Please confirm these newegg parts are compatible

Koggit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm pretty paranoid right now but I'm wanting to buy right now these.. please please help fast and I'll love you hard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.241299 (combo of PC, motherboard, videocard, ram)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.245577 (combo PCI wifi card and antenna)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136320 (HDD)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144162 (case)

which, spelled out for your reading convenience (and priced [after rebates/split combo savings] to help in suggestions of alternative items) is:

$51 - Intel Pentium E5300
$46 - ECS G41T-M(2.0) mATX mobo
$38 - GeForce 9400 GT Low Profile Ready
$23 - Kingston 2GB DDR2
$20 - ENCORE PCI draft-n wifi card
$20 - Rosewill High Gain Antenna
$59 - WD Caviar Black 500GB
$55 - APEVIA MicroATX Desktop Computer Case 420W Power Supply
-----
$313

i feel like the price is amazing and I wanna buy ASAP before they sell out. but are there any conflicts? every single item is retail, they all say (retail) in the item name, but will I need anything else, like an SATA cable, or do the cables come with the motherboard and stuff? i dont wanna receive a package from newegg with all the components only to find out I can't assemble the computer because I have to order a cable. I wanna make sure it has everything I need when I order and I feel like I'm missing something(s).

also, i don't really get the difference between SATA and SATA2. I couldn't find a single DVD drive that was SATA2 for some reason... it says the motherboard has four SATA2 connections so it'd seem easiest to do that for both the hdd and optical drive.

also, if I want it to be really quiet should I switch from the stock fan?

I'm probably writing more annoyingly than usual considering it's 4:30am after a night of not-sober but please help I need to buy these things, my old crapper Dell cant even sync with my iphone because of no USB2.0 which I was trying to do so I could tether it because the network card on this pc sucks balls. that's how badly i need a new pc. i wanna order this stuff asap. pleeease lovable computer geeks of the interweb answer my call

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Koggit']and I don't really understand newegg's description of the case specs as--

Expansion
External 5.25" Drive Bays 2
External 3.5" Drive Bays 1
Internal 3.5" Drive Bays 2
Expansion Slots 4

What does that even MEAN?! how can it have external expansion? I dont get it... does this mean it has three 3.5" bays or just one? because I know it has two 5.25" bays internally I can see them right there in the picture... I dunno... I'd like to get multiple HDDs if there's more than one 3.5" bay.[/QUOTE]

External 5.25x2 - This is the two large slots you see on the front for media drives (CD/DVD/BRD/etc) or large multi-card expansions.

External 3.5x1 - This is the one below those two that can house a floppy drive or a small multi-card expansion.

Internal 3.5x2 - The amount of internal slots that hold 3.5 drives, ie desktop hard drives. (The motherboard only comes with one SATA connector though. Sometimes media drives will come with their connector type, HDD's usually don't come with any as they're almost always OEM from newegg.)

Expansion Slotsx4 - These are the four slots on the back that PCI/PCI-E compnents fit through so you can connect them to other things on your PC, such as a video or sound card.

[quote name='Koggit']what's low profile ready mean?[/QUOTE]

As for the low profile, there are two types:

Low Profile - "Half height" video cards. They're built to fit MicroATX cases, but come with no extra stuff to put it into a normal ATX case.

Low Profile Ready - These cards will come with brackets to be able to fit them in either type of case.

^^ Not the best explanation, but I think it should suffice.

Oh and don't forget any drives you want to add, such as a DVD drive since it wasn't on the list. You might also need to purchase an Operating System disk unless you have one already or want to use Linux. I don't know a whole lot about PC wi-fi cards since I generally don't deal with them. Otherwise I'd say that your video card is low end and shouldn't be used for any newer games or serious video/graphic editing purposes.

I'd still wait for a second opinion at least too.

Thanks a ton Draekon - that clears up my main concerns. I now understand what they mean internal/external -- it must refer to whether there's external access to the bay or internal access only, makes sense. Awesome.

I updated the OP a little (removed the questions Draekon answered and updated my HDD choice). If anyone could give a second opinion before tomorrow morning (so that I could order early & it'd ship out tomorrow) that'd be awesome.

update: just purchased the above items.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations. The combo deals are no longer available now from what I'm seeing. But everything looks compatible. $330 is quite a nice price.
Enjoy building it.

bread's done
Back