Banned
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_lyfzzt

Includes:

PS Vita w/ Wifi + 3G
8GB Memory Card
Dataconnect session pass
1 Playstation Network game

Hello,

We'd like to provide an update for customers who have pre-ordered the "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" handheld console. All customers who pre-order this item before its February 22, 2012 release date will be automatically upgraded to the "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" at no additional charge. The "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" will include an 8GB Memory Card, AT&T DataConnect Session Pass, and Free PlayStation Network Game. More details can be found in this item's product description section here: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle

This upgrade will be extended to all existing "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" pre-orders. Please note that due to limited quantities, we can't guarantee the availability of "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" after the pre-order window has ended.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new handheld console.

- Amazon Video Game Editors

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='poker360']Like I said, reflecting on Japan sales. Basic economic concept. If people don't buy them, they will be forced to drop price. Japan sales dropped dramatically after the first week or two. If US sales are anything at all like Japans, it will only be a matter of months, not years.

No one can guarantee anything, but we can predict things very well based on some simple economic concepts.[/QUOTE]

Did sony drop the price in japan yet or is that just retailers? Is it possible they drop the price in only one region because of exchange rates? Have they ever done that?

If other websites/ stores do anything for vita will that leak in next weeks weekly ads?

[quote name='panasonic']Did sony drop the price in japan yet or is that just retailers? Is it possible they drop the price in only one region because of exchange rates? Have they ever done that?

If other websites/ stores do anything for vita will that leak in next weeks weekly ads?[/QUOTE]

I think it's just some retailers. I don't think Sony officially dropped the MSRP of it in Japan.
I couldn't imagine having a price drop in only one region, but i guess it's possible. Not really sure.

If they do a price drop, it won't be in any ads within the next few weeks. It won't be THAT fast. It would be months. I do suppose specific retailers could have sales or gift cards or something with it after a few weeks or something, but i don't really know that either.

All of this really depends on how well it sells in the US.

One thing we do know is this bundle is an example of something they are already doing pre launch they probably weren't going to do until they realized the 3G version wasn't going to sell well.

[quote name='djricekcn']there's no multimedia or a manger thing on the pc side for vita, at least for jp yet. also, you can't access Vita contents, even on the store (simply doesn't display) on the PC's MediaGO application.[/QUOTE]

you need to install a program called content manager for pc

[quote name='poker360']Like I said, reflecting on Japan sales. Basic economic concept. If people don't buy them, they will be forced to drop price. Japan sales dropped dramatically after the first week or two. If US sales are anything at all like Japans, it will only be a matter of months, not years. Look at the 3DS, it's a great example of what could very well happen to the Vita.

No one can guarantee anything, but we can predict things very well based on some simple economic concepts.[/QUOTE]

Still, his point is perfectly valid. Even in economics, you have the optimistic, neutral, and conservative outcomes. Some of us are optimistic about PSVita's future in the US despite the performance in Japan since most of the games released are gears towards the west.

The 3DS had very few launch titles. Even months later, there were barely any heavier hitters and the biggest were all remakes. PSVita on the other hand has a much stronger line up. There are titles that are new/original that aim to take advantage of the PSVita.

I personally don't think it will be months nor years. I say a special bundle during the holidays/small price drop (possibly around $20-$50). So that is almost a year and to some of us that would not seem like it's worth the wait.

Checked my best buy in chicago tonight for the 3rd time. They finally told me they are setting up their vita demo unit tomorrow, so after I try it out i will finally decide If I want to preorder. i'm expecting to be blown away.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']Still, his point is perfectly valid. Even in economics, you have the optimistic, neutral, and conservative outcomes. Some of us are optimistic about PSVita's future in the US despite the performance in Japan since most of the games released are gears towards the west.

The 3DS had very few launch titles. Even months later, there were barely any heavier hitters and the biggest were all remakes. PSVita on the other hand has a much stronger line up. There are titles that are new/original that aim to take advantage of the PSVita.

I personally don't think it will be months nor years. I say a special bundle during the holidays/small price drop (possibly around $20-$50). So that is almost a year and to some of us that would not seem like it's worth the wait.[/QUOTE]

I mean, yeah.. A few posts up i said.. probably a $50 price drop, which to many isn't that big of a deal, and to those who want it, they will probably get it early.

I would legitimately be surprised, though, if American sales are as bad as Japan sales, that it will take 1 to 2 years to drop the price.

This is coming from someone that has legitimate interest in the device.

Lets not forget the 60gb PS3 dropped to 499 in July '07; 8 months after launch. The 20gb sku was discontinued in April '07; 5 months after launch. Yeah it's not the 4 months the 3ds did, but it was within a year. Given sales in Japan, the fact getting preorder is pretty easy, one could make a case that the vita will drop before Christmas. Even after that I'm still undecided... :whistle2:k

tried out a vita tonight @ gamestop. had uncharted on it. it looks amazing, definitely going to be getting the wifi/3g 8gb bundle.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Let's say it drops $50 in six months, that's less than $10 a month premium to play it now. Big deal.[/QUOTE]

If that drop comes with a bundle that adds a game and a memory card then yes worth it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Let's say it drops $50 in six months, that's less than $10 a month premium to play it now. Big deal.[/QUOTE]

Not a big deal at all if you're hyped to play the Vita. Looks like a good system but the launch games aren't must-plays for me so I can afford to wait.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']If that drop comes with a bundle that adds a game and a memory card then yes worth it.[/QUOTE]

You really think that's going to happen?

Just played the Vita at GameStop and I think Little Deviants is crap. I wanted to switch my preorder to the regular 3G but it's in the shipping process already. Oh well. Maybe the TiV will be decent for the game and I can just use it as credit towards something that doesn't suck.

How much does Amazon usually reimburse if they miss release date delivery? I just placed my pre-order for the FEB, hopefully they fuck up by a day or two, haha.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']How much does Amazon usually reimburse if they miss release date delivery? I just placed my pre-order for the FEB, hopefully they fuck up by a day or two, haha.[/QUOTE]

Usually the price of shipping(free if you have prime) + $5 gift certificate for future purchase. And only if it's their fault or the shipper's fault. If you miss the delivery, that's your fault.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You really think that's going to happen?[/QUOTE]

It already has with the 3G version (they "added" in $55 bucks of value aka shit its not selling well), so yes I do think it will. Even if Sony dosent do it I think you will see gift card etc much like everyone did with the 3ds. Again I'm torn I keep hoping Amazon will announce a deal like they did with the 3DS launch, but if they don't then I think I will cancel and hold out. Honestly I would love a Final Fantasy X bundle when that comes out.

I am going to decide tonight if I want to cancel my first edition bundle considering you can't play multiplayer games over 3g and to download a game over 20mb you have to be connected to wifi. I have seen mutliple people saying Little Deviants is crap, the 4gb mem card is practically useless,the case is cool but like the Hori hard case design more. The only benefit at this point is that I get the vita a week early however, it's starting to feel more like a $100 penalty for adopting the vita early...A $100 penalty I could put towards 2-3 games.

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']I am going to decide tonight if I want to cancel my first edition bundle considering you can't play multiplayer games over 3g and to download a game over 20mb you have to be connected to wifi. I have seen mutliple people saying Little Deviants is crap, the 4gb mem card is practically useless,the case is cool but like the Hori hard case design more. The only benefit at this point is that I get the vita a week early however, it's starting to feel more like a $100 penalty for adopting the vita early...A $100 penalty I could put towards 2-3 games.[/QUOTE]

You can definitely play games multiplayer over 3G

[quote name='62t']You can definitely play games multiplayer over 3G[/QUOTE]

Not exactly, Sony clarified this. Too much latency and techno jargon.
Maybe some games though.

[quote name='62t']You can definitely play games multiplayer over 3G[/QUOTE]

Limited support, don't mislead people like that.

Finally got my hands on a Vita today at my local Gamestop. I have literally not set foot there in years but I heard they had a demo PSV setup so I made the trip. Let's just say I wish tomorrow was 2/22 :D.

It was jam packed with demos, too. I only played Uncharted and Gravity rush. I wasted too much time inspecting the hardware. Build quality is what you would expect from sony, rock solid. The device is really thin. I thought it looked fatty in the pics. The back touch panel is super glossy and probably scratch-able too. The buttons are on the small side for folks with larger hands. It was obvious Sony made some concessions to fit the beautiful ginormous screen. I also found the UI and menus to be quite snappy.

The two games I played sold me on the system alone. I'm heading back tomorrow to try some other demos and decide which of the games I actually want to buy (from Amazon of course :lol:).

I recommend anyone sitting on the fence to go and test the system out before judging it. I really hope it succeeds here and in Japan so we can get many years of awesome software.

I dropped by my local Gamestop today on my way to the supermarket; sadly, it hasn't received its demo Vita yet. Hopefully it'll have one by next Friday. The games I'm most excited for are Modnation and Ultimate MvC3. Anybody know if those demos are on the Gamestop Vitas?

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']I dropped by my local Gamestop today on my way to the supermarket; sadly, it hasn't received its demo Vita yet. Hopefully it'll have one by next Friday. The games I'm most excited for are Modnation and Ultimate MvC3. Anybody know if those demos are on the Gamestop Vitas?[/QUOTE]

I might have forgotten some, but here is what I saw:

-Uncharted
-Gravity Rush
-Fifa Soccer
-Wipeout 2048
-Little Deviants
-Hot Shots Golf
-Mod Nation
-Virtua Tennis 4
-Escape Plan

All that and I only played 2 :cry:

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']The games I'm most excited for are Modnation and Ultimate MvC3. Anybody know if those demos are on the Gamestop Vitas?[/QUOTE]

The retailer has announced that it now has demo units at over 3,300 of it's locations, allowing customers to try out several games, including Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Little Deviants, Modnation Racers: Road Trip, WipeOut: 2048 and more.

Their is some good info on Modnation Racers: RT on the latest episode of On the spot.

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/

[quote name='62t']While not every game is supported, some games like UMVC3 can be play on 3G[/QUOTE]

Not that I don't believe you but, I have been searching the internet high and low to find info on this, do you know an official source for this? Only thing I seem to find is either people say it's possible with no source or people saying the only 3g games are turn based multiplayer games like Hot Shots Golf.

[quote name='sainrub']Their is some good info on Modnation Racers: RT on the latest episode of On the spot.

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that live the other day- it was awesome!

I really, really hope the developers of Modnation patch in online head-to-head racing like they say they intend to. I'm already going to buy it at launch, but that patch would really mean a lot.

[quote name='62t']While not every game is supported, some games like UMVC3 can be play on 3G[/QUOTE]

umvc3 would be horrible on 3g.

This may be a dumb question but are we going to be able to get 2 free games from AT&T? Originally, we could buy a month of 3G and get a free game. Now we get the free game and a free month. Does this mean I can pay for my second month and get another free game? Or did the new offer replace the old one?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']This may be a dumb question but are we going to be able to get 2 free games from AT&T? Originally, we could buy a month of 3G and get a free game. Now we get the free game and a free month. Does this mean I can pay for my second month and get another free game? Or did the new offer replace the old one?[/QUOTE]

It is just 1 free game. It seems like you have to pay for the first month too and you get the second month free.

[quote name='panasonic']It is just 1 free game. It seems like you have to pay for the first month too and you get the second month free.[/QUOTE]

Really? That seems extra disappointing.

so is this amazon 3g deal the best deal going now? I really don't care about the dataconnect session, but it still seems like a good deal.

[quote name='M_A_C']so is this amazon 3g deal the best deal going now? I really don't care about the dataconnect session, but it still seems like a good deal.[/QUOTE]

no, this is the normal package every retailer has at launch. The only actual deal that I know of is a 20 gc with preorder at target

[quote name='M_A_C']so is this amazon 3g deal the best deal going now? I really don't care about the dataconnect session, but it still seems like a good deal.[/QUOTE]
Not really. The 3G Bundle is only a good deal if you want the 3G, a 8GB card, and the free game they are throwing in. If you had no intent to use 3G, let alone pay for at least a month, it is not a better deal:
Wifi Vita - $250
8GB Stick - $30
SEN Game - $10
Total - $290
So you save $10 by getting everything separate and ditching the 3G. With the 3G bundle you need to pay for 1 month of 3G service ($15) to get the free game, so it's actually more like you're saving $25.

So again, only get the 3G bundle if you really want and intend to use the 3G. Otherwise you're better off going for the WiFi version.

[quote name='Braxis']well amazon is tax-free so yes its best deal if you arent tax for your state[/QUOTE]

amazon is not tax free if you live in a state with sales tax, your are supposed to report your internet purchases and pay taxes on them in April.

Depends. If you want 3G or at least feel better with the option there (plus having the GPS built in), then the launch bundle isn't a bad deal. After they run out of the bundle/April, it will be back to $300 for the 3G model.

Personally I am getting the 3G model because paying $10 for the option (and built in GPS) is worth that peace in mind.

But if you couldn't careless about 3G/built in GPS, then no. It's not a good deal at all.

[quote name='caltab']amazon is not tax free if you live in a state with sales tax, your are supposed to report your internet purchases and pay taxes on them in April.[/QUOTE]

I preorder mine through Newegg to avoid tax.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']I preorder mine through Newegg to avoid tax.[/QUOTE]

makes no difference, still not tax free. just because the seller doesn't collect them doesn't mean they arent due if you live in a state with sales tax. State's are getting increasingly desperate for revenue, and are starting to go after internet tax revenue. I know a few states now specifically have a line on the returns asking about internet purchases. If you dont fill that out properly, that could possibly be considered tax evasion.

[quote name='caltab']makes no difference, still not tax free. just because the seller doesn't collect them doesn't mean they arent due if you live in a state with sales tax.[/QUOTE]

It's called the Use Tax. It's 6.6% here in Arizona. This year was the first time I've seen it actually on the income tax form.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']It's called the Use Tax. It's 6.6% here in Arizona. This year was the first time I've seen it actually on the income tax form.[/QUOTE]

ya I know its new in AZ, if you leave that line blank, you are opening yourself up to an audit, especially since it is new and they may want to make a point. I think some other states have also added a line for a use tax for out of state and internet purchases.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Not really. The 3G Bundle is only a good deal if you want the 3G, a 8GB card, and the free game they are throwing in. If you had no intent to use 3G, let alone pay for at least a month, it is not a better deal:
Wifi Vita - $250
8GB Stick - $30
SEN Game - $10
Total - $290
So you save $10 by getting everything separate and ditching the 3G. With the 3G bundle you need to pay for 1 month of 3G service ($15) to get the free game, so it's actually more like you're saving $25.

So again, only get the 3G bundle if you really want and intend to use the 3G. Otherwise you're better off going for the WiFi version.[/QUOTE]

That seems like a better route. Is the GPS going to do anything that the wifi version can't? GPS seems like the only thing I would miss if it had a use.

[quote name='caltab']makes no difference, still not tax free. just because the seller doesn't collect them doesn't mean they arent due if you live in a state with sales tax. State's are getting increasingly desperate for revenue, and are starting to go after internet tax revenue. I know a few states now specifically have a line on the returns asking about internet purchases. If you dont fill that out properly, that could possibly be considered tax evasion.[/QUOTE]

You're not supposed to jay walk either.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']I preorder mine through Newegg to avoid tax.[/QUOTE]
I also preordered mine thru Newegg to avoid tax. I hope they ship timely..

Not that this topic has anything to do with taxes. But as long as you don't have a schedule C, I don't see how they can enforce the Use Tax rule. How exactly will they prove you made purchases for out of state items? You think Amazon will furnish a list of your transactions to the State? Only people I see getting hit with this is those claiming business expenses on schedule C. When audited they would ask for receipts on these, and THEN if they really wanted to they could ask to look at where the items are purchased.

Anyways in CA, FTB don't really audit all that much, they work off of IRS records. And IRS isnt going to check for state tax issues.

Yeah at least that's my take on it.

bread's done
Back