Please help!!! My xbox 360 will not play original xbox games...

Ricebowl78

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a new xbox arcade and a new 120 gb hdd. I transferred over all my stuff from my previous 20 gb hdd to the new one. However, whenever I try to play original xbox games I get an error message saying" The game could not start. Please download the game again."

I googled and called microsoft but could not find a solution. I tried formatting the hdd, clearing the cache on hdd (x, x, lb, rb, x, x), updated the console with backward compatibility filed from microsoft's website but nothing works. Has anyone had similar problems? Please help, I will forever in our debt. Thank you.

you need to connect your xbox to live and update your dsahboard are you still using the old blade one?

or you can go to the xbox website and download a file burn it on a cd and install it to your xbox

what the hell? every system is backwards compatible as long as you have a hard drive. where are you guys getting this "arcade's aren't backwards compatible" junk? Plug in a hard drive, Connect to Live or download the update through XBox.com, make sure your game is on the list on XBox.com, and you're good to go.

[quote name='Scorch']what the hell? every system is backwards compatible as long as you have a hard drive. where are you guys getting this "arcade's aren't backwards compatible" junk? Plug in a hard drive, Connect to Live or download the update through XBox.com, make sure your game is on the list on XBox.com, and you're good to go.[/QUOTE]
no, they are not.
attachment.php

Notice under game compatibility under arcade doesn't list "over 300 xbox games"

Yeah. There's no change in the internal system parts regarding backwards compatibility over the three different SKUs. Once you buy a hard drive, it will play them fine.

Unless something changed recently Arcades should be able to play BC games just fine. The hard drive is the key to backward compatibility, not the system version.

Did you by any chance buy your hard drive off of eBay? Apparently a lot of the 360 hard drives sold on eBay aren't official Microsoft drives (people put laptop drives in the 360 HD case) and these hacked drives lack the necessary partitions to be able to play BC games. They might look brand new and seem legit, but you can never be 100% sure what you're buying on eBay.

There is discussion about this here: http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=622749&page=2 and here: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1017376.html.

Hi Everyone and thanks for all the reply.

I know how BC works and I understand that even arcade xbox 360 has BC with hdd attached. I did get the 120 gb hdd used and will check to see if it is bootleg or corrupt. Thanks again for all the help.

Yes, people, Scorch and the others who say that arcade systems do play originals are correct. My old system was stolen, but I still had the HDD, luckily. I replaced it with an aracde system, and I can play originals just fine.

Man wtf? Lazy fake hard drive makers! That sucks. Well tomorrow I'll test if there are such things as lazy 20 gig hard drive makers (is that even profitable?) and will try a XBox original game on my Wife's arcade. Sucks for the OP.

bread's done
Back