Please help... Need game sales rankings.

onapartyrock

CAGiversary!
My boss wants me to get a list of the top selling games in the USA as my company is looking at redoing our videogame department and I'm the only real game player in the office. I've got no idea where to look for a list I can source that is not a company that sells games.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to recommend among other things, CAG discounts and a Gamer's Club for discounts and feebies. Can't post the company name (yet) as that would be me terminated.

Thanks for any help on where to get a sales ranking.

Best to go a layer deeper to the sources used for any information in wikipedia. If possible.

Everytime I see a sales chart it always seems to reference that the data is via NPD. I believe you have to pay for the information, but since this seems to be a pretty important task for your company they may very well be willing to pay.

http://www.npdfunworld.com/funServlet?nextpage=categories_video.html

I don't know if they have data on all time lists or not and have no idea how much they charge. My advice would be to contact them with exactly what you want (i.e. all time best sellers or best sellers per year, or what.) and see if they have that info and can give you a price. Then tell your boss you can go with semi-official numbers from wiki for free or pay for numbers backed by good data.

bread's done
Back