Please HELP me bring back my favorite videogame show! The Game Room!

C_A

CAGiversary!
In the year 1999 I was blessed with an informative, funny, and unique online review show, "The Game Room." Despite only lasting from October of 1999 to November of 2000, The Game Room made 70 episodes, reviewing games from the Atari 2600 all the way to the Sega Dreamcast (which was current at the time). As of November 10, 2006, they are seeing if there is interest to come back. Well I'm here to tell you, "Yes, there is."

This show is excellent for nostalgia whores, plus they'll hit up all the new games from the next-gen consoles. I cannot think of any other shows that have done this. Not in 2000, and even now.

Please watch the official promotional video on youtube, and leave comments that you want this show to come back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USa5XLSIUzI

These guys hit everything. Classic games. New games (circa 2000). They will be making more reviews for games, both new (PS3, Wii, XBOX360) and old (2600, NES, Genesis, PS1) if there's enough response. No game from any era is safe from scrutiny.

Just a small example of what they've tackled.

X-Men for the Sega Genesis
Resident Evil: Code Veronica for Dreamcast
Contra for NES
Combat! for the 2600
Bionic Commando for the NES
Robotron 2084 for the 7800
Joust for the 7800
Soul Calibur for Dreamcast
Chu Chu Rocket! for Dreamcast
Streets of Rage for Genesis
Frogger for 2600
Pac-Man for 2600
Crazy Taxi for Dreamcast
Wu Tang Shaolin Style for Playstation

We still need more views and more comments on the youtube site. I am just flatout begging for your help. Chances are, seven years ago, some of you were watching this show every single week like I did. Remember The Game Room. Please help them.

Reworded the entire post for easier reading. Now you actually know what the hell I'm talking about I think. I babble a lot.

Thanks very much to anyone that has watched the video so far. I've done almost everything in my power to generate enough views to bring this show back. Please post more comments on youtube. Thanks!

i wish theyd bring back that show Video Power. man i could watch that show for hours wishing it was me doing the videogame store run. sucks that most fo those kids never went for the big ticket items like consoles they usually only got 80 or 90 bucks worth of games missing the really big prizes. hell i dont get why in this day and age when gaming is so huge there isnt a videogame game show of some type. and not liek that lame arena i mean a show where console gaming is the focal point.

There is someone selling VHS tape copies 44 episodes of Video Power, before and after it became a competition show. If CAG plays a HUGE role in brining back the Game Room, I would gladly fork over the $47, digitize the episodes, and put them up on youtube

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Why did you link the same Youtube video six times? I think one would suffice.[/QUOTE]

You would be surprised. Reduced to one link, but enlarged.

[quote name='iheartmetal']Nick Arcade is the best, youre in the game!![/QUOTE]

I started recording this show on my DVR since it comes on at around 3 in the morning (or, at least it used to). I've come to realize the show was not that great and I only fast-forwarded to watch the person play a Neo-Geo game for 30 seconds.

I think some kid got really pissed off when he chose to play King of the Monsters and it looked like he wasn't used to the Neo-Geo version.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']Not to be offensive this show might be promoting violece no is promoting violence.[/QUOTE]

I find that offensive! In no way would this show condone or promote violence!

[quote name='C_A']I find that offensive! In no way would this show condone or promote violence![/quote]

ha! I like the little hidden link there ;)

[quote name='lokizz']i wish theyd bring back that show Video Power. man i could watch that show for hours wishing it was me doing the videogame store run. sucks that most fo those kids never went for the big ticket items like consoles they usually only got 80 or 90 bucks worth of games missing the really big prizes. hell i dont get why in this day and age when gaming is so huge there isnt a videogame game show of some type. and not liek that lame arena i mean a show where console gaming is the focal point.[/quote]

Irony! I thought this thread might actually have been about Video Power. I use to watch that as a kid, sadly it was on always on early morning, like 6:30am. The kids in the final were always morons, either grabbing crap games or multiples of a few, I'd grab everything I could in a row, save time! BTW, some of the questions on that show made no sense, or atleast the writers for the question were stupid.

example: (plays mario 3 song) "What game does this music belong to?" kid A: "castlevania?" CORRECT!!!! WTF?

[quote name='Dark Zero']

Irony! I thought this thread might actually have been about Video Power. I use to watch that as a kid, sadly it was on always on early morning, like 6:30am. The kids in the final were always morons, either grabbing crap games or multiples of a few, I'd grab everything I could in a row, save time! BTW, some of the questions on that show made no sense, or atleast the writers for the question were stupid.
[/QUOTE]

I'll be looking out for this when I buy the episodes.

For an Internet show that we can stream threw BSplayer or VLC this could be a hit
but for a television show sucks balls and needs to die now. Think about it Game room could just be some guys reviewing games at there chair and when the show was over weo could watch them age into tators they are.

[quote name='TheOneGod']For an Internet show that we can stream threw BSplayer or VLC this could be a hit
but for a television show sucks balls and needs to die now. Think about it Game room could just be some guys reviewing games at there chair and when the show was over weo could watch them age into tators they are.[/QUOTE]

It was never a television show, nor will it ever be. It's strictly online. I mean, even the opening dialogue from the promo says it was broadcast on the internet.

Edited OP anyway to emphasize this.

1000 views!

Gems get buried quick on youtube, so this is a pleasant surprise.

Obviously we're getting somewhere.

I was hoping to get around 10,000 hits, but it's just fuckin hard to get something to the front page on digg (unless you game the system like the top contributors).

1000 views in 6 days may not be a milestone for youtube, but it was definitely more interest than they were expecting. After all, when you look at some of the competition, The Game Room promo is doing much, much better than expected.

The Game Room doesn't quite have the viral marketing pitch as other shows, but once they get more content up I'm sure the viewership will grow exponentially.

By the way I do enjoy this struggling show, but only for the nostalgia and how reminiscent it is of GamePro TV. It's still a really bad show. It'd be good if you gave the guy a pat on the back and watched his 30 minute show at least one time.

We still need more views and more comments on the youtube site. Help me, please!

[quote name='Dark Zero']ha! I like the little hidden link there ;)[/quote]

I have since realized that this clip is detrimental to promoting The Game Room and have taken down the clip. Although I did receive a ton of positive response on some sites, I also received a ton of negative responses from most other sites. Glad you enjoyed it though!

Should I just simplify this topic? Many people on IGN & GameFAQs complain about more than 5 sentences hurting their head.

Example post revision:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USa5XLSIUzI

Random Insanity arrives at 00:32.

This online video game show was insane and damaged my childhood. Go to youtube and your views will impact this show coming back.

Youtube. Game Room. View it plz thx.

Me neither. I think I'll just word it that way for those two sites and leave it as is on the others (unless they get progressively dumber. TradeGamesNow is repeatedly hitting the "dumb" button atm)

Banned from IGN. Pity, I was getting positive responses until the 10,000+ post elitists trampled in.

bread's done
Back