Banned
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_lyfzzt

Includes:

PS Vita w/ Wifi + 3G
8GB Memory Card
Dataconnect session pass
1 Playstation Network game

Hello,

We'd like to provide an update for customers who have pre-ordered the "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" handheld console. All customers who pre-order this item before its February 22, 2012 release date will be automatically upgraded to the "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" at no additional charge. The "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" will include an 8GB Memory Card, AT&T DataConnect Session Pass, and Free PlayStation Network Game. More details can be found in this item's product description section here: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle

This upgrade will be extended to all existing "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" pre-orders. Please note that due to limited quantities, we can't guarantee the availability of "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" after the pre-order window has ended.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new handheld console.

- Amazon Video Game Editors

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe someone knows the answer to this.

If I order a Vita game from Amazon, what is coming in the game box - a code to DL the game or a memory card with the game on it?

[quote name='panasonic']link? proof? I thought it was a full title at $29.99-$39.99[/QUOTE]

I just think it makes more sense, why would Sony give you a download for a $30-$40 title, a better memory card and a month of 3g for $50 less? When you look at the picture on Amazon it says you get over a $55 dollar in value. If you add up the 8gb memory card, a month of 3G and a free download. I think that equates to a game in the $5-$15 range.

[quote name='skiizim']I just think it makes more sense, why would Sony give you a download for a $30-$40 title, a better memory card and a month of 3g for $50 less? When you look at the picture on Amazon it says you get over a $55 dollar in value. If you add up the 8gb memory card, a month of 3G and a free download. I think that equates to a game in the $5-$15 range.[/QUOTE]

It is my assumption that it is not Sony that is doing the game. The game was free from AT&T before this bundle. The *free game was not apart of the bundle BECAUSE the free game offer lasts until MAY 2012 and this launch bundle is only the first shipment. Also in other territories they are getting Wipeout and Hotshots for the 3g offer.

I hope it can be clarified, I just cant see the $299 bundle getting a better deal just for waiting a week. Who knows, the FEB bundle might still get the same offer.

[quote name='bahgee']Maybe someone knows the answer to this.

If I order a Vita game from Amazon, what is coming in the game box - a code to DL the game or a memory card with the game on it?[/QUOTE]

It's a card with the game on it. Sort of like the DS or 3DS. You have the option to buy games directly off PSN that will download to the memory card which you must purchase separately(or preorder a 3g model). In addition, certain games require the memory card to save data or play, even if they are bought as a physical game. Here is a list that was published a while back, not sure if there are any updates:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/21/report-these-are-the-vita-games-that-require-a-memory-card/

[quote name='panasonic'] Also in other territories they are getting Wipeout and Hotshots for the 3g offer.[/QUOTE]

Wipeout or HSG would be super fine by me. Those will both be bought by me (and most people) soon anyway.
So that means the game will be some other crap. Maybe a secret Kung Fu Rider Vita sequel:puke:

[quote name='panasonic']It is my assumption that it is not Sony that is doing the game. The game was free from AT&T before this bundle. The *free game was not apart of the bundle BECAUSE the free game offer lasts until MAY 2012 and this launch bundle is only the first shipment. Also in other territories they are getting Wipeout and Hotshots for the 3g offer.[/QUOTE]

Its been confirm its a 10$ game sorry.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Its been confirm its a 10$ game sorry.[/QUOTE]

Where is the link? I Was thinking it was a no brainer if it was a full PSN game but if so then I'll stick with WIFI bundle.

[quote name='panasonic']It is my assumption that it is not Sony that is doing the game. The game was free from before this bundle. The *free game was not apart of the bundle BECAUSE the free game offer lasts until MAY 2012 and this launch bundle is only the first shipment. Also in other territories they are getting Wipeout and Hotshots for the 3g offer.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link to the original AT&T offer? I have been unable to find it.

Also has anyone found a video review of the Case from the First Edition Bundle?

[quote name='bdb2m']It's a card with the game on it. Sort of like the DS or 3DS. You have the option to buy games directly off PSN that will download to the memory card which you must purchase separately(or preorder a 3g model). In addition, certain games require the memory card to save data or play, even if they are bought as a physical game. Here is a list that was published a while back, not sure if there are any updates:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/21/report-these-are-the-vita-games-that-require-a-memory-card/[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

For anyone else that has actually played a live unit, did you have any issues with the analog sticks? I went out to the Vita lounge in Miami this afternoon and they were having a Hot Shots Golf Tournament. Played for a little while but each unit that I tried has very, very loose analog sticks. They moved way too fast and too easy.

I was wondering if that was just do to demo unit abuse or if they are really all like that.

HSG does look great though. Will definitely be one of my purchases for the Vita.

[quote name='WilliamG']It's amazing what a mess Sony has made of this whole thing. So out of touch with gamers.[/QUOTE]

Well at least the hardware itself is very well designed, manufactured, and pretty much cutting edge (for now of course). I'm not totally enthralled with the way they've handled this, but I do credit them for what appears to be a very powerful handheld, that should be able to offer fantastic games for years to come. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and pick one up, and see how it works out.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Well at least the hardware itself is very well designed, manufactured, and pretty much cutting edge (for now of course). I'm not totally enthralled with the way they've handled this, but I do credit them for what appears to be a very powerful handheld, that should be able to offer fantastic games for years to come. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and pick one up, and see how it works out.[/QUOTE]

Oh don't get me wrong, - the hardware looks decent. I'm a bit worried that it's all plastic, though, including the screen from what I'm aware. And plastic-coated touch-screens don't tend to last very long in terms of scratches etc. So that will be interesting.... Very surprised it's not glass.

[quote name='WilliamG']Oh don't get me wrong, - the hardware looks decent. I'm a bit worried that it's all plastic, though, including the screen from what I'm aware. And plastic-coated touch-screens don't tend to last very long in terms of scratches etc. So that will be interesting.... Very surprised it's not glass.[/QUOTE]

http://geekrevolt.com/2012/01/28/pr...best-handheld-ever-but-it-needs-a-few-tweaks/

TouchPad Protector/Case Needed – The screen won’t scratch, but the back will. After a month of use I’ve noticed a few scratches on the back touchpad. So you shouldn’t sit it down without putting it in a case.

Sort of interesting.

[quote name='ShadowSx']I will wait for a limited edition version like the PSP had a hundred of.[/QUOTE]

If they want to make it like the PS3 , there will be no real limited editions in the USA.

[quote name='dubleo']If they want to make it like the PS3 , there will be no real limited editions in the USA.[/QUOTE]

MGS4 had one.

[quote name='M3wThr33']MGS4 had one.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about that one. Anyway weren't those prone to the YLOD?

[quote name='FierceDeityLink1']http://geekrevolt.com/2012/01/28/pr...best-handheld-ever-but-it-needs-a-few-tweaks/

Sort of interesting.[/QUOTE]

Nice link/info, thanks! We'll see how the Vita holds up when I get my grubby paws on it in a few weeks. I'm a sucker for a new handheld, despite the nagging feeling it will drop in price quite quickly. I don't see many people spending $250-$300 on a handheld, especially after the PSP... I just don't.

i think i'm going to go with this wifi+3g+8g card bundle. just in case they actually do anything cool with the 3g in the future.

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']I really wish they would add some kind of an incentive to the WiFi models, too. Like I really don't see why they can't just add a necessary memory card into the box. The 3G is completely useless to me because you can't play online games and AT&T service absolutely sucks where I live, so I can't justify spending the extra $50 on this not to mention they don't even tell you what the game choices will be.[/QUOTE]

Because the 3g version tanked hard in japan. They are already selling them at discounts over there. Expect to see them try to push the 3g one hard here so it doesnt have the same issue.

[quote name='bonebreak2000']Because the 3g version tanked hard in japan. They are already selling them at discounts over there. Expect to see them try to push the 3g one hard here so it doesnt have the same issue.[/QUOTE]

I ordered one with the 3G just because, I mean the option is nice to have should I ever need it, but there really was no point in making a 3G model. I can see the point of a 3G iPad or Android tablet as you can actually work on those. But a 3G gaming device, especially with a 20MB download restriction? Surely you jest.

I pre-ordered this a few hours ago...

But I just canceled. Not worth the $300.

If the Vita bombs in the US as hard as in Japan, we will see a price drop pretty soon.

^ I agree, this will be the first system I don't get day one since the PS2..it'll drop by Christmas, thats for sure, but I'm willing to bet the that drop will be ALL support :D

[quote name='token2k6']^ I agree, this will be the first system I don't get day one since the PS2..it'll drop by Christmas, thats for sure, but I'm willing to bet the that drop will be ALL support :D[/QUOTE]

I really don't think it will do bad and if I need to wait more than 6 months for a $50 price than I rather get it at launch.

Are you saying that they will drop all support from the Vita?

[quote name='JG5253']I really don't think it will do bad and if I need to wait more than 6 months for a $50 price than I rather get it at launch.

Are you saying that they will drop all support from the Vita?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he was talking about support for remote play, Psn, ps1 games and such.

[quote name='token2k6']^ I agree, this will be the first system I don't get day one since the PS2..it'll drop by Christmas, thats for sure, but I'm willing to bet the that drop will be ALL support :D[/QUOTE]

You might get a bundle out of it on Black Friday, maybe it'll be 50.00 cheaper by sometime next year, but drop all support? I think that's a stretch.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I'm pretty sure he was talking about support for remote play, Psn, ps1 games and such.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's what he saying since he said he not getting the systtem

[quote name='bdb2m']You might get a bundle out of it on Black Friday, maybe it'll be 50.00 cheaper by sometime next year, but drop all support? I think that's a stretch.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think its ridiculous to think that it will fail so badly to drop all support in within a year.

It's not exactly the same as a console, but look at Sony's recent 3D gaming monitor. It literally went from $500 to $400 to $300 in a little over a month! Once again, that product has some great new tech in it, but they've done virtually nothing to advertise or support those features, so it's bombed pretty hard. I could definitely see something similar happening with the Vita.

I personally haven't seen any hype about it in any of the retail stores around here, nor on TV, and I honestly can't name more than about 5 people who even know about it, and none of those folks plan on getting it (one is a Sony loyalist, to boot).

I would love to have it, because I'm a sucker for getting the newest stuff, and it seems to have some real power, but with a console-level cost, ridiculously expensive proprietary memory, no remote play (as of yet), and no must have games (in my opinion; not really into the Uncharted series), I'm going to hold of on a release date purchase, just like I did with the 3DS (hell, I still don't even have one). I don't want feel burned if it drops within a few months, and I've hardly used the thing, waiting on more games to come out, or more features to go live.

Of course I think it's ridiculous that they would totally drop support for the console in 9 months, but I could definitely see some major price reductions and/or bundling in that time period.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Not sure why people decide to wait almost a year or so just to get a console a bit cheaper or with a free game

my problem is that I LOVE the vita system itself, it's just that there aren't enough games for it that I want to justify my purchase. YET.

Sony stuck to their guns with the PS3 pricing for quite a bit longer than one might have expected, but eventually they had to drop the price. What it got them was 3rd place. Here the worst they can do is 2nd place, so I guess that's something. LOL.

I looked up previous Price Drops on other systems and I doubt there will be one this year. Following what I saw between the PS3 and PSP it won't happen till at least early next year. The best you can hope for is maybe some sort of bundle. I was unsure if I should get it day one or just wait but from the trend I saw from Sony I just decided to stick with my FEB bundle.

[quote name='IamPro']Can I hack it like the PSP?[/QUOTE]

Wrong forum to be asking those questions and it will get you banned.

[quote name='crunchewy']Sony stuck to their guns with the PS3 pricing for quite a bit longer than one might have expected, but eventually they had to drop the price. What it got them was 3rd place. Here the worst they can do is 2nd place, so I guess that's something. LOL.[/QUOTE]
The GameGear could always make a comeback :lol:

[quote name='IamPro']The GameGear could always make a comeback :lol:[/QUOTE]

The Sega Nomad is the best handheld of all time! I regret that I sold mine 5 years ago.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Not sure why people decide to wait almost a year or so just to get a console a bit cheaper or with a free game

Some advice on how I save money on expensive purchases like this. I pre-ordered the Vita FEB a few months ago at Gamestop. This month I've been buying almost every Gamestop gift certificate I can find on Cardpool.com at 10% off. So $50 for pre-order, and then $300 in gift cards which I paid $270 for on Cardpool.com

If you can't play multiplayer or download large files, I don't get why anyone would want to pay so much for a data plan just for the vita. If the only thing you can basically do is shop for small items, the data cost should be covered by Sony just like Amazon does for Kindle.

I'm sure you can switch over to wifi like you can with most mobile phones. Or just download content on a ps3 then transfer with a usb cable to the vita.

Anyways I just caved in and preordered the 3G model with release day shipping.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']The Sega Nomad is the best handheld of all time! I regret that I sold mine 5 years ago.[/QUOTE]

The Sega Nomad was the squirrel's nuts! I loved that system! I need to dig mine out from somewhere...

[quote name='shiftymcneely']The Sega Nomad is the best handheld of all time! I regret that I sold mine 5 years ago.[/QUOTE]

This. I still love mine!

bread's done
Back