Please don't flame me, but I DESPISE the day after Thanksgiving.

T234

CAGiversary!
Am I the only one?

I always didn't like it, but this year is worse.

As I will be in my department ALONE FOR THE LAST THREE HOURS.

When I worked retail I found the busy days actually went by super fast.

Just be glad your department isnt sexy lingerie for the morbidly obese woman.

Unfortunately, it's a photo lab on the I-64 corridor so it is fat naked redneck central.

Thats not too bad. A photo lab can't get that crazy. There are much worse retail situations to be in. But I agree 100%, its a waste of time. I find it pathetic that people will start to like up at Best Buy at NOON on thanksgiving day.

I worked at Abercrombie one year for the day after Thanksgiving winter sales + New Years Day and that was complete Hell. Mostly because the people from across the border step into the store, snap their fingers and demand one of every article of clothing in every size. New Years Day was worse because 8 people called in (hangovers/still drunk/in jail) and some of us got stuck working from 8am-9pm.

I seriously doubt a photo lab is that bad. There were times where you couldn't even move in the store without bumping into someone, or stepping on a child.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Thats not too bad. A photo lab can't get that crazy. There are much worse retail situations to be in. But I agree 100%, its a waste of time. I find it pathetic that people will start to like up at Best Buy at NOON on thanksgiving day.[/quote]
The morning rush is almost as bad as electronics (we handle cameras and camera accessories too), and in the afternoon HUGE amounts of people bring in pictures. When you have people helping, this can be handled. And my problem is that I won't. On black friday, I will be responsible for the printing, packaging, pricing, and selling of over 3,000 4x6's by myself within three hours. It CAN get that crazy.

Nevposey, The fucked-up thing is that it was my cousin.

*****, if you are reading this, PLEASE TELL ME I READ THAT SCHEDULE WRONG.

Last year for black friday I worked at best buy in the home theater department. We have 4 people total to work, so we each worked all day long. We all had 21 hour shifts after we had to get there at 3am and close later that night.

I do feel sorry for retail workers who have to work on Black Friday. Just wash down a Valium with your morning coffee, and you should be fine.:D

I totally despise Black Friday and it's totally rooted in my years working at Target. It's not just that I worked almost everyone one of those days for 7 years, it's that I've seen the darkest side of people. The greed and entitlement so many people have that day is astonishing. They may not be like that 364 days a year, but it's quite alarming that they become ravenous ghouls for these sales. Ever since then, I've been totally jaded about the "Christmas Spirit."

[quote name='captainfrizo']My brother is a supervisor at Circuit City and he's absolutely dreading Black Friday.[/quote]

If I worked at Circuit City, I would be dreading losing my job.

---

I don't partake in the Black Friday madness. You see, I value my well-being.

Ugh. Black Friday. I honestly consider people who go out into that madness to be incredibly brave.

... Of course, Custer was pretty brave too.

I feel for you. This will be the first time in 8 years I haven't worked black Friday. My retail days are over, I don't miss it one bit.
My family wants to go out on Friday, but I really don't want to be one of those people..

Why exactly? Because of the overcrowded stores? If so, then that is why I shop online!

....and I let my mommy and daddy buy me underwear and food. :(

[quote name='Chase']
I don't partake in the Black Friday madness. You see, I value my well-being.[/quote]

This is why I keep a set of brass knuckles on my desk... incase of horrendous shopping day, shove into sock.

[quote name='rodeojones903'] I find it pathetic that people will start to like up at Best Buy at NOON on thanksgiving day.[/quote]
I just went to Best Buy like 30 minutes ago to pick up a new router and hard drive, and there were already people camping out. Someone had a tent set up, and there was someone sitting next to it in a chair.

[quote name='lmz00']I just went to Best Buy like 30 minutes ago to pick up a new router and hard drive, and there were already people camping out. Someone had a tent set up, and there was someone sitting next to it in a chair.[/quote]

Already? I wonder what sale they're after.

I wish I COULD go to Black Friday. Every year it's the same old "go to xxx's house (out of state), not get back till like 9, parent's don't feel like driving down for a half hour to wait at the mall"

I'm waiting so much for the day we have Thanksgiving at my house.

The only thing I am concerned about the day after thanksgiving is how my body will react to the huge calorie intact from all the stuff I ate the night before.

^ Same, I hate November - March, since amusement parks are closed then (which is difficult since I go on a weekly basis when parks are open), the cold weather, it getting dark early and I really hate the whole holiday season (especially the music, hearing the same songs 3+ times a day for 6 weeks is killer).

I especially hate Black Friday. I don't work in a store that has any doorbuster deals or any special sales at all so it isn't that crowded but I just hate the whole cocnept. Thankfully I am working 2nd shift so while everyone else is going crazy over some not so great deals, I'll be sleeping. First, it's not like the deals are any good. I didn't see 1 great video game deal that compares to the clearance deals we can find all year from CC, TRU, Sears or KMart.

I also hate getting up early and crowds, I prefer shopping during off hours when I am one of the few people in the store.

I love the day after Thanksgiving: leftover turkey and stuffing, watching movies, leftover pie. Repeat.

fuck shopping.

I hate it for the spirit of the so-called "holiday". Come on, the day that those of you who actually brave these stores look forward to out of the entire year is based on greed and materialism. Call me annoying or hypocritical or what have you, but the entire thing is ludicrous.

Edit: I do like the leftovers however :3

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gourd']Ugh. Black Friday. I honestly consider people who go out into that madness to be incredibly brave.

... Of course, Custer was pretty brave too.[/quote]

I was about to argue you're description of them as "brave" until I saw your Custer reference, which made me chuckle and applaud you're cleverness.

[quote name='lmz00']I just went to Best Buy like 30 minutes ago to pick up a new router and hard drive, and there were already people camping out. Someone had a tent set up, and there was someone sitting next to it in a chair.[/quote]

That would be perfect... Some year (not this one) I want to deep fry a turkey for thanksgiving, but you need a lot of pavement/concrete so you don't burn anything down. A large bestbuy parking lot would be awesome. Then I could sell my spot on line to someone who gets there at midnight to learn all those $3 TV spots are taken and make some cash too. I wonder if they'd set up a TV outside for me so I could watch football while I fry the turkey (I'll share with employees).

The only reason I hate the day after Thanksgiving this year is because I have work. Hopefully there won't be many people in the office though.

I just buy everything I really need from home and wait for it. Easier than wrestling 300.lb soccer moms for $2 dvd's I'll never watch.

I hate black friday because they make "sales", and lots of times these sales aren't even that big. Like I'm seeing ads for JCPenny and Kohls and they are opening at 4am..:rofl:

I can't see myself waiting in line, in the cold, for a few hours JUST to save like $30.

If and when I see something extravagant, like an awesome HDTV or a PC/Laptop sale..that's different. Getting a good deal and saving like $400 is worth it. But most of the time, it's NOT.

I will be involved in Amazons sale, though. There are def a few really good deals and all it requires is me staying awake in my apartment..so.. \\:D/

bread's done
Back