Please help me choose a MMORPG!

Yes I bought SWG, Guild Wars, and WoW. I played SWG for a total 0f 3 hours, and stopped (its boring). Guild Wars is sitting on the shelf, and WoW is my crack. Its awesome.

Pick up WoW. It's probably the funnest MMO out there, at least IMHO. I liked Blizzard games, but wasn't really a fanboy, but that game made me a believer. There's tons of things to do and if you get bored just attack people in the other faction.. good times :D

I've also played Guild Wars and I'll say that it's a great game also. Best part of it is that it's free. Just get into a good guild and the game gets really fun as you wreak (sp?) havoc in the Arena.

I recommended SWG on page 2 of this thread, but since the NGE was implemented the game has gotten pretty bad and tons of players have quit. One of the things that really attracted me to the game was the deep profession system where you could mix/match skills as you pleased, and change them up whenever you wanted. Now they have dumbed the game down to only 9 professions, there's no skill mixing and you can't change your profession once you've chosen it. No longer can I be a crafter and do combat...that alone was enough for me to quit.

My next MMORPG will most likely be Lord of the Rings Online, none of others really interest me. Out of the current MMORPGs available, WoW would probably be what I'm looking for but I'm concerned the community may be a bit immature judging by some of my friends' kids that play and some of the stories I've heard. I may give the trial a shot just to see though.

I have many MMORPGs starting back with UO and played AC,EQlive,DAOC,earth & beyond, AC2,FF11,Gate to heaven, Knight Online, COH, Eq2,WOW, GW, DDO (Stres test). Guild wars is not really a MMO, its more of a hack and slash online with a huge PVP focus, Not much content for RP tho. WOW didn 't thrill me much after all the rave reviews i read Its not the change of MMO that EQlive was. SWG current has a 10 free trail, I played it before CU its a very open ended game, now its changed.

[quote name='Vinny']I'd go with Guild Wars. One thing that always drew me off of MMORPGs are the damn fees and they can really add up (you'll pay around $150 at year for World of Warcraft). Sure Guild Wars isn't the best MMORPG but it's damn good... and that's not taking fees into consideration, that just sweetens the deal.[/QUOTE]

When you compare the number of updates World of Warcraft has gotten, compared to Guild Wars, you see where that $15 a month is going to, and I'll gladly pay per month for the amount of stuff they cram into the game every two months or so.

bread's done
Back