Banned
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_lyfzzt

Includes:

PS Vita w/ Wifi + 3G
8GB Memory Card
Dataconnect session pass
1 Playstation Network game

Hello,

We'd like to provide an update for customers who have pre-ordered the "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" handheld console. All customers who pre-order this item before its February 22, 2012 release date will be automatically upgraded to the "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" at no additional charge. The "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" will include an 8GB Memory Card, AT&T DataConnect Session Pass, and Free PlayStation Network Game. More details can be found in this item's product description section here: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle

This upgrade will be extended to all existing "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" pre-orders. Please note that due to limited quantities, we can't guarantee the availability of "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" after the pre-order window has ended.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new handheld console.

- Amazon Video Game Editors

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shiftymcneely']Based on your recent behavior in this thread a few pages back, I must respectfully disregard any opinions you post on here.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. Little Deviants has gotten some good reviews, although we all know it won't be a blockbuster game. MSNBC's Todd Kendrick gave it an 8, and I generally like and agree with his reviews. Best to just ignore the anti-Vita trolls and form your own opinion.

Cant believe people are still trolling after the thing has come out. I love the thing, my poor 3DS and Tales of the Abyss might not be getting played for a while

Question. I backed up a lot of PSP games to my HDD on my PC from my PSN purchases... Can I just drag and drop those and play them on the Vita? Hows that work?

[quote name='chimpmeister']Good idea. Little Deviants has gotten some good reviews, although we all know it won't be a blockbuster game. MSNBC's Todd Kendrick gave it an 8, and I generally like and agree with his reviews. Best to just ignore the anti-Vita trolls and form your own opinion.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ignore someone who has a Vita and the game. You guys are hilarious Sony fans. My own opinion is its frustrating. I'm not alone in this opinion as other reviews have said so. Best to read only the positive ones if you can't take any critism over anything Sony.

You have to use MediaGo now, no drag and dropping like the PSP/GO. Its probably easier to use a PS3 to do it

Also, i have a Vita and the game. I think its quite fun, therefore your opinion is negated. Good day sir

Downloaded Escape Plan last night. It's pretty great.

I'm also not to crazy about Little Deviants. Some of the games are fun, but the rear touch game is brutal. Also, the Welcome Park puzzle trophies are damn hard.

Still loving the Vita though.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Downloaded Escape Plan last night. It's pretty great.

I'm also not to crazy about Little Deviants. Some of the games are fun, but the rear touch game is brutal. Also, the Welcome Park puzzle trophies are damn hard.

Still loving the Vita though.[/QUOTE]

only one of hte welcome park trophies is hard and even that isnt too bad

[quote name='prayformojo']Are the free PSP games from the security snafu playable on the Vita (Killzone Liberation, LBP, Pursuit Force or Modnation Racers)? These did not appear on the official list, but apparently that list is not complete.[/QUOTE]

The list is of games that are available to directly download from the vita. A bunch of games not on the list can be transferred to your vita if you download them from a PS3. I can transfer Little big planet and killzone. Modnation is another one, along with morotstorm and pixeljunk monsters, that isnt transferring. Don't know about pursuit force.

3rd birthday is now playable and looks great on vita ... I am not opening little deviants, I hate mini games, I am just going to sell it as soon as amazon takes it or glyde opens up its vita section. I can say with no hesitation there are multiple good games on the system already and having so much stuff from psn I am shocked how much I am enjoying the vita. Haters are wrong on this one

[quote name='bnl11311']3rd birthday is now playable and looks great on vita ... I am not opening little deviants, I hate mini games, I am just going to sell it as soon as amazon takes it or glyde opens up its vita section. I can say with no hesitation there are multiple good games on the system already and having so much stuff from psn I am shocked how much I am enjoying the vita. Haters are wrong on this one[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear this type of enthusiasm from an owner. I've been looking forward to it, but the metacritic reviews of some of the games (most notably modnation, fifa and Army...) concerned me.

I don't really see the point in buying Little Deviants new for $30 if you didn't get the FEB. Seems like it'll be a game that everyone trades in within a month and will be like $10 in no time.

I purchased

-PDP Custom Crystal case
-Sony Screen Protector
-Uncharted: Golden Abyss
-Dungeon Hunter:Alliance
-Hot shots Golf
-wifi Vita (preordered)

Question: Should I take Dungeon Hunters: Alliance back for a refund (cost $40) and just purchase the PSN edition (only $15), or can we not play PSN arcade games on Vita? or do we think Sony locked the arcade version from being played on Vita, because thats a huge price difference for the same exact game

You cant play PSN versions on the Vita. There are upcoming PSN games that will have their own Vita version and Sony has stated that they will offer cross play where you can buy 1 and have both

I would take it back anyway as its pretty sad that they are charging so much for a $15 title

[quote name='jacknicklson']You cant play PSN versions on the Vita. There are upcoming PSN games that will have their own Vita version and Sony has stated that they will offer cross play where you can buy 1 and have both

I would take it back anyway as its pretty sad that they are charging so much for a $15 title[/QUOTE]

Why does Sony block/take out the features that would make the Vita a huge success. Case and point is the update that blocked remote play of PS3 games (Could play ALL PS3 games on your Vita).....

[quote name='jacknicklson']You cant play PSN versions on the Vita. There are upcoming PSN games that will have their own Vita version and Sony has stated that they will offer cross play where you can buy 1 and have both

I would take it back anyway as its pretty sad that they are charging so much for a $15 title[/QUOTE]

I actually got it from Gamefly, and was thinking of using the Keep it price ($30) and plus I have a $5 coupon, so $25. I already beat the game on iPad, and it was only $2 on sale, it was a fantastic game for that price. Im itching for an RPG, Im confused why did Sony not release the game on PSN as a arcade game like Super StarDust Delta and charge $15 like always?

[quote name='jacknicklson']Because that was up to ubisoft not sony[/QUOTE]

True, like someone else mentioned, they just took advantage of lack of RPGs at launch...they got me...

Ya, as far as I can tell, there is no separate place to manage vita saves. I believe they are connected to the actual game file. There is a separate place for psp game saves, but not vita. So, it seems like if you want to move a game save, you need to move the full game file. I bought a couple of games of PSN and have a couple retail games. When I connect the vita to my ps3 and fire up the data management, there is an option to transfer psp saves, but you can only transfer the full "application" of vita stuff. For PSN games, that means the entire game. For uncharted, Wipeout and hot shots its 100 mb or less. You cannot see individual saves, just the full application file, which I am assuming is everything that is saved to the card, possibly including any updates to the game(but not DLC, there is a separate category for game add ons)

[quote name='caltab']Ya, as far as I can tell, there is no separate place to manage vita saves. I believe they are connected to the actual game file. There is a separate place for psp game saves, but not vita. So, it seems like if you want to move a game save, you need to move the full game file. I bought a couple of games of PSN and have a couple retail games. When I connect the vita to my ps3 and fire up the data management, there is an option to transfer psp saves, but you can only transfer the full "application" of vita stuff. For PSN games, that means the entire game. For uncharted, Wipeout and hot shots its 100 mb or less. You cannot see individual saves, just the full application file, which I am assuming is everything that is saved to the card, possibly including any updates to the game(but not DLC, there is a separate category for game add ons)[/QUOTE]

hmm hopefully Sony fix that, because that reminds me of iOS prior to 5.0

[quote name='Poor2More']hmm hopefully Sony fix that, because that reminds me of iOS prior to 5.0[/QUOTE]

Wait, you can back up saves of iphone apps separate from the application itself? i thought it was the same way, if you delete the app, so long saved games...

'cause I'd really like to free up space on my iphone and delete Chaos Rings, which is bloated with translations now, but keep my saves...

I read somewhere that cloud saves were going to be coming to Vita, and that the feature wasn't going to be limited to just Playstation Plus members.

In either case, it doesn't appear that cloud saves are active yet on my Vita.

Just finally got around to it, but sweet god. The Vita has to easily have the most fun of a tutorial/introduction to a system ever.

WelcomePark is so fun

[quote name='caltab']Ya, as far as I can tell, there is no separate place to manage vita saves. I believe they are connected to the actual game file. There is a separate place for psp game saves, but not vita. So, it seems like if you want to move a game save, you need to move the full game file. I bought a couple of games of PSN and have a couple retail games. When I connect the vita to my ps3 and fire up the data management, there is an option to transfer psp saves, but you can only transfer the full "application" of vita stuff. For PSN games, that means the entire game. For uncharted, Wipeout and hot shots its 100 mb or less. You cannot see individual saves, just the full application file, which I am assuming is everything that is saved to the card, possibly including any updates to the game(but not DLC, there is a separate category for game add ons)[/QUOTE]

They may never change it- PSP save exploits were used to "hack" newer PSPs. Sony really wants to avoid piracy this time around, so it may be completely intentional. If they do change it, I'd expect it to be replaced with a slightly less inconvenient system. The Vita has already been hacked though, so it may get worse.

[quote name='Tygamr']They may never change it- PSP save exploits were used to "hack" newer PSPs. Sony really wants to avoid piracy this time around, so it may be completely intentional. If they do change it, I'd expect it to be replaced with a slightly less inconvenient system. The Vita has already been hacked though, so it may get worse.[/QUOTE]

All I want are my old school emualtors. I wish there was some way to have those without fully hacking the system and having the vita software sales slump.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']All I want are my old school emualtors. I wish there was some way to have those without fully hacking the system and having the vita software sales slump.[/QUOTE]

This. I will pay for everything after SNES. Just give me my earthbound and save states.

Well the site that we don't talk about let me know my Uncharted would ship today or tomorrow. However, the starter kit I ordered from them is backordered and they don't have an estimate on when it's going to ship out. Getting a refund for the starter kit, hopefully Uncharted gets to me by Wednesday.

[quote name='Tygamr']They may never change it- PSP save exploits were used to "hack" newer PSPs. Sony really wants to avoid piracy this time around, so it may be completely intentional. If they do change it, I'd expect it to be replaced with a slightly less inconvenient system. The Vita has already been hacked though, so it may get worse.[/QUOTE]
Given you can back up the application to PC (I assume) then it's a matter of digging through the game file to find that save to exploit, and failing that there's still doing this on the PS3. Even beyond that though, there's the simple fact they could've made a lumped save file... that you could manually manage on the Vita itself, but must remain a batch when ported off. Given you can back up the data created for retail games anyway it just comes off as stupid and antagonistic to the consumer, except those who seriously do not care about save files at all when they get rid of a game.

[quote name='Gxray']Well the site that we don't talk about let me know my Uncharted would ship today or tomorrow. However, the starter kit I ordered from them is backordered and they don't have an estimate on when it's going to ship out. Getting a refund for the starter kit, hopefully Uncharted gets to me by Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

One person told me they ship tomorrow another said Monday or Tuesday.

[quote name='WilliamG']My newegg preorder of Lumines Vita was cancelled for no apparent reason. Nice job, newegg![/QUOTE]

weird... I also preordered lumines from newegg and it was shipped yesterday

[quote name='therealdanhill']So, basically Target has the best deal going, right? With the gift card? Is there any chance of Amazon matching it?[/QUOTE]

No, there's a better deal but no one is allowed to talk about it, sorry.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']No, there's a better deal but no one is allowed to talk about it, sorry.[/QUOTE]

Haha the deal that shall not be named. From the website that shall not be named. Anyone who hasn't followed this thread for the past couple weeks must be totally confused by all these posts. Like we're playing a prank or something.

It is. I'm a huge fan of Cheapassgamer.com, but the site's mission is to save gamers money on game-related purchases. It seems very disingenuous to delete any mention of a site where you can save money on games just because the savings don't come back to this site. Is it really different than talking about a B&M store having a good sale? Cheapie doesn't get any $$$ when I walk into a Best Buy or Wal Mart store and buy a game, so what's the difference here?

wtf happened to this thread, several pages are gone and they had nothing to do with lockerz. The moderation in this thread is out of control. It's really starting to turn me of to CAG. Why would a discussion about the save function of the vita(which could impact your desire to have one) be deleted.

[quote name='caltab']wtf happened to this thread, several pages are gone and they had nothing to do with lockerz. The moderation in this thread is out of control. It's really starting to turn me of to CAG. Why would a discussion about the save function of the vita(which could impact your desire to have one) be deleted.[/QUOTE]

It reminds me of congress for some reason.

:whee:

[quote name='caltab']wtf happened to this thread, several pages are gone and they had nothing to do with lockerz. The moderation in this thread is out of control. It's really starting to turn me of to CAG. Why would a discussion about the save function of the vita(which could impact your desire to have one) be deleted.[/QUOTE]

Because we need to clean up the 54 page thread! What if there were 56 pages? It would be out of control!

[quote name='jkimrey']Any experience with the official Sony screen protector?[/QUOTE]

The Sony ones look like the best. There have been some people here that liked them. It comes with a template so you can get it on perfect. I know my Vita will have one on it for sure.

[quote name='jkimrey']Any experience with the official Sony screen protector?[/QUOTE]

Word of mouth is the Sony brand is the best, very easy to place perfectly due to simple template. The same is mirrored from folks who have the screen protectors in japan (Sony & Hori brand), That Sony is easily the best, and its Glossy screen protector not matte, which is a great thing. I went with the sony one.

Another note why the fuck is gamestop marking up all the Vita accessory? Memory cards are marked up $5, screen protectors marked up $3. Are they bitter Sony is pushing digital downloads for the vita with a discount? I guess that would hurt their used game sales. I am sticking with physical format though, because even though it works with PC (Steam), but my other systems I like to actually have the game, in case I would like to trade it in.

I'm feeling kind of confused. Is the 'free' game the game you get for using 3g, AKA Stardust? If so does anyone know if the 'Dataconnect Session Pass' will require paying for a month to use it? If so then I hardly call that a 'free' game...

I was offered a 3g First edition bundle on Craigslist for $360. That would probably be a couple bucks cheaper then if purchased in store after tax. I already have the 8gb mem card and PDP case, so I could return those and get my $55 back from Gamestop. Im sure 4gb em card would be sufficiant, and that case included looks rather nice. I have no interest in little deviants, so Im sure I could get rid of that for $20-$25 on craigslist.

Do you guys think its a good deal? I already have the Wifi vita on reserve at Amazon.com, I really want the 3G launch bundle for $299.99, but Im afraid of I cancel my Wifi reserve which I had preordered since June of last year so Im pretty sure I will get one sent on launch day. Do you guys think If I reserve the 3G launch model today, that I would get it Feb 22 (w/release day delivery)?

bread's done
Back