Banned
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_lyfzzt

Includes:

PS Vita w/ Wifi + 3G
8GB Memory Card
Dataconnect session pass
1 Playstation Network game

Hello,

We'd like to provide an update for customers who have pre-ordered the "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" handheld console. All customers who pre-order this item before its February 22, 2012 release date will be automatically upgraded to the "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" at no additional charge. The "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" will include an 8GB Memory Card, AT&T DataConnect Session Pass, and Free PlayStation Network Game. More details can be found in this item's product description section here: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle

This upgrade will be extended to all existing "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" pre-orders. Please note that due to limited quantities, we can't guarantee the availability of "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" after the pre-order window has ended.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new handheld console.

- Amazon Video Game Editors

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bioterror']I don't have a credit card, so does that mean I won't be able to activate my 3G data plan?[/QUOTE]

I would imagine that the odds are very high they'll have some sort of prepaid card you can buy, possibly just using the same ones they have for prepaid phones. One would have thought AT&T might
have already announced this sort of info. While targeted at adults, it is definitely going to be used by some younger folks who won't be able to use CCs to make payments.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']Exactly. The shady marketing is crap.[/QUOTE]

It's not shady marketing, you dumb fucks. You are paying for a month of 3G and then getting another month and a game for free. It ends up being the same price as the DLC bundle for Super Stardust but if you were to just buy that, then you would not get the two months of 3G. You're paying for the 3G, not the game.

Furthermore, the Vita isn't even early released yet. If you decided to be a dumbass and buy a downloadable game for it when you knew ahead of time that a free downloadable game would be offered, then that's on you.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It's not shady marketing, you dumb fucks. You are paying for a month of 3G and then getting another month and a game for free. It ends up being the same price as the DLC bundle for Super Stardust but if you were to just buy that, then you would not get the two months of 3G. You're paying for the 3G, not the game.

Furthermore, the Vita isn't even early released yet. If you decided to be a dumbass and buy a downloadable game for it when you knew ahead of time that a free downloadable game would be offered, then that's on you.[/QUOTE]

Read the fine print on Amazon's product listing, Mensa. According to it, you have to wait thirty days from the activation of your 3G plan to receive your free game voucher. And the Playstation Blog guys made no mention of this when they discussed the free game today. So yeah, it is shady marketing, because there's a difference between getting the game today and waiting thirty days to get it.

Let me lay down an example for you(try to keep up): If the promotion were instead "Buy a Vita, get a free game in-store", but you actually had to wait a month to pick up your game, then yeah, that's some shady-ass marketing.

[quote name='plus1zero']No RDD, no incentive, nothing. What is going on with az on the FEB buyers? I won't get mine till Friday at this point. If it doesn't change I'll probably just wait 4 more days and get a 3G launch bundle[/QUOTE]

My 3G launch bundle also didnt have RDD until I canceled it and made a new order. However it'll be too late to do that for the FEB.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']If it turns out that a game one of them bought is the free game, they have good reason to be mad. Sony is being too secretive and shady about all the fine print, and as consumers they have a right to know what they are paying for/what is included in their purchase.

This is akin to Sony putting Super Stardust Delta on the PSN store last week and then waiting until today to announce the DLC bundle- another dickish move.

I am excited for the Vita and will be getting one, but I really disagree with many of Sony's recent marketing decisions.[/QUOTE]

What is so shady? It's obvious the store isn't fully ready nor is the PSVita officially out in the US. If someone chooses to buy the game ahead of time instead of waiting until the PSVita is out, then who's fault is that? Certainly not Sony.

I'm not buying anything from the PSN Store for the PSVita until the system is out for US. I'm not even activating my Online Pass for HSG until I have the system in my hand and everything settle down.

Also, I thought it was pretty clear from the start you had to buy the first month of Data to get the second month free. The game is free, the 1 month of data is free, just the first month to get everything isn't.

[quote name='darkjedi187']how is everyone getting the Hori stuff, is it from Amazon?[/QUOTE]
I bought/shipped from Amazon....the same price as PlayAsia (maybe a dollar more) but my total was ~$34 and I used my trial prime membership to get free 2 day shipping.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']Read the fine print on Amazon's product listing, Mensa. According to it, you have to wait thirty days from the activation of your 3G plan to receive your free game voucher. And the Playstation Blog guys made no mention of this when they discussed the free game today. So yeah, it is shady marketing, because there's a difference between getting the game today and waiting thirty days to get it.

Let me lay down an example for you(try to keep up): If the promotion were instead "Buy a Vita, get a free game in-store", but you actually had to wait a month to pick up your game, then yeah, that's some shady-ass marketing.[/QUOTE]

Yes, read the fine print that is readily available to be read.

Can't decide whether I want the 3G Vita or the wi-fi only Vita. This bundle is really tempting though- especially now that Super Stardust has been confirmed as the free game (though you do have to wait for it).

[quote name='Tygamr']Can't decide whether I want the 3G Vita or the wi-fi only Vita. This bundle is really tempting though- especially now that Super Stardust has been confirmed as the free game (though you do have to wait for it).[/QUOTE]

You still basically buy Super Stardust wih the 3g, so its not really something to tempt you.

For those that bought SSD early. Saw this at gaf:

Bought SS Delta a few days back and found out about the data plan redeem game being SSD and the expansion. I call Sony up to take care of it and within minutes the rep gets on the ball and then says it can happen but it may take a week. Then after that he just told me to hold and basically ran upstairs to the department that handles that stuff and they refunded me for SSD and took it off my list within about 20 minutes of the call starting. They also helped me update my email which I could never do right on the SEN site.

Ok I have not read through all 46 pages but if I already have the first edition pre ordered am I automatically getting a 8gb card and star dust for free? If not I am gonna call them and complain. That is bs.

[quote name='ebogart']Ok I have not read through all 46 pages but if I already have the first edition pre ordered am I automatically getting a 8gb card and star dust for free? If not I am gonna call them and complain. That is bs.[/QUOTE]

If you have the FEB pre-ordered why do you think you're going to get an 8GB card and Super StarDust for free? What are you going to complain about?

[quote name='ebogart']Ok I have not read through all 46 pages but if I already have the first edition pre ordered am I automatically getting a 8gb card and star dust for free? If not I am gonna call them and complain. That is bs.[/QUOTE]

Who are you going to complain to? It would have to be Sony since they're the people who make these bundles. Give them a call and let them know you're mad about only getting a 4GB card with your FEB, despite the fact its been well known to be the way for over a month now. Once you get off the phone with Sony, please post back here and tell us how.long they laughed at you.

[quote name='omyard']If you have the FEB pre-ordered why do you think you're going to get an 8GB card and Super StarDust for free? What are you going to complain about?[/QUOTE]

All the 3g bundles are being upgraded to a 8gb card plus screen protector for 50 dollars cheaper. What is costing me 50 dollars more little deviants? thats only 30 and only a 4gb card.

[quote name='ebogart']ALl the 3g bundles are being upgraded to the first edition and 8gb card plus screen protector for 50 dollars cheaper.[/QUOTE]

No they're not.

[quote name='ebogart']ALl the 3g bundles are being upgraded to the first edition and 8gb card plus screen protector for 50 dollars cheaper.[/QUOTE]

they're not getting upgraded to the FEB, they just get 8gb and free game. They don't get case and little deviants and don't get it a week early.

[quote name='ebogart']All the 3g bundles are being upgraded to a 8gb card plus screen protector for 50 dollars cheaper. What is costing me 50 dollars more little deviants? thats only 30 and only a 4gb card.[/QUOTE]

yeah cause it doesn't come with a case or anything :roll:

[quote name='admiralvic']You still basically buy Super Stardust wih the 3g, so its not really something to tempt you.[/QUOTE]

I know. But you get that money back with the free month. Kind of want to get the 3G just in case- but at the same time, eh. I don't really want the 8GB card though, because I'll probably get a 32GB (I want to go all digital, but I'm only 90% sure of it). Really just dunno what I want to do.

Just giving my thoughts. I'm not buying a Vita at launch, but I'm sure I'll buy one down the line, flop or not, price drop or not, redesign or not.

I was thinking though. I don't think it's worth it at all to go all digital on the Vita.

Physical space savings? Not much, because those carts are tiny. You can easily fit 10 carts in a small space if you're travelling.

Cost savings? Let's just say each game is 1GB compressed, and $30 retail, and you save 10% per game you buy digital. After buying 28 games and a 32GB card, you'll only be saving $4 over someone buying retail copies and a 4GB card. This is all assuming retail.

On top of which, you probably won't get clearanced games, B2G1 games, used games, etc. You also can't resell a game, obviously.

Speed savings? It's (known? rumored?) that the digital versions are more compressed, so it takes longer to load.

Just a thought.

[quote name='elessar123']Just giving my thoughts. I'm not buying a Vita at launch, but I'm sure I'll buy one down the line, flop or not, price drop or not, redesign or not.

I was thinking though. I don't think it's worth it at all to go all digital on the Vita.

Physical space savings? Not much, because those carts are tiny. You can easily fit 10 carts in a small space if you're travelling.

Cost savings? Let's just say each game is 1GB compressed, and $30 retail, and you save 10% per game you buy digital. After buying 28 games and a 32GB card, you'll only be saving $4 over someone buying retail copies and a 4GB card. This is all assuming retail.

On top of which, you probably won't get clearanced games, B2G1 games, used games, etc. You also can't resell a game, obviously.

Speed savings? It's (known? rumored?) that the digital versions are more compressed, so it takes longer to load.

Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

It's how I feel about Digital vs. Physical. I just got my copy of HSG today and it's tiny. So small, it's quite easy to fit in my wallet and forget about. Also, HSG online is $30 vs $35 for digital. I also get a nice adorable case with the game.

I do miss manuals. All that's inside the case is the online pass and the cartridge.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']It's how I feel about Digital vs. Physical. I just got my copy of HSG today and it's tiny. So small, it's quite easy to fit in my wallet and forget about. Also, HSG online is $30 vs $35 for digital. I also get a nice adorable case with the game.

I do miss manuals. All that's inside the case is the online pass and the cartridge.[/QUOTE]

Why would space matter with a Tardis?

Just thought of something, I wonder if buying digital would ensure backward compatibility on the PSP3.

Too late for me though, I already got my games from Amazon.

[quote name='ebogart']All the 3g bundles are being upgraded to a 8gb card plus screen protector for 50 dollars cheaper. What is costing me 50 dollars more little deviants? thats only 30 and only a 4gb card.[/QUOTE]

Then why dont you cancel and get the 3g launch bundle instead? :drool:

Upgraded to the 3G bundle. I was already planning on buying a 8 GB card and I've been eying up Super Stardust for a while on the PS3 so this deal just became perfect for me. Toss in the screen protectors and it's just even better. Quick question that's probably already been answered in the thread... I don't need to pay for the 3G to get SSD for free right? I can just need to activate the free month pass they provide?

[quote name='abhinav']Upgraded to the 3G bundle. I was already planning on buying a 8 GB card and I've been eying up Super Stardust for a while on the PS3 so this deal just became perfect for me. Toss in the screen protectors and it's just even better. Quick question that's probably already been answered in the thread... I don't need to pay for the 3G to get SSD for free right? I can just need to activate the free month pass they provide?[/QUOTE]

In order to get the 1 free month you have to pay for 1 month. If you choose the $15, 250mb plan then you're spending the same SSD + DLC and you get to try out the 3G for 2 months.

[quote name='omyard']In order to get the 1 free month you have to pay for 1 month. If you choose the $15, 250mb plan then you're spending the same SSD + DLC and you get to try out the 3G for 2 months.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks... Hmm I might wait a bit before activating the 3G then. Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.

[quote name='Wario64']Welp, looks like Lumines doesn't have a platinum trophy, heard on Giantbomb that it has limited trophies akin to a PSN downloadable game. lol, wonder why they said there was a platinum on PS Blog....whoops.[/QUOTE]
I believe Mielke from Q was the one who said it had a platinum. Something fishy's going on.

[quote name='pete5883']I believe Mielke from Q was the one who said it had a platinum. Something fishy's going on.[/QUOTE]
Another tweet of his from 14 hours ago:
"it says yes on PS blog cuz I said yes. Yes, there's a Platinum Trophy. It's hidden."

At this point, I'm convinced that he is just screwing with people.

[quote name='trent82']Another tweet of his from 14 hours ago:
"it says yes on PS blog cuz I said yes. Yes, there's a Platinum Trophy. It's hidden."

At this point, I'm convinced that he is just screwing with people.[/QUOTE]

I suppose it's possible for a platinum trophy to be hidden....wasn't that the case in Arkham Asylum?

[quote name='trent82']Another tweet of his from 14 hours ago:

At this point, I'm convinced that he is just screwing with people.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the reply I got right after I posted that post. I don't think I ever seen a hidden *hidden* trophy like that though...

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']I suppose it's possible for a platinum trophy to be hidden....wasn't that the case in Arkham Asylum?[/QUOTE]

In that game, the platinum trophy still shows up on the list as a hidden trophy. This is not the case with Lumines. There are 13 trophies and none of them are hidden.

[quote name='trent82']In that game, the platinum trophy still shows up on the list as a hidden trophy. This is not the case with Lumines. There are 13 trophies and none of them are hidden.[/QUOTE]

In addition, it only has one gold trophy, putting it on the same level as a PSN/SEN game. Or Kung Fu Rider.

If it had mostly gold trophies (ala Last Rebellion), I could see that being feasible.

[quote name='Byakurai']In addition, it only has one gold trophy, putting it on the same level as a PSN/SEN game. Or Kung Fu Rider.

If it had mostly gold trophies (ala Last Rebellion), I could see that being feasible.[/QUOTE]

Well every game has a point system similar to Xbox, but the trophies form the points. In other words the type of trophies don't equal enough to be platinum tiering.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Would anybody be interested in Little Deviants and the 4gig memory card for $45 ( shipping included)?[/QUOTE]

I might bite on $40.

bread's done
Back