"PlayStation Vita Game Heaven" Sony event (70 games in PSV pipeline)

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-showing-new-ps-vita-games-next-week-report-6363893

Really excited to hear from Sony since they will probably update the current sales figures(in their way:roll:) but most importantly we get to see/hear what's coming down the line. 70 PSV games in the pipeline hopefully 3-4 blockbusters by X-mas in the US.

I really don't see a price cut coming anytime soon so the games will be key in moving units & satisfying the masses.

Game wishlist:
MGS Peace Walker 2
GOW
Star Wars(Battlefront type game)
Assassin's Creed
Need for Speed

Kingdom Hearts, FF & Naruto games since these will sell units & make alot of people happy.

Persona 5 for Vita with crossplay on the PS3. This has been my dream game for like a year now.
I hope they release the psone compatibility patch or whatever during the announcement.

70 games in development already? Wow, clearly developera weren't that concerned about the Japanese sales numbers...

The 70 games probably also include PSN only titles as well. (Much like Escape Plan, Hustle Kings). As for full-fledged Vita games, I'm hoping at least that the count is at least 35. Either way, it will be exciting to see what is revealed.

[quote name='shlby']The 70 games probably also include PSN only titles as well. (Much like Escape Plan, Hustle Kings). As for full-fledged Vita games, I'm hoping at least that the count is at least 35. Either way, it will be exciting to see what is revealed.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It seems like the psn game quality has been really high thus far, so I can't complain about that. Also, am I the only one who hasn't had battery life issues? I usually play for the bulk of the evening and have yet to get lower than 50% capacity. Granted that's only like 3 or 4 hours straight, but I certainly expected worse.

Charging via the dock seems to take a really long time though. Anyhoo, looking forward to this event. My one wish is SSFIV AE just so I can have all of the fighting games I like available. Oh, and a better-than-the-3ds-version RE Mercenaries game please.

[quote name='SynGamer']If they announce Fallout, I'll pre-order ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh I'd love a Fallout, or a Bioshock game.

[quote name='edison']Ohhh I'd love a Fallout, or a Bioshock game.[/QUOTE]

Well we know there is a Bioshock game in the pipeline from Irrational, but I'd certainly like to know more about it... Especially since all we know at the moment is that it exists.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']70 games in development already? Wow, clearly developera weren't that concerned about the Japanese sales numbers...[/QUOTE]They've been saying they learned alot from PSP there was too long of gaps between blockbuster titles. So their strategy is now to provide 3-5 titles per yr that are sure fire GH(it doesn't have to be a 1 million seller in 6 months but titles with track records that will get there). Sony is all in on the PSV so we will benefit.

[quote name='handsomepete']Agreed. It seems like the psn game quality has been really high thus far, so I can't complain about that. Also, am I the only one who hasn't had battery life issues? I usually play for the bulk of the evening and have yet to get lower than 50% capacity. Granted that's only like 3 or 4 hours straight, but I certainly expected worse.

Charging via the dock seems to take a really long time though. Anyhoo, looking forward to this event. My one wish is SSFIV AE just so I can have all of the fighting games I like available. Oh, and a better-than-the-3ds-version RE Mercenaries game please.[/QUOTE]I think there will be accessory announcement here too or worse case @ E3. 3rd party stuff will be here very very soon.

Agree on RE but I don't expect 1 till 2013 since RE6 & ORC are slated for 2012. Some people are already complaining that it's "too much RE" even the games are completely different & could attract different audiences. My best friend hate RE b/c you can't run & shoot so ORC will introduce him to the game & I like it all.

I think they'll announce a God of War game and either give FFX HD some screen shots or a release date. Pretty sure PS1 emulation will get an estimated release date in the near future too. A new Dissidia game that you can actually play online would be very nice but I doubt we'll see that.

If I made a wishlist of stuff I wanted to see, it would be a long one. But I think it will be primarily Japanese games that they're discussing (well, obviously, I guess) so I won't get my hopes up too much.

[quote name='Enuf']They've been saying they learned alot from PSP there was too long of gaps between blockbuster titles. So their strategy is now to provide 3-5 titles per yr that are sure fire GH(it doesn't have to be a 1 million seller in 6 months but titles with track records that will get there). Sony is all in on the PSV so we will benefit.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there certainly seems to be a constant stream of titles to keep people interested and buying. It'll be interesting to see how that strategy works rather than the typical launch and then absolutely nothing for 1-2 months. I know there's plenty to keep me buying.

The PSV lineup has been the best I've seen in a long time. Usually, there are a couple cool launch titles and then a painfully long wait for any good titles. I bought 3 retail Vita games, a PSN title, and a PSP title immediately at launch. There are already at least four retail games that I want between now and June. The fact that more are going to be announced plus the addition of PSone and more PSP games is just awesome. If Sony keeps up this pace, this will be my primary gaming system for at least a couple years.

I would really love a portable Portal game. Multiplayer would be ideal and they could incorporate some really great touch functions.

On a serious note, I think the lack of RPGs early on for the Vita launch is going to be addressed (and remedied?) by Sony at this event.

[quote name='SynGamer']On a serious note, I think the lack of RPGs early on for the Vita launch is going to be addressed (and remedied?) by Sony at this event.[/QUOTE]

Probably. I wish they'd release Tales of Innocence R over here already.

[quote name='handsomepete']Also, am I the only one who hasn't had battery life issues? I usually play for the bulk of the evening and have yet to get lower than 50% capacity. Granted that's only like 3 or 4 hours straight, but I certainly expected worse.[/QUOTE]

Seems to vary based on the game you're playing. When I was playing Uncharted: GA I'd have to plug it in after about 4 hours as it was creeping close to the redzone. Now I'm playing Rayman Origins and after three 2-3 hour gaming sessions I have 75% battery. Those are the only two games I've played so far, plus the demos of Dungeon Hunter and Unit 13. Then tomorrow morning I am picking up MLB 12 The Show which is one of the biggest reasons I got a Vita. Poor Hot Shot Golf was the first game I got and is sitting unopened and untouched :whistle2:(

As for announcements I hope if Namco isn't planning on it that Sony should take care of translating Tales of Innocence R. Same goes for Ragnarok. Get us at least 4-5 RPGs the first year since I think the RPG fans were the driving force of the PSP late in the game.

I've been waiting for this all week. I have an old fat 360, ipod touch and PSP that I can trade in for a Vita, I just want to be convinced I'm not going to regret it.

[quote name='Sonne']I've been waiting for this all week. I have an old fat 360, ipod touch and PSP that I can trade in for a Vita, I just want to be convinced I'm not going to regret it.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I would not trade in that many gadgets for a Vita. I feel that the trade in values are not only robbery crime, but borderline murder crime...

I would keep my other gadgets and just save up a bit more. It's just a tad longer til you get it, but you won't get murdered by the shops. :p

[quote name='XClaude']To be honest, I would not trade in that many gadgets for a Vita. I feel that the trade in values are not only robbery crime, but borderline murder crime...

I would keep my other gadgets and just save up a bit more. It's just a tad longer til you get it, but you won't get murdered by the shops. :p[/QUOTE]

Well, the iPod isn't even mine, my sister has a 360 S that I could use (and usually do because it's hooked up to the big family room tv) and why keep my PSP after upgrading? GS has deece deals going on right now with PUR, so my plan is to get it with as little out of pocket as possible, even though I can pay for it up front.

In any case, this whole thing was a dud for me because I don't care at all about Persona, Phantasy Star or Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi. I figured that would be the case with this webcast. (I do admit, I would get MGS on the VITA.)

But what was it that sold me on the Vita today, and what made me trade in that iPod (for $110)? Playing FIFA on a demo unit at Target. That sure was slick, the touch controls just work in that case.

I have been waiting all week for this and they only announced a handful of games. Nothing really excited me. PSO2 may be fun, but I am not in the market for another subscription game.

I guess this means they're saving ALOT for E3(Sorcery better be playable & a damn release date) & if they're going to have a whole Vita E3 fuss then there's needs to be some heavy hitting titles.

All I see in that article is editorializing and a quote that says they look at all opportunities even if they don't intend to actually explore them, which is as vague as it gets. They should post the interview so we can see what they actually said.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']All I see in that article is editorializing and a quote that says they look at all opportunities even if they don't intend to actually explore them, which is as vague as it gets. They should post the interview so we can see what they actually said.[/QUOTE]My guess is that will happen later in the week per

"Look for the full content of our exclusive hour-long sit down with Shannon Studstill later this week on IGN"

But you're a smart gamer there's no way a franchise like GOW won't be on vita. Right now developers aren't taking to many risks with new IP's & sticking with the "sellers". Pretty sure we'll see GOW IV in Sept. on PS3 per "rumors" which will probably be confirmed at E3. Maybe a huge reveal along with something regarding PSvita too.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307974

Where did I say it wouldn't happen? It's an obvious conclusion to make based on the way the PSP games did very well, so of course Sony will be looking to have another game on the Vita.

I'm not interested in discussing your rumor threads.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Where did I say it wouldn't happen? It's an obvious conclusion to make based on the way the PSP games did very well, so of course Sony will be looking to have another game on the Vita.

I'm not interested in discussing your rumor threads.[/QUOTE]I was referring to them posting the full interview.

bread's done
Back