can work something out.

Picked up another bundle at the Wal-Mart on Federal Highway in Pompano Beach. There were at least two more bundles left.

I just want the controller so if anyone wants the vouchers, PSTV, and memory card let me know and we can work something out.
Sent you pm.

Plugged my new PSTV the other night to test PS4 remote play. Picture quality and lag better than the new PC remote play by a long shot, about equivalent to Vita remote play, except it's better because you can use a DS3 or DS4 which stupidly the Vita still doesn't officially support.

No streaming apps like Netflix and Prime is just idiotic, unless you are committed to Sony's digital content distribution don't expect to replace a roku or fire TV with this.

I have been a PS+ member for years and easily had enough supported "free" games to fill the included 8GB card several times over. Everyone complains that some games aren't supported, what they don't say is that HUNDREDS of PS1, PSP, and Vita games are supported.

Seriously, if you're already invested in Sony PS+ or any amount of DLC this package with the controller and memory is a no-brainer at $30. There's more gaming goodness available for a PSTV than for some full consoles, as long as you like indie, older games and Japanese stuff, as there will essentially be no more new AAA titles released for it.

705743d4889aa90a8a4e4374f028d93b.jpg

Just picked one up Tega Cay SC.

Ahhh so THAT'S what they look like.
My favorite part of the box art is "all you need to join the exciting world of PlayStation." It's more like "embarking on the world of PlayStation and running into an invisible brick wall." LOL!

Even if store has them, you can't just ask employee about it?
Do I physically need to find them myself?
Most of my walmarts don't have clearance sections, mostly discounted stand with games.

Most of my walmarts don't have clearance sections, mostly discounted stand with games.
Walmart employees are almost universally clueless. I would look in the bottom of the playstation game cases rather than the clearance section.

Walmart employees are almost universally clueless. I would look in the bottom of the playstation game cases rather than the clearance section.
I remember trading in fifa when the $30 trade in offer was up. Lady at target told me, you know you won't get much right?. She scanned and was surprised to see $30, even started laughing lol

I remember trading in fifa when the $30 trade in offer was up. Lady at target told me, you know you won't get much right?. She scanned and was surprised to see $30, even started laughing lol
I had a lazy girl at Walmart tell me they wouldn't give me much and I should just go to Gamestop.

Then she scanned the games and I got around $25/each.

Don't know about the PSTV, but I know some Walmart stashed the memory cards in the back.

Don't know about the PSTV, but I know some Walmart stashed the memory cards in the back.
In my experience the bundles are either at the bottom of the PS3/PS4 case, or in one of the cases on the opposite side of the game aisle where they keep the miscellaneous PS merchandise. I've yet to find the memory cards, and after Googling to see what the packaging looks like, I understand why. Doesn't look any bigger than a PSN card.

I haven't asked an employee to check the back yet, but probably will next time.

I got a bundle with a controller but it was torn open with the memory card and games missing. I didn't care for the games anyways since I got sly by renting the game from Gamefly. Sad about that memory card though

Anyone in Atlanta. Don't bother with the Howell Mill walmart. They show in stock 2 or more on the 16gb card via BS, but do not have them.  

I got a bundle with a controller but it was torn open with the memory card and games missing. I didn't care for the games anyways since I got sly by renting the game from Gamefly. Sad about that memory card though
Dang. Did you at least get it discounted?
Yeah, happened to me (though just the games, why didn't they take the memory card while they were at it??). Haven't made it back there yet to exchange (hopefully) or get a discount.

Brickseek showed 1 or less at my walmart (northwest Indianapolis) but when I got there, there were 3+ standalones and bundles each. I'm probably just going to trade the controller and memory card to GS and use my PS4 controller and 32 gb card I already have. 

bread's done
Back