Banned
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_lyfzzt

Includes:

PS Vita w/ Wifi + 3G
8GB Memory Card
Dataconnect session pass
1 Playstation Network game

Hello,

We'd like to provide an update for customers who have pre-ordered the "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" handheld console. All customers who pre-order this item before its February 22, 2012 release date will be automatically upgraded to the "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" at no additional charge. The "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" will include an 8GB Memory Card, AT&T DataConnect Session Pass, and Free PlayStation Network Game. More details can be found in this item's product description section here: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle

This upgrade will be extended to all existing "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" pre-orders. Please note that due to limited quantities, we can't guarantee the availability of "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" after the pre-order window has ended.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new handheld console.

- Amazon Video Game Editors

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']I'm feeling kind of confused. Is the 'free' game the game you get for using 3g, AKA Stardust? If so does anyone know if the 'Dataconnect Session Pass' will require paying for a month to use it? If so then I hardly call that a 'free' game...[/QUOTE]

Yea not exactly Free per say, you much sign up for a paid 1 month before your free month kicks in (so you pay $15 out of pocket), in between your paid month and free month, they email you a code for Stardust.

[quote name='caltab']wtf happened to this thread, several pages are gone and they had nothing to do with lockerz. The moderation in this thread is out of control. It's really starting to turn me of to CAG. Why would a discussion about the save function of the vita(which could impact your desire to have one) be deleted.[/QUOTE]Mainly because we have this thread over here, as well as numerous other ones, which discusses the system in detail:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284977

[quote name='shrike4242']Mainly because we have this thread over here, as well as numerous other ones, which discusses the system in detail:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284977[/QUOTE]

This thread is not even a deal, its MSRP and not hard to find, so really any discussion at all doesnt belong in this forum. There is some strange criteria of what is deemed to be worthy of not being deleted in this MSRP thread.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']I'm feeling kind of confused. Is the 'free' game the game you get for using 3g, AKA Stardust? If so does anyone know if the 'Dataconnect Session Pass' will require paying for a month to use it? If so then I hardly call that a 'free' game...[/QUOTE]

You get the pass with the 3G unit, and can use it after signing up with AT&T's monthly service. Using it will give you a free month after your first month expires.

30 days after you've used the pass, they will send you a code for the game.

So you're looking at April before you get Super Stardust Delta, minimum.

[quote name='wasurenai']You get the pass with the 3G unit, and can use it after signing up with AT&T's monthly service. Using it will give you a free month after your first month expires.

So you're looking at April before you get Super Stardust Delta, minimum.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if even the people at Sony can convince themselves that this is a good deal anymore...they give us basically a BOGO coupon and call it a "deal" and then make us wait two months to download a game free that most of us will probably just buy outright to avoid the hassle of having to remember to cancel that 3G later.

Anyone have issues with the unit coming out of sleep mode?

I charged my Vita this morning, played about an hour, and took it to work. Around lunch time I wanted to play it again (the Playstation logo was blue), and couldn't get it out of sleep. Pressing the Playstation button did nothing nor did pressing (or holding) the power button either.

Did I just not charge it enough or just can't figure out how to get it out of sleep?

[quote name='XT14']I wonder if even the people at Sony can convince themselves that this is a good deal anymore...they give us basically a BOGO coupon and call it a "deal" and then make us wait two months to download a game free that most of us will probably just buy outright to avoid the hassle of having to remember to cancel that 3G later.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's clear that AT&T has more pull in this arrangement than Sony.

[quote name='XT14']I wonder if even the people at Sony can convince themselves that this is a good deal anymore...they give us basically a BOGO coupon and call it a "deal" and then make us wait two months to download a game free that most of us will probably just buy outright to avoid the hassle of having to remember to cancel that 3G later.[/QUOTE]

You can set the preference so it does not auto-renew. And it's one month not 2.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Anyone have issues with the unit coming out of sleep mode?

I charged my Vita this morning, played about an hour, and took it to work. Around lunch time I wanted to play it again (the Playstation logo was blue), and couldn't get it out of sleep. Pressing the Playstation button did nothing nor did pressing (or holding) the power button either.

Did I just not charge it enough or just can't figure out how to get it out of sleep?[/QUOTE]

I haven't had that problem, the only problem I have had with sleep mode is the internet disconnecting and causing issues.

Yeah, I think I'm skipping the 3G. AT&T and the Target deal (buy a wifi Vita, get a 4GB memory card- plus I can get a discount) killed it for me. If there were a Verizon Vita, then I might be in, but I'll pass. And I don't really need the 3G anyway- there's like at least 30 hotspots at almost every block in Seattle.

[quote name='wasurenai']You get the pass with the 3G unit, and can use it after signing up with AT&T's monthly service. Using it will give you a free month after your first month expires.

So you're looking at April before you get Super Stardust Delta, minimum.[/QUOTE]

I've spoken to a Sony and ATT rep, they both confirmed you get the email for the game after your first PAID month is completed, not after the free month from the coupon.

[quote name='M_A_C']Anybody have any clue what Costco might have going for the Vita? Bundles/deals of any kind?[/QUOTE]

judging from previous releases I'm guessing a 2 game bundle with maybe a memory card + accessory

Damn I want my Vita. IGN gave Escape Plan an 8.0 and Tales From Space a 9.0. Some other reviews didnt like Escape Plan so much but whatever it looks pretty awesome. And Tales From Space is only $8 apparently.

Good stuff. I don't know if there's ever been a launch with this many good games.

I was on the fence, but considering I have an 8GB card on the way for .02c from that Amazon pricing snafu I'm going to bite. I was pondering until the Best Buy trade in deal popped up that you can get $75 for your old PSP regardless of model, possibly more for PSP go apparently. Sort of seems like a no brainer now. Que up the Lumines addiction again :(

[quote name='Maynard']I was on the fence, but considering I have an 8GB card on the way for .02c from that Amazon pricing snafu I'm going to bite. I was pondering until the Best Buy trade in deal popped up that you can get $75 for your old PSP regardless of model, possibly more for PSP go apparently. Sort of seems like a no brainer now. Que up the Lumines addiction again :([/QUOTE]

How do you figure $75 I see 32...

[quote name='flameofdoom666']If I could get $75 for my PSP, I'd bite. Details![/QUOTE]

Unless you're selling a package deal with games I can't see anyone paying $75 for a used PSP.

My 3G finally went to "Shipping Soon". Their cutting it kinda close for release date shipping tomorrow aren't they?

[quote name='M_A_C']My 3G finally went to "Shipping Soon". Their cutting it kinda close for release date shipping tomorrow aren't they?[/QUOTE]

Nope. It's always like this.

[quote name='M_A_C']Anybody have any clue what Costco might have going for the Vita? Bundles/deals of any kind?[/QUOTE]

I checked our local Costco (VA) today, and they had no Vita products (but it is a bit early since the system launches tomorrow). They did have 250gb Kinect 360 for 299, and 320gb MW3 bundle for 280; surprisingly, no 3DS stuff at all (games or systems).

[quote name='Romeo']Unless you're selling a package deal with games I can't see anyone paying $75 for a used PSP.[/QUOTE]

They've been selling on Amazon for about $80.

When I first looked at that link there were like 15 games. I couldnt decide and now I see there are only 10 games. Hope they add some back. I hate GS and Target is to far away.

[quote name='M_A_C']My 3G finally went to "Shipping Soon". Their cutting it kinda close for release date shipping tomorrow aren't they?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I've been using release date shipping for a few years and it's always down to the wire. My FEB Vita didn't show shipping until almost 10pm.

[quote name='Gosha']I don't really see the point in buying Little Deviants new for $30 if you didn't get the FEB. Seems like it'll be a game that everyone trades in within a month and will be like $10 in no time.[/QUOTE]

thats my plan for it, looks cool but pack in games always get traded fast on forums and stores, plus i got lots other vita games to occupy my time :D

damn as launch gets closer Im getting more and more tempted to pre-order especially with the free 4GB card with the wi-fi version but must hold off if Japan sales are any indicator then sales will be sluggish after the first week and hopefully will get a discount like the 3DS got

FYI Sam's has been selling the launch bundle for the Vita since last week. No pre-order necessary. 335 gets you the Vita 3G, 4Gb (snicker... not enough), Little Deviants, Case.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']damn as launch gets closer Im getting more and more tempted to pre-order especially with the free 4GB card with the wi-fi version but must hold off if Japan sales are any indicator then sales will be sluggish after the first week and hopefully will get a discount like the 3DS got[/QUOTE]

The 3DS got a huge price-cut because it just wasn't worth $250 at all. It was way overpriced. I don't think you'll see a big price cut on the Vita anytime soon; this system really is up to snuff, in terms of design and technology.

[quote name='chimpmeister']The 3DS got a huge price-cut because it just wasn't worth $250 at all. It was way overpriced. I don't think you'll see a big price cut on the Vita anytime soon; this system really is up to snuff, in terms of design and technology.[/QUOTE]

Doesnt matter how good the system is without sales. Dreamcast was supposedly a great machine and yet couldnt go mainstream. And we have many more competitors to handhelds today.

[quote name='chimpmeister']The 3DS got a huge price-cut because it just wasn't worth $250 at all. It was way overpriced. I don't think you'll see a big price cut on the Vita anytime soon; this system really is up to snuff, in terms of design and technology.[/QUOTE]

yeah I'm not saying the Vita ins't worth the $250 but looking at the economic climate I really don't think many people are going to plunk down $250 on a portable video game console right now especially with so many people having smartphones and tablets. Im thinking it will have good release week sales then fall off like in Japan and it will be at $199 soon

[quote name='wrencrest']Doesnt matter how good the system is without sales. Dreamcast was supposedly a great machine and yet couldnt go mainstream. And we have many more competitors to handhelds today.[/QUOTE]

Well the Vita is opening up a whole new frontier for handheld games . . . and for the time being, there is nothing to compete with it in terms of technology and design. There certainly will be high-end tablets coming out later this year, but I'm sure they won't offer the same experience as a dedicated handheld like this (unless they include integrated analog sticks and buttons, which is unlikely).

The Dreamcast was indeed a fantastic system; unfortunately it just never caught on and its life-cycle ended much too early.

Mine shipped out at Noon today. Pretty excited to get my hands on it. Curse my job (which has provided the expendable income required for this) that will keep me away from pawing it until tomorrow evening. I won't be upset if/when there is a price cut. Being an early adopter, you must weigh the value of having it now against possible future savings. With the Vita I am in like Flynn.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Well the Vita is opening up a whole new frontier for handheld games . . . and for the time being, there is nothing to compete with it in terms of technology and design. There certainly will be high-end tablets coming out later this year, but I'm sure they won't offer the same experience as a dedicated handheld like this (unless they include integrated analog sticks and buttons, which is unlikely).

The Dreamcast was indeed a fantastic system; unfortunately it just never caught on and its life-cycle ended much too early.[/QUOTE]

It doesnt matter how much more advanced any tablet or smart phones becomes when the most intensive thing people are going to use it for is a Angry Birds caliber game. The Hardware isnt limiting the software, its the software that doesnt push the need for new hardware.

[quote name='Paladinion']It doesnt matter how much more advanced any tablet or smart phones becomes when the most intensive thing people are going to use it for is a Angry Birds caliber game. The Hardware isnt limiting the software, its the software that doesnt push the need for new hardware.[/QUOTE]

Also, just to add. Games on phones and tablets will never get the production values of games Sony is going to be making for the Vita. If they ever did have a game on a phone or tablet with good production values the game would cost $30-40, which no one would probably pay for on a tablet or a phone.

Just got my launch bundle. So far so good. I didn't get my screen protector from pre-ordering and it's not on the site anymore. Anyone know if we'll get it later or?

[quote name='RugerRellP89']Also, just to add. Games on phones and tablets will never get the production values of games Sony is going to be making for the Vita. If they ever did have a game on a phone or tablet with good production values the game would cost $30-40, which no one would probably pay for on a tablet or a phone.[/QUOTE]

If there's a market for it they will. Why should Ubisoft or any other third party developer continue to pay license fees to Sony and Nintendo when they can develop for Android and iOS and make more money? While I bought a Vita, I am just as certain that this will be the last generation of dedicated handhelds from Sony. Most gamers own multiple devices including advanced smartphones, so there is no reason not to start developing more advanced games for these devices. It's not a matter of if, but when and who.

Hey guys got my Vita today and was slightly dissapointed, my battery wasn't charging when I plugged it in. Luckily my brain kicked on and I went to gamestop guessing it was a bad usb cable and it was, so I am back up and running. Just letting you know if you can't charge your battery when you buy ur vita is probably isn't the system its that usb cable, costs 14.99 for a new one but it did fix my problem.

[quote name='Psykodelik']Just got my launch bundle. So far so good. I didn't get my screen protector from pre-ordering and it's not on the site anymore. Anyone know if we'll get it later or?[/QUOTE]

I remember reading that you will receive a code that you can redeem to get the screen protector from Amazon.

[quote name='plastik3000']I remember reading that you will receive a code that you can redeem to get the screen protector from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, ok do you remember how long til getting the code? If a couple of days, I might just buy one now and save it for later. Thanks for replying though.

Ok this is strange...

Order a wifi + free 4gb card (card will be sent when back in stock). Total came to 250, but on my online bank statement there was just a 231.49 charge...

Amazon screw up? :D

[quote name='bojay1997']If there's a market for it they will. Why should Ubisoft or any other third party developer continue to pay license fees to Sony and Nintendo when they can develop for Android and iOS and make more money?[/QUOTE]

While I don't know the exact amount that is paid to Sony and Nintendo, I do know that Apple takes a 30% cut of each sale. That is probably equal to or more then what Sony or Nintendo take from each sale.

For the Amazon app store, Amazon sets the prices without the developers input. That can effect sell through and developer comissions pretty hard. I'm not sure how other Android app stores work as when it comes to actual money paid to developers.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Ok this is strange...

Order a wifi + free 4gb card (card will be sent when back in stock). Total came to 250, but on my online bank statement there was just a 231.49 charge...

Amazon screw up? :D[/QUOTE]

No they did not. Its weird but they charge 231.49 for the system and 18.50 for the memory card to make it a total of 249.99. They did my order the same way. Idk why they did it this way though.

[quote name='kyo645']No they did not. Its weird but they charge 231.49 for the system and 18.50 for the memory card to make it a total of 249.99. They did my order the same way. Idk why they did it this way though.[/QUOTE]

Ah cool that makes sense. Only worry now is that the card is oos and will ship later. Hopefully nothing gets screwed up between now and when it ships!

Thanks for the heads up though!

[quote name='omyard']While I don't know the exact amount that is paid to Sony and Nintendo, I do know that Apple takes a 30% cut of each sale. That is probably equal to or more then what Sony or Nintendo take from each sale.[/QUOTE]

So you don't know what Sony or Nintendo take from each sale, but it's probably equal to or less than Apple's 30%? I'm curious what source you have for that, especially since your source seems to not provide details like what percentage Sony and Nintendo take. LOL.

[quote name='ricka']Same here.

--Rick[/QUOTE]

If you reordered the Launch bundle you would have found out that they would give you for a code for it. You would then use the code and order it on Amazon.com for free.

I'm not sure if it applies to orders before the promotion started though.

k i just got my "code" via email for the screen protector. Kinda sucks because I have to order something to get it. I thought it was going to come with the package.

bread's done
Back