Please post ACTUAL B&M store prices for Star Wars trilogy here...

psychobrawler

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Pretty much all of this weeks fliers are advertising a "low price" for the SW trilogy. I'm guessing a last minute price war will be erupting, and thought it'd be nice to have a resource to compare what the actual off the shelf prices are. Post them here once you get some first hand confirmation. Cheapasses unite so we can all get the best deal!

I'm buying mine for $49.99 at Suncoast. That way I get some points on my card, plus I don't think $50 is asking too much for a trilogy like this. :D

[quote name='BigNick']I preordered mine from deepdiscountdvd and got my order today. $41.88.[/quote]

Do you HAVE to say that in every Star Wars thread? :)

[quote name='BigNick']I preordered mine from deepdiscountdvd and got my order today. $41.88.[/quote]

Not to be mean or anything, this is just a question, but do you work for deepdiscountdvd or something??
This has got to be a really good site for dvd's or you get a kick back from every sell you send their way. :p If not the latter then you should, but I haven't tried them but I just might.

EDIT: Dangit, Wshakspear kinda beat me to the punch.

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='BigNick']I preordered mine from deepdiscountdvd and got my order today. $41.88.[/quote]

Do you HAVE to say that in every Star Wars thread? :)[/quote]

YES Im pretty pumped about this one. Jealous?

Might want to check out Toy's R us I heard they have a deal for like 41.99 and like 10.00 store credit for Each of the DVD's Trilogy and the XBOX Game so if you bought both you got 20-30 back in store credit. Save it up for October 27th when they have the 3 for 2 sales...

Glenn

Those of you that still have the 20% DVD coupon from the Madden coupon Books at Best Buy could get the set for around $32 from Best Buy.

Best Buy price = $42.99
Price match to $39.99 from Comp USA + 20% Madden coupon = $32

My Best Buy's all still have a bunch of those Madden coupon books sitting on the shelves so you could just go into the store and grab a coupon off the rack to use.

I believe the Toys R Us was $49.99 for the DVD trilogy and the Battlefront game. However, you get a $10 Gift Card for either purchase...so you could get $20 back.

Also, DeepDiscountDVD.com is a great E-TAILER. They have free shipping and are usually the lowest price out there. I've used them numerous times.

Also, If you still have the Madden 20% off coupon from Best Buy, that could be the best deal if they accept it.

I work at WalMart. Tomorrow morning I'll be calling CC,BB and Target to find the cheapest price then we will beat it,BY MORE THAN .04. If there are alot of competitors around your local WalMart try them after around 10 AM.

bwahaha...I pre-ordered my set during deepdiscountdvd.com's 20 percent off fiasco...grand total: 33 bucks and some change.

I was at my local Wal-Mart today (the flood water receded enough so we could get out there). They had places marked for the DVD set. The price was $47.82 or something close to that.

I traded in 2 of my CC $5 games (Zoo Cube - awful and Haunted Mansion) for $25.50 in credit to FYE. Then I used the credit to buy a $30 gift card (added $4.50) which got me a free $5 card.

I traded in another Haunted Mansion for $15 more in credit . . .

So, after rebate, I will have gotten the Trilogy for $20 ($5 and 3 CC games).

[quote name='Theenternal'][quote name='Dok Diamond']i wish i wasnt broke, i need to find a job and fast.[/quote]

What happened to all those 20's :p[/quote]

went towards a car and my parents wont let me drive till i have my license (got my permit), damn that six month law.

I just got back from TRU. Starwars is 44.95 there with a 10 dollar gift card. So im going to use it one a green sticker game :)

[quote name='Dok Diamond'][quote name='Theenternal'][quote name='Dok Diamond']i wish i wasnt broke, i need to find a job and fast.[/quote]

went towards a car and my parents wont let me drive till i have my license (got my permit), damn that six month law.[/quote]

Yea, Im about to shell out 1000 for a new paint job and some misc work. I spent 400 last week for a new distrubtor and upgraded fuel pump. I already got a swap and I/H/E so this should get me out of the whole

FYE has two specials you can combine to get an awesome price. First, they have a buy a $50 gift card, get a $10 one. Then, they have a $15 mail in rebate. Use the gift cards to buy the trilogy (which was $53, including tax). Then mail in the rebate. Total cost - $35, plus a gift card worth around $7 (more or less, depending on your state's sales tax). Oh yeah, you also get a free poster. Only problem is that it usually takes 6-8 weeks for your rebate check to arrive. Probably the best deal I've seen. Coconuts has it for $30 AR, which is also good, if you have one near you.

[quote name='Theenternal']I just got back from TRU. Starwars is 44.95 there with a 10 dollar gift card. So im going to use it one a green sticker game :)

[quote name='Dok Diamond'][quote name='Theenternal'][quote name='Dok Diamond']i wish i wasnt broke, i need to find a job and fast.[/quote]

went towards a car and my parents wont let me drive till i have my license (got my permit), damn that six month law.[/quote]

Yea, Im about to shell out 1000 for a new paint job and some misc work. I spent 400 last week for a new distrubtor and upgraded fuel pump. I already got a swap and I/H/E so this should get me out of the whole[/quote]

Hey TRU will price match so get them to price match the CompUSA $39.99 and maybe you will still get the free $10 giftcard which makes it $30. Be sure to bring the CompUSA weekly ad or they won't give you the discount.

[quote name='KrazyKefka']I was at my local Wal-Mart today (the flood water receded enough so we could get out there). They had places marked for the DVD set. The price was $47.82 or something close to that.[/quote]

Thats our everyday price,we will mark it down the first week of release to whatever the lowest local competitor has it at. Minus a few cents,eg. if Target has it at 39.99 we will market it to 39.87. :wink:

[quote name='morpheusxp'][quote name='KrazyKefka']I was at my local Wal-Mart today (the flood water receded enough so we could get out there). They had places marked for the DVD set. The price was $47.82 or something close to that.[/quote]

Thats our everyday price,we will mark it down the first week of release to whatever the lowest local competitor has it at. Minus a few cents,eg. if Target has it at 39.99 we will market it to 39.87. :wink:[/quote]

Thanks for posting the Target price. It looks like a price around $39.99 will be what everyone will sell it at by today. Anyone go to the BestBuy Midnight selling of Trilogy? Just wondering if there is a confirmed Best Buy price?

Well, I'm going today on my lunch hour to Best Buy....if they let me use the Madden coupon, I'll just pick it up there. If not, TRU is right down the street...so I could get it there with the $10 Gift Card.

Just thought i'd come check in after ESB (doing a movie marathon). I went to Best Buy last night at midnight (mine didnt have cool prizes), and it was $43.00. I also got the box set of hte new soundtrack for $33 with my employee discount. /cheer.

Well, went to Best Buy today and picked it up....cost me only $36.45 after my Madden 20% coupon. Great deal to me! No rebates to cut, no time to wait....woohoo

[quote name='doubledown']Well, went to Best Buy today and picked it up....cost me only $36.45 after my Madden 20% coupon. Great deal to me! No rebates to cut, no time to wait....woohoo[/quote]

same here - the cashier about wet himself when the coupon worked.
he scanned it and said "it probably won't work since the set is on sale for $42.99." But, behold! The coupon worked! :lol: 8)

[quote name='iamarhinoceros']are those 20% coupons still available ?[/quote]

I doubt it...search in the gaming section at Best Buy. They will say Madden 2005 Coupon Book (or something to that wording)

It's a small square coupon book with about 50 or so coupons in it.....mostly for games.

I picked it up at Walmart last night for $41.88. I checked BB and they quoted $54.99 so I said screw 'em even with the Madden coupon...

I hit up Toys R Us during my lunch break - price was $49.99 with a free $10 gift card for both the trilogy and the game. Not the best deal out there but I gave the $20 gift cards to the girlfriend and she didn't give me shit about spending $100 on Star Wars stuff.

[quote name='henniger']Wal Mart prices seem to be all over the place - I bought the set there for $42.87 today.[/quote]

I'm thinking that what they might be doing is checking for the lowest price in the area and beating it by $0.12 or so. Theres a Fry's here in austin that has it for $36.99 so thats probably why my wal-mart has em at 36.87.

CAGs in the San Fernando Valley can also go to the Wal-Mart in Porter Ranch today where they have the Star Wars DVD set for $36.96. It's a sale price to beat the Fry's one-day sale price of $36.99 (yeah, they beat it by 3 cents...), so Wal-Mart's sale is also only valid for today only. There were still about 20 widescreen sets left, and more fullscreen sets than you can count.

By the way, the Toys R Us in the same plaza refused to pricematch Fry's ("That store is a discounter -- we don't pricematch discounters." I thought I read somewhere that Toys R Us itself is classified as a discounter store) and they will not give the $10 gift card if you pricematch another store.

Camden, SC

Went to Walmart to pick up the trilogy after work. All they had were 2 fullscreen editions for 47 bucks. Wanted the widescreen so I decided to go next door to Kmart. Bingo :) They had em for $39.99.

bread's done
Back