Playstation vr Not live yet

So the Playstation VR Worlds demo/game doesn't come with the core kit, or does it?  I already have 2 move controllers, but no camera - so I'm kind of torn on which version to pick up.  I'll probably just go with Core and get a camera somewhere else - but wasn't sure about the game. 

So the Playstation VR Worlds demo/game doesn't come with the core kit, or does it? I already have 2 move controllers, but no camera - so I'm kind of torn on which version to pick up. I'll probably just go with Core and get a camera somewhere else - but wasn't sure about the game.
It comes with a "demo" disc which is essentially what VR worlds is so I don't know how they would strip it down further.

It comes with a "demo" disc which is essentially what VR worlds is so I don't know how they would strip it down further.
It's a bit confusing - here's what's on the "included" section from Best Buy. It lists the "demo" and Playstation VR Worlds separately.

• PlayStation VR Core Bundle: VR headset; processor unit; Stereo headphones
  • Cables: VR headset connection cable; HDMI cable; USB cable; AC power cord; AC adaptor
  • PlayStation VR Demo Disc
  • PlayStation Camera
  • 2 PlayStation Move motion controllers
  • PlayStation VR Worlds Game Disc

cool, I just got back from my local gamestop and they have NOT sold out. had 6 at my store and it sounded like I was one of the first to preorder (at noon). I'm going to cancel my online bestbuy order now.

I'm anxiously awaiting the the bby cancellation email and hopefully a $50 promo credit so I can use it to reduce my psvr core bundle price.

Ordered one from Bestbuy. If it gets cancelled, oh well, I'll just have to figure out some other way of getting it.

Getting no interest for 12 months using my BB card was what really made me pre-order it from here.

I guess the rationale to try GS and cancel BB is you do not have to pay for the whole thing up front (have charge bouncing around for 6mths) b/ I want my points.

I am pretty sure some people that preorder this bundle already have the moves controller and camera, they are just making sure they at least get a bundle reserved just in case they can't get the core bundle. They can cancel pretty easily with amazon and BB orders.
Exactly what I'm doing.

Missed it at Amazon.

Got one at Best Buy early on, (had to use Visa Checkout to get it to work, wouldn't let me progress otherwise.) Should get it launch day.

Got another at Wal-Mart since they were not charging tax, although they don't actually ship it until launch day. Are they likely to add the tax on to the order later? If not, it's totally worth waiting a couple of days to save ~$45 for me.

If Wal-Mart will add the tax on then I would go with Target to get the RedCard discount. Again, would have to wait a few days but would save ~$30.

Wal-Mart and Target both still have them.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/38662106

http://www.target.com/p/playstation-vr-launch-bundle/-/A-50985388

I guess the rationale to try GS and cancel BB is you do not have to pay for the whole thing up front (have charge bouncing around for 6mths) b/ I want my points.
for me I just didnt want to wait on bestbuy shipping. gamestop is close by my house, so I like to preorder from a store if possible. I hear ya though, it hurts to miss out on those points.

I don't need anything, but the headset so I am holding out for the 29th to lock in a pre-order. I hope I don't regret skipping this, I feel like the bundles will be more popular, but I have the camera and can just get move controllers when needed later. 

Pre order at GS was $100. Cancelled BB full price preorder. Already have camera and move controllers so I hope I can purchase just the headset on release.

I'm such a hypocrite. I pre ordered one just now on Bestbuy website although I swore up and down I that I wouldn't. I can always cancel and they won't charge my card until it ships in late October if I change my mind. Now, how am I going to smuggle this past the wife?

I wasn't expecting to be going for 1 grand more like 700-800
Being listed for that much doesn't mean they'll sell for that much. Also, listing some for a super high price (1000+) makes the others (700) seem more reasonable to the target audience they are going for.

out  of the available sites still available for preorder 

which don't charge till shipping and allow you to cancel down the line?

(BB charges when order is placed, so does walmart i believe, GS im not sure about. Wish i would've secured one at amazon but obviously those were gonna sell out while i was in class.)

I wanna have a preorder secure, but dont have the money for it atm (college student).

and i might cancel later once more on hands on reviews/ shop demos become available to see if its worth it at launch. 

Im leaning towards newegg, but the "no refund/returns" is making me hesitant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am starting to regret not just pre-ordering this today, but I want to hold out for just the headset on the 29th, I just hope I can get one in before they sell out. 

Do you guys think best buy will still compensate you if its not there on release day? I'm just wondering since this isn't a "one and done" release like they've had to compensate for in the past and will be produced for some time.

I was refreshing amazon but no luck. It said it was available but got kicked out of my cart. Seems 1-click purchase was a option too, even though they said it'd be disabled. Hopefully better luck next week. Got a order in a BB at 10:01am so that's my back up. Should be a decent amount of points if I decide to keep it.

500 Base
500 Double for GCU
125? My BB elite plus
750 My BB credit card

Is this correct?

I went to my local Gamestop after work and was the 3rd person to preorder. I think that $100 deposit is keeping scalpers away.

The sign on the door said 4 available, but the employees said they had 6.

Ordered one from BestBuy. At this stage, I'll open it up, play it for a while and sell it used having had my fun.

"REZ Infinity" might make me keep the damn thing. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...  Of to listen to "Rock is Sponge" from the soundtrack...

out of the available sites still available for preorder

which don't charge till shipping and allow you to cancel down the line?

(BB charges when order is placed, so does walmart i believe, GS im not sure about. Wish i would've secured one at amazon but obviously those were gonna sell out while i was in class.)

I wanna have a preorder secure, but dont have the money for it atm (college student).

and i might cancel later once more on hands on reviews/ shop demos become available to see if its worth it at launch.

Im leaning towards newegg, but the "no refund/returns" is making me hesitant.
BB does an authorization charge on credit cards, but it drops off.

BB does an authorization charge on credit cards, but it drops off.
Yea i figured that.

Just went ahead and got it from Newegg, if they dont fulfill my order at launch ill just wait till the second shipment and read impressions on it from non-journalists.

I just hope i dont get a defective unit since its an oled screen. It may end up getting "black smudges" on deep blacks.

newegg better allow a return it thats the case, idc what their product page says.

It was pretty painless for me to get one through Amazon surprisingly, but after hearing about the core set coming the 29th.  I might just try for that one and cancel this one later.

I was refreshing amazon but no luck. It said it was available but got kicked out of my cart. Seems 1-click purchase was a option too, even though they said it'd be disabled. Hopefully better luck next week. Got a order in a BB at 10:01am so that's my back up. Should be a decent amount of points if I decide to keep it.

500 Base
500 Double for GCU
125? My BB elite plus
750 My BB credit card

Is this correct?
It gets pretty complicated for sure. I had the option to do 12 months no interest or 6% cash back which would be $30 or another 1500 points.

It gets pretty complicated for sure. I had the option to do 12 months no interest or 6% cash back which would be $30 or another 1500 points.
Good point I did pick the 6% cash back. So would that be added on or is that part of the points I laid out? I wouldn't even be upset to get $70 back in points right before black Friday. In the past 12 months, I've used over $380 in reward points on purchases.

Shipping still available @ bb. bought the camera black fri week for $15 with the coupon so I'll buy the headset by itself. Hopefully the lone headset will be a black fri deal later this yr. 👏

Do you guys think best buy will still compensate you if its not there on release day? I'm just wondering since this isn't a "one and done" release like they've had to compensate for in the past and will be produced for some time.
I hope so. if it doesn't go oos before the core release, probably unlikely. still going to hold onto my preorder until mid sept. hopefully bby send out promo credits...

i'm definitely getting psvr core next week tho...

They gave me a $20 gift card for delaying my Fire Emblem Fates from a Friday release date to a Monday delivery

Anybody have a recommendation on a really good headset/headphones that will compliment the vr headset? Preorder done now just to wait on October lol

Amazon is putting more bundles up for sale today (Thursday) at 5:00 PM EST/2:00 PM PST:

Additional VR Availability: Good news! We've received additional allocation of the PlayStation VR Launch Bundle, and it will become available to pre-order again starting Thursday March 24, at 2:00 PM PDT. Quantities are still limited so please act quickly for your best chance at reserving your PlayStation VR.

bread's done
Back