78 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm
(Homepage)

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm/page/faq/
(LionGames.com FAQ)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137095
(Old Thread)

http://www.liongames.com/preorder-august07.cfm
(New August Deals: Ace Combat 6, Guitar Hero 3 Bundle, Guitar Hero 3 Game, Super Mario Galaxy

FAQ

EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL!!!!! If you want to change anything or ask a question PLEASE EMAIL TONY.
[email protected]
[email protected]

0) How fast is the shipping?
He sends out via usps or ups. First class mail-$5. Usually arrives in three days, sometimes more. Priority mail- $6.50. Usually arrives in 2 days, sometimes three. UPS-$8. I honestly dont know how long this one takes
If you buy two games that get shipped together he automatically upgrade to priority.

1) When will games like GTA 4 and Halo 3 ship out?
Both of those games will ship on or one day before street date because they are street dated titles which means I(Tony) should have mine at least one day early. I would pay for priority mail. It is fairly quick. As fast as two day cross country sometimes.

2) When I trade in games to lower the price, will I get the trade in credit as well?
Yes. Not only do you get the trade in credit, you will also get the lower price depending on the number of trades(Limit three per game to lower the price). Games must be worth at least $10 trade in credit. Basically, you get the lowered price and store credit

3) Is this site reputable?
Yes. There have been two threads each reaching 30+ pages and many people have bought used and new games from him. Everyone has been happy with their purchases. If something does go wrong, you can email Tony and he will help you to make your purchase better.

4) How are these considered deals if the shipping is $5
Ok. First there is NO tax. That saves you about $4. Then if you trade in games towards your purchase it will lower the price $5 more(if they are worth $10). Used games are about $20 below EB/GS for newer games. So at $5 saveings per game if you bought 5 games a year thats at least $30 savings

5) Where does Tony ship from?

Lion Games
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098

Phone: 860-738-4336

Email: [email protected]

6) How can liongames.com make money with such low prices?
Instead of advertising, Tony is offering lowered prices and excellent customer service in hopes that you will come back and tell others via forum or word of mouth. He mainly makes money on used games and he has an actual store in CT to further bring in money

7) Who are you? I've never heard of LionGames.com

LionGames.com is a subsidiary of Age of Video II located in Torrington and Winsted Conn. The addresses are as follows:

Age of Video II
1151 Main Street
Torrington, CT 06790
860-496-1798

Age of Video II
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098
860-738-4336

We have been running Age of Video II in Torrington from 1987-present and our Winsted store 1991-present. As you can see we are no strangers to the retail environment.

8) I have purchased game(s) and sold game(s) on the same invoice. What happens now?
Since the game(s) you sold us reduced the total of your invoice, we cannot send you your game(s) until we received the game(s) you sold to us. Mail your games as quickly as possible to.

Lion Games
120 Willow street
Winsted CT

9) I want to buy a game(s) and sell you a game(s) and I want the game(s) I buy right away.
In this case do 2 separate invoices. One for the purchases and one for the game(s) you are selling us. This way we don’t have to wait for your games to get to us before we send you the one you purchased.

10) Am I allowed to trade in so many games that Lion Games will owe me money?
Sure!!! You can even just sell us games without buying one yourself. If you want to sell us more then 10 games, shoot us an email first.

11) Will I be guaranteed the price Lion Games quoted me for my game?
As long as you represent the game condition that you are selling us accurately, we guarantee the price we quoted you on our website. Lion Games noticed some of our competitors have reserved their right to reduce the game(s) after they’ve received the game(s), if they feel the market has changed. We don’t do that. We also don’t put bogus prices on our website. We take a straight forward no nonsense approach to doing business. The only other thing we ask is for you to mail your game(s) to us within 5 business days.

12) An example of a trade-in scenario:

Metroid Prime is $34.99 with 2 trade-ins

Trade in Shadowrun for $25 and Fantastic 4 for $15 would give you $40 credit.

MP is $34.99 (with 2 trades) + $6.50 USPS priority - $40 credit would leave you with a balance due of $1.49.

13)When do I pay off my balance?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is about one month from the release date. Tony will send out an email stating when certain deals are ending and when your balance will need to be payed off

14) How do I upgrade my shipping?

If anyone wants to upgrade their shipping from first class to priority then you can just paypal me $1.50 to [email protected] Please include your invoice number in the comment section. It is $1.50 per game. Also after i make the change your invoice will still read first class but the amount that you actaully paid will be different and the amount paid for shipping is what i look at when i determine first class or priority.

Tony I hope you dont mind that I took some answers and question from your site

mail came and went again....still no bioshock. tony is usually great at responding to email, but I've mailed him and heard nothing back. I went out and bought the game at walmart. When I ordered super paper mario from him it got here in 3 days.

[quote name='majorscud']mail came and went again....still no bioshock. tony is usually great at responding to email, but I've mailed him and heard nothing back. I went out and bought the game at walmart. When I ordered super paper mario from him it got here in 3 days.[/quote]

Yes something happened with Bio shock, everything I ever ordered came in 3 or 4 days full week now and the game is lost I also bought it for full retail at best buy today, I have a feeling Tony is busy with many emails, I'm sure he is working on a solution, but I'm not happy. Somehow this got screwed up on his end.

No bioshock in western IL. have been patient so far but wondering where the heck my game is. Sent first email to Liongames today regarding the no-show purchase. Hopefully I'll have a response.

No bioshock here as well. (suburb of Chicago)

I actually went last Wednesday and bought a copy. I am a school teacher and last week was my last free week and wanted to get some hours into the game before going back to work.

[quote name='dondondondondondon']Look slickdeal nobody wants to see you posting unless you are helping by answering questions. You sticking up for tony does absolutly nothing. You are not accomplishing jack by criticizing the complaints of many frustrated(and rightly so) gamers who have yet to receive a game. For whatever reason these people have yet to receive a game thatthey preordered, which shows that they want a copy of the game enough to guarantee a quick copy, and they have every right to post valid complaints and concerns. Regardless of whose fault it is this whole situation is a black eye upon liongames who were counting on his bioshock deal to be a gateway into futher purchases. Bitching to other people is not going to alter the opinions of anyone.[/QUOTE]

would you kindly use the enter button? thx.

(ne1 see whut i did thar? oh right, no game yet...sorry :) )

USPS is gonna deliver it tomorrow. I just know it.

At least I get to keep playing DiRT. I probably should finish The Darkness, too.

Anyone get shipment confirmation for Metroid yet?

edit: nm, just saw he's shipping it Thursday

I think it is safe to say there is some kind of a problem with some orders. It was very alarming to me to find out as of Monday night when 2 connecticut customers didnt receive their games. I called the Winsted post office Tuesday morning to find out the postmaster is on vacation. I did speak to the supervisor and he couldn't tell me much except to call the business developement team. I did that, and called a guy there I spkoe to a week beofre bioshock came out. When he didn't call me back in two hours I called again to find out he was on the road but that person will leave him a voice mail. I left about 2:30 yesterday to go see the Yankees/Redsox game. When I got home at midnight the guy from the post office did call me back but said he will be out of the office on wednesday and will call me thursday morning. I got up again today and called the Winsted supervisor and he made a few phones call for me. He contacted a few people who were suppose to get in contact with me but when I called him back today I found out he put the wrong phone number for me on an email that got sent out. He corrected it but I never heard anything more today. I am sure I will talk to that person tommorow but i am not confident I will get any real answers. All I can say is that I will continue trying to the best of my ability. I have to answer many emails, I have plenty of disappointed customers, needless to say I am sorry. I think this is most likely some kind of USPS problem but I am leaving an open mind that maybe I screwed up somehow without knowing it. As far as I know I did everything i needed to do on this end. Every piece went out no later then last wednesday. If and when I find out anything I will continue to post it here.

Tony

No Bioshock in Dallas today. I called Usps and they told me they have no info on where my package might be headed, and they have no way of getting that info. Kinda shitty system, but whatever. All the people bitching about Tony need to STFU. He held up his end through all the problems. My package say Acceptance so I know it exists and that Tony sent it when he said he did. I know it's only just now been 7 days, I'm just pissy cause I know how badass this game is, and someone a few miles away got it atleast 3 days before me. Glad to hear things are looking up for Tigerclaws though. I'd buy it at the store right now but I'm broke. Suckage. The only thing Tony could do about this is go to where he mailed them and physically pull their heads out of their asses to figure out what happened.

Thanks for the update Tony, I think it's pretty obvious that this is on USPS's end and we appreciate your diligence.

So I just happened to float by the USPS website to try and check on Bioshock, in what I thought was a futile search. Much to my surprise I got this:

Label/Receipt Number: XXXXX

Your item was processed and left our DALLAS, TX 75398 facility on August 29, 2007. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

So now the question remains: why did an item sent from Conneticut, being shipped to Maryland, go to Dallas, Texas???
If Bioshock flies like a bunny in a forest fire and gets to me in 48hrs, at least it will get to the correct address. If not...well, then, I may never see it, considering my previous experience with Montgomery County USPS offices.

No Bioshock for me today either. If it is truely a USPS issue then they need to be held accountable by none other than Tony. If this happened to me in my job my head wold be on a platter and I would be demanding answers and restituion from the Postmaster. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

If the issue is as wide spread as it seems Tony could be losing 100's of customers. I for one will cancel my proe-order for Mass Effect and would suggest to Tony to not offer USPS 1st class shipping anymore. This is strictly business.

[quote name='Evil Herbivore']So I just happened to float by the USPS website to try and check on Bioshock, in what I thought was a futile search. Much to my surprise I got this:

Label/Receipt Number: XXXXX

Your item was processed and left our DALLAS, TX 75398 facility on August 29, 2007. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

So now the question remains: why did an item sent from Conneticut, being shipped to Maryland, go to Dallas, Texas???
If Bioshock flies like a bunny in a forest fire and gets to me in 48hrs, at least it will get to the correct address. If not...well, then, I may never see it, considering my previous experience with Montgomery County USPS offices.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap I just did the same thing and mine says the same. Why would they ship from CT, to TX then back to NJ? Plus, I thought these numbers were just delivery confirmations and not tracking numbers? I guess I will not have mine until Friday the earliest.

I dont blame tony for usps issues, but in the end I purchased shipping that is guaranteed in a certain amount of time, and that time has passed.

To tell everyone to shut up about it is just being stupid. If this was gamestop.com, amazon.com, familyvideo.com, buy.com, or any other website, I'd be complaining much worse and demanding a refund of my shipping charges at the very least.

I cut liongames a lot of slack, but that slack is seriously being stressed to the limit. What if it never shows? Do we get refunds? replacements? apologies that our money/game is gone?

my shipping still shows

Detailed Results:

Acceptance, August 22, 2007, 12:51 pm, WINSTED, CT 06098
Electronic Shipping Info Received, August 21, 2007

[quote name='majorscud']I dont blame tony for usps issues, but in the end I purchased shipping that is guaranteed in a certain amount of time, and that time has passed.

To tell everyone to shut up about it is just being stupid. If this was gamestop.com, amazon.com, familyvideo.com, buy.com, or any other website, I'd be complaining much worse and demanding a refund of my shipping charges at the very least.

I cut liongames a lot of slack, but that slack is seriously being stressed to the limit. What if it never shows? Do we get refunds? replacements? apologies that our money/game is gone?

my shipping still shows

Detailed Results:

Acceptance, August 22, 2007, 12:51 pm, WINSTED, CT 06098
Electronic Shipping Info Received, August 21, 2007[/quote]

You are not the only one believe me, I'm upset also I have been an avid supporter of Tony and Lion games, but I'm wondering whats next also, I'm glad I bought it retail but I should not have had to, at this point BioShock has cost me $110 plus a ton of aggravation not really worth saving that $20 is it?

I have a question that is not related to Bioshock at all. Shocking, I know, but there are people out there who just bought it from gamestop on release day.

Anywhoo, I was looking around online and it says on liongames that the release date is on 9/25. Isn't assassins creed not being released until November? Or am I wrong?

Hehe...I'm in Dallas, too. Methinks someone in the USPS needs to study the US map with Ms. South Carolina, 'cause last I checked, Dallas is far West of Indiana. Guess that all but assures no BioShock 'till Friday at the earliest.

I'm sure Tony feels horrible for this, as you can tell from others who have preordered other games, he usually does a great job. I'm in Miami, Florida and I received my copy on Monday using First Class Shipping. Be patient with the guy, remember that this isn't a company full of hundreds of employees to deal with your issues. I'm going to order from him in the future and I hope most of you will too.

I will order again in the future if this issue is resolved quickly and with satisfaction. I'm fine if it shows up tomorrow, but I think at the very least the post office owes Tony for breaking their delivery guarantee, and in return maybe we could see a coupon or something for a future purchase.

I hope it doesnt happen again with Halo 3, Mass Effect, or GTA IV. If something like this happens again, then its no personal insult to tony, but saving $20 is not worth waiting 8+ days for shipping.

I'm all for supporting the little guy, but the little guy cant always get a pass for stuff the big guys would be villanized for.

I ordered a crimson ds lite from amazon.com. It was released the same day as bioshock. I recieved my system, and it was defective. I emailed amazon, but didnt get a response over the weekend. On monday they respsonded that they were sending a replacement, tuesday I had a brand new crimson ds lite from them. In other words I've gotten an item and a defective replacement shipped to me in the time its taken to get this game.

If this had been my ds lite from amazon, you bet I'd be on the phone with them demanding a refund of my shipping at the very least.

I got my order in on Tuesday, and I live in FL. I haven't played it yet cause school started this week, but I will. When I read that they thanked me in actual writing on my invoice, I was like wow that's pretty cool. It's not every day people do that. I have 2 more games preordered with Liongames.com. Thanks Tony!

I'm from NH and I received Bioshock on Monday and I also appreciate the handwritten note.

I also wanted to mention I recently received an order of five used games from Tony and they were all in great condition and arrived in a couple days. He also quickly fulfilled a special request I made when I was finalizing the order and this involved late-night e-mails. Yes, receiving and playing the games is, of course, the whole point of ordering. However, when I know that the person from whom I am buying the games really cares about my order and satisfaction, that counts for a lot in my book. Thank you Tony!

Tony --- I realize you are busy, but I emailed you 2 nights ago (on TUESDAY) about cancelling my Mass Effect preorder and getting refunded for it, and you still have not answered.

Please respond to my email....

[quote name='saxman717']Tony --- I realize you are busy, but I emailed you 2 nights ago (on TUESDAY) about cancelling my Mass Effect preorder and getting refunded for it, and you still have not answered.

Please respond to my email....[/quote]

I will get to those emails today after shipping blue dragon and metroid Sorry about that. I am not ignoring you and cancellation will be no problem.

[quote name='liongames']I will get to those emails today after shipping blue dragon and metroid Sorry about that. I am not ignoring you and cancellation will be no problem.[/quote]

OK, thanks for the update Tony --- greatly appreciated!

[quote name='lilboo']Jeeze. Some people are just impatient![/quote]

Well lets see its been 8 days since it shipped on an item we paid for in advance, no tracking info is available. I would say at this point its a little more than impatient. I feel concerned that i won't won't get it at all. I called the post my self waiting on a call back, but I don't like doing business where I pay for something way in advance after having a deposit for months and then it never arrives. I don't care how cheap it was or how great the service is , its not worth the aggravation. I ended up buying it retail yesterday, so Bio Shock cost me $110.00 and a ton of aggravation hmm think maybe I would not be happy ? what do you think?

Look.... Tony basically gave us KILLER prices on these games. He can't afford to put expensive tracking options and free faster shipping upgrades on it on top of that.

I STILL have NOT gotten my copy out here in So. Cal.... but it's the price I KNEW I'd have to pay to get it cheaper. I figure it will come today or tomorrow... since it's coming slow mail from the other side of the country.

My primary concern at the start was that none of us would get these copies and that it was a big scam. I'm well over thinking that anymore. And for me, that's all I care.

$65 (after tax) and have it last week.... $45 for this week.... my cheap-ass figures I'll save $20. And I'd continue to do this, as long as Tony kept selling games that cheap (although that seems over).

[quote name='lilboo']Jeeze. Some people are just impatient![/quote]
What are you talking about? Thanks for the observation --- please go crawl back under your bridge, brown-nosing troll.

EDIT: Just a detail as to WHY I am asking for an update and for a response to my email within 2-3 days.....I have never received an item from this company. I now have $85-90 cooped up in it, and an item that was supposed to arrive days ago (almost a week ago). I have no basis upon which to trust this company and patiently wait days/weeks for a response and for my order to arrive. If I had conducted successful business with liongames.com prior to this occurance, then perhaps I would be more lenient.

Do you understand now, or do you still think I'm impatient?

[quote name='lilboo']Jeeze. Some people are just impatient![/QUOTE]

Are you serious. People in CA were reporting receiving their games last week and people on the east coast a state or two away from Tony have still not received them. It is past the shipping window and I still have not received my copy. Today's mail came and went again. I am 9 days from the shipping date, how long am I supposed to wait before I raise the red flag?

Please enlighten us as to the "proper procedures" for handling orders that have not arrived in the expected time frame.

[quote name='saxman717']What are you talking about? Thanks for the observation --- please go crawl back under your bridge, brown-nosing troll.

EDIT: Just a detail as to WHY I am asking for an update and for a response to my email within 2-3 days.....I have never received an item from this company. I now have $85-90 cooped up in it, and an item that was supposed to arrive days ago (almost a week ago). I have no basis upon which to trust this company and patiently wait days/weeks for a response and for my order to arrive. If I had conducted successful business with liongames.com prior to this occurance, then perhaps I would be more lenient.

Do you understand now, or do you still think I'm impatient?[/QUOTE]

lol shut up. If this wasn't a reputable company this wouldn't have been the 2nd (or third?) thread with nothing but praise. There is just a problem with the shipments of this game only. I didn't order BioShock, but I did pre-order Metroid 3. It came out on Monday and it's now Thursday. My status STILL says "Not shipped"..so, am I supposed to be irate? I got a hell of a deal on this game, but that's just me.

If you can't look at 2 (or 3 maybe?) threads of nothing but praise for this company..then I could understand why you may not trust this company. But go read the past thread or so. I trust this company BECAUSE I trust the people on this website.

EDIT: But to anyone else, why are you getting mad at him/that website? Isn't it possible that USPS is being a whore about it?

[quote name='lilboo']lol shut up. If this wasn't a reputable company this wouldn't have been the 2nd (or third?) thread with nothing but praise. There is just a problem with the shipments of this game only. I didn't order BioShock, but I did pre-order Metroid 3. It came out on Monday and it's now Thursday. My status STILL says "Not shipped"..so, am I supposed to be irate? I got a hell of a deal on this game, but that's just me.

If you can't look at 2 (or 3 maybe?) threads of nothing but praise for this company..then I could understand why you may not trust this company. But go read the past thread or so. I trust this company BECAUSE I trust the people on this website.

EDIT: But to anyone else, why are you getting mad at him/that website? Isn't it possible that USPS is being a whore about it?[/quote]
Your logic is impeccable, kid. I don't know what I'm thinking. You have got it all figured out. I wish I had been as smart as you when I was 22.

Regardless of the deals we received on the game, we should also receive the game in a timely manner. The bulk of the shipments going out on a Wednesday, that's understandable. But when random shipments go for a week without any sort of update to the shipment status, it gets pretty damn frustrating, especially seeing people scattered across the nation (some further from our own locations) receive their games.

For those of you championing Tony's cause, I applaud you, but in chastising us as impatient, who are still without our package over a week later, is a bit absurd. Keep in mind, my main grievance lies with the USPS. Why some gamers in the west coast received their game already (using the same shipping option) while others in the same state (Connecticut) had yet to receive their games as of Monday night is baffling. Then, to finally receive an update on our shipping that shipments going to the Midwest or East Coast are in, of all places, Dallas seems incredibly ridiculous. You mean to tell me, that a packaged destined for the Midwest, must first take a detour of seven days to Dallas before being rerouted to my location? And what's that gonna take? Another three to four days? I don't know.

Just because we paid for the cheapest shipping option does not mean all responsibility of getting the package to us in a timely manner should be absolved. Nor should we have to lessen our expectations on when we should receive a game, or at least an update from the shipping service. I realize the USPS info is not a tracking number, but you can't possibly still sit there and defend their lack of updates on where the package went after the initial shipment that was last week. One whole week to get from Connecticut to Dallas. For a package that's going to the Midwest. Do you see our hang up?

I'll reiterate this again: most of my grievance lies with USPS. So get off our backs, 'cause we're not here chastising Tony, nor are we calling for a boycott to his store. I appreciate the deals he gives and his timely responses to our concerns. If only the USPS could be as helpful and timely.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']

I'll reiterate this again: most of my grievance lies with USPS. So get off our backs, 'cause we're not here chastising Tony, nor are we calling for a boycott to his store. I appreciate the deals he gives and his timely responses to our concerns. If only the USPS could be as helpful and timely.[/quote] well it is vacation season..normal guy took a vacation new guy comes in fucks up the order ships it to wrong place...amirite?

[quote name='thurston']well it is vacation season..normal guy took a vacation new guy comes in fucks up the order ships it to wrong place...amirite?[/quote]

Maybe in a few locations, but this is VERY widespread across the nation (especially midwest and east coast). Hard to think that they are ALL on vacation and ALL this incompetent.

[quote name='thurston']well it is vacation season..normal guy took a vacation new guy comes in fucks up the order ships it to wrong place...amirite?[/quote]Ms. South Carolina must be on the job. Since Connecticut is near Dallas alphabetically, she probably thought it was also close geographically.

The BioShock questions and concerns should really have their own thread. This semi-pointless bickering is only hurting Liongames momentum, as until proven otherwise, we have to assume that this is on the USPS end, as most people still sans game have clearly observed their tracking number's status as "Acceptance", meaning that the package is off Tony's hands and in, I dunno, Gary Coleman's?*

*--Bad joke/pseudo-gaming reference.

People have a right to be angry about the bioshocks. I going to figure out the exact number later tonight. I did talk to the person I wanted to today and I am waiting for his called back with some type of explanation. As far as how long do we wait. I think if pacakges are lost in the mail we must give them two weeks because I am sure they will all eventaully show up. Shipping replacements or refunds now would be counter productive.

Metroid and Blue Dragon are not street dated titles, therefore my distributor gets his shipments on street date and I get mine 2 days later. 6 of my metroids left out of a different wharehouse and I will get those tommorow. No one will be effected because those 6 people who paid for first class will get a free bump to prioirty to more then make up for the extra day. I want to be quite clear I am not late shipping Blue dragon and Metroid.

I know some people are angry but a very large majority did get their orders. The problem is bigger then isolated but I think it is less then 10% maybe even 5%. I am sure people will associate this problem with me but he truth of the matter is this could have happened with orders place online with anyone. As a business owner I am working to try and provide answers. I have accepted the fact I will lose customers over this even though it isnt my fault. I tihnk in the long run most people will know that my games arrive at their intended destinations quickly. I cant promise this wont happen again just like order somewhere else dont guarantee any faster deliverys either. Everyone makes mistakes including USPS and UPS. UPS lost most of my order in the first place. Hopefully you guys can hang in there and let this situation resolve itself.

Tony

I'm hanging in to a degree (I did go out and buy the game, I'm not a machine). I'm just extremely peeved, not blaming you tony, I know the game was shipped. There just nothing I can do, and at this point I've paid for 2 copies of the game.

My package was accepted in Winsted, CT on the 22nd as a First-Class parcel--- is Winsted, CT the hub that everyone who hasn't gotten their games yet is dealing with too? Has anyone tried contacting them and putting them through the wringer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back