Banned
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_lyfzzt

Includes:

PS Vita w/ Wifi + 3G
8GB Memory Card
Dataconnect session pass
1 Playstation Network game

Hello,

We'd like to provide an update for customers who have pre-ordered the "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" handheld console. All customers who pre-order this item before its February 22, 2012 release date will be automatically upgraded to the "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" at no additional charge. The "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" will include an 8GB Memory Card, AT&T DataConnect Session Pass, and Free PlayStation Network Game. More details can be found in this item's product description section here: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle

This upgrade will be extended to all existing "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" pre-orders. Please note that due to limited quantities, we can't guarantee the availability of "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" after the pre-order window has ended.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new handheld console.

- Amazon Video Game Editors

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya, a memory card or game shouldn't have any problems, but I'd be worried about buying a launch hand held from a place that is not easy to return too. I've had to exchange a few handhelds in years passed for defects. Haven't read about any problems from the japanese vita's, but I still wouldn't chance it myself.

[quote name='ral1121']I dont event think there is a return policy[/QUOTE]

homer-simpson-doh.jpg

[quote name='tightclaws']Yeah after reading the return so called policy, I'm glad I did not buy the hardware there.[/QUOTE]

Hmm? Why? It looks standard, if a bit weak with the paying own shipping and whatnot.

[quote name='tightclaws']Yeah after reading the return so called policy, I'm glad I did not buy the hardware there.[/QUOTE]

14 days is plenty of time. Amazon only does 30 days but they arrange for pickup and pay for shipping.

Amazon will ship you out a replacement immediately if it's defective and will also pay for return shipping. With a place like lockerz, who knows if they will even have any stock to exchange.

The factory is in nj for lockerz so it took 2 days to ship my memory card. I preordered at gamestop because I want the feeling of going to the store, taking out wallet, and physically dishing out 12 20$ bills for the vita. Makes me appreciate it more

[quote name='caltab']Amazon will ship you out a replacement immediately if it's defective and will also pay for return shipping. With a place like lockerz, who knows if they will even have any stock to exchange.[/QUOTE]

...That isn't always the case at all...

And didn't you not know what Lockerz was until today? Kinda too quick to be throwing out the disreputable retailer thing when there hasn't been any reported issues with Lockerz orders from here, or anywhere, really.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

let's talk games.

What's everyone getting? Uncharted seems like a must have. I'm on the fence about Hot Shots golf, I shouldn't be, but I can't pull the trigger. Nothing else stands out to me at the moment except Lumines? I mean Lumines is the whole reason and the ONLY game I ever bought for my PSP. (Didn't really dig the PSP)

I wasn't saying they were disreputable at all, I don't think they are in the slightest. My concern isn't with them, it's with a launch day handheld and the possibility of defects. I want to be able to quickly and easily exchange it if I have a problem, I know Amazon will be able to do that. Lockerz doesn't have the inventory or return policy of amazon, few do.

I probably will be picking up Fifa to go along with my Uncharted pre-order. It looks fantastic and doesn't look like they rushed it out as a launch title. Time will tell.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']Couldn't you return it to Sony and get it replaced if its a hardware problem.[/QUOTE]

Yes that's what would happen unless you buy a Squaretrade extended warranty. I've had pretty good luck with Sony launch hardware over the years.

[quote name='Rodster']Yes that's what would happen unless you buy a Squaretrade extended warranty. I've had pretty good luck with Sony launch hardware over the years.[/QUOTE]

My launch Psp had a bunch of dead pixels, had to exchange it twice to get a good one.

Also, the Japan didn't really go smoothly since many people reported problems with their Vitas............

Lets see if Sony took care of that problem for the US release....

[quote name='ral1121']Also, the Japan didn't really go smoothly since many people reported problems with their Vitas............

Lets see if Sony took care of that problem for the US release....[/QUOTE]

Can't tell I you are joking or being serious, i haven't read about any problems other than dismal sales.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']Couldn't you return it to Sony and get it replaced if its a hardware problem.[/QUOTE]

Yea, but even then, Amazon's return policy is much easier and a better route to go if available. But as someone said earlier, I'm not trying to say Lockerz is a bad place or anything. It's a really great deal if you can wait the extra few days to get your Vita. But very few companies can match amazon's support if there are problems.

As for games, I'm getting Uncharted and Escape Plan at launch. Hoping Super Stardust is the free game we get. Then 2 weeks after launch I'll pickup MLB The Show 12.

I'm on the fence with Hot Shots Golf. I'd get it through PSN if it was $30 for sure, because I only want to have 1 physical game at a time (uncharted for now). But it's $36 on PSN compared to $30 from Amazon so I may wait on it a bit. Until I finish Uncharted or the price drops on PSN.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']there were some technical problems[/QUOTE]

There were some problems with the Japan launch but IIRC they were fixed with a firmware update.

I read that the screen they use makes it very unlikely to get dead pixels, hope that's the case cause I can't stand them on an expensive tiny device.

[quote name='Smashbro29']Anyone but me thinking we might be able to get Amazon to pricematch what lockerz offers? I'm not entirely sure how that whole thing works.[/QUOTE]

There's no way amazon will pricematch lockerz.

[quote name='Smashbro29']Anyone but me thinking we might be able to get Amazon to pricematch what lockerz offers? I'm not entirely sure how that whole thing works.[/QUOTE]

NEVER!!!

What I'm doing is waiting for a 50 dollar gift card to be offered by Amazon down the road for the Wi-Fi model.

Probably after E3 is when I might pick one up. Llets see how the US sales go and also see what the publishers have in mind for the Vita.

That 240 deal is teasing me, so who knows if i might pick one up now.

[quote name='caltab']I read that the screen they use makes it very unlikely to get dead pixels, hope that's the case cause I can't stand them on an expensive tiny device.[/QUOTE]

I read and forgot where that mentioned the screen is one of the more expensive pieces of the Vita.

Alright so just to get an idea of how long you'd wait:

They ship it out within 24 hours of launch day
They use the slowest possible method from USPS
They're in NJ.

Any other facts?

[quote name='Smashbro29']Alright so just to get an idea of how long you'd wait:

They're in NJ.

Any other facts?[/QUOTE]

Questionable Return Policy?

[quote name='Smashbro29']Alright so just to get an idea of how long you'd wait:

They're in NJ.

Any other facts?[/QUOTE]

For me none of the above phases me since I wasn't planning on getting one until the Lockerz deal became known. :lol:

[quote name='Rodster']For me none of the above phases me since I wasn't planning on getting one until the Lockerz deal became known. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I'd be in no rush to get a Vita but that deal is sweet. I may ordering as well later.

[quote name='Maynard']let's talk games.

What's everyone getting?[/QUOTE]

Uncharted, Lumines, Wipeout, and Katamari. I'm also thinking about Ninja Gaiden. As for the PSN releases, I'm planning on Super Stardust, Escape Plan, and Plants Vs. Zombies.

As a trophy dork, I'm kinda upset that Lumines and Katamari are only getting roughly a dozen trophies and no platinum even though they are full retail products. I was really hoping to have a full set of trophies for Lumines.

I'm just getting Uncharted to start, nothing else looks that great. There seems to be like 5 different racing games coming out, which I have no interest in.

[quote name='trent82']Uncharted, Lumines, Wipeout, and Katamari. I'm also thinking about Ninja Gaiden. As for the PSN releases, I'm planning on Super Stardust, Escape Plan, and Plants Vs. Zombies.

As a trophy dork, I'm kinda upset that Lumines and Katamari are only getting roughly a dozen trophies and no platinum even though they are full retail products. I was really hoping to have a full set of trophies for Lumines.[/QUOTE]

James mielke from Q Entertainment told me Lumines does have a Platinum trophy. He told me on Twitter.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I hope he's right, but everything is pointing to him being wrong.[/QUOTE]

This tweet of his from a few hours ago definitely doesn't help...

"Anyone who bases a game purchase on the number of trophies a game does or does not have really needs to go play in traffic."

[quote name='trent82']This tweet of his from a few hours ago definitely doesn't help...

"Anyone who bases a game purchase on the number of trophies a game does or does not have really needs to go play in traffic."[/QUOTE]

Shame pissing him off isn't a trophy >

[quote name='trent82']This tweet of his from a few hours ago definitely doesn't help...

"Anyone who bases a game purchase on the number of trophies a game does or does not have really needs to go play in traffic."[/QUOTE]

Whoops.

Amazon shipped some of my stuff while I wasn't looking :lol:.

-HSG
-Wipeout 2048
-screen protectors

.....fun browsing through a year of orders to find shipped stuff.

I ordered from Lockerz F1 2012 and Uncharted. I'll probably get HSG and Wipeout. Stay away from Ridge Racer. Word is the game comes with a few tracks and you have to buy the rest of the stuff as DLC.

[quote name='Maynard']SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

let's talk games.

What's everyone getting? Uncharted seems like a must have. I'm on the fence about Hot Shots golf, I shouldn't be, but I can't pull the trigger. Nothing else stands out to me at the moment except Lumines? I mean Lumines is the whole reason and the ONLY game I ever bought for my PSP. (Didn't really dig the PSP)[/QUOTE]

Hot Shots. Probably getting uncharted and lumines when the prices are a bit more manageable. And I got in on that first edition vita for $299 from BBY, so I guess I have little deviants too.

bread's done
Back