Banned
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_lyfzzt

Includes:

PS Vita w/ Wifi + 3G
8GB Memory Card
Dataconnect session pass
1 Playstation Network game

Hello,

We'd like to provide an update for customers who have pre-ordered the "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" handheld console. All customers who pre-order this item before its February 22, 2012 release date will be automatically upgraded to the "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" at no additional charge. The "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" will include an 8GB Memory Card, AT&T DataConnect Session Pass, and Free PlayStation Network Game. More details can be found in this item's product description section here: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle

This upgrade will be extended to all existing "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" pre-orders. Please note that due to limited quantities, we can't guarantee the availability of "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" after the pre-order window has ended.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new handheld console.

- Amazon Video Game Editors

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gepet0']I ordered like last june and release day wasn't an option can I change it somehow?[/QUOTE]

go to your order page for it; theres a link to change shipping speed and it'll be an option.

I'm going to head to my local Gamestop soon to preorder mine. I know on the site it says that they are also doing the launch bundle, but does anyone know if they are doing in the store also and not just online?

[quote name='Vampjoe']I'm going to head to my local Gamestop soon to preorder mine. I know on the site it says that they are also doing the launch bundle, but does anyone know if they are doing in the store also and not just online?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the 3G Launch Bundle is availabe in-store as well.

[quote name='Vampjoe']I'm going to head to my local Gamestop soon to preorder mine. I know on the site it says that they are also doing the launch bundle, but does anyone know if they are doing in the store also and not just online?[/QUOTE]

They are.

[quote name='gepet0']I ordered like last june and release day wasn't an option can I change it somehow?[/QUOTE]

Yes, go to your orders page. For that item it will show "change shipping." You can choose Release Date Delivery from there.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why?

Does Angry Birds compare with Super Mario 3D Land?[/QUOTE]

Why does everyone without an iPad or iPhone think Angry Birds is the only game I the app store.

Yes I would love to have Super Mario 3D land and I'm sure its price is justified but I have a shitload (almost 100) of iOS games and I've paid about $50 total for all of them. Many are versions, some superior, of DS games.

I preordered the 3G/bundle from Amazon, does anyone know if Newegg charges tax. I was thinking of changing my order and are they good about shipping items out. I know Amazon is release day and Newegg is 3 day delivery, Thanks.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Why does everyone without an iPad or iPhone think Angry Birds is the only game I the app store.

Yes I would love to have Super Mario 3D land and I'm sure its price is justified but I have a shitload (almost 100) of iOS games and I've paid about $50 total for all of them. Many are versions, some superior, of DS games.[/QUOTE]

I have both.

Cut The Rope, Infinity Blade, Where's My Water, Tiny Wings, Doodle Jump, 1 Bit Ninja, Bike Baron, Spider-Man: Total Mayhem, Groove Coaster, Paper Monsters, Fruit Ninja, Game Dev Story, Gesundheit!, Kami Retro, League of Evil, Pizza Boy, Monster Mayhem, Pixel Ranger, Super Mega Worm, etc.

I'd take Uncharted: Golden Abyss over all those, and more, combined and I haven't even played Uncharted yet.

iPhone games are distractions, something to do while you're bored at work or taking a shit. There is no comparison between iOs games and the better handheld games.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I have both.

Cut The Rope, Infinity Blade, Where's My Water, Tiny Wings, Doodle Jump, 1 Bit Ninja, Bike Baron, Spider-Man: Total Mayhem, Groove Coaster, Paper Monsters, Fruit Ninja, Game Dev Story, Gesundheit!, Kami Retro, League of Evil, Pizza Boy, Monster Mayhem, Pixel Ranger, Super Mega Worm, etc.

I'd take Uncharted: Golden Abyss over all those, and more, combined and I haven't even played Uncharted yet.

iPhone games are distractions, something to do while you're bored at work or taking a shit. There is no comparison between iOs games and the better handheld games.[/QUOTE]

Phoenix Wright, Ghost Trick, and Plants vs Zombies were all in 1UP's DS top 10 GOTY and are all also on iOS.

I just got a 3DS this week....eh, still thinking about a Vita. But, my iPhone has proven to be loyal. Played GTA3 for the first time and Infinity Blade is awesome. The problem i have? The controls. My hands are too damn big....Even when I had a Galaxy S my hands were too big. You don't realize how big small screens are until you have a dedicated controller built in. That way your fingers aren't taking up half the screen...

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Phoenix Wright, Ghost Trick, and Plants vs Zombies were all in 1UP's DS top 10 GOTY and are all also on iOS.[/QUOTE]

The first two games are basically visual novels and the third is in a genre that actually benefits from touch screens.

Are you saying those games are better experiences or worth more than Wipeout, Modnation Racers, Uncharted, etc.? Please.

These are console quality experiences that they are delivering to you on the Vita. Once again, no comparison.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Phoenix Wright, Ghost Trick, and Plants vs Zombies were all in 1UP's DS top 10 GOTY and are all also on iOS.[/QUOTE]

We're not saying that smartphones lack quality games or that they have zero impact on Nintendo/Sony, they just don't satisfy everyone's tastes as well as dedicated gaming systems do. I've played over a thousand gaming apps in just a year and a half, so I'm burnt out and there is still a clear cut difference between top of the line 3DS games (and likely Vita) up against top of the line iOS games.

I love Infinity Blade (and I love Punch-Out!! where it derives its mechanics) but it's still not enough for me to consider it an outstanding portable game. Also note that you mention Phoenix Wright (most of this series came out on DS several years ago) and Ghost Trick, which are anomalies given their niche genre, and Plants vs Zombies, which was a PC game first and a DS game next to last (only a year ago). Consider that these account for way less than 1% of their respective system's libraries, and you have a flawed argument highlighting exceptions over everything else.

Look at how well the 3DS did during the holiday season to see that a dedicated handheld can still do very well if the software is good enough. Plenty of people look to be getting a Vita just for Uncharted, and only time will tell if the games can keep it going at a successful pace.

I didn't mean to be inflammatory toward dedicated handhelds. I'm very seriously considering a Vita but mostly for PSN type games. I don't have much desire to play Uncharted on a handheld to be honest. A cinematic experience with pretty mediocre gunplay seems like a bad fit for on the go play. I loved all the Uncharted games on PS3 but I'll take a 50" screen and surround sound without having to worry about battery life all day long.

My contention is merely that Nintendo and Sony should look at the success of iOS and find a way to bring similar titles to their digital spaces.

The only reason I'm considering the early launch bundle is because the case looks so much more legit than any of the other cases on sale. I don't care about little deviants, and I'm probably gonna buy the 32gb memory card anyway.

[quote name='prettycrazy']I had the Wifi + Starter kit preordered, but canceled in favor of this.. Now I'm noticing that this version doesn't have RDD. I have prime, but still.. I would rather not have to pay extra since this is also my birthday present (9 days after).[/QUOTE]

This was going to be for my birthday for my self Too but I have to move now so I don't know now :whistle2:(

[quote name='gokuofheaven']Yes, go to your orders page. For that item it will show "change shipping." You can choose Release Date Delivery from there.[/QUOTE]

LOL I went there. The option wasn't there. I called and they couldn't help so I may reorder and cancel.

[quote name='gettinmoney662'] There is no comparison between iOs games and the better handheld games.[/QUOTE]

You're right there's no comparison...but you get ONE $50 game and I'll get FIFTY $1 games.
We'll meet back in a week and see who had more fun.

All those junky games are fine for what they are, something to waste time. But that's exactly what people want with a portable gaming system.

I really want to Vita to succeed and re-define what people expect from portable gaming. But when my crappy phone that's always in my pocket can play all these incredibly cheap but fun and addictive games, well, that's a problem for Sony.

I've got mine pre-ordered already and went out to the Vita club in Miami just to play around a bit. After playing HSG on the Vita I was hooked. I have no problem picking up retail version games for a handheld console.

That being said, I also wouldn't mine if Sony started tossing in some iOS style games for the system as well at cheap prices. Things like MS has done with the WP7 version of some of these games by adding in trophies and such.

[quote name='AoA']You're right there's no comparison...but you get ONE $50 game and I'll get FIFTY $1 games.

All those junky games are fine for what they are, something to waste time. But that's exactly what people want with a portable gaming system.

I really want to Vita to succeed and re-define what people expect from portable gaming. But when my crappy phone that's always in my pocket can play all these incredibly cheap but fun and addictive games, well, that's a problem for Sony.[/QUOTE]

I don't why people keep saying $50 when Uncharted is the only one.

[quote name='JG5253']I don't why people keep saying $50 when Uncharted is the only one.[/QUOTE]

Because it sets a trend for other titles Sony considers AAA worthy. Rest assured it won't be the last time you pay $50 for a Vita game. ;)

And the previous poster is right. I have had more mindless fun with .10-$1 games on my Android tablets like Flight Control. I also hope the Vita succeeds but Sony is trying their hardest to totally fuck up the device just like they did with the PSP Go.

Just paid off my First Edition Bundle at gamestop plus 32GB memory card.

Also got HSG on order at Amazon for $20.98 release day shipping.

[quote name='Raiden8816']Just paid off my First Edition Bundle at gamestop plus 32GB memory card.

Also got HSG on order at Amazon for $20.98 release day shipping.[/QUOTE]

How for HSG? Are you using Credit?

[quote name='AoA']You're right there's no comparison...but you get ONE $50 game and I'll get FIFTY $1 games.

I really want to Vita to succeed and re-define what people expect from portable gaming. But when my crappy phone that's always in my pocket can play all these incredibly cheap but fun and addictive games, well, that's a problem for Sony.[/QUOTE]

I would take that deal without hesitation, any day of the week.

Not that I would actually pay $50 for a Vita game since I'm on CAG and all, but even so, for the sake of the argument.

Just a couple more weeks![quote name='gettinmoney662']The first two games are basically visual novels and the third is in a genre that actually benefits from touch screens.

Are you saying those games are better experiences or worth more than Wipeout, Modnation Racers, Uncharted, etc.? Please.
[/QUOTE]Out of just the games named, very much so.
Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick alone are better than most games out of this generation.

So glad Vita is getting the 999 sequel.

[quote name='dallow']

So glad Vita is getting the 999 sequel.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I should pull the first one out of my backlog then....

[quote name='GizmoGC']1. Sold "well enough" that the handheld had 1-2 games released a month for the past two years in America? Or how much retailers drastically reduced space for the handheld? Or how the Go! was an utter failure? That's not good signs for Vita.
2. No, Sony uses them all the time when they were in last place (PS3, PSP). It's often laughed at.
3. Am I supposed' to'o care'?[/QUOTE]
1. The PSP sold over 60 million units world-wide. What you're talking about is a lack of game sales, which is a result of the PSP's colossal piracy rate. It's why the Vita is such a closed system with a proprietary format for memory storage, a non-removable battery, and some other junk that only serves to restrict people. I'm not sure how the PSP Go is relevant to anything, let alone an indicator for the overall performance of the PSP.
2. As far as I'm aware, everyone uses shipped numbers. If you can point to some recent examples of Sony using warehouse figures as shipped (and not just using shipped as a sales indicator) I'd be more inclined to see your point of view.
3. Only mildly. It wasn't meant to be offensive or anything, it just made it a little annoying to read your post.

[quote name='Raiden8816']Yeah I had credit left over when I ordered Forza 4 from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I just got my Vita for free.

Because I had gift cards. :)

Try and refrain for saying how much you paid for something if includes gift cards/promotional credits. Otherwise people are like OMGWTF how did you get X so cheap?

thinking if i should get ps vita or ipad 3. I have a 3ds and iphone 4, but tried the vita out today at gamestop and its pretty cool. I have like $400 in credit from TRU (google offer deal fiasco, wish i could exchange it to amazon cards but still cant find any around here). It makes me think about selling my limited zelda 3ds system (since i can get more than what i paid for it on ebay now).
i'm just skeptical of ps vita to have good support, fun games down the line.
ipad 3 would be cool but my iphone 4 does most of what i can do and i would probably have to drop $100 + tax for it, instead of ps vita wifi + 8 gb wifi + uncharted + tax and still have some money left over...
i feel like i would have the time for one dedicated portable gaming system, so debating if i should get a vita... hmm...

[quote name='Ionotropic']The only reason I'm considering the early launch bundle is because the case looks so much more legit than any of the other cases on sale. I don't care about little deviants, and I'm probably gonna buy the 32gb memory card anyway.[/QUOTE]

I agree the case looks far superior to any that I have been able to find for it as well. I am not sure that it's worth the extra $50 by itself but with Little Deviants being included I think this is by far the best option. And like you I plan to get 32 Gb card as well so the the only difference in the cards is the $8-$10 more I might be able to get out of reselling it.

[quote name='brernurse']I agree the case looks far superior to any that I have been able to find for it as well. I am not sure that it's worth the extra $50 by itself but with Little Deviants being included I think this is by far the best option. And like you I plan to get 32 Gb card as well so the the only difference in the cards is the $8-$10 more I might be able to get out of reselling it.[/QUOTE]

The case in the 1st edition is by far the best case you can get in the US so far. You might also want to look at importing the Hori Hard Case was able to get one online for $22 shipped so I cancelled my 1st edition order and sticking with wifi and 32GB card.

We are supposed to be Cheap Ass Gamers... and you guys want to buy this system at full price, when deep down inside we know it's going to bomb as hard as in Japan.

The system is going to drop price in this year, I'm pretty sure.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']The system is going to drop price in this year, I'm pretty sure.[/QUOTE]
Like the 3DS, Nintendo Fan? :lol:

[quote name='Vader582']Like the 3DS, Nintendo Fan? :lol:[/QUOTE]

He's probably right, though. I got burned on the 3ds, don't plan on getting burned on the Vita too. Price drop or no buy.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Wait, what? Systems eventually get cheaper? That's ridiculous, I just paid $599 for my PS3 at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do.. but you don't expect them to get alot cheaper within 4 months of release (like the 3DS)

[quote name='cecilvaliant']thinking if i should get ps vita or ipad 3. [/QUOTE]

If your primary goal is to get something for gaming, then I'd say get the Vita because it is the superior device for gaming and it really looks like there are some great games coming out for the Vita. However, for anything other than gaming (such as web browsing) I think the Vita will be a poor performer.

I have to say I really like having an iPad, but that's because I use it for many more things than gaming. Checking email, browsing the web, running a variety of apps, long battery life, large screen, etc. It can do so many more things in a superior way than the Vita.

There are many decent games for the iPad and some PSP/NDS games will translate over to the iPad fairly well, but there is a huge category of games that can't or shouldn't be played on the iPad. Some games were simply designed to played with joysticks and buttons, and simulating these on a touchscreen simply doesn't work well because the touchscreen. However, for gaming I usually go to my PSP/NDS/PS3/360 and only play games on the iPad when I have a few minutes to kill.

Even if you have an iPhone, an iPad is nice to have because the screen is so much larger and many tasks (email, browsing, reading books) is much nicer.

I know this is Cheapassgamer, but I am buying this on day one. I got it for a little off MSRP at Target online with the $20 gift card for pre-ordering and my Target card which gives me 5% off as well as using a gift card at the time of pre-ordering. I just want this system now and dont want to wait a year or two for price drops. Thats the reason I have a good-paying job: I do buy the occasional system or game (like CE ones) at retail price, but 90% of the time I use CAG to get gaming items cheaper. If I want something day one, I will buy it even if its not the cheapest its ever going to be, although I mostly do get items slightly cheaper on release because of this site. The OCCASIONAL full price retail purchase doesn't bother me at all.

[quote name='addicted2games']I know this is Cheapassgamer, but I am buying this on day one. I got it for a little off MSRP at Target online with the $20 gift card for pre-ordering and my Target card which gives me 5% off as well as using a gift card at the time of pre-ordering. I just want this system now and dont want to wait a year or two for price drops. Thats the reason I have a good-paying job: I do buy the occasional system or game (like CE ones) at retail price, but 90% of the time I use CAG to get gaming items cheaper. If I want something day one, I will buy it even if its not the cheapest its ever going to be, although I mostly do get items slightly cheaper on release because of this site. The OCCASIONAL full price retail purchase doesn't bother me at all.[/QUOTE]

Everything about this post was valid except for this.

If the US sales are anything like Japan's, there will likely be at least a $50 price drop (down to $200) within the first 6 months. In all reality though, if someone really wants a vita, it's probably worth paying the extra money.

[quote name='fifthcore']The case in the 1st edition is by far the best case you can get in the US so far. You might also want to look at importing the Hori Hard Case was able to get one online for $22 shipped so I cancelled my 1st edition order and sticking with wifi and 32GB card.[/QUOTE]

You can order the hori hard case on Amazon for $15.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='poker360']Everything about this post was valid except for this.

If the US sales are anything like Japan's, there will likely be at least a $50 price drop (down to $200) within the first 6 months. In all reality though, if someone really wants a vita, it's probably worth paying the extra money.[/QUOTE]

How is it not valid? None of us can 100% guarantee that there will be a big price drop within the 1st year.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']How is it not valid? None of us can 100% guarantee that there will be a big price drop within the 1st year.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, reflecting on Japan sales. Basic economic concept. If people don't buy them, they will be forced to drop price. Japan sales dropped dramatically after the first week or two. If US sales are anything at all like Japans, it will only be a matter of months, not years. Look at the 3DS, it's a great example of what could very well happen to the Vita.

No one can guarantee anything, but we can predict things very well based on some simple economic concepts.

bread's done
Back