PlayStation TV $20 / bundle $30 at Walmart B&M

AndyD33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
367 (100%)
The bundle with a dualshock 3, Lego movie game, sly cooper game, and an 8gb card is now $30.

The Ps tv by itself is now $20.

Updated prices 4/2/16

Last edited by a moderator:
My store finally dropped the price on the bundle today, so I got one.

Sly Cooper was a cross-buy game, right?  Can anybody that used the code verify that you get a PS3 copy as well?

Sly Cooper was a cross-buy game, right? Can anybody that used the code verify that you get a PS3 copy as well?
I bought ps3 version used and had no code.

It did have an extra app on disc that registers it to your psn for vita.

Mine was a used copy, so other user had already redeemed/activated.

Playstation all stars for ps3 had the same feature, but never bought it for vita first.

Not sure how it works for digital, since it was one of the first to do this.

Sly Cooper was a cross-buy game, right? Can anybody that used the code verify that you get a PS3 copy as well?
I don't think the collection was only Thieves in Time. At the very least it wasn't when I bought it for PS3.

Hi, My NE Wal-Marts are completely OOS on the TV + the bundles. Does anybody still have an extra PSTV that you'd be willing to part with?

My son (who has a violin concert next week & will deserve a nice gift for his dedication) & I would be very grateful. Also, I can pay u immediately via PayPal.

PM me if able to help out.
Thanks,

Troy

Went to Walmart and lady gave me attitude. Wouldn't check and see if they had any. She looked pissed off once I asked her.

Looked around PlayStation case and clearance, nothing.

Well the local walmart moved them from under the PS3/PS4 stuff in the glass case to on the shelves with the accessories, presumably due to the MSRP being less that 1/3 of what it was initially.  Anyhow, I picked up the bundle with the controller, if someone wants it, please PM me.

Brickseek showed 1 or less at my walmart (northwest Indianapolis) but when I got there, there were 3+ standalones and bundles each. I'm probably just going to trade the controller and memory card to GS and use my PS4 controller and 32 gb card I already have.
If you're interested in doing a trade, can you check my tradelist in my sig. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Just repeating the fact that brickseek isn't always accurate. Said one of my locations had 1 or less of the bundle (they had 3) and the store didn't even come up on their list showing stock for the 16GB card yet had one in a clearance section.

Their clearance sections are messed up though, the sales guy even admitted that. Had to go to the camera area to find a whole clearance section on game stuff, and the 16GB card was marked $38. They also had another clearance section with some game stuff mixed in on the back endcap of a movie row, on the opposite side of the games area.

If you really want any Vita stuff, just stop in and check!

Picked up a bundle at a Walmart that said 0 in stock on Brickseek. The expired code still worked on the Lego game. It didn't work on Sly Cooper, but I think I already bought that digitally.

Scored one yesterday where Brickseek said none existed. You're gonna have to do the legwork on this one. Store I visited had three, paradoxically tagged $69 on the box, but $29 on the shelf. Thanks everyone!

WalMart might be restocking these. Was recently at a WalMart that did not have any pstvs before - and now they have like 5 setup in the display cases with signs advertising the price drop

WalMart might be restocking these. Was recently at a WalMart that did not have any pstvs before - and now they have like 5 setup in the display cases with signs advertising the price drop
Nope, Sony stopped shipping these out to retailers like 2 months ago. Your Walmart probably just stashed these in the back and couldn't find it until now.

Heads up,

So i did the whitelist trick on my 3.52 psTV and it worked running tearaway ect...

So i read that updating does not patch the trick, granted you already have it setup before updating.

So i updated to 3.60 and i lost the ability to run tearaway and others.   >.> sux

It's not the touch that crashes it; it's the need for a camera, and the PSTV's absence of one. Either way it doesn't run for long. Aggravating, as my Vita can't run it either... the second thumbstick stopped working last year.

Got Tearaway on a reduced price clearance at Walmart (not nationwide drop) for $5 for my PSTV but realized I can't play it with the PSTV. Should have realized since it's a heavy touch compatible game.

Picked up a third bundle! Store showed that it had maybe 1 to 0 in stock. Also picked up 4 4GB memory card for $9.98 + tax. If you're looking for one. I'll sell thwm at cost plus shipping. Wanted to post that here before the trade forums.

Edit: Selling the memory cards. Not the bundle sorry for the confusion.

Found an open boxed bundle at one Walmart.  Brickseek said they had memory cards, but they were not in the video game section.  Not knowing where else to look, and the electronics gentleman clearly would have had no idea what I was talking about, I just left with the bundle.

PSTV only have slot for Vita card, no PSP. Accessing PSN store would risk updating firmware, which would undo the whitelist hack. In a sense, the hack let you turn the PSTV into a screenless Vita.
This was my issue, to my knowledge there is no way to both keep the whitelist and update to the latest firmware (as 90% of my vita collection is digital)

This was my issue, to my knowledge there is no way to both keep the whitelist and update to the latest firmware (as 90% of my vita collection is digital)
Same here, I had to upgrade because Toukiden needed 3.6 filmware. It made no sense to keep the whitelist if I couldn't play the game I owned on tv.

My Walmart had 5 bundles last time I was there, so I bought all of them. Yeah, I'm that guy. I am keeping one and I already sold two - so I have two more left. Will probably sell one of the remaining, but I am tossing around the idea of gutting one of them for the 8GB card and then selling the system and dual shock 3 by themselves. First world problems...

My Walmart had 5 bundles last time I was there, so I bought all of them. Yeah, I'm that guy. I am keeping one and I already sold two - so I have two more left. Will probably sell one of the remaining, but I am tossing around the idea of gutting one of them for the 8GB card and then selling the system and dual shock 3 by themselves. First world problems...
Haha, I would've done the same thing. I currently have 3 which cost me a total of maybe $100 thanks to this site! Once I get a better internet connection, I'll hook them all up for remote play etc.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I went by a Walmart this weekend while out of town that had at least 5 of the bundles with Sly included.  I was surprised as it said one or less on brickseek.  I only bought 1, I don't care about flipping and I just wanted an extra to play with.  They also had a bunch of the stand alone systems.  Went by another local walmart last night and even though they weren't listed on brickseek as having any, they had one with sly and a few of the standalone systems.  It's weird how these have popped back up after the Walmarts here pulled most of the Vita/PSTV stuff right before Christmas to make room for other games.  I mean, completely pulled from the shelves, not just hidden.

In any event... now I'm tempted to buy yet another one... just to have yet another one and another extra controller.  It reminds me of the death of the Dreamcast except then I didn't have the cash to just blow on extra duplicate systems though I wish I did.

Is this price drop universal across all stores?  I went to a store yesterday that had the Sly/Lego bundle and the tag said $50 but there was another spot on the shelf that showed a bundle for $30 but it was OOS.  I asked the worker there if the Sly/Lego bundle was the same price but he said the item numbers are different so it wouldn't be $30.  He didn't scan it, though.

Is this price drop universal across all stores? I went to a store yesterday that had the Sly/Lego bundle and the tag said $50 but there was another spot on the shelf that showed a bundle for $30 but it was OOS. I asked the worker there if the Sly/Lego bundle was the same price but he said the item numbers are different so it wouldn't be $30. He didn't scan it, though.
Never trust the tags in any store.

Is this price drop universal across all stores? I went to a store yesterday that had the Sly/Lego bundle and the tag said $50 but there was another spot on the shelf that showed a bundle for $30 but it was OOS. I asked the worker there if the Sly/Lego bundle was the same price but he said the item numbers are different so it wouldn't be $30. He didn't scan it, though.
The store I went to that had at least 5 bundles had 3 price tags. One for a PSTV Bundle for $50, the basic PSTV for $20 and then sort of hidden off to the side was a PSTV Sly Bundle for $30. The $50 tag was in front of the PSTV's with Sly but reading the detail on the sticker it didn't match the bar code I could see through the glass, but the $30 tag did match. I still had the guy price match it at the register but I didn't mention I wanted a price check until he came over, got the system out and was carrying it to the register. I wouldn't bother ever just asking for a price check unless you see a worker with a portable price checker/label maker thing... let them do the work of getting it out and then price check it before paying.

It's a universal price drop so all stores will have the bundles at $30/$20 unless they've allocated markdown dollars towards them to decrease the price even further.

OT:  Anyone hack their PSTV to run emulators?  Particularly NES/SNES?  Any performance issues?

The store I went to that had at least 5 bundles had 3 price tags. One for a PSTV Bundle for $50, the basic PSTV for $20 and then sort of hidden off to the side was a PSTV Sly Bundle for $30. The $50 tag was in front of the PSTV's with Sly but reading the detail on the sticker it didn't match the bar code I could see through the glass, but the $30 tag did match. I still had the guy price match it at the register but I didn't mention I wanted a price check until he came over, got the system out and was carrying it to the register. I wouldn't bother ever just asking for a price check unless you see a worker with a portable price checker/label maker thing... let them do the work of getting it out and then price check it before paying.
This x100. All employees at Walmart are useless without their scanners. I hate having to find an employee that works in any department and only seeing ones without a scanner. You ask them for something and they either point you in the wrong direction or attempt to do their job for once which leads to doing nothing.

bread's done
Back