Banned
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_lyfzzt

Includes:

PS Vita w/ Wifi + 3G
8GB Memory Card
Dataconnect session pass
1 Playstation Network game

Hello,

We'd like to provide an update for customers who have pre-ordered the "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" handheld console. All customers who pre-order this item before its February 22, 2012 release date will be automatically upgraded to the "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" at no additional charge. The "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" will include an 8GB Memory Card, AT&T DataConnect Session Pass, and Free PlayStation Network Game. More details can be found in this item's product description section here: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle

This upgrade will be extended to all existing "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" pre-orders. Please note that due to limited quantities, we can't guarantee the availability of "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" after the pre-order window has ended.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new handheld console.

- Amazon Video Game Editors

Last edited by a moderator:
So does the preorder 3g launch bundle still come with another different psn game or is the box referring to the one with the 3g pass? if it's the 3g pass one, then really the only unique thing included in the launch bundle is the 8gb card which is pretty lame (seeing as it got so many people to swap from the wifi version)

so I just went ahead and bought the FEB. Couldn't be happier... my psp games work and the saves all came too. The graphics are better than I expected and my expectations were high and it is huge. I have big hands and this things is best described as a psp XL. The bigger screen really makes old psp games pop and it is the ideal way to play them. Shooting in uncharted with a 2nd thumbstick made me gasp. I like deals and the FEB was not one but this is without a doubt the best purchase I have made for gaming in some time.

Needless to say I think this thing is going to be a hit

[quote name='shiftymcneely']So a little update from earlier today. The site who must not be named just sent me confirmation emails for both of my orders. So, sad face turned into happy face. I'll be ready for my wifi preorder from gamestop.[/QUOTE]

VOLDEMORT! :lol:

[quote name='Pumapride']I'm sorry I'm a little lost, what is a FEB, in relation to the Vita? I imagine the "B" stand for bundle.[/QUOTE]

First Edition Bundle (FEB)

[quote name='Pumapride']I'm sorry I'm a little lost, what is a FEB, in relation to the Vita? I imagine the "B" stand for bundle.[/QUOTE]

First Edition Bundle

First. Edition. Bundle.

^ Mother of god.

[quote name='poker360']First. Edition. Bundle.

^ Mother of god.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I looked back thru about 10 pages and couldn't see where the abbreviation came from. Thanks guys!

[quote name='skiizim']CAGs, not CAGers!!! We are not cheapassgamerers. :shame:[/QUOTE]

CAGers, those things at frat parties!

Oh, wait....what's a party? :cry:

[quote name='b3b0p']I thought the Vita had Gorilla Glass, no? If so, why waste that screen with a screen protector if it's not needed?[/QUOTE]

The Vita's front is plastic not glass.

[quote name='majorscud']No PS+ benefits except discounts on some PSP games. Even the warranties on psn are full price right now.[/QUOTE]

Which PSP games?

It's been revealed that the Blast DLC for Super Stardust Delta will cost $7.99. So the complete game is actually worth $18. Assuming you activate a 250MB data plan (the free month kinda cancels out the cost of the first month IMO) you get $48 in extras with the 3G launch bundle. Kind of like getting the 3G model for $2 more than the wifi model (if you were going to buy the 8GB and Super Stardust+DLC).

[quote name='Tygamr']It's been revealed that the Blast DLC for Super Stardust Delta will cost $7.99. So the complete game is actually worth $18. Assuming you activate a 250MB data plan (the free month kinda cancels out the cost of the first month IMO) you get $48 in extras with the 3G launch bundle. Kind of like getting the 3G model for $2 more than the wifi model (if you were going to buy the 8GB and Super Stardust+DLC).[/QUOTE]

You're not counting the $15 you have to spend on the first month of 3g though.

[quote name='Gxray']You're not counting the $15 you have to spend on the first month of 3g though.[/QUOTE]

No, I counted it. I count the free month as $15 since that's how much it would cost, so I figure it cancels out the $15 you spend. 15+(-15)=0. It's like buying a $20 game and getting a $20 giftcard. I just count that as cash- not everyone does though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wario64']Super Stardust Delta + DLC is $15. There's a bundle.[/QUOTE]

Really? Oh. Haven't seen that anywhere. Just read that the DLC was ridiculously expensive (considering that the game costs $2 more).

[quote name='Gxray']You're not counting the $15 you have to spend on the first month of 3g though.[/QUOTE]

Why would you count that? You're spending money on the 3G, not the game.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why would you count that? You're spending money on the 3G, not the game.[/QUOTE]

But you only get the game after you spend the money on 3G. So you can't count the game as part of the bundle unless you also count the cost of the first month of 3G.

[quote name='Gxray']But you only get the game after you spend the money on 3G. So you can't count the game as part of the bundle unless you also count the cost of the first month of 3G.[/QUOTE]

Did you see my response? I kinda figure the free month cancels out the initial month you pay for- it works, unless you don't want to ever use the 3G. If you didn't get a free month, then yeah, I'd see your point. You pay $15 for $30/$33 worth of stuff. So....

Yea, I'm not trying to say it's a bad deal or anything. Obviously if you'll actually use the 3G then it's by far the best deal. But if you have no plans on using 3G at all, then the Wifi model is the best way to go.

didn't really think this was thread worthy over on the trading forum but if anyone was tempted by the first edition bundle case I'm looking to sell mine

[quote name='Ionotropic']Is anybody else not using a screen protector?[/QUOTE]

If you use a sleeve case for the vita i would definitely use a screen protector. I learned from my experience with the PSP Fat that sleeve cases tend to scratch the screen if any type of debris, gunk is clinging to the material.

[quote name='whoknows']If any of you got the FEB and don't want Little Deviants you should PM me how much you'd want for it.[/QUOTE]

it should be noted that bby is currently taking vita game tradeins and Little Deviants is at 18.00 base (so 28.80 with gcu during 50% preorder bonus promos).

What are you guys playing? I have Uncharted 3, SSD, and UMvC3...I love the thing so far but debating on trading UMvC3 as I already had it on 360. Also plan on trading or selling Little Deviants, just want something else to play.

Is anyone having an issue when your vita is plugged in to the PS3 or charger that the touch screen doesn't work right? I want to see if it is just me or others have encountered it :(

Liking the vita so far, especially hot shots and lumines. My biggest complaint is the flap over the cartridge slot. I have a really hard time opening it(bite my nails). Also, I was able to transfer most my psp games to the vita using the ps3, except Motorstorm and pixeljuk monsters. Anyone able to get those on the vita?

I am using the 4 gb card right now with a larger one coming in the mail and am wondering how you transfer vita saves between memory cards. The content manager only lists separate saves for my psp games. Are the vita saves within the larger game files?

I grabbed Little Deviants from a friend last night...this game blows. If this is supposed to show off what the Vita can do, it's going to be very frustrating.

So any physical UMD games I own, which is not many, I'm basically S.O.L correct? There is no way to register those on PSN or PS3 for that matter? If not that is really fucking stupid.

[quote name='Tigershard']Is anyone having an issue when your vita is plugged in to the PS3 or charger that the touch screen doesn't work right? I want to see if it is just me or others have encountered it :([/QUOTE]

Apparently, it has some issues with the touch screen controls. I don't know how it happened, but my Vita would randomly stop responding from touch for about 3-4 seconds or completely ignore input on the top left corner area.
I rebooted the system and I have yet to experience the same problem so far. Restart your system to see if that makes any changes.

[quote name='Maynard']So any physical UMD games I own, which is not many, I'm basically S.O.L correct? There is no way to register those on PSN or PS3 for that matter? If not that is really fucking stupid.[/QUOTE]

Sony Japan offers such service called UMD Passport.
It's been confirmed by Sony that it won't be happening in NA. I'm extremely disappointed too.

The only way to get PSP games for Vita is to purchase it from their PSN Store.

[quote name='caltab']Liking the vita so far, especially hot shots and lumines. My biggest complaint is the flap over the cartridge slot. I have a really hard time opening it(bite my nails). Also, I was able to transfer most my psp games to the vita using the ps3, except Motorstorm and pixeljuk monsters. Anyone able to get those on the vita?

I am using the 4 gb card right now with a larger one coming in the mail and am wondering how you transfer vita saves between memory cards. The content manager only lists separate saves for my psp games. Are the vita saves within the larger game files?[/QUOTE]

I also have no luck on Pixeljunk Monsters. Additionally, Ys I & II Chronicles also do not work for now.

[quote name='caltab']Liking the vita so far, especially hot shots and lumines. My biggest complaint is the flap over the cartridge slot. I have a really hard time opening it(bite my nails). Also, I was able to transfer most my psp games to the vita using the ps3, except Motorstorm and pixeljuk monsters. Anyone able to get those on the vita?

I am using the 4 gb card right now with a larger one coming in the mail and am wondering how you transfer vita saves between memory cards. The content manager only lists separate saves for my psp games. Are the vita saves within the larger game files?[/QUOTE]

I also have no luck on Pixeljunk Monsters. Additionally, Ys I & II Chronicles also do not work for now.

[quote name='caltab']Also, I was able to transfer most my psp games to the vita using the ps3, except Motorstorm and pixeljuk monsters. Anyone able to get those on the vita?
[/QUOTE]

Are the free PSP games from the security snafu playable on the Vita (Killzone Liberation, LBP, Pursuit Force or Modnation Racers)? These did not appear on the official list, but apparently that list is not complete.

Well my first game from Lockerz just shipped. :)

Attention calling all mods be on the lookout for the words Lockerz.com, you are instructed to delete this message A S A P. :lol:

Police-siren-animated.gif

[quote name='GizmoGC']I grabbed Little Deviants from a friend last night...this game blows. If this is supposed to show off what the Vita can do, it's going to be very frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Based on your recent behavior in this thread a few pages back, I must respectfully disregard any opinions you post on here.

bread's done
Back