Please advise on cellphone plan

chunk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I need a service that meets the following requirements:
1. Good coverage in NYC, DC, and everywhere in between.
2. Ability to hook it up to my laptop and access the internet.

Please recommend a service and please tell me where to get the best deal. If not then perhaps someone could suggest a plan of attack for finding a good deal on a service that meets the above qualifications.

[quote name='dracula']get virgin wireless

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/catalog/phoneDetail.do?skuId=VMKE47

here is a relatively cheap phone $25 shipped.
they are the only company that do not make you sign up for a monthly plan, it is pay as you go.

most of the big companies like at&t or verizon want to lock you in for a year or 2 years. that is bullshit. get virgin wireless.[/QUOTE]

I don't care about pay as you go. I don't mind signing up for two years as long as:
1. There is good coverage in NYC, DC, and everywhere in between.
2. I can connect it to my laptop to access the internet.
3. I get a cheapass deal.

Try amazon.com
Alot of phones are free after MIR. And you can just type in your zip to see what kind of coverage you'll get. I got my phone and service (T-Mobile) from Amazon. The phone was free, and the contract was only for 1 year.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Try amazon.com
Alot of phones are free after MIR. And you can just type in your zip to see what kind of coverage you'll get. I got my phone and service (T-Mobile) from Amazon. The phone was free, and the contract was only for 1 year.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but advertised coverage and actual coverage aren't always the same. I'll check out Amazon, but can anyone else offer more specific advice?

bread's done
Back